Tams and Titles

All topics pertaining to agility, obedience, sled racing, search & rescue, therapy training, etc.
Castiel
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Tams and Titles

Post by Castiel » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:18 pm

Hello!
I'm interested in not just how many people compete with their Tams, but also how many are titled? I know some titles (expressly in the US) are hard to get for dogs that aren't AKC registered, so I'd say if your dog could pass the test for it, it counts.
I'm interested in all titles, all dogs, any sport, any country, etc.
Thank you!
~ Castiel (Cas)
Service Dog handler and future Tamaskan owner.
My Service Dog has his own Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/death.pup.service.work/!

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Tams and Titles

Post by Sylvaen » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:16 pm

Hmmm there are quite a few Tams in the USA with showing titles now (via ARBA, ICE, IABCA, etc)...
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Jadzia1313
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Jadzia1313 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:48 pm

Hello,

I competed in shows with my Tamaskan. I wanted to get feedback from several judhes on her structure. Since we can't show in AKC shows and ARBA doesn't have shows in Texas, I worked with others to get our breed accepted to show with ICE Dog Shows, IABCA, and ICKC. We showed at all three the first year and left with championship titles.

She took several levels of scent work and did amszing. I wish we could compete. We can't compete in local AKC rally, agility, or nose work competitions until she is spayed and enters as a canine partner status.

Castiel
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Castiel » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:46 pm

Jadzia1313 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:48 pm
We can't compete in local AKC rally, agility, or nose work competitions until she is spayed and enters as a canine partner status.
I've seen some people compete in Team online titles! It's an online 'competition' founded by Fenzi. There are no breed requirements and it's done via video so there's no traveling. From what I can tell it's similar to Rally however I am very new to looking at Rally with my boy so I may be wrong.
Service Dog handler and future Tamaskan owner.
My Service Dog has his own Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/death.pup.service.work/!

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:54 pm

I compete in two kinds of rally and one kind of formal obedience. We have ckc rally intermediate, CARO rally novice (hoping for advanced title in a week or so) and cwags formal (no titles yet). Ckc has a ccn number which is canine companion for unrecognized breeds. Wylie has to be neutered to be a part of this group. Competing with a tam in obedience is very difficult. Pm me for more info.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:54 pm

I compete in two kinds of rally and one kind of formal obedience. We have ckc rally intermediate, CARO rally novice (hoping for advanced title in a week or so) and cwags formal (no titles yet). Ckc has a ccn number which is canine companion for unrecognized breeds. Wylie has to be neutered to be a part of this group. Competing with a tam in obedience is very difficult. Pm me for more info.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose