Service dog?

Everything about Tamaskan Dogs that does not fit within the other topics in this section.
Court511
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Service dog?

Post by Court511 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:31 pm

Hey everyone!
I have a question for all the tdr breeders? Out of curiosity, how many of you have sold puppies that have gone on to be service dogs?

For the past year and a half, I have been doing research on different breeds that would be suitable for the job and my situation. I was looking into breeds that were large in size, as there job would mobility/balance/retrieval of items, etc. That's when I happened to come across the Tamaskan breed and I instantly fell in love! In my opinion, based on the research I have done, this breed would most definitely excel at the job. Due to the fact I enjoy training dogs, I would like to train the pup I'd be matched with in the future to be my service dog. (: Now I know there may be times I will come across struggles with training, but not to fear, there happens to be a service dog training program in the city I live in at Canine Connection LLC.

Anyways, that's the basics, but if anyone has any questions for me I'd be happy to answer. (: Aside from that, I am looking forward to everyone's feedback!

-Courtney

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Service dog?

Post by Katlin » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:49 am

Sylvaen (Debby in Croatia) has had one service dog puppy named Caedmon. He's from the ninja littler.
Hawthorne (Tracy in PA USA) has had one service dog puppy named Curie who I believe has since passed. She was from the Pi litter.
I believe there is one in the EU that's still a puppy service dog in training from one of the recent EU breeders, but I'm not sure who.

Some of them would excel as a service dog, but others would not, IMHO.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

Court511
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Court511 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:41 am

Thank you for the response! I will have to reach out to them to try to get some more information (:

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:34 am

Hi Courtney,
Welcome to the forum! :D

As Katlin already said, one of our pups (Caedmon) is a PTSD Service Dog: www.facebook.com/Caedmontheservicedog
His sister, Saga, is in training to be a Search & Rescue (SAR) Dog and another of his siblings is also a therapy / emotional comfort dog.

A couple of pups from our upcoming litters will also be going to homes where they will be trained as potential service dogs, pending temperament evaluations. :)
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.