Can't we do anything to stop RPK?

Info about scams and false advertisements relating to the sale of Tamaskan Dogs (or fake "Tamaskans").
Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:53 pm

I know that the newspapers in USA are always wanting stories.... why cant someone in USA phone up the papers and tell them ALL ABOUT RPK???? wouldn't that give them a GOOD story? may give him some bad publicity at the same time eh! Couldn't a gang of you all hang around his entrance with placards??? just a thought lol... I'm sure some of you could think about other things you could be doing to try to stop him.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Can't we do anything to stop RPK?

Post by Sylvaen » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:52 pm

The problem is that he's quite aggressive and hostile. It would take a large crowd of people to ensure safety as he's already threatened individual breeders. Though I'm sure he wouldn't be quite so tough with a large group of protesters and media reporters placarding outside his property!! :lol:

Another issue is that what he's doing isn't exactly illegal - Puppy Mills are a grey area in (most of) America. There are certain laws and standards, but commercial breeding practices (though inhumane, dull, sterile, mass-produced, etc...) aren't illegal unless the dogs are in poor condition / lacking adequate food, water, shelter, space, etc... there's no laws about taking them out for walks, socialization, or even loving / caring for them with respect... they can be treated as inanimate objects because, as long as the law views them as nothing more than property, then that's how they'll be treated as a bare minimum. So, the only way to close him down would be to call in the authorities to inspect his premises... unless it's kept 100% spotless, all the time, and his dogs are in excellent condition, eventually he can be stopped. I really hope there aren't many dogs suffering in cages, in poor condition (like you see on Animal Cops) but all Puppy Mills eventually end up that way in time.
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:04 pm

Educating the public is def the way to go and stop his sales!! We need to do that in every way possible. I mentioned a petition on the www. This would also get the public's notice. Doing that isnt illegal Im sure. Lets put all our ideas up here.

shadowingshadow
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by shadowingshadow » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:42 pm

I'm sure PETA or another group would be able to help. Anyone have any ideas?

apanickyshiba
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by apanickyshiba » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:18 pm

I reported RPK to the humane society, which they replied they've gotten a lot of emails about them but cannot actually do anything without solid concrete proof about what is going on there. So the people who have gotten sick dogs, anyone that previously worked there and has records, photos or any sort of footage needs to put in reports.

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:37 pm

apanickyshiba wrote:I reported RPK to the humane society, which they replied they've gotten a lot of emails about them but cannot actually do anything without solid concrete proof about what is going on there. So the people who have gotten sick dogs, anyone that previously worked there and has records, photos or any sort of footage needs to put in reports.
That sounds like a cop out, if they get enough complaints surely they could do their own investigation. for anyone person to get any evidence would be very hard. I dont think he encourages anyone to turn up with a camara.

shadowingshadow
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by shadowingshadow » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:28 pm

If i lived nearby I might be able to do something. But i live all the way in Canada :/

apanickyshiba
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by apanickyshiba » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:10 am

JulieSmith wrote:
apanickyshiba wrote:I reported RPK to the humane society, which they replied they've gotten a lot of emails about them but cannot actually do anything without solid concrete proof about what is going on there. So the people who have gotten sick dogs, anyone that previously worked there and has records, photos or any sort of footage needs to put in reports.
That sounds like a cop out, if they get enough complaints surely they could do their own investigation. for anyone person to get any evidence would be very hard. I dont think he encourages anyone to turn up with a camara.
No, it isn't a cop out. They cannot do anything without hard evidence because due to state standards Kevin passes all the basic tests. He feeds his animals, waters them, etc. Since he meets the lowest of standards they can't jump in there unless there is actual proof of him abusing the animals. He's sneaky enough and knows what he has to do to avoid getting stormed in on.

Taz
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Taz » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:28 am

What a shame the humain society don't seem to want to do their own investigation. Sounds like the rspca.

What happens if someone phones/emails about a dog that's being beaten, would they say you had to provide evidence to prove it.

Saying that, it wouldn't matter how desperate I was, I wouldn't touch PETA with someone elses barge pole. Biggest hypocrites walking.

One of their most senior members believes that keeping dogs as pets is slavery.

In one year alone, one of PETA's shelters destroyed around 97% of the dogs in its care, compaired with the local humain societies aprox 34%.

From 1998 to around 2007/8 PETA has destroyed over 21000 animals, some that it apparently rescued, others that were intrusted into their care, in the hopes they'd be found a new forever home, instead, they were destroyed, and either stored in a large walk in freezer, or dumped in bins behind supermarkets. That includes pregnant bitches and puppies.
"Don't underestimate me.
I know more than I say.
Think more than I speak.
And notice more than you realize".
"you are free to choose
But you are not free
From the consequence of
Your choice "

apanickyshiba
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by apanickyshiba » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:49 am

Yeah, PETA is pretty...crazy. But I DO see why the humane society and RSPCA don't just barge in. Can you imagine how many calls they get about the same exact things? Unless they have proof they probably CAN'T just barge in there and do stuff. They have to get warrents, etc. Sadly the world isn't as easy as just being able to take him down in one swoop. All the stuff he's been doing lately though is getting more and more sloppy, making it easy to collect hard evidence against him. So the people that are actually involved need to provide that evidence against him and get the ball rolling.

And like I said, since Kevin meets the lowest requirements to run his operation, they CAN'T do anything.

Taz
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Taz » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:09 am

I agree, they probably couldn't do anything.

Though the rspca is an intirely different issue. I've spoken to people who've phoned them about dogs/cats that were in desperate need, for them never to show up and the animal/s to subsiquently die.

There was also the incident of them killing 10 gsds with captive bolt guns, because they were so agressive. Yes, so agressive that they could get them on a catchpole, lead them out into their garden, and could get close enough to deliver the shot without being bitten, which at the distance you fire a captive bolt from, would put them in range of the dogs jaws no problem.
"Don't underestimate me.
I know more than I say.
Think more than I speak.
And notice more than you realize".
"you are free to choose
But you are not free
From the consequence of
Your choice "

JessieLove09
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by JessieLove09 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:08 am

Sorry but PETA and the H$U$ won't do anything unless it involves the media and $$$. I would suggest getting other animal welfare organizations involved.
Jessica-
Molly-GSD
Rainbow Bridge:
Tanner, Max & Simba

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:24 pm

Dont you have any tv crews or newspapers crews after a big scoop over there? Here they would send in a journalist with a hidden camera and film everything. They could interview Kevin and have a look around. What about anyone who worked for him coming forward and making a statement under oath? wouldnt that be enough? A statement could be written up and sworn on oath and sent to a lawyer. Surely this would stand up in court.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:04 pm

Unfortunately, without photographic evidence or video footage there is very little that any rescue organization can do. It would take a very brave person to go in undercover, knowing his temper and aggression... I dread to think what he is capable of...

However, anyone who receives any mailing adverts from RPK should keep them as they are a violation of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003...
Each separate email in violation of the CAN-SPAM Act is subject to penalties of up to $16,000, so non-compliance can be costly. But following the law isn’t complicated. Here’s a rundown of CAN-SPAM’s main requirements:

1. Don’t use false or misleading header information. Your “From,” “To,” “Reply-To,” and routing information – including the originating domain name and email address – must be accurate and identify the person or business who initiated the message.
2. Don’t use deceptive subject lines. The subject line must accurately reflect the content of the message.
3. Identify the message as an ad. The law gives you a lot of leeway in how to do this, but you must disclose clearly and conspicuously that your message is an advertisement.
4. Tell recipients where you’re located. Your message must include your valid physical postal address. This can be your current street address, a post office box you’ve registered with the U.S. Postal Service, or a private mailbox you’ve registered with a commercial mail receiving agency established under Postal Service regulations.
5. Tell recipients how to opt out of receiving future email from you. Your message must include a clear and conspicuous explanation of how the recipient can opt out of getting email from you in the future. Craft the notice in a way that’s easy for an ordinary person to recognize, read, and understand. Creative use of type size, color, and location can improve clarity. Give a return email address or another easy Internet-based way to allow people to communicate their choice to you. You may create a menu to allow a recipient to opt out of certain types of messages, but you must include the option to stop all commercial messages from you. Make sure your spam filter doesn’t block these opt-out requests.
6. Honor opt-out requests promptly. Any opt-out mechanism you offer must be able to process opt-out requests for at least 30 days after you send your message. You must honor a recipient’s opt-out request within 10 business days. You can’t charge a fee, require the recipient to give you any personally identifying information beyond an email address, or make the recipient take any step other than sending a reply email or visiting a single page on an Internet website as a condition for honoring an opt-out request. Once people have told you they don’t want to receive more messages from you, you can’t sell or transfer their email addresses, even in the form of a mailing list. The only exception is that you may transfer the addresses to a company you’ve hired to help you comply with the CAN-SPAM Act.
7. Monitor what others are doing on your behalf. The law makes clear that even if you hire another company to handle your email marketing, you can’t contract away your legal responsibility to comply with the law. Both the company whose product is promoted in the message and the company that actually sends the message may be held legally responsible.
In his email adverts, he does NOT include his business address or ANY physical address whatsoever.

On October 4th, I sent him this warning:
Please remove me from this mailing list. I did NOT subscribe or request to join as I have no wish to see your "puppy advertisements" or other promotional material relating to RightPuppy Kennels, Inc.

Furthermore, this mailing violates the CAN-SPAM Act, under the provision:

Commercial email must be identified as an advertisement and it must include the sender's valid physical postal address: The receiver must be clearly informed that the message is an advertisement or solicitation, he must be told he can opt-out of future mailings, and a valid physical postal address must be included in the message.

Moreover, I do not appreciate the fact that you "Harvested" my email address, when I was carbon copied into an email to you from Fleur (fleur@deletedforprivacy.com) regarding the "Misuse of Danielle's image for Tamaskan Puppies for sale" on Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 8:31 pm.

It should be noted that, additional fines can be charged to commercial emailers who "Harvest" email addresses from websites or web services prohibiting the use of their directories for sending unsolicited mail.

In addition, under the CAN-SPAM Act, imprisonment is possible for commercial emailers who:

* Register for multiple email accounts or domain names with false identities
* Falsely represent themselves as owners of multiple IP addresses used to send commercial messages

Please note that ANY further unsolicited communication via email will henceforth constitute as SPAM.
I then clicked "unsuscribe' and subsequently received a very rude response. Since then, I have received several more spam emails, which I have kept as evidence. Furthermore, he also harvested my email address from a separate email account, which I never used to email him directly but, rather, was a response to an email sent by "Ronnie@tamaskantruth.com" to my "Debby@sylvaen.com" email address, in which I told him to stop harassing me. So anyone who has received unsolicited spam emails from him... keep them as evidence. Once I figure out where to report him, everyone can forward their emails to the relevant authorities as evidence. This will amount to substantial fines, which may help save the dogs in the longterm.

shadowingshadow
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by shadowingshadow » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:02 pm

I could contact Cbc news. They always go undercover. :) Unfortunately there are always so many people who send emails to them I doubt they'd even look at mine. Also they need evidence and they probably need to hear from someone who is a breeder.

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:05 pm

shadowingshadow wrote:I could contact Cbc news. They always go undercover. :) Unfortunately there are always so many people who send emails to them I doubt they'd even look at mine. Also they need evidence and they probably need to hear from someone who is a breeder.
If a few people who have had experience of him contact them at the same time that might make them take note. worth a try.

apanickyshiba
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by apanickyshiba » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:12 pm

It would also help for people that actually live in the area to contact the news, etc. Since the news and shelters are less likely to take stock in word from someone that doesn't live in the same state. I'd say one thing that could help is contacting the college that briefly had one of his dogs as a mascot (which was canceled when they found out how he operated) since that could help the cause in huge jumps and leaps. They might be able to give evidence about why they no longer wanted the dog as a mascot which would be a huge thing against RPK.

SilverGhost
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by SilverGhost » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:29 pm

what about contacting these guys..? :twisted:

http://www.rescueink.org/foundation/

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:13 am

Antaris79 wrote:what about contacting these guys..? :twisted:

http://www.rescueink.org/foundation/
What is their track record of getting things done? Do they actually manage to change things for the better? Or is it a case of looks good on TV, but 6 months later nothing has changed except now they are advertising "As seen on TV"

If their methods are just to shock and humiliate someone into changing I don't think this would work on him, I don't think he would see how stupid and horrid he looks to everyone else.

Timi27
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Timi27 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:12 pm

Sorry, i was trying to read all this topic but i'm not such a good in english. I don't know exactly what's RPK?

Misaya
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Misaya » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:18 pm

RPK is Right Puppy Kennel.
- Fiona -

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce

Timi27
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Timi27 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:26 pm

yes, that i know, but what they are doing? Because how i read, i get negativ impression. But i don't know exactly.

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:44 pm

Timi27 wrote:yes, that i know, but what they are doing? Because how i read, i get negativ impression. But i don't know exactly.
Right Puppy Kennel is a Puppy Mill/farm
They produce a LOT of puppies without health-testing or even caring who gets the dogs, they also falsifies the papers on which the dogs are sold saying their parents are different than they actually are..
The list is really long on their non ethics
>> Nino <<

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:48 pm

You can read all the info in THIS TOPIC. :)

Timi27
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Timi27 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:30 pm

Thanks for all info!
Now i just don`t know if i buy a puppy how should i know that is a true Tam or just something like RPK?
What i have to see on him? And DNS test and healt tests they do after they born or when i buy?...These tests they can not be false?
Sorry, maybe i ask stupid questions but i`m not so experienced in these things and i want to be sure that i buy from good breeders.
Other question: I saw a lot of Tam pictures, and some of them they`re little bit thin, others are much bigger? How can i know when they`re puppy?

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:36 pm

Timi27 wrote:Thanks for all info!
Now i just don`t know if i buy a puppy how should i know that is a true Tam or just something like RPK?
What i have to see on him? And DNS test and healt tests they do after they born or when i buy?...These tests they can not be false?
Use the TDR (Tamaskan Dog Register) list to see which breeders are registered and is Breeding Real Tamaskan Dogs
Timi27 wrote:Sorry, maybe i ask stupid questions but i`m not so experienced in these things and i want to be sure that i buy from good breeders.
Other question: I saw a lot of Tam pictures, and some of them they`re little bit thin, others are much bigger? How can i know when they`re puppy?
This is just a guess since I don't really have any real life experiences with Tamaskans yet but I don't think you can look at a puppy and say that this is going to be a big dog or this is not going to be big.
But you can look at the parents and see what size they are, then what size earlier puppies is (if any) and if it is a repeated litter then look at those pups.
Besides that Males is most often bigger than Females..
>> Nino <<

Timi27
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Timi27 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:05 pm

Thanks! :)

WhiteElkStag
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by WhiteElkStag » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:59 pm

A couple of questions that I've been pondering.

The name "Tamaskan" is not a registered trademark in the United States. I did a quick search on US Trademarks and it looks like RPK had begun the trademark process in March of 2007 and then abandoned the process in December of the same year. Has anyone attempted to register this trademark to limit those who may utilize it? I know this process isn't free but perhaps it could be worthwhile.

Has anyone in the United States begun working with the American Kennel Club's Foundation Stock Service Program? If we were to do this it would establish the Tamaskan as an officially recognized breed, with particular pedigrees and breed standards.

Puppy mills are legal under North Carolina law, as are wolf crosses. But, NC does have fairly well developed animal cruelty laws. Has anyone looked into suing under these?
I know that there is currently a suit in progress between some members of this community and RPK. I'm not asking for details but I am curious what the general background of the suit is.

I'll keep thinking, but if we want to stop RPK we're going to need to legally block him. Use the system, that's why its there.
Ben Premack
www.WhiteElkTamaskan.com
www.Facebook.com/WhiteElkTamaskan
Rhea (Saxon Aquila at White Elk), Sophie (Saxon Canis Venatici at White Elk), and Auri (Blufawn Sunshine on My Shoulders at White Elk)

theoutsyder
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by theoutsyder » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:48 pm

hey, I'm a new user here. a while ago, I discovered the Tamaskan dogs and fell in love, they were really the dog for me and I wanted one terribly. Which is when I came across RPK, well strangely enough I didn't do quite enough research on the place, and I'm honestly a bit worried. I've already paid for a puppy of theirs and I'm going to pick him up in a couple days. I know now this wasn't the greatest choice, but I can't take the money back, and I can only hope that my dog will do well here. any advice you guys could give me?

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:17 pm

The only advice I would give you is DONT buy.... lose your deposit if you must but DONT buy from him. He is a puppy mill and you are heading for disaster. Also, I must point out that if everyone stopped buying from puppy mills then they would have to close down. Please rethink. Also you wont be getting a genuine Tamaskan.

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:29 pm

Blustag wrote:Also you wont be getting a genuine Tamaskan.
You actually don't really know what you are going to get.

I wouldn't take a puppy home i I were you, the Deposit you will probably loose but it's really not worth supporting a puppy mill :?
>> Nino <<

WhiteElkStag
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by WhiteElkStag » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:29 pm

I did the same thing on accident at first as well. I requested that he return my deposit and he promptly did so. Be very firm with him and he should return your money.

If he refuses to do so then call your credit card company and have them contest the charge, you'll get your money back one way or another. Tell the credit card company that he wasn't selling the product that he was claiming to sell.
Ben Premack
www.WhiteElkTamaskan.com
www.Facebook.com/WhiteElkTamaskan
Rhea (Saxon Aquila at White Elk), Sophie (Saxon Canis Venatici at White Elk), and Auri (Blufawn Sunshine on My Shoulders at White Elk)

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:31 pm

Onarian wrote:I did the same thing on accident at first as well. I requested that he return my deposit and he promptly did so. Be very firm with him and he should return your money.

