Can't we do anything to stop RPK?

Info about scams and false advertisements relating to the sale of Tamaskan Dogs (or fake "Tamaskans").
JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Can't we do anything to stop RPK?

Post by JulieSmith » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:03 pm

Hiwatari wrote:
blufawn wrote:I would like to know how they could enforced that law saying they must walk each dog for 30mins a day, who'd know if they didnt?
They will require a chart with every dog's kennel showing when they were taken out and placed back into the kennel and kennels are also checked often to insure things are as they should be. As for making sure the owner or worker do it. There is no way for them to make sure as they can't be there all the time. But once the law is passed (if it does get passed) everyone will know about it and people are more then happy to report if they think something isn't right. Sending someone out to make sure it is.

I had a friend with a very old horse who didn't want to eat much, making it skinny. A neighbor complained about it once and after that every other day someone was coming out to check and make sure that they were indeed feeding the horse the amount it should get and it wasn't eating everything. Plus had feed out were it was at all times.
I suppose there is no real way of enforcing it, but it does mean that if someone complains something can be done. From what I have read it seems that there is no point complaining about RPK as he meets the minimum standard for that State, at least if the standard is higher (even if difficult to monitor and enforce) then complaining can have an effect. Its better than no law any way.

Hiwatari
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Hiwatari » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:59 pm

JulieSmith wrote:
Hiwatari wrote:
blufawn wrote:I would like to know how they could enforced that law saying they must walk each dog for 30mins a day, who'd know if they didnt?
They will require a chart with every dog's kennel showing when they were taken out and placed back into the kennel and kennels are also checked often to insure things are as they should be. As for making sure the owner or worker do it. There is no way for them to make sure as they can't be there all the time. But once the law is passed (if it does get passed) everyone will know about it and people are more then happy to report if they think something isn't right. Sending someone out to make sure it is.

I had a friend with a very old horse who didn't want to eat much, making it skinny. A neighbor complained about it once and after that every other day someone was coming out to check and make sure that they were indeed feeding the horse the amount it should get and it wasn't eating everything. Plus had feed out were it was at all times.
I suppose there is no real way of enforcing it, but it does mean that if someone complains something can be done. From what I have read it seems that there is no point complaining about RPK as he meets the minimum standard for that State, at least if the standard is higher (even if difficult to monitor and enforce) then complaining can have an effect. Its better than no law any way.
I agree with you there and really wish more states started to care more about their animals within it. But until NC starts passing more animal right type of laws. There really is nothing you can do. That is why he picked that state for his kennel. He tried to get me to pick it as well and not PA duo to the laws. I was more then happy to tell him I don't care abut the laws as all I have to do is make sure I'm within the rules and better.

Oh he also told me that anytime someone complains he's giving a call to let him know as people have been out to check his kennel over and over again and know there is nothing wrong. So they just let him know another person complained about his place. With that being known, I would say not to give calls until you can show them something. As the more calls they get, the more they just sit around and not go it would seem.

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:55 am

I am currently in the process of trying to get my $400 deposit back. He offered me Tundra when she had one final litter and I accepted. Unfortunately it may not work out anymore. I told him I did not like his harsh habits and the horrible ways he was treating the TDR and he wasn't happy. All I can hope is that if Tundra doesn't come home with me, she will find a good home.

PM me if you want details on the full story.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

Janelle
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Janelle » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:20 am

Well know exactly what I did when I found out his dogs were infected and he refused to recall or inform the owners was quit and threated to call the owners myself Kevin thought he was being smart by destroying my computer when he gave me back the office system I used It no longer worked blew up as soon as I plugged it in but i already transferred everything to my personal one so it didn't work. But kevin did not let me just quit he decided to attack me and yes I absolutely refused to take Roxy to the field for those games because I knew she just went into premature labor and lost her puppies but yet he refused to let me see her brucellosis test results. I let it go until he started attacking me via internet and phone with stupid harassment techniques and yes you can say no as an employee that was my choice. Kevin is posting pictures of Tasha's supposedly pups in hopes that we confirm who told or how we found out he is apparently threating to sue the vets office and hopes we will provide him with the evidence. Heads up he is all lies several people have confirmed Tasha's death and now that the world knows he is a fraud he thinks he will generate income from us hardworking people with the possibility of slander and god knows what else lawsuits. Who ever this friend is that kevin is informing is a complete idiot to listen to his bull crap I am being nice. Full of it they can believe him if they want to cough sigh waste of time. Good luck to them though..

wen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

when looking for "tamakan" key word on google

Post by wen » Mon May 02, 2011 9:14 am

in order to see if new french speak about it

I fell onto that :

http://www.dogzer.com/photo-chien/l-eta ... -42270.php

It doesn't seem to be a real tam (overall because of the lenght of its fur), but I may be wrong...
"Mieux vivre avec votre chien"
Aide à l'éducation canine et réflexion sur les chiens dits "dangereux"

Rahne

Re: when looking for "tamakan" key word on google

Post by Rahne » Mon May 02, 2011 9:17 am

Well it's not a TDR registered tam for sure. It could be one from RPK..

wen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by wen » Mon May 02, 2011 9:35 am

yeah I think so.

I found other post on CWD forums, don't know if was yet communicated : http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/showthread ... t=tamaskan

the last post is strange : only one post of the member, to say that...maybe it's the creator of the page "http://tamaskantruth.com" itself who posted that...

there is another one, but Miran posted on it, so it was yet communicated I guess ;)
"Mieux vivre avec votre chien"
Aide à l'éducation canine et réflexion sur les chiens dits "dangereux"

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Mon May 02, 2011 10:09 am

wen wrote: maybe it's the creator of the page "http://tamaskantruth.com" itself who posted that...
It would be a way for them to put the web site out there... been a public accessible forum an all that.

it's still beyond me why people will insist on wrecking the reps of good breeds anyway... it obviously is not working so why not just give it up as a bad job... and they are just underestimating their fellow humans intelligence anyway... we should be insulted as a species ;)

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Mon May 02, 2011 1:51 pm

wen wrote:I found other post on CWD forums, don't know if was yet communicated : http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/showthread ... t=tamaskan

the last post is strange : only one post of the member, to say that...maybe it's the creator of the page "http://tamaskantruth.com" itself who posted that..
Someone just sent me that link today... sad to see so many myths and lies being propagated about the breed but, as with the Tamaskan Truth website, you simply can't believe everything that is published on the internet.

I also think that RPK (the owner of the website) is the one who joined that forum and posted the link. He's trying to spread his lies wherever people will read it (especially on conspiracy theory threads like that one). I only wonder how many people believe it... *sigh*
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

wicca1
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by wicca1 » Mon May 02, 2011 11:22 pm

cant be bothered even looking at these sites anymore, :(

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Tue May 03, 2011 1:24 am

wicca1 wrote:cant be bothered even looking at these sites anymore, :(
Agreed.... :roll:
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

AngieH
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by AngieH » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:18 am

I know its just human nature, and I am embarrassed that I get such an emotional reaction to it. :oops: But I start feeling like Chicken Little (the sky is falling!) when I see people post links to THAT site. :o The more traffic he gets, the higher his google ranking.

It wouldn't surprise me if the site-owner himself posts them occasionally under a pseudonym just to drive our traffic to his site. :roll: (be ware of links posted by "newbies") :!:

Would it be possible for moderators to remove all such inappropriate links from the forum?

Our curiosity is only promoting the very lies we complain about. :? If you have visited any of THOSE sites or pages, please consider clicking around the some websites of TDR registered breeders as well. We want the "good guys" to earn a higher rank than the "bad guys" so uneducated pet-seekers find their way to the right places.

Angie
One's horizon shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.
~Nin

Glennz
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Glennz » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:07 am

People should research the dog they are getting.
It´s stupid to click on the first "breeder" that pops-up in Google and buy a puppy.

AngieH
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by AngieH » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:10 pm

Glennz wrote:People should research the dog they are getting.
It´s stupid to click on the first "breeder" that pops-up in Google and buy a puppy.
On this we absolutely agree.

Yes, they should and yes, it is.
(Well, I prefer to think of it as uneducated or naive... But still... Word choice aside, I think we essentially agree.)

So now the question is: do you want to make it easier or harder to find reliable information and TDR breeders?

I would challenge all TDR breeders to google "Tamaskan" and see how many pages of results a seeker has to wade through to find you. Ask yourself if you are comfortable with that.

I would challenge all Tamaskan enthusiasts to google "Tamaskan" And see the ratio of endorsed sites vs. deceptive sites on the all-important FIRST PAGE of results? How, if at all, are you contributing to skewing that ratio? Does it matter to you?

Admittedly, my attitude does not necessarily represent the general population. So take it for what it's worth. Your milage my vary.

