Classes for Tam Fest 2012

Real life Shows and Events (ARBA, USTDC, etc).
blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Classes for Tam Fest 2012

Post by blufawn » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:29 am

I have been working on the schedule for Tam Fest 2012 (*hint* anyone wanting to submit a logo, hurry up)

All the names of the exhibitors in the breed classes (next to their number which they will have to wear on the day) will then be compiled in a special catalogue of events (so when you see the number on the person you can look up their dogs and see their breeding without having to go over and ask each owner) which people can buy to take home with them as a souvenior.

We are asking if anyone would like to advertise in our catalogue, the show will have a worldwide audience. Breeder kennels, personal businesses or just a greeting message for a small fee that will help raise money to make the show bigger and better.

Obviously the show is going to be bigger than usual with people coming from across the globe. Because of this we will be putting on more classes than the usual 5, in fact we are having 19, hopefully this way everyone will go home with a prize.
Here is what I have so far:

Minor Puppy Dog (14wks - 6month)
Puppy Dog (6 months - 12 months)
Junior Dog (12 months - 18 months)
Yearling Dog (18 months - 24 months)
Open Dog (all)
Veteran Dog (over 6 years)
Minor Puppy Bitch
Puppy Bitch
Junior Bitch
Yearling Bitch
Open Bitch
Veteran Bitch

Stud Dog (sired 2 pups)
Brood Bitch (whelped 2 pups)
Foreign Dog (for dogs from outside the UK)
Brace ( for 2 exhibits judged on consistency)
Best Black Grey
Best Red Grey
Best Wolf Grey

Novelty classes will be available for Tamaskan and non Tamaskan. These classes are entered on the day and not included in the schedule, so can worry about those later.

Is there anything anyone would like to see here, or anything people think is not needed?
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

UK TAMASKAN 10TH ANNIVERSARY SHOW

Post by Blustag » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:49 pm

FOR YOUR DIARY: The UK Tamaskan Anniversary Show will now be held on Saturday 12th May 2012.
Camping is available from Friday 11th May until Sunday 13th May.

We are currently looking for a suitable venue in the centre of the country close to an airport as people will be travelling in from Europe, USA and of course Scotland and South of England so the centre of the country will be fair to all. Eurotunnel and Ferries are much cheaper if booked well in advance so make a note of that. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions for our anniversary then please let us know ;)

More details to follow.

EDIT: The venue location will be the Long Eaton Showground which is situated between Nottingham and Leicester approx 10 mins from the East Midlands Airport and quarter of a mile from Junction 25 on the M1 I will get a post code for GPS systems in due course. This is easy access for everyone especially those flying in to UK and also for driving over from Europe as straight up from Dover, M25 (London Bypass) and then M1 heading North. I will get some information on local hotels and bed and breakfast in due course for those not camping.

Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Re: UK TAMASKAN 10TH ANNIVERSARY SHOW

Post by Tarheel » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:37 pm

For people traveling form overseas, What would be the best international airport to fly in to?
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:35 pm

i think it's east midlands airport... (thats what my boyfriend told me anyways :P )

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Alaska
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Alaska » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:15 am

I live in Long Eaton so can probably be helpful on this one!! There are 2 main hotels in Long Eaton (off the slip road to the M1). These are the Ramada Jarvis & Novotel. Anyone need help with directions or further info on Long Eaton i'd be happy to help!!! :D

TeresaC
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by TeresaC » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:08 am

Lynn, this will be a great birthday party for me!! Thanks for planning so far in advance.
Teresa Cutler
Moondance Tamaskan, Wisconsin
US Tamaskan Dog Club, Secretary

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:28 pm

Sorry for the delay on info on the nearest airports as was just wanting to get the date and venue done first. I can get more info on Hotels and Bed & Breakfast and also if anyone wishes to camp on the venue field let me know as I have about 3 extra tents but Im sure they will be taken fairly quickly so dont delay on that. I dont have extra sleeping bags etc for everyone though. As like this year we will have a BBQ or food supplied by Ali for the evenings and drinks and fairy lights :lol:

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:37 pm

One can bring her own tent with her right? - I'm thinking on going by car.. or hoping.. since It's depending a little on when my internship in (hopefully) Canada will be.. hmm..
>> Nino <<

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:20 pm

Of course anyone can bring their own tents as there will be plenty of room for camping. Caravans etc also welcome ;)

nivenj
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Re: Classes for Tam Fest 2012

Post by nivenj » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:47 pm

Hi, Is there any further info on this, its been a while since its been updated and its fast approaching. I'm hoping to attend but it will be my first and would love to have some idea on how it all works.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” --Aristotle *

Cakesandcats
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Cakesandcats » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:57 pm

Hi all. We're planning on coming to the show (I'm even missing a day of a cat show.... :D ) so we can meet some of you in the 'real' world. Can anyone suggest what sort of time we'd be best arriving?
Thanks

Misaya
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Misaya » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:20 pm

Apologies everyone. We are a bit behind with our planning of the show due to various circumstances. Hopefully there should be some further info in the near future :)
- Fiona -

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce