Ratliff has stolen a J&J Tamaskan dog

Info about scams and false advertisements relating to the sale of Tamaskan Dogs (or fake "Tamaskans").
Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Ratliff has stolen a J&J Tamaskan dog

Post by Tiantai » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:41 pm

So a few days ago on facebook a couple of people from the Tamaskan Truth 2.0 and Judy as well had reported in the debate group about the Ratliff couple who had previously tried on and off to acquire a dog from Judy and Jim in Virginia, sneakingly getting their hands on one of their dogs. The Double J Mackler couple who have long been fully aware of the Ratliffs' affiliation with RPK had refused to sell to them. However, the RPK affiliates unfortunately found a way to circumvent the Mackler couple's efforts using a close friend of theirs. This is the full story that Deanna from the Tamaskan Truth 2.0 had shared on the public debate group:
Affiliate of RPK/Blustag, Jonathan Ratliff, has sneakily gotten his hands on a Tamaskan from a breeder who declined selling to him. He had a friend of his wife, Glenda, acquire the puppy with a false story. Jan Graves, friend of the Ratliffs, told Judy Mackler, breeder of the former TDR kennel J&J Kennels, that she wanted a Tamaksan puppy to surprise her husband and son. Here is what happened from Judy's side of the story:

"Jan Graves contacted me about getting a pup for her husband, a combination Christmas/ anniversary present. The pup she wanted I had just sold to someone else. Pup's name was Diego, he named the pup Harry. She said she understood and that was fine as her sheep, they breed were giving birth at that time and they would be busy with new lambs and the pup might be to much to handle at the same time. She reserved a pup from our next litter which was a year later. Sent her the pup last year as a x-mas/ anniversary present. She told me that she sent back the contract but to date have never received it. Spoke to her when she got the pup and she and her husband and son loved him, last I heard from her so I assumed everything was fine with the little guy until I saw posted that Ratliff has him.

Ratliff tried to buy Harry from us and we told him that we would not sell a pup to anyone connected to RPK. He assured us that he had broken his ties with them but we still refused and he finally stopped calling us. I tried calling Jan but got no answer but I called her house number and got her husband. He told me that they are now going through a divorce but he never saw the dog and his dogs are all working dogs for the sheep or hunting dogs and would have had no use for the Tamaskan. He also told me that Jan and Glenda Ratliff grew up together and were friends. She told him that she had to pick a dog up from Glenda and deliver it to her so she was just a straw buyer."

Jon Ratliff has claimed to many others that he is no longer connected to Kevin S. of RPK/Blustag Tamaskan yet his dogs, Ivy, Willow, and Timber, are still on Kevin's breeding stock page. Kevin also still makes the pedigrees for the Raliff litters.

When I asked Jonathan Ratliff about this he had seen my message, but had no response. Buyer Beware. Any breeder willing to steal a dog is not a breeder that should be trusted.

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Ratliff has stolen a J&J Tamaskan dog

Post by HiTenshi16 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:15 pm

Bunch of scum they are :evil:

Taz
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Taz » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:02 pm

As much as it isn't right what has happened, it isn't stealing.
It's sneaky and deceptive, but not theft.
I presume that the price of the puppy was paid in full?
If so, then I suspect that by law the puppy was legally hers to do what she pleased with, including selling, rehoming, and otherwise transferring the puppy from her custardy.
They might have gave her the money etc, but doubt it could ever be proven.
"Don't underestimate me.
I know more than I say.
Think more than I speak.
And notice more than you realize".
"you are free to choose
But you are not free
From the consequence of
Your choice "

Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Hawthorne » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:29 pm

In the US we can write contracts to prevent this. If any US breeders reading this need a really solid contract contact me and I will share it with you. My contact clearly states and requires that dogs come back to me to be rehomed and that dogs cannot be given away, sold, etc. without my knowledge. This is a legal and binding contract and has been checked by an attorney. Of course, you have to be willing to enforce it but I am. These are lives we're talking about, not inanimate objects.

This is tragic. Darwin's brother is in a mill :(
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:53 pm

It's also not uncommon in Germany to make contracts for shelter dogs or dogs from animal welfare that forbid the new owner to resell or give the dog away without permission from the shelter/welfare/previous owners.

I assume the same can be done with pedigree dogs. In case such a contract was made, it would be a violation of said contract, which is not theft, but still breaking the rules.

Either way, very sneaky. Just further proof that Ratliff can't be trusted.

Edit: unrelated, who the hell still uses Comic Sans on their website? It's so unprofessional (and ugly)

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:10 pm

I spoke with Judy and apparently she's afraid that she might not have a leg to stand if this case is to be brought to court. Especially since some of the informations come from Grave's ex-husband and the Ratliffs can easily just say that they bought the dog from Graves. But I hope that in the future more breeders will have a signed contract so that NONE of the new owners can get away with this.

At the moment I am also concern that since the Ratliffs have this dog then there is a HUGE possibility that RPK can also obtain him for stud anytime he wants considering the close-affiliations the two millers have with each other :( and coupled with the fact that those charges against him were dropped :evil:

I seriously hope all of these scumbags go down the gutter for this!

Ryphen
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Ryphen » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:04 am

I suppose if there's anything good about it, it's that he isn't female. It's unlikely he'll be bred to death the way Tasha was.

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:31 am

Ryphen wrote:I suppose if there's anything good about it, it's that he isn't female. It's unlikely he'll be bred to death the way Tasha was.
The bad thing is that a male can be bred to all females, AND RPK's females too :(
>> Nino <<

KodyP
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by KodyP » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:15 pm

I am very happy I read this post. Prior to being on this forum, and reading this post I had contacted Ratliff with the intentions of adopting a Tamaskan. He informed me that he just had two sets of litters, and wanted me to contact him. I felt something was a little odd about him, and did a little research. After reading this I will not be adopting my Tamaskan from him. It's very sad that there are people out there that are okay with puppy mills. Not only that, but he could really hurt a beautiful, new breed. I'll happily wait for a new addition to my family. :D

Thanks for the post!

Kody.

Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Hawthorne » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:51 pm

Kody,
All reputable and registered breeders of Tamaskan Dogs can be found on the TDR website: http://www.tamaskan-dog.org
Good luck in your search!
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

KodyP
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by KodyP » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:47 pm

Thank you very much for that link. I have tried contacting a few, but sadly no response yet, but I'm sure I just have to be patient. I'm very excited to bring a Tamaskan into my family! This is a beautiful breed of dog. I look forward to helping it grow in the US.