I think my conscious is satisfied with my effort here and I can let it go.

Thank you for your tolerance.

Angie
~Nin

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:36 pm

I took your challenge, my first hit is TDR register, then Blustag, then the forum, ect.

But I did find this... http://breeders.selectpet.com/category/ ... a/ontario/
The Tamaskan Wolfdog was a sled type dog imported from the U.S. and mixed with the Siberian Husky, Alaskan Malamute and German Shepherd and were then exported to Finland. In recent times the Tamaskan Wolfdog was bred wiith other ferral looking sled dogs to improve the breed.
:roll: :lol:
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:34 pm

OMG! just cant believe this.... Angie you have a good point there...Let us ALL google Tamaskan and click on our 'legit' links to bring them up to the top of the list. ALSO DONT click on any links here that take you to RPK as Angie says...giving him 'more' promotion.

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:48 pm

A couple of weeks In school (Web developing) we had SEO (search engine optimization) and as part of this we were told that most people (dont remember the exact percent but it was really high) dont go past the 3 page EVER when googling, so if you as a breeder have you page past that people will probably not see it.

The goal should be to have he who must not be named's sites to go bast 3 page then (which will be a very hard challange), even when researching those sites aren't really worth anything hmm
>> Nino <<

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:00 pm

Another thing to keep in mind is the coding used on the sites (metatags, etc) to ensure that google hits bring up the correct sites. I'm pretty sure RPK has some specific code that ensures it always features near the top of the google search engine, but I'll check again when I have some spare time. Ultimately though, search engine positioning won't matter too much. His defamation sites need to be taken down, once and for all.

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:15 pm

I just did the search "Tamaskan Dog" in Google... these are my results

1. wikipedia
2. dogbreedinfo
3. tamaskan-dog.us
4. tamaskan-dog.com
5. doublejkennels
6. breederinfocenter
7. dogbreeds.bulldoginformation
8. picsearch
9. facebook.com/pages/Tamaskan-Dog
10. tamaskandogshowingclub.com
11. tamaskan-dog.com/UK/
12. tamaskan-dog.eu/

Thats my first page...

It's different if you put "Tamaskan Breeders" in the search

1. TBA
2. puppyfinder
3. TCA
4. RPK
5. Blustag :D
6. dogbreedinfo
7. Takari
8. Conchur
10. Double J Facebook
11. NTCA :D
12. Tamaskan Truth
13. Tamaskan Dog Forum :D
14. TDR :D

AngieH
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by AngieH » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:44 pm

Nino wrote:A couple of weeks In school (Web developing) we had SEO (search engine optimization) and as part of this we were told that most people (dont remember the exact percent but it was really high) dont go past the 3 page EVER when googling, so if you as a breeder have you page past that people will probably not see it.

The goal should be to have he who must not be named's sites to go bast 3 page then (which will be a very hard challange), even when researching those sites aren't really worth anything hmm
Nino,
I don't know a lot about SEO, but isn't there something about how many sites link to your sites? :?:

Isn't that the strategy of he who must not be named? He links his sales site to his club site to his gossip site?

If so, then a little cooperation between all the TDR endorsed sits could blow him out of the water. :lol:

BTW: my "Tamaskan" page 1 results are:

1 Wikipedia's Tamaskan page :)
2 Tamaskan club of America :evil:
3 Dog breed info.com :)
4 National Tamaskan Club of America :D
5 Puppy find (links to RPK avai.bile dogs) :evil:
6 RPK :evil:
7 Tamaskan Breeders' Assoc. :evil:
8 YouTube (LooLoo home alone) :D
9 YouTube (TDR Tamaskan slide show) :D
10 Tamaskan Dog Register (finally!) :D
~Nin

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:02 pm

AngieH wrote:Nino,
I don't know a lot about SEO, but isn't there something about how many sites link to your sites? :?:

Isn't that the strategy of he who must not be named? He links his sales site to his club site to his gossip site?

