3rd Annual Euro Tamaskan Meeting (11 June 2011)

Real life Shows and Events (ARBA, USTDC, etc).
muensterland
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

3rd Annual Euro Tamaskan Meeting (11 June 2011)

Post by muensterland » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:05 pm

Here are the results for the Euro Meeting 2011:

Minor Puppy-class:

1. Blustag Yowler (owner Gaby Timmer)
2. Blustag Saphira at Muensterland (owner Kirsten & Karsten Büscher)

Puppy-class:

1. Maja from Muensterland (owner Mirco Hofecker)
2. Blustag ???? (called Sam-owner Michael Heise)
3. Blustag ???? (called Cheyenne-owner Peter Hatrath)
3. Blustag Blue Rosalie (owner Rolf Albersmann)
3. Jack Daniels vom Muensterland (owner Vroni Effner)

Junior-class:

1. Blustag Nippigon at Muensterland (owner Kirsten & Karsten Büscher)
2. Sylvaen Vulpine Inferno (owner Markus Pfeiffenofer)
3. Amy from Muensterland (owner Alexander Klose)
4. Pocahontas from Muensterland at Blustag (owner Lynn Hardey)
4. Konah from Muensterland (owner Rahne Meeder)
4. Sylvaen Firefox (owner Lorry Leclerc)
4. Sylvaen Vatrene Liscia (owner Andrija Raguz)
4. Sugalba Piggin out (owner Andrea Aulich)
4. Blustag Nelson Nahani (owner Susanne Hausknecht)
4. Sugalba Goin the hole boy (owner Marc Jiscra)
4. Zoolo from Muensterland (owner Ina Hutzenlaub)
4. Akim from Muensterland (owner Cora Cremers-Helfer)
4. Fly from Muensterland (owner Kirsten & Karsten Büscher)
4. Nanuq from Muensterland (owner Kirsten & Karsten Büscher)

open class female:

1. Blustag Little Sunshine at Muensterland (owner Kirsten & Karsten Büscher)
2. Blustag River Jordan (owner Debby Stainforth)

open class male:

1. Blustag Lapis Lazuli (owner Debby Stainforth)
2. Blustag River Otter (owner Karen Kampermann)
3. Blustag Rod Rum (owner Karen Kampermann)

BEST PUPPY: Blustag Yowler (owner Gaby Timmer)
BEST IN SHOW: Blustag Lapis Lazuli (owner Debby Stainforth)

best wishes....Karsten
best wishes from Kirsten and Karsten
http://www.tamaskan-vom-muensterland.de

Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Re: 3rd Annual Euro Tamaskan Meeting (11 June 2011)

Post by Tarheel » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:26 pm

You all had a wonderful turn out. I counted 26 dogs listed in the show catagories. I hope soon the USA shows will be that big. Give us time and we will get there.
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:04 am

Congrats to the winners! I do hope to see the USA shows be just as big one day :)

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:10 am

Congrats to everyone :) Looks like a very successful show!
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:33 am

Congratulations to all participants :D

Gaby
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Gaby » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:11 am

Yes, it was such a nice day and Mila was Best Puppy, which was very nice for us off course. What I wanted to ask, we had to do some tasks and we where jugded on how the dogs did that. Like climbing on a bench, walking and stopping. What was the behaviour the judges wanted to see? Because my German isn't good, I didn't understand it fully. Can somebody help me out?

Glennz
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Glennz » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:33 am

Gaby wrote:Yes, it was such a nice day and Mila was Best Puppy, which was very nice for us off course. What I wanted to ask, we had to do some tasks and we where jugded on how the dogs did that. Like climbing on a bench, walking and stopping. What was the behaviour the judges wanted to see? Because my German isn't good, I didn't understand it fully. Can somebody help me out?
Although I wasn´t there, I guess a wolfy walk. :)

Misaya
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Misaya » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:39 am

Gaby wrote:Yes, it was such a nice day and Mila was Best Puppy, which was very nice for us off course. What I wanted to ask, we had to do some tasks and we where jugded on how the dogs did that. Like climbing on a bench, walking and stopping. What was the behaviour the judges wanted to see? Because my German isn't good, I didn't understand it fully. Can somebody help me out?
I was a bit confused too, it was more like an obedience competition in some ways. Although as the main judge was very much into behaviour, perhaps he was trying to see how the dogs reacted to their owners in the pack hierarchy.

It was a really good day and congratulations to all the winners.

I thought it was really nice how everyone who had participated were each given little glass trophies even though they hadnt won a class:)
- Fiona -

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce

Gaby
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Gaby » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:41 pm

Glennz wrote:
Although I wasn´t there, I guess a wolfy walk. :)
Yes, you are right, that was indeed one of the tasks that I did understand. ;) I meant the two others tasks, climbing on a bench, walking with the dog and suddenly stopping. They watched the reaction when you stopped walking. But I didn't know what they exactly wanted to see. ;) You should have come, it was a very nice day, good opportunity to get to know the Tamaskan for real! :D
Misaya wrote:
I was a bit confused too, it was more like an obedience competition in some ways. Although as the main judge was very much into behaviour, perhaps he was trying to see how the dogs reacted to their owners in the pack hierarchy.

It was a really good day and congratulations to all the winners.

I thought it was really nice how everyone who had participated were each given little glass trophies even though they hadnt won a class:)
I'm such a dominant women, that's why Mila was best puppy I guess. :mrgreen: :lol: Haha, no, I'm just kidding, I don't know. And I really like the glass trophies too! Good job from the organization!

blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by blufawn » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:51 pm

These shows are a competition for beauty though, not obedience. I am also interested to know what he was looking for by getting the dogs to jump on the bench. And what exactly he was looking for in a winner?!!?
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:32 pm

It was a really nice meeting, there was a good turnout with lots of dogs (and their owners) from all over Europe.

Since there were so many younger dogs, I think it would have been a good idea to divide the Puppy Class and the Junior Class into male and female categories, as was done with the older dog classes. Only the Minor Puppy should remain mixed. If you look at the sheer number of entries in the Junior Class, it would have made sense to divide it into male and female categories.

Aside from that, the judging was a little bit different to what I was expecting - it wasn't a pure conformation show (as usual) but instead the judge was also looking at various obedience tasks as well. I'm just amazed that I was able to get Jasper and Vixen up onto the bench, since I've practiced training them to jump OVER objects, so that was pretty cool when they actually did it. Though I think it was more of a behavior test (how the dog handles a strange and new situation / task). Of course, the Tamaskan Germany team had the Home Advantage (hehehehe) but most of the dogs did get up onto the bench, which was interesting to see. I couldn't get Vixen to sit on it though, she's not very good at multitasking lol... Jasper, on the other hand, was really showing off... haha I think the judge was really impressed with Jasper's overall character and especially his movement. He has a very wolfy pace and also loves prancing around in front of an audience so I think it was a combination of factors - certainly not just appearance alone. I guess all the months of training (and giving him a bath before the show) really paid off. :lol:

Some of the younger dogs were absolutely gorgeous but I think their age / lack of development held them back... for instance, Timba has a wonderful head / face / ears but her hindquarters are still lacking definition / muscle tone and she is a bit on the slim side (as normal for juveniles). Jasper was exactly the same when he was around 12-18 months old: too skinny and lanky. It's only just now that he is 2.5 years old that he is finally starting to fill out and gain some weight / muscle tone. Before he didn't look very impressive (only at the front) and he looked a little out of proportion (legs too long, etc) but now he looks great all around. I think in another 6 months or so, Timba will really fill out and blossom into an awesome adult. Of the males, Mas'Khann looked very well-developed for his age but I think having such a large class (of both males and females) meant that it was very hard to pick the best from such a big selection.

IF I had been the judge, I probably would have awarded...

Junior Class (males):
1. Sylvaen Firefox (owner Lorry Leclerc)
2. Blustag Nelson Nahani (owner Susanne Hausknecht)
3. Sylvaen Vulpine Inferno (owner Markus Pfeiffenofer)
4. Blustag Nippigon at Muensterland (owner Kirsten & Karsten Büscher)
4. Akim from Muensterland (owner Cora Cremers-Helfer)
4. Nanuq from Muensterland (owner Kirsten & Karsten Büscher)

Junior Class (females):
1. Amy from Muensterland (owner Alexander Klose)
2. Pocahontas from Muensterland at Blustag (owner Lynn Hardey)
3. Sugalba Goin the hole boy (owner Marc Jiscra)
4. Konah from Muensterland (owner Rahne Meeder)
4. Sugalba Piggin out (owner Andrea Aulich)
4. Sylvaen Vatrene Liscia (owner Andrija Raguz)
4. Zoolo from Muensterland (owner Ina Hutzenlaub)
4. Fly from Muensterland (owner Kirsten & Karsten Büscher)

But that's just me... I'm glad I wasn't judging though, it's not easy to decide!