If he refuses to do so then call your credit card company and have them contest the charge, you'll get your money back one way or another. Tell the credit card company that he wasn't selling the product that he was claiming to sell.
This is very important to make clear - as it IS what he is doing (or more what he Isn't doing)
>> Nino <<

apanickyshiba
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by apanickyshiba » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:53 pm

I almost bought from him as well. He dicked me out of my deposit (which is so nice of him to say he supports service members, and I DID tell him part of the reason was because my husband who is deployed needed a new laptop, so there was partial truth.) but I felt it was worth it to eat the $200 loss instead of getting a possible sick or temperamentally defective shiba. Shibas have enough attitude problems without them being utterly unfixable by training methods :\

kinjapan
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by kinjapan » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:36 pm

I recommend people, especially in NC, and especially if you have bought a dog from him, to contact WRAL and WTVD. They're the two major channels in his broadcast area. In particular they both have a consumer watchdog segment that they run and I'm sure they would investigate if they received complaints.

Here is WTVD's form for their consumer watchdog segment: http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/feature?sec ... id=7110861

And this is the one for WRAL: http://www.wral.com/apps/feedback/feedb ... person=207

Stick to the facts (he jipped me of my deposit, he wouldn't allow me to see the dogs or view the medical paperwork before buying, he forged the register papers) and I wouldn't be surprised if one of them does a segment.

Unfortunately a bill that would have outlawed puppy mills in NC died in the House earlier this year. http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/7899371/ It would also be worthwhile for NC residents to email their representatives for their district to have the bill resurrected in the House.

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:13 pm

Sounds like a plan ;)

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:27 pm

i came hear yesterday but i can olny think of 3 things (that have a high possibility of not working or someone has mentioned it already (mobile not too good for website browsing :( ))
  • 1) someone tries to get a job there ( voluntary work if necessary to make it more tempting to employ someone else ) but from what i seen, it would take a convincing, strong person. it would prob take months to gain trust and even longer to get vids/pics or anything else.

2) a petition to get ALL puppy mills banned under animal welfair act's stating that is cruel and abusive to breed the life out of a dog... (a dog is only allowed to breed xxx amount of times a year and xxx amount of times in a life time kinda thing).

3) find the people who have bought puppies and get them to go for a full vet check up and all the people who have problems come forward... it may count as proof of irrisponsible breeding and selling faulty pups (i don't mean faulty as in this toy is broke, send it back kinda thing, i just mean a lot of faults but no matter how i wrote it... it didn't make sense)...
wish i could think of something better and would actually work :x
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

i did visit the website and if i hadn't have gotten a bad feeling, i would have been 1 in many who fell for the lies... i thought the site just looked too commercial. their site made me think of some sort of cheesey miracle teeth whitening stuff that doesn't really work but costs a fortune, it kinda looks false, a site where they ask for a deposit and everything vanishes without a trace along with your deposit.

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

kendrrat
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by kendrrat » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:47 am

as far as someone getting a job there: im not sure id recommend that knowing how dangerous kevin is and how he has been treating poor janelle, and also i thin hes going to be way over cautious now on who he hires since own of his former employees is helping bring him to justice.

changing the laws would be great, but ultimately i think would take way too long to have a good effect, and thats if they would actually pass- and im not very confident they would.

and currently we are all trying to bring attention to all those who have bought puppies from RPK and more and more owners are coming forward with the problems they encountered with RPK. its sad to hear but i think this can help the cause the most right now. unfortunately the local law enforcements hands are tied due to the slack laws on puppy mills, but justice is coming to kevin, no matter what.

Hiwatari
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Hiwatari » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:54 pm

I don't know what he's doing now (other then breeding). I can say the last time i was there he was complaining about everyone going on about his dogs being sick or that they may have passed. Quickly showing me the one everyone thinks passed away (who did look healthy then). But I do know he picked NC duo to the lack of laws as he asked me why I wanted to open a kennel in PA when their are so many laws on kennels. and NC doesn't have any so I should look into other states. I just told him I'm from PA and like that laws put against kennels. Right now their passing that every dog in the kennel needs at lest a 30min on leash walk everyday. Any kennel that doesn't do this will be shutdown.

I could have gone before I left their breeder list. But every time I went the place was clean. All the dogs looked fine and you could ask to see any of them out of their kennel area if they were in it or go into any of the outside run/play areas to see the dogs. So if you get a third party (younger in age) go that is looking into buying a puppy. I'm sure he'll show them around. Have them ask if they can take pictures to show your other or parents. That would be the best way if you really want photo's of the place. Oh and he doesn't care if you just show up, at lest when i was on good terms with him he never cared if I stopped by to show him my pack and to see their parents again. He also never minded if I brought others long with me.

One of my friends when I brought him after leaving. I asked what he thought of the place. He said it's nice, but he's a puppy mill. No question about it. Even thou he's a "high class one" he's still a puppy mill and I agreed with him. My sister on the other hand just said she wanted the puppy she was playing with (Jake).

blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by blufawn » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:37 pm

This is not the same types of reports we are getting from his other customers. Just yesterday another puppy purchaser joined us on our facebook page to send us this message:
"I bought a Shiba Inu from rpk. 5 weeks later still no papers. When I pulled up the the facility I heard ALOT of dogs barking inside the kennel. I was not allowed inside.. Danielle said pregnant wolf dogs were walking freely inside. Right then I knew something was up. When she brought my puppy out she stunk horribly. Also her tongue was white and she was shaking. All I could think about was getting my puppy out of that environment. They also told me she was not eating dog food, they were feeding her sliced ham which caused her diarrhea problems. I just feel bad for all the dogs there and thought I would share my story."
I think perhaps you were very lucky in being shown around or perhaps you did not see or ask to see the back areas of his kennels.
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Hiwatari
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Hiwatari » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:02 am

Well it was a few months ago that I was there last. That was my second time being there. It was just me that time. The first time was over a year ago with my older sister and a friend. I'm not tying to stand up for him or anything. Things can always change and as I said it was a few months ago. I can say Rin had food problems when I first got her because she was kept with a "rescue" Shiba that was to small to be with the others and another puppy. The Shiba was a bit meaner then I would like with them and that was why she would guard her food. She still at times does it, but only to other dogs and isn't mean about it.

But yes each time I went he showed off what was new, showed what he was planning and working on to improve for the dogs. I have also always been let into the kennel area. The only dogs walking around where the ones outside. The first time I went it was Rocky, Shadow, Tundra, and a Shiba (don't remember the name). Tundra was losing hair and his reasoning was that she just kept feeding the puppies (Jake's litter) and they were to old, so he was keeping her out, so that she wouldn't jump into the puppy pin and try to feed them again. Amy, Josh and me all went in side to see the dogs and puppies. He told us the plans for the large lets outs with stone walls. We all went down to the lake and left after a bit.

The second time there Rocky, and the Shiba were out. Tundra, Tasha, and Shadow were walking about the kennel area, and some of the dogs were out in the stone wall let outs. He told me of his next plan to make big dog houses with fresh water in the let out areas. He was installing a live cam along the grounds to be able to watch all of it at all times. He was also thinking of getting out of breeding Shiba's as the Tamaskan's are much easier. As he said in the morning they go right down to their kennels and the Shiba's have to be chased around to get them in. He can also let out the Tamaskan's without worry of them running off, where he was to be more careful with the Shiba's.

Now again it's been months from when I last went, anything could have changed in that amount of time. I was thinking of stopping by when I go down for the Tamaskan Dog Show this year. But I'm not sure if I would be welcomed anymore as I have left his list of breeders. But I still plan to ask him if I can stop by as I like showing breeders the dog/s I got from them.

Oh and yes each time I went there was a lot of barking. However he has a lot of dogs. Akira barks her head off anytime some one walks by to let us know if shes outside. His dog's outside/ in the dog runs were barking. The Tamasakn's inside didn't bark, but the Shiba's barked nonstop.

Hiwatari
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Hiwatari » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:05 am

Oh yeah and it indeed took me a long time (about 2-4months?) to get Akira's papers. I emailed him at lest once a week asking about them. I got Rin's papers a week after I picked her up. I forgot to put that in the other one.

Janelle
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Janelle » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:10 am

Well what kind of papers and if it was a few months ago because of this lawsuit and the fact that everyone is standing up to his fraudulent behavior Kevin has no other option but to pretend to be legit. He often brags about how stupid buyers are and they can't tell the difference in shibas because he post pictures of the same ones under two different names. For the year I worked there non of the shiba's were sold as AKC only United All Breed the reason being all his puppies died and the ones he shipped in he had to forge the paperwork and list his dogs as the parents. I bet he's getting rid of his shiba's to much money to restock them and the medicine he is pumping into them is quite expensive when you can sell a fake tamaskan from mutts there is a much bigger profit. I already reported his fake registration to United All Breed and everyone else should do the same.

You may or may not get a healthy dog thats a risk you have to take but the man puts so much bleach down because of diseases that even I couldn't stay in the kennel the poor dogs would howl and cry like babies it burns two gallons of bleach in that small room will destroy those dogs eyes and lungs. Everyone knows you register an AKC litter when they are born and the breeder has to have the paper work on hand I cannot even count how many times he had me lie and say his puppies where registered with AKC then he would send out United all Breed papers half the buyers complained like crazy because the birthdate or parents listed on the pedigree was not what they were originally told. Kevin might be trying to step his game up but he still is not selling tamaskans He bragged that tumble was just a mix but looked big enough and markings close enough to resemble a tamaskan he advertises his dogs as tamaskans he registers them as tamaskans with his own registry and he bluntly attacks anyone who comes forward to speak the truth.

My job was to go out and recruit shiba breeders and buy there puppies so he could resell them as his own I personally did this I also recruited dogs on craigslist and tamaskan look alikes. I don't suggest anyone working there if they did there heart would be broken to see the way the poor dogs are really treated when no ones looking. Or god knows what Kevin might do and god knows if you don't do what kevin wants and you see the real side of him run for your life. This mans only objective in life is to use the hell out of his dogs for profit he has no standard of anything he just blames his daughter everytime something gets messed up. Pathological liar this man is constantly causing conflict then harassing and covering his tracks but using identity theft. If I never had to hear his name I couldn't be more happy unfortunately everyday I am reminded by his internet and phone attacks. Me I'm horrified and I will never ever ever work at a kennel again because I know my rights as an employee and I chose to say hell no your a piece of puppy poop and I will and am going to tell the whole world what you really do to these poor animals.

I threw tons of puppies in cages to let them die because it was more cost effective then a vet visit. You burn 5 or 6 puppies a day and see if you think mass breeding is such a good option. The poor souls that make it to a good home are the lucky ones the rest are so freaking sick the moms running around dropping puppies everywhere dogs fighting each other most of them in fear and the tough ones go ahead pull them out, pull back all that hair and see how many scars they have. I personally witnessed him throwing all his infected needles in the dumpsters and I personally witnessed him stalk and harass other breeders and buyers who complained about the health and even death of their puppy upon arrival. I personally witnessed him forge health pedigrees and switch puppies at the vet to get a health certificate and watched him ship failed puppies who were denied health certificates.

Think just think 60 plus dogs the pictures of that kennel what happens the dogs sit in a cage all day they get out twice just to have the cages sprayed with a water hose then if they are sell-able once outdoors for pictures and well if a potential buyer comes maybe they get to go outside then just for show. Oh and those nice enclosures made of brick small investment if you can put up to 20 or more tamaskans and 30 or more shibas also you don't have to clean the area but once a week imagine the profit all you have to do is wait for a dog to get pregnant then what 1000.00 bucks a pup. But you do absolutely nothing but provide food and a big fat cage. All at the expensive of the life of dog who gets no attention or affection until its to old to have pups and finally is rehomed or it dies in labor. Yuck Yuck

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:16 pm

Whew!!!! Janelle. That was some reading! I hope that he is closed down very soon. Like Ive said before though this is just the tip of the iceberg and there are many more Kevins dotted about the world sadly. Pity we couldnt just collect them all together and lock them all in a cage and feed them scrapes like they do to the poor dogs. :evil:

Gaby
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Gaby » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:22 pm

What a horrible story. It must be terrible to have worked for such a person and putting puppies in cages to let them die. :cry: I hope someone can stop him. This can't go on for ever, he already sold so many sick puppies! Aren't there a lot of unhappy puppybuyers?

Hiwatari
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Hiwatari » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:22 pm

I'm very sorry you had to see and do things like that. But if it was me. I would have never done any of it. I don't care how much I'm being paid, I would never. If asked to, I would have left and gone right to the cops about it.
Blustag wrote: Pity we couldnt just collect them all together and lock them all in a cage and feed them scrapes like they do to the poor dogs. :evil:
I would agree with this, there are a lot of people that treat their pets badly. But if you can get the right things together the best thing that can be done is to have their animals taken from them and have them unable to own another. This is why I like my state, they maybe pushing out crazy laws, but it's all to protect the animal. Like the dog's kennel has to be large enough for the dog to lay flat and not touch any part of the wall with nose or tip of the tail. They also have to have a run attached that's large enough for the dog. The only kennels that don't have to are the animal shelters. Sadly kennel rules only apply to someone who has 26 or more dogs on their land within a year as they have to register their place as a kennel. Anything under is just a hobby breeder and doesn't have to pay to become a kennel. I hope they drop the number. But more importantly, I wish the rest of the US would pass the same laws.

I can say if RPK was in PA and not NC, he wouldn't pass as kennel unless he was nonprofit and we all know that he isn't. And just a complaint of a dog being skinny would have someone sent out to check the ground and they would ask to see all animal on the grounds. If not shown they would come back with the cops and he'd have to show them.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:12 pm

Hiwatari wrote:This is why I like my state, they maybe pushing out crazy laws, but it's all to protect the animal. Like the dog's kennel has to be large enough for the dog to lay flat and not touch any part of the wall with nose or tip of the tail. They also have to have a run attached that's large enough for the dog.
Definitely... but even that is no life for a dog! :(
It's like keeping a racehorse in a shed its whole life, or a parrot in a small cage... it just isn't fair because that animal doesn't get to experience life. I know a lot of people still adhere to the antiquated notions that other animal species were "put here" to serve (and for the sole purpose / use of) humans; I am not one of those individuals. I am all for laws that offer protections to prevent the exploitation of other animal species. Thankfully, puppy mills aren't that common in this part of Europe (as far as I am aware) - it's ignorance and the lack of education / responsibility when it comes to owning / breeding animals that is the real issue in this region. Not long ago, human rights didn't mean much in the Balkans... so it's not too surprising that animal protection laws are lagging behind. :?

Hiwatari
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Hiwatari » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:34 pm

Sylvaen wrote:
Hiwatari wrote:This is why I like my state, they maybe pushing out crazy laws, but it's all to protect the animal. Like the dog's kennel has to be large enough for the dog to lay flat and not touch any part of the wall with nose or tip of the tail. They also have to have a run attached that's large enough for the dog.
Definitely... but even that is no life for a dog! :(
It's like keeping a racehorse in a shed its whole life, or a parrot in a small cage... it just isn't fair because that animal doesn't get to experience life. I know a lot of people still adhere to the antiquated notions that other animal species were "put here" to serve (and for the sole purpose / use of) humans; I am not one of those individuals. I am all for laws that offer protections to prevent the exploitation of other animal species. Thankfully, puppy mills aren't that common in this part of Europe (as far as I am aware) - it's ignorance and the lack of education / responsibility when it comes to owning / breeding animals that is the real issue in this region. Not long ago, human rights didn't mean much in the Balkans... so it's not too surprising that animal protection laws are lagging behind. :?
I agree. I don't even like having a rabbit in a cage. My rabbit Koji went every where with me when growing up and had free roam of my bedroom and even the house when I was out of the room. That would be why my cat and my lab Kai love rabbits. He sadly passed away when I went off to boot camp and my brother put him in a cage.

I wouldn't do the lowest required for any animal. The only time my dog's see a kennel is when their at the groomers. Even then I make sure Kai doesn't go in one as he was placed in a rabbit cage for his first few months of life before I got him, so he doesn't like them at all.

I hope the new law passes that all dogs in a kennel need at lest a 30 min walk per day on leash. As I do think they need to get out. When I open my kennel, the rescue dog will have more then enough indoor and outdoor kennel space. I have a plan for the kennel to be kind of like a horse barn. The large in door stall/kennel with a large run. Each having a dogie door leading out to their run. The indoor will be heating and AC, the out door with shade and sun area. At most 10 dogs per barn as I will be having five kennels on each side. The back is going to be a large dog park like area for the dogs to run and play with each other. However this isn't going to happen for a long time.

But off the side info, I really do wish other states had the same laws. Because then it would be much easier to shut down puppy mills.

blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by blufawn » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:38 am

I would like to know how they could enforced that law saying they must walk each dog for 30mins a day, who'd know if they didnt?
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Hiwatari
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Hiwatari » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:39 am

blufawn wrote:I would like to know how they could enforced that law saying they must walk each dog for 30mins a day, who'd know if they didnt?
They will require a chart with every dog's kennel showing when they were taken out and placed back into the kennel and kennels are also checked often to insure things are as they should be. As for making sure the owner or worker do it. There is no way for them to make sure as they can't be there all the time. But once the law is passed (if it does get passed) everyone will know about it and people are more then happy to report if they think something isn't right. Sending someone out to make sure it is.

I had a friend with a very old horse who didn't want to eat much, making it skinny. A neighbor complained about it once and after that every other day someone was coming out to check and make sure that they were indeed feeding the horse the amount it should get and it wasn't eating everything. Plus had feed out were it was at all times.