If so, then a little cooperation between all the TDR endorsed sits could blow him out of the water. :lol:
SEO does have more than one factor (Im pretty sure there are people in here who know more about this, Rahne might have more knowledge than I in this ;) )
But Linking between your sites, hits, getting your site on larger sites (if anyone is interested in getting your Tamaskan site on twitter I have the @Tamaskans user in there just PM me and I'll look at it) keywords, metawords (if I remember correctly both of these have less importance than earlier)
>> Nino <<

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:30 pm

Nino wrote:SEO does have more than one factor (Im pretty sure there are people in here who know more about this, Rahne might have more knowledge than I in this ;) )
But Linking between your sites, hits, getting your site on larger sites (if anyone is interested in getting your Tamaskan site on twitter I have the @Tamaskans user in there just PM me and I'll look at it) keywords, metawords (if I remember correctly both of these have less importance than earlier)
This is a site that explains how ranking a site is calculated... and even walks you through it with and example:

http://www.webworkshop.net/pagerank.html

I believe it is possible to rank above RPK if someone wants to read over and start connecting all TDR affiliated sites to increase traffic to all :)

kendrrat
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by kendrrat » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:06 pm

i definitely think promoting our own sites are a good idea- maybe everyone should make sure they have a good network of links set up on their sites so if a interested person finds YOUR site, but maybe lives in a different area, they can EASILY find other breeders. I always find when setting up things for people to help themselves you have to make things painfully obvious, practically bash them on the head ya know?
Concentrating on lowering RPKs standing on search engines... well, i feel like our efforts might be better spent focused on doing better for ourselves, good offense is a good defense right?
But this has raised a wonderful point- be careful what sites you frequent. And if you own a site, how is your site being viewed/used? is it easily accessible and does it open doors to the worlds of reputable TDR breeders? food for thought.
btw, i think everyones websites are looking spectacular, just as a side note ;)

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:23 pm

kendrrat wrote:i definitely think promoting our own sites are a good idea- maybe everyone should make sure they have a good network of links set up on their sites so if a interested person finds YOUR site, but maybe lives in a different area, they can EASILY find other breeders. I always find when setting up things for people to help themselves you have to make things painfully obvious, practically bash them on the head ya know?
Concentrating on lowering RPKs standing on search engines... well, i feel like our efforts might be better spent focused on doing better for ourselves, good offense is a good defense right?
But this has raised a wonderful point- be careful what sites you frequent. And if you own a site, how is your site being viewed/used? is it easily accessible and does it open doors to the worlds of reputable TDR breeders? food for thought.
Actually any time your site gets a better placement you will make someone ells go lower on the list, if we all make our pages better it will be possible to make THOSE sites longer down the list.
AZDehlin wrote:This is a site that explains how ranking a site is calculated... and even walks you through it with and example:
Actually we can't be a 100% sure how google rank is calculated as they do not specify this.
That was something we were told, when having SEO in school.. everyone telling otherwise is just guessing, only way to make sure to make your site come when certain things is searched is by paying google to have the first ones (yellow in the top)..
and if you "cheat" when SEOing there is a possibility that you will be "blacklisted" and will end up really far down the list of pages
>> Nino <<

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:30 am

Nino wrote:
kendrrat wrote:i definitely think promoting our own sites are a good idea- maybe everyone should make sure they have a good network of links set up on their sites so if a interested person finds YOUR site, but maybe lives in a different area, they can EASILY find other breeders. I always find when setting up things for people to help themselves you have to make things painfully obvious, practically bash them on the head ya know?
Actually any time your site gets a better placement you will make someone ells go lower on the list, if we all make our pages better it will be possible to make THOSE sites longer down the list.
AZDehlin wrote:This is a site that explains how ranking a site is calculated... and even walks you through it with and example:
Actually we can't be a 100% sure how google rank is calculated as they do not specify this.
That was something we were told, when having SEO in school.. everyone telling otherwise is just guessing, only way to make sure to make your site come when certain things is searched is by paying google to have the first ones (yellow in the top)..
and if you "cheat" when SEOing there is a possibility that you will be "blacklisted" and will end up really far down the list of pages
It does mention on the page that it doesn't exactly work on google but it does kinda go over little things that do go into the whole idea of ranking.

wolfwannabe
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by wolfwannabe » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:53 am

Well when I googled Tamaskan I got

1. http://www.tamaskan-dog.com/UK/index.htm
2. http://www.tamaskan-dog.com/
3. http://www.tamsakan-dog.com/nformation/info.htm
4. Images for Tamaskan
5. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamaskan_Dog
6. http://www.tamaskan-forum.com
7. sale.donkiz.co.uk/sales/tamaskan_puppies_for_sale.htm
8. http://www.tamaskanbreeders.com
9. 2 YouTube links
10. http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/t/tamaskandog.htm

When I googled Tamaskan Dog I got

1. Images for Tamaskan
2. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamaskan_Dog
3. http://www.tamaskan-dog.com/UK/index.htm
4. http://www.tamaskan-dog.com/
5. http://www.tamaskan-dog.com/index2.htm
6. http://www.tamsakan-dog.com/nformation/info.htm
7. http://www.tamaskan-forum.com
8. http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/t/tamaskandog.htm
9. 2 youtube links
10. dogbreeds.bulldoginformation.com/tamaskan-dog.html

When I did yahoo! search for Tamaskan I got..
1. http://www.tamaskan-dog.co.uk
2. tamaskan.com
3. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamaskan_Dog
4. Tamaskan - Image results
5. http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/t/tamaskandog.htm
6. http://www.tamaskan-dog.com/index.htm
7. http://www.tamaskan-dog.com/History/history.htm
8. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Tamaskan_Dog
9. http://www.tamaskan-dog.us
10. http://www.greatdogsite.com/breeds/details/Tamaskan_dog
11. http://www.tamaskan-forum.com

Yahoo! search for Tamaskan dog..
1. Tamaskan - Image results
2. tamaskan-dog.co.uk
3. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamaskan_Dog
4. http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/t/tamaskandog.htm
5. http://www.tamaskan-dog.com/index.htm
6. http://www.tamaskan-dog.com/Notice Board/notice-board.htm
7. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Tamaskan_Dog
8. dogbreeds.bulldoginformation.com/tamaskan-dog.html
9. http://www.greatdogsite.com/breeds/details/Tamaskan_dog
10. http://www.doublejkennels.com/kennel
11. http://www.tamaskan-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9
Mel.

Zeus 10.02.2007 - 24.07.2012 Rest in peace my boy, you'll always be missed.

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:37 am

I have now placed all the Tamaskan sites at the top of my list so that before I go on the forum (which I do several times daily) I will open up these sites and see if that helps to keep them at the TOP> Is this a good idea? and IF so could everyone do this??? then see what happens next ;)

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:39 am

Its a good Idea, every one hit counts ! :)
>> Nino <<

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:15 pm

i don't click on RPK links posted hear, i just take peoples word for it as i've never been sure how the google hit list works. i do however visit facebook pages (maybe a bit too often :oops: ) and blustag/fawn websites (and most in the Tamaskan Breeder Websites section) hoping it would bump it up a bit.

One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:21 pm

Well if it works to keep us all at the top then I would ask everyone IF they can and dont mind to keep hitting on all our sites including our breeder's sites. I know a lot of you are on here several times a day so if everyone did this then I am sure we can force RPK etc down to the bottom??

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:03 pm

tamaskan dog showing club too... http://www.tamaskandogshowingclub.com
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

AngieH
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by AngieH » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:13 pm

And if you have a website, post a "helpful links" page with all of these too.
I will be featuring a "Tamaskan info" section in the side bar of my blog and on the links page of my web site.

(Expect to have it done Wednesday)

Clicks and links - clicks and links - can only boost web standings for all
~Nin

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:14 pm

I usually use my phone to look and end up clicking on the Tamaskan dog Uk site a few times by accident :lol:

Misaya
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Misaya » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:44 pm

JulieSmith wrote:I usually use my phone to look and end up clicking on the Tamaskan dog Uk site a few times by accident :lol:
That happens to me all the time too :)
- Fiona -

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:22 pm

I have a links page on my site, I'll be posting the Tamaskan clubs sites...not too sure about the breeders sites, maybe I'll just put the TDR breeders page http://www.tamaskan-dog.com/breeders/Index.htm.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

AngieH
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by AngieH » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:57 pm

Boreal wrote:I have a links page on my site, I'll be posting the Tamaskan clubs sites...not too sure about the breeders sites, maybe I'll just put the TDR breeders page http://www.tamaskan-dog.com/breeders/Index.htm.
FYI: I noticed you credit RPK for using their photos. If you prefer, you can simply say "copyrighted photos used with permission" instead of mentioning the unmentionables. ;)
If he insists on photo credit, it is more correct to name the photographer/artist by name instead of the business (unless it is a photography business, of course) :lol:

Just a thought.

-A
~Nin

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:47 am

Don't know if this will help since it got more views that way :( , but a friend had told me that they had gone through all the RPK videos on YouTube and gave them a thumbs down, even the videos that said their dog was a Tamaskan but clearly not.
When they told me that I just went through and watched all the real Tamaskan videos and gave them a thumbs up ;) (which they did too).