I think, in the future, it would be good to have a regular conformation show AND perhaps a separate event for obedience / agility / various training tasks etc. That way people could decide to participate in both events, or just one or the other. As far as schedule: the first hour could be a meet&greet time, for all the owners to say hello and get organized while dogs get photographed, etc... then the conformation show could take place directly afterward (with winners of the show being announced directly after that event), then the obedience / agility events could take place (with winners being announced directly after that event), then lunch + lectures while everyone is eating and relaxing, followed by the award ceremony / prize-giving in the afternoon, and then off-leash playtime for the dogs afterward while we all eat cake and drink coffee. :)

Either way, it was a nice show and the Tamaskan Germany team did a great job with hosting and organizing - it must have been a lot of work!! It was definitely a success though and I think next year's event will be even better! :D
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Gaby
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Gaby » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:39 pm

I agree with Debby about the programme for a day like this!
blufawn wrote:These shows are a competition for beauty though, not obedience. I am also interested to know what he was looking for by getting the dogs to jump on the bench. And what exactly he was looking for in a winner?!!?
Maybe a nice idea for next year, judging the looks of the dogs and judging temperament. Temperament is more important to me, because most Tamaskan are already very pretty dogs.

And a stupid question, :oops: I'm really a nitwit in showing dogs, but Best puppy, does that mean a dog is "best" in the Minor puppy-class and Puppy-class?

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:44 pm

I enjoyed the meeting and seeing all the dogs together but was very disappointed in the judging organisation. It was supposed to have started at 10am and didnt start until 3.30pm with a lot of people having to leave early as travelling a long way home. In all my years of showing/judging I have never seen anyone judge dogs this way :evil: Nothing made any sense to me and I didnt even know that Timba had been placed until I saw the results here. Some people had to leave before the results were known which were kept until the end of the show instead of after each class. I also had no opportunity to photograph the winners of each class as they were all called at the end of the day, gifts handed out and then they left the area. There were a lot of people present who also couldnt speak German so were left completely in the dark all day long. I donated a trophy that was to have gone to the Best in Show thinking that the judging would have been on type, conformation, movement etc etc as it should have been. There were 3 judges judging, husband and wife and friend! The main judge told me that Timba was the best dog there and yet when I asked him why she didnt get placed then he told me he 'didnt know'....?!? Im sorry but I just hope that next year as it is supposed to be a EUROPEAN TAMASKAN BREED SHOW and there will be even more entries that it is judged correctly with just the one judge judging for conformation, type etc as it should be. That way with individual classes with everyone from that class in the 'ring' at the same time the audience can see who is entered and when the judging is finished 'everyone' can see who the winners are . Placings should go to at least 4th place and then photographs can be taken of all the winners. At the end... the first place from each class should compete against each other for the best dog/bitch and so on. At the end of the day you should have a Best Puppy and a Best In Show ... both these dogs and owners should then be photographed together with their trophies.....

COme on Guys you did an excellent job of the venue, catering etc but next year lets us have a show judged correctly with just the one judge and also classes for all the other pedigrees and crossbreeds that turned up and couldnt take part.

I hope you will all come to our Anniversay Show here in UK next year and see how its done :D

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:52 pm

Sylvaen wrote:Timba has a wonderful head / face / ears but her hindquarters are still lacking definition / muscle tone and she is a bit on the slim side (as normal for juveniles).
Sorry Debby I have to totally disagree with you here. There is nothing wrong with her hindquarters or muscle tone. She is well muscled up as she spends her life running around like a greyhound here. She is out of coat as most of them are at this time of year and this always makes them look a litter lighter weight. She won Best Bitch at our UK show and as I said above the main judge at the Euro show said she was the best dog there on the day as did a lot of other people. I dont care personally that she didnt win anything as I was only too glad to meet up with everyone just sad that the show was judged the way it was.