'Puppy Mill' in Canada sells Tamaskan Dogs..

Info about scams and false advertisements relating to the sale of Tamaskan Dogs (or fake "Tamaskans").
Rahne

'Puppy Mill' in Canada sells Tamaskan Dogs..

Post by Rahne » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:08 pm

Just found this on the internet: http://www.usedottawa.com/MyAdsById/13041789

It looks like a puppy mill in Canada who sells different breeds and mixes.
There is also an add for Tamaskan pups...
http://www.usedottawa.com/classified-ad ... g_13041789

I don't think there are any genuine Tamaskans in Canada yet?

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: 'Puppy Mill' in Canada sells Tamaskan Dogs..

Post by Sylvaen » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:50 pm

:shock:

nope, there aren't any Tamaskans in Canada yet.
Unless RPK has exported his pups to this Puppy Mill.
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

jmarino82
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by jmarino82 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:07 pm

Maybe the Aatu people sent some that way? Canada; imho, is not very good w/ animal rights. They still allow horse slaughter in a very cruel way and PMU farms. We can only pray that these aren't mill dogs and just a hobby breeder who messed up.(sigh)

I have good news though, I sent someone to the NTCA/TDR last night! I got a pizza delivered and the woman fell inlove with my Luna. She wants to get one as she's always loved wolves but in scared to get a hybrid because of NJ's strict laws.

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:51 am

Rahne wrote:Just found this on the internet: http://www.usedottawa.com/MyAdsById/13041789

With the cost of those puppies its either a Mutt sold as a Tamaskan Dog or a RPK breeded.

I think its the first since there isn't much RPK to it. No mention of wolfdogs etc.

The cost is about a third of what they normally cost.
>> Nino <<

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:15 pm

jmarino82 wrote:Maybe the Aatu people sent some that way? Canada; imho, is not very good w/ animal rights. They still allow horse slaughter in a very cruel way and PMU farms. We can only pray that these aren't mill dogs and just a hobby breeder who messed up.(sigh)

I have good news though, I sent someone to the NTCA/TDR last night! I got a pizza delivered and the woman fell inlove with my Luna. She wants to get one as she's always loved wolves but in scared to get a hybrid because of NJ's strict laws.
I asked my aunt (who is Canadian and live there with my uncle and cousins) she found this link for me about animal rights in canada..
I haven't read it yet though: http://www.duhaime.org/LegalResources/C ... anada.aspx
>> Nino <<

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:36 pm

Only $600? Must be either mixes or RPK bought :(

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:08 pm

I sent an email to the seller yesterday, asking if they are real Tamaskans (what is their pedigree, etc) but still no response.
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

michifloo
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by michifloo » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:10 pm

Just shot off an e-mail to this seller, too, about where her got his breeding stock from....

EDIT: Got a reply. All she said was that they are from the US and not registered. I'm just assuming they are RPK down lines, but don't look like what he's producing currently...at the very least, the breeder was honest and prompt... Anyone in Canada want to put a little pressure on this person?
"I like my dogs more than most people"

JessieLove09
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by JessieLove09 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:01 pm

I love Canada, but not the way they treat animals(Now I have Canadian blood and Canadian relatives, and don't think that all Canadians are animal haters.)

Poor puppies.
Jessica-
Molly-GSD
Rainbow Bridge:
Tanner, Max & Simba

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:09 pm

All my family live in Canada (Canadian) and they are not all the same thankfully.

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:51 pm

Blustag wrote:All my family live in Canada (Canadian) and they are not all the same thankfully.
Thankfully, I would kick my uncle hard if he were mean to animal.
But all of them in their home (he married a Canadian woman) like animals very much.
>> Nino <<

JessieLove09
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by JessieLove09 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:24 am

My family knows I will be on their case if they hurt an animal.
Jessica-
Molly-GSD
Rainbow Bridge:
Tanner, Max & Simba

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:27 pm

Did anyone keep update with what's going on in Edward Jobin's kennel? As far as I know, he writes on his site that there are no longer any July 2011 pups but has not be updating his website. What we do know so far is that Jessica from Kingston bought two females from him in the past and has been getting them health tested hoping to qualify them as legitimate new foundation dogs for the TDR of which she plans to join and that she apparently does not support RPK despite the fact that she purchased off of Edward who knowingly bought or should I say, "gave more money to" that freak.

Sharayah the older light one is looking a little off with those rear dew claws but other then that she's fine as far I I've seen and Taima seems fine as well. Hope the results are good.

While I have lifted my suspicion on Jessica Tremblay, Jobin's activities are still hard for me to track. I'm just hoping that he doesn't purchase anymore dogs from RPK, anyone purchasing from him is only promoting that disgusting puppymiller's commercial breeding business.

Canadia
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Canadia » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:06 pm

Rahne wrote:Just found this on the internet: http://www.usedottawa.com/MyAdsById/13041789

I recently arrived in Ottawa with my Blustag Tam Finch (he's one of three Canadian Tams right now). The ad you posted isn't up anymore - did you happen to copy down any of their contact information? If they posted an address I might go take a look and contact the SPCA. The Ontario government is cracking down on puppy mills right now and it is becoming mandatory for pet stores to sell rescue animals or those from legitimate breeders (though I don't know of any respectable breeder who would blindly give up their dogs to go to whoever is willing to pay for one).

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:26 pm

Thank goodness the Ottawa government is finally taking actions on those commercial breeders. THAT'S how things should work! I don't mean to sound bitter but I hope the pet store companies who I used to Co-op at for a short time FINALLY SHUTS DOWN including Safari, PJs (all of whom are known to obtain their animals from breeding warehouse facilities and puppy mills from all over the place)!

While NOT ALL pet stores selling animals are major puppy milling customers (Pet Smart gets their animals from animal rescue shelters), there is just too many out there and I hope those ruthless money-making breeders get busted pretty soon! Thanks for sharing that news with us. I hope Jobin is prepared to clean up and modify his kennel because if he continues to breed like RPK (like he did in the past) then I'm worried about all of the remaining dogs that we still have no idea what's going on with them as he hasn't updated his site nor mentioned the status of his kennel.

Luccistar
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Luccistar » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:10 am

I'm curious to know, I see the word Aatu written many times on here. What does it mean? :?:

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:05 am

Luccistar wrote:I'm curious to know, I see the word Aatu written many times on here. What does it mean? :?:
The Aatu breeders are a group of former TDR breeders who left the TDR after some drama broke out and formed the TBA. They are Conchur (run by Regina in Oregon), Buckhorn (Tricia in North Carolina), Catori (Dana in Texas)*, and Weylyn (Miran in the Netherlands). There were many disagreements between the TDR and the TBA (Tamaskan Breeder Association, aka Aatu) in the past but right now the TDR and the TBA are in the process of reconciling with the hope to build bridges in the future as proposed before by Martin Bernstein, an owner of a dog from Conchur. It should be noted that Takari (run by Kim in Colorado) is no longer part of the TBA but was part of them during the TBA's early years. Alba (run by Liz) was also once part of the TBA but left and has recently returned to the TDR.

*I'm not sure is she is still part of the TBA.

I used to have some negativity towards them but after the drama that broke out between the TDR and the founders Blustag and Blufawn, we are now coming back together with the hope of reuniting in the future after working out some differences such as back-to-back breeding issues just to name one example of which the TDR is against plus some places in Europe forbid this practice but Conchur supports it and there is still this debate on it going on in a facebook group.

Luccistar
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Luccistar » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:40 am

Wow - I have been on here for a few months now, but never really read about this drama surrounding the Tamaskan world. It's quite something! I'm glad to hear it's all starting to get back in place now. Hopefully there will be agreements made about the back-to-back breeding and new bridges will be built between the TBA and the TDR.

Anyways, thank you for clearing that up for me! I am just starting to get truly interested by this breed, so I'm currently the biggest beginner when it comes to temperament, breed standard, associations, breeders, etc. but hopefully in time I will get to learn more about them!