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:32 am

AngieH wrote:
Boreal wrote:I have a links page on my site, I'll be posting the Tamaskan clubs sites...not too sure about the breeders sites, maybe I'll just put the TDR breeders page http://www.tamaskan-dog.com/breeders/Index.htm.
FYI: I noticed you credit RPK for using their photos. If you prefer, you can simply say "copyrighted photos used with permission" instead of mentioning the unmentionables. ;)
If he insists on photo credit, it is more correct to name the photographer/artist by name instead of the business (unless it is a photography business, of course) :lol:

Just a thought.

-A
Thanks for the idea, he did ask for photo credit and he did take the pictures...*shrug* no loopholes.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:04 am

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Misaya
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Misaya » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:00 am

Just realised I missed out Karsetn and Kirsten, many apologies, how could I after having such a good time at the German show :) I have put them in now and also added the dog showing page.
- Fiona -

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:06 pm

Just been up and down the links dozens of time whilst drinking my coffee :lol: :lol: Hope this works :lol:

AngieH
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by AngieH » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:20 pm

Misaya wrote:Just realised I missed out Karsetn and Kirsten, many apologies, how could I after having such a good time at the German show :) I have put them in now and also added the dog showing page.
Thanks! I missed them too. Also, don't forget J&J (Double J Kennels)
~Nin

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:48 pm

Blustag wrote:Just been up and down the links dozens of time whilst drinking my coffee :lol: :lol: Hope this works :lol:

Haha, so all we have to do is click them a bunch of times and it will bring you guys to the top?
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:09 am

linking all our pages and clicking on visiting them often helps...

I have been visiting them all daily from both my computers :)

I hope this has results we can see :)

AngieH
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by AngieH » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:33 pm

AZDehlin wrote:linking all our pages and clicking on visiting them often helps...

I have been visiting them all daily from both my computers :)

I hope this has results we can see :)
That reminds me. . . What happened to the Tamaskan WebRing?

would lninking to one another would make "making the rounds" easier ?

~Angie
~Nin

blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by blufawn » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:41 pm

AngieH wrote:That reminds me. . . What happened to the Tamaskan WebRing?
If someone didn't use it within so many weeks it would get taken away, I kept having to put it back into place and in the end I got fed up with the darn thing and scraped it
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Jasoncgnu
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Boosting Google Site Rank

Post by Jasoncgnu » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:39 am

Hi all, I'm new to the board and am totally taken with these beautiful dogs. They are just simply stunning and I hope to own one someday in the not too distant future. BTW Blustag I sent you an email so hopefully you got it. :D

Now bear with me this is a bit long.

I'm posting here because I noticed the RPK sites (I think they are impossible to miss unfortunately) and the whole situation really struck a chord with me. I noticed that his club of America site is listed first on google and the RPK site isn't that far down from it when searching "tamaskan".

I did a little research, and I'm not an IT expert, but I think there are some things that can be done to help boost the rank of the REAL tamaskan sites. I think you know that site traffic plays a role in determining the rank but even more important are hyperlinks from other sites to the site in question.

As an example, posting the link Real Purebred Tamaskan Dogs to the TDR site will help to boost that site's rank. This is because the TDR contains the word Tamaskan within the site and I used the word Tamaskan in the hyperlink. If you are interested in these concepts you can look up "pagerank", "google bomb" and "search optomization".

What can you do? If you post a video, picture, etc. of tamaskan related content then include a hyperlink using the word tamaskan to the TDR or other real tamaskan sites.

Well at least I think that's how it works...if there is an IT professional around perhaps they could confirm this?

Jason

Edit: One quick side note. Don't go out and post a ton of links all at once. It's rumored that google optimized their search algorithm to look for this and it can actually hurt the sites rank. However, it would probably be impossible for the people on these boards to generate that much traffic but just beware anyway.
Kita - 3y/o Husky/Corgi rescue

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Boosting Google Site Rank

Post by Sylvaen » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:33 am

Jasoncgnu wrote:Hi all, I'm new to the board and am totally taken with these beautiful dogs. They are just simply stunning and I hope to own one someday in the not too distant future. BTW Blustag I sent you an email so hopefully you got it. :D
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the useful / helpful tips!! :D
I think your advice will definitely come in handy to boost the ratings of the real websites.

BTW: Kita is lovely - please post some more pics! :)