2013 US Tamaskan Dog Club Annual Breed Show

Real life Shows and Events (ARBA, USTDC, etc).
Post Reply
User avatar
Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1817
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 11:07 pm
Location: Pennsylvania | USA
Contact:

2013 US Tamaskan Dog Club Annual Breed Show

Post by Hawthorne » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:21 pm

We have picked a date and location for the 2013 show!

For 2013, we will return to Madison, Wisconsin on June 15th. But that's not all!

Teresa and I will be working together to find additional activities for attendees to take advantage of, including: a pack walk the day before (June 14th), a workshop or seminar the day before (June 14th), a breeder's luncheon the day before (June 14th) with a canine reproductive specialist (topic to be announced), and lastly, a NTCA membership meeting after the show.

Last year Teresa worked very hard to put this all together. If you can help in any way, or have ideas, please post here or get in touch with us.

Judge to be announced.

We also have an "event" page for those of you on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/272670666177867/ where we will post updates.

Oh, and we are requesting your ideas for workshop / seminar / lecture topics. Is there a specific topic you'd like to learn about? Please let us know and we'll try and track someone down. This should be another exciting year for our Annual Breed Show!
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

User avatar
TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3274
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:56 am
Location: UK, East Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: NTCA Annual Breed Show 2013

Post by TerriHolt » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:41 pm

As usual, I eagerly await photos :D Sounds like heaps of fun too...
Image

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

User avatar
AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3039
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:52 am
Location: Upper Peninsula of Michigan, USA (for now)
Contact:

Re: NTCA Annual Breed Show 2013

Post by AZDehlin » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:48 am

I am willing to help, just let me know what you need help with. Trophies & Ribbons, Certificates, Food, Getting Sponsors or Donations, Poster, Anything let me know.


I will be arriving on the 13th and leaving on 16th.

User avatar
Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2554
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:16 pm
Location: Canada (North York, Ontario)

Re: NTCA Annual Breed Show 2013

Post by Tiantai » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:22 pm

I look forward to hearing more. I don't know when Amit's going to host a breed show for the NTCC yet though as I'm still barred from travelling outside of Canada due to having yet to renew my passport which I never had the time to do due to my tight study schedule.
Image

User avatar
Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1817
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 11:07 pm
Location: Pennsylvania | USA
Contact:

Re: NTCA Annual Breed Show 2013

Post by Hawthorne » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:59 pm

AZDehlin wrote:I am willing to help, just let me know what you need help with. Trophies & Ribbons, Certificates, Food, Getting Sponsors or Donations, Poster, Anything let me know.


I will be arriving on the 13th and leaving on 16th.
Thanks! We will use the same design for the certificate as this past year. But we can always use help in finding donations. We kind of ran out of time for the raffle baskets this year. I think we need someone with a "big voice" to do the raffling :D Nylabone donated last year, so I'll contact them again. They only donate to groups for breed rescue--so all money had to go to breed rescue.

A poster would be fun! We talked about this at the show this year and all thought it would be fun to put a poster up in sponsor's windows (like Nutsy Mutts & Krazy Kats or Bad Dog Frida or even in coffee shop windows). We can always ask for donations from spectators.

I'm actually thinking we need a box--you know--a box where the dog stands to have it's photo taken at the end of the show. Usually they're painted or draped with a nice cloth and have the breed club logo on the front. I think that'd be cool.
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

User avatar
Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2739
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:48 am
Location: Calgary, AB
Contact:

Re: NTCA Annual Breed Show 2013

Post by Katlin » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:25 pm

Tiantai wrote:I look forward to hearing more. I don't know when Amit's going to host a breed show for the NTCC yet though as I'm still barred from travelling outside of Canada due to having yet to renew my passport which I never had the time to do due to my tight study schedule.
He's not going to be. I don't think Canada will have one until we get a few more dogs up here.

