My three cats

A place to share photos of your other pets: dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, horses, reptiles, etc.
Emily
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

My three cats

Post by Emily » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:56 am

Hi everyone,
Here are my three cats:
Vanilla the 16 year old Ragdoll - I got him when I was 20 and he has stuck with me through some difficult times. Then came the partner and the kids and he welcomed them generously. He has slowed down a lot but still finds the time to patrol the home, show the young cats ropes, sit with the kids and make a point of pooing outside the litter box when standards are slacking. Don't know where we will be without him keeping us in line.
IMG_0296.jpg
Here he is in 2012 sharing his couch with the baby.

In 2017 we adopted a pair of sisters from a rescue centre. The grey kitten (Panthera) lost her mother at 4 days after birth so she was fostered by another cat mom. Panthera became close to her litter mate (Jasmine) and we adopted them together. So while they are not blood related, they did suckle from the same mom.
Kittens and toy.jpg
Me : what do you think about us getting a dog?
Kittens : hmmm....
Jasmine and Panthera.jpg
I also have two Barnevelder chickens (10 years old) but I am still undecided whether they are pets or food... :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: My three cats

Post by Sylvaen » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:22 pm

Aww they're lovely! Thanks for sharing :)
I really like Ragdoll cats (our 5 cats are all just regular street mongrels) and it's nice that you were able to adopt two bonded foster sisters together.
Hmmmm if your chickens are 10 years old, I think they fall into the pet category. ;)
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Emily
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Emily » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:37 pm

How old are your cats? And do they all get along? Regarding the chicken, it all depends whether we have a zombie apocalypse and society collapses; then we will eat them. :p

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:08 am

Our 2 oldest cats (siblings: Leo & Libra) are 15 years old. The next oldest, Pi, is 13 years old followed by Sola who is 7.5 years old. Our youngest, Sylvester, is 6 months old. :)
The oldies all get along great together... Sylvester is a bit of a nuisance as he pesters them a lot. ;)
Emily wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:37 pm
Regarding the chicken, it all depends whether we have a zombie apocalypse and society collapses; then we will eat them. :p
Fair enough! LOL :P
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Emily
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Emily » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:41 am

The oldies all get along great together... Sylvester is a bit of a nuisance as he pesters them a lot. ;)
Haha that is cute, I can just imagine!