I'm thinking of coming to the NTCA's but I have to see if anyone wants to come with me. It's a 25 hour drive and I'm not sure I want to do that alone. BUT I know of a couple people that might be interested so hopefully I can come...perhaps with a puppy in tow if everything works out this winter :)
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

User avatar
AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3039
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:52 am
Location: Upper Peninsula of Michigan, USA (for now)
Contact:

Re: NTCA Annual Breed Show 2013

Post by AZDehlin » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:35 pm

Hawthorne wrote:
AZDehlin wrote:I am willing to help, just let me know what you need help with. Trophies & Ribbons, Certificates, Food, Getting Sponsors or Donations, Poster, Anything let me know.


I will be arriving on the 13th and leaving on 16th.
Thanks! We will use the same design for the certificate as this past year. But we can always use help in finding donations. We kind of ran out of time for the raffle baskets this year. I think we need someone with a "big voice" to do the raffling :D Nylabone donated last year, so I'll contact them again. They only donate to groups for breed rescue--so all money had to go to breed rescue.

A poster would be fun! We talked about this at the show this year and all thought it would be fun to put a poster up in sponsor's windows (like Nutsy Mutts & Krazy Kats or Bad Dog Frida or even in coffee shop windows). We can always ask for donations from spectators.

I'm actually thinking we need a box--you know--a box where the dog stands to have it's photo taken at the end of the show. Usually they're painted or draped with a nice cloth and have the breed club logo on the front. I think that'd be cool.
I could make a box or maybe able to barrow one from a breeder friend that has one...

Also I could design a poster, I have some designs in mind already :)

User avatar
Gabriele58
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)
Posts: 258
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:31 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: NTCA Annual Breed Show 2013

Post by Gabriele58 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:58 am

I wish there was a "like" button here! I like all of these ideas and can't wait to go to the show again next year.
~Gabriele~

Image

User avatar
Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1817
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 11:07 pm
Location: Pennsylvania | USA
Contact:

Re: NTCA Annual Breed Show 2013

Post by Hawthorne » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:21 pm

Borrowing a box is a good idea. I wasn't sure what I'd do with it afterwards :D
And sure, if you want to design a poster, go for it! However, we'll add some info about seminars / lectures at a later date.
Thanks Katelyn!
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

User avatar
Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2554
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:16 pm
Location: Canada (North York, Ontario)

Re: NTCA Annual Breed Show 2013

Post by Tiantai » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:33 pm

Katlin wrote:
Tiantai wrote:I look forward to hearing more. I don't know when Amit's going to host a breed show for the NTCC yet though as I'm still barred from travelling outside of Canada due to having yet to renew my passport which I never had the time to do due to my tight study schedule.
He's not going to be. I don't think Canada will have one until we get a few more dogs up here.

I'm thinking of coming to the NTCA's but I have to see if anyone wants to come with me. It's a 25 hour drive and I'm not sure I want to do that alone. BUT I know of a couple people that might be interested so hopefully I can come...perhaps with a puppy in tow if everything works out this winter :)
I see, yeah I agree, in my opinion we need at least 10 dogs here before we could have our breed show.

I would love to travel with you and meet you in person for the first time as well though due to living all the way in Ontario it seems nearly impossible. :( Hopefully in the future we'll be able to meet for the NTCA and NTCC shows though ;)
Image

User avatar
Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1817
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 11:07 pm
Location: Pennsylvania | USA
Contact:

Re: NTCA Annual Breed Show 2013

Post by Hawthorne » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:32 pm

Lucas,
We hope to attend one of the Southwestern Ontario Rare Breed Shows next year. They occur at various locations throughout Ontario. I contacted the head of this organization and submitted the info for Tamaskans to be able to compete. When we know the date we plan on attending I will post and hopefully other Tam owners in the area can attend too--if for nothing else just to say hi and get to know one another.
cheers,
Tracy
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

User avatar
HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 4802
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Princeton, TX US
Contact:

Re: NTCA Annual Breed Show 2013

Post by HiTenshi16 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:55 am

So excited for this, my husband said he might be able to join me this time :) (will know for sure he says in a month). That means Rukia will join us as well, so 3 dogs total. Now the challenge is to find a hotel/ motel that will let us stay with 3 dogs, hoping to be in WI for at least 5 days. Any suggestions?
Image

User avatar
Ryphen
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 8:22 pm
Location: New York, USA

Re: NTCA Annual Breed Show 2013

Post by Ryphen » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:42 pm

We stayed at the Sleep Inn on Tradewinds Parkway last year. Not sure if they have a limit as to how many dogs can be in a room though since we only had the one. They seemed very tolerant of dogs, even when Max and Kumho took off from the field outside and ran back into the lobby unattended.

User avatar
Eventide
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)
Posts: 242
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:07 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: NTCA Annual Breed Show 2013

Post by Eventide » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:43 pm

Ryphen wrote:We stayed at the Sleep Inn on Tradewinds Parkway last year. Not sure if they have a limit as to how many dogs can be in a room though since we only had the one. They seemed very tolerant of dogs, even when Max and Kumho took off from the field outside and ran back into the lobby unattended.
:lol: :lol: I remember!! Yes, they were awesome considering how many of us stayed there with our dogs. I know Gaby came with Loki and Bella, although Bella is a much smaller dog.

HiTenshi16: I am planning on staying at the Sleep Inn again this year and it will be only Max and me, so, if they allow two larger dogs to a room, and one of yours gets along with Max, I wouldn't mind keeping one of your dogs in my room overnight.
Image

User avatar
HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 4802
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Princeton, TX US
Contact:

Re: NTCA Annual Breed Show 2013

Post by HiTenshi16 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:34 pm

I will definitely look into them then :) Ulric may be okay with a play mate (I think he was okay around Max last year), though I know he will be a little upset at first, Rukia (our shepherd mix) to way too attatched to my husband, ANC I just pray Zelda does not go into heat during this time if she has not yet by that time. :lol:
Image

User avatar
Eventide
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)
Posts: 242
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:07 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: NTCA Annual Breed Show 2013

Post by Eventide » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:32 pm

Ha! That could be a problem as Max is "intact." Max generally gets along with all animals, cats and dogs alike, so I don't thing there would be a problem. Maybe we can get rooms close to one another so it won't be a problem. I woiuld ask them for first floor exit door (last year got 2nd floor exit and that was fine). So, let me know when you decide to make reservations and we can do it at the same time. :)
Image

User avatar
HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 4802
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Princeton, TX US
Contact:

Re: NTCA Annual Breed Show 2013

Post by HiTenshi16 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:21 am

Will let you know as soon as I get a definite answer from my husband if he will be joining me :D
Image

User avatar
AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3039
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:52 am
Location: Upper Peninsula of Michigan, USA (for now)
Contact:

Re: NTCA Annual Breed Show 2013

Post by AZDehlin » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:35 am

Sleep Inn on Tradewinds Parkway has a limit of two dog per room according to the paperwork I have from staying last year.

User avatar
Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1817
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 11:07 pm
Location: Pennsylvania | USA
Contact:

Re: NTCA Annual Breed Show 2013

Post by Hawthorne » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:47 pm

Eek. I guess that's why show dog people have those big campers. :/
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

User avatar
firleymj
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)
Posts: 352
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:38 pm
Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA
Contact:

Re: NTCA Annual Breed Show 2013

Post by firleymj » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:24 pm

If anyone would like logos, custom banners, yard signs, shirts, etc. I'd be more than willing to help.

DISCLAIMER: I have interest in a small 501C4 (non-profit) which helps civic groups and the like with information tech and advertising.

Here's a recent sample of our work for a civic group focused on environmental cleanup at a local pond:
I won't guarantee lowest prices anywhere, but I will guarantee that we won't charge any uplifts, and I'd be willing to donate time to help.
And I promise to ask permission about copyrights and even copylefts!

Thanks
Mark
FOWL Lawn Signs.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown
The greatest love is a mother's; then a dog's; then a sweetheart's. ~Polish Proverb

The human of Ch.(ARBA) and Ch.(KCUSA) Hawthorne James Watson (call name Kona)

Image
http://www.anthracitetamaskan.com

User avatar
Eventide
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)
Posts: 242
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:07 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: NTCA Annual Breed Show 2013

Post by Eventide » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:32 pm

firleymj wrote:If anyone would like logos, custom banners, yard signs, shirts, etc. I'd be more than willing to help.

DISCLAIMER: I have interest in a small 501C4 (non-profit) which helps civic groups and the like with information tech and advertising.

Here's a recent sample of our work for a civic group focused on environmental cleanup at a local pond:
I won't guarantee lowest prices anywhere, but I will guarantee that we won't charge any uplifts, and I'd be willing to donate time to help.
And I promise to ask permission about copyrights and even copylefts!

Thanks
Mark
FOWL Lawn Signs.jpg

Mark, are you planning on attending the Show this year? Max and I went last year. It is a long ride but I thought it was worth it and we're going again this year. He was not quite 6 months old, so, hopefully this year won't have to make so many stops. ;)
Image

User avatar
firleymj
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)
Posts: 352
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:38 pm
Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA
Contact:

Re: NTCA Annual Breed Show 2013

Post by firleymj » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:47 pm

Dottie

My newest family member will be with me only a few days by then - much as I'd like to go, I think my proper place is being alongside my new friend but 2014, I hope, will be a different story. 8-)

Mark
My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown
The greatest love is a mother's; then a dog's; then a sweetheart's. ~Polish Proverb

The human of Ch.(ARBA) and Ch.(KCUSA) Hawthorne James Watson (call name Kona)

Image
http://www.anthracitetamaskan.com

Caduceus
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:04 am
Location: United States

Re: 2013 US Tamaskan Dog Club Annual Breed Show

Post by Caduceus » Mon May 06, 2013 8:09 pm

Hello! Feel free to move this to another topic if necessary, mods, but I had a question about the show. My family is planning on attending as I have been an enthusiast of Tamaskans for several years, and they are all game for a road trip and dogs. My question is, we have a very small (10 lbs) 4 year old mixed breed who we would like to bring with. Would that be appropriate? He is fixed but I wanted to know if his size would be a problem in any way.

User avatar
Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1817
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 11:07 pm
Location: Pennsylvania | USA
Contact:

Re: 2013 US Tamaskan Dog Club Annual Breed Show

Post by Hawthorne » Tue May 07, 2013 7:42 pm

Hi Caduceus,
Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate other dogs with people who are attending the show and not actually showing a Tamaskan. Our space is limited. We would very much like to meet you and your family but unfortunately having lots of people there with all kinds of dogs won't work. We only have so many dog pens to separate dogs. Also, all dogs entering the show area have to be registered and have proof of vaccinations. (This is a doggie day care facility so they require proof of vaccination.)
Is there a way for you to leave the pup behind with someone, if even only for a short time?
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

Caduceus
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:04 am
Location: United States

Re: 2013 US Tamaskan Dog Club Annual Breed Show

Post by Caduceus » Tue May 07, 2013 10:05 pm

Of course! I've been telling the fam that it would likely be a poor idea to bring him, but I wanted confirmation from you. He will stay with friends at home. Looking forward to the show!

User avatar
Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1817
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 11:07 pm
Location: Pennsylvania | USA
Contact:

Re: 2013 US Tamaskan Dog Club Annual Breed Show

Post by Hawthorne » Wed May 15, 2013 1:31 pm

Great! Looking forward to meeting you. Please be sure to introduce yourself to me, Teresa, Josh, Katelyn and John. :D
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

Post Reply