Tarheel Pack Intentionally Poisoned.

Everything about Tamaskan Dogs that does not fit within the other topics in this section.
Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Tarheel Pack Intentionally Poisoned.

Post by Tarheel » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:48 pm

Sorry to bring such bad news to everyone, but the story needs to be told. :(

Somebody or a couple people came into our backyard, probably after dark and while the dogs were inside, and placed a large bowl of fish laced with Antifreeze in an intentional act to kill the Tarheel dogs. All dogs are in Intensive care and miraclasly made it through the night with signs of improvement.

Kana was by far the most affected, Kana is from the Taheel Litter 2009 - she is Tuffy's sister.

Next is Blaze and appears to be doing well, Blaze is from an Alba litter - he is Tuffy's father.

Jaeger is doing well and Jaeger comes from the Muensterland Litter. He will be two this summer.

Last but not least Sequoia (Blustag Yodel) Sequoia is just a puppy, not even 6 months old yet. Sequoia comes from Lynn at Blustag.

The vet seemed very positive with all of the dogs progress, but they are far from being out of trouble. Antifreeze is a very nasty poison and can have long term affects on surviving dogs.
I will keep every updated on the forum as we get news, we will pass it on.
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

Gaby
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Tarheel Pack Intentionally Poisoned.

Post by Gaby » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:08 pm

Oh my god, that's horrible!!! Who has done it??? :shock:
I hope they all will be fine very soon, this must be a great shock for you guys. Hope you keep us updated! What kind of long term effect could be expected by the damage caused by antifreeze?

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:41 pm

I really hope all the dogs will be fine! The sick bastard that has done this should be punished in the same way it tried to murder these dogs :evil:

@Gaby: Antifreeze damages the kidneys :(

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:41 pm

My thoughts are still full of you and Tina and your dogs, cant think of anything else right now. Hoping and praying that they will all be home soon with you. x

Gaby
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Gaby » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:52 pm

Rahne wrote:I really hope all the dogs will be fine! The sick bastard that has done this should be punished in the same way it tried to murder these dogs :evil:

@Gaby: Antifreeze damages the kidneys :(
That's terrible. How can somebody do that!! :evil: Good luck, I'll hope everything will be okay!

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:59 pm

I've been praying and thinking about the Tarheel pack since I heard this aweful news, I really hope they make it okay and that the scum is caught :(

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:41 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your dogs. I really hope that there is no long term damage to any of the dogs. I also hope that they catch whoever did this so that they do not do it again.

Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Hawthorne » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:32 pm

Our thoughts are with your family and your dogs. I'm going to think positive and say that Freyja can't wait to see her sister, father, and two new friends in June.
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

wen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by wen » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:12 pm

What sicks bastards !
I hope the dogs will be alright.
It's fortunate that you discover it, understand soon that there was a problem and react quickly...
Do you have any suspicion of the criminals and why they may have done it (where you threathened ?)
"Mieux vivre avec votre chien"
Aide à l'éducation canine et réflexion sur les chiens dits "dangereux"

Wave2Tuffy
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Wave2Tuffy » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:45 pm

Thank goodness for your quick response! I am praying for a quick & speedy recovery for the Tarheel pack. Breaks my heart those poor innocent pups were injured by some heartless creep.

I had my yard double fenced this past winter out of fear someone would try to harm Wave (Tuffy). I have a fenced in area, closest to my home, within my entire fenced in backyard. The outer area is only accessed by my dogs with supervision. I consider myself somewhat paranoid BUT after this happening to Tarheel? OMG, anything is possible.

wicca1
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by wicca1 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:18 pm

cant believe someone would do such a sick thing,hope all the babies will be ok,also eveyone at Tarheel and i am thinking of you all and keeping everything crossed. do you have any idea who did this and why?, hope they get the full weight of the law when they get caught. :cry: :cry: .

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:56 am

wicca1 wrote:do you have any idea who did this and why?, hope they get the full weight of the law when they get caught. :cry: :cry: .
We have a VERY good idea of who MIGHT be responsible... but, at this point, it's pure speculation. However, considering that the suspect has family that lives nearby (and it took place over Easter weekend) combined with the upcoming annual USA Tamaskan meeting, it just seems too coincidental... especially as that person HAS made such threats in the past and is (in my opinion) capable of doing something like this to send a "warning message" - pure evil. The police will investigate though and I hope that the person responsible is caught and held accountable.

In the meantime, I am wishing all the best to the Tarheel pack and hope that they make a full & speedy recovery. Poor pups. :(
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Lyss
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Lyss » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:29 am

The "person" who did this is one of the most depraved and disgusting kind of human beings out there. IMO it's attempted murder. I hope he gets what's coming to him.

We wish the Tarheel pack all the best, and pray for a fast recovery to all!

Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tarheel » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:24 am

Thank you for all the well wishes. Tina and I just got back from visiting the dogs at the animal hospital, and we were pleasantly surprized at their progress.
The Vet techs, first brought us Sequoia and Jaeger, Sequoia appeared to be in very good health and with no side effects. Jaeger was happy to see us as well and did his little wimper as he gave us kisses. Jaeger seems a bit depressed but I don't think he cares for his "e" collar. Next, they brought in Kana, We were shocked at how well she has responded and how she jumped up to greet us. She is doing surprizingly well compared to her near death experiance the day before. Blaze had to be sedated because he is too smart for his own good. He has escaped his "E" collar, removed his catheter, and attempts to escape his kennel. He has been getting very boasterous as he wants to reunite his pack. In order to keep him in place and treat him, they keep him mildly sedated otherwise he may break out and free his pack. This just tells me he is doing somewhat good and wants to come home.
We expect to hear some good news in the morning and hopefully take at least one home with us soon.
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:50 am

I'm happy to hear they are doing well so far but until they are back home I will keep praying for you all.

Tropicalbreeze
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Tropicalbreeze » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:30 am

Blessings and wishes for a speedy recovery for all - and justice to be done.

Aloha from our pack to your's.

Dallas
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Dallas » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:40 am

Thank god they are doing well so far! hope you'll be able to take them home soon and that there will be no after effects.
We have a VERY good idea of who MIGHT be responsible... but, at this point, it's pure speculation. However, considering that the suspect has family that lives nearby (and it took place over Easter weekend) combined with the upcoming annual USA Tamaskan meeting, it just seems too coincidental... especially as that person HAS made such threats in the past and is (in my opinion) capable of doing something like this to send a "warning message" - pure evil.
I'm not accusing anyone but I wouldn't be surprised if that person you are talking about is someone we all know by now. Certainly seems capable of doing it.
Anyway whoever it is I hope they'll be caught soon.
Men who consistently leave the toilet seat up secretly want women to get up to go the bathroom in the middle of the night and fall in

wen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by wen » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:34 am

-
"Mieux vivre avec votre chien"
Aide à l'éducation canine et réflexion sur les chiens dits "dangereux"

Jen
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Jen » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:09 am

I am sooo happy they are all doing so well , what a relief :) I just hope the cruel person that for some reason felt the need to do such a evil thing is bought to justice. Love to all your lovely doggies xx

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:06 am

Great news that they are recovering slowly and YES I think it very obvious just who did this, and like Debby says too many coincidences, and also previous threats. Just hope the Bastard gets whats coming to him. The Tarheel dogs were the 'only' dogs attacked in the neighbourhood and they have no enemies in that area or anywhere else for that matter.....except one!!!
Remember what I said in my Security post about IF you are well known, doing well or are competition!! Keep your dogs SAFE... watch out for Wave too!!!

Misaya
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Misaya » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:27 am

I am so happy to hear that the Tarheel pack are making good progress. I hope they will be home soon with no ill effects.

I must admit when I heard what had happened my immediate thoughts were that it must have been the psycho in question. It had to have been one sick twisted individual and I hope they get what is coming to them.
Blustag wrote: Keep your dogs SAFE... watch out for Wave too!!!
I totally agree with this. I wouldnt let anyone give him anything to eat when you are out and about Lisa. But you may already have got this covered :)
- Fiona -

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:30 am

Absolutely Fiona as it is sooooo easy to poison a dog right infront of you but I was more thinking about when he was at home but you are right there and thanks for posting that as this is also a common thing to happen with show dogs on benches at the shows etc as well as pouring substances onto their coats... what a lot of sickos we have in this world. At a football match he would be a definate target for any sicko.

Taz
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Taz » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:18 pm

Glad to read they're doing well, hopefully you'll have them all home again soon. I also had my suspicions as to who was responsible, hope he gets what he deserves.

I know you'll now be re-evaluating your security perhaps in edition to that, when you get your dogs home, you could start training them/reinforcing a food refusal. Both in terms of refusing food offered by people and off the floor/out of bowls, unless given permission by you to take it.

Food refusal isn't fool proof however, its better than nothing and will do them no harm to try and learn it.
"Don't underestimate me.
I know more than I say.
Think more than I speak.
And notice more than you realize".
"you are free to choose
But you are not free
From the consequence of
Your choice "

Gaby
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Gaby » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:13 pm

Good to hear they are doing well, I hope you can get them home very, very soon! Hope you can get enough evidence to get this sick bastard! :evil:

Wave2Tuffy
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Wave2Tuffy » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:51 pm

I will be doing some modifying around here for Waves safety. I dont want to disclose too much on here because you never know whos reading BUT the food issue with Wave is under control. Some of his bad habits actually will keep him safer. I say bad habits but NOW they are welcomed habits.

I am happy to see the news story has exploded online. That too will help keep Wave safe, sadly, its too late to help prevent the Tarheel pack from being poisoned.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:14 pm

Already there are people posting about offering donations, etc to offset the medical costs for their treatment... I was thinking, perhaps it would be more effective to have a fund-raiser for a reward for information leading to the arrest of the person responsible... if no one is caught within a certain period (say 6 months or so) then the money could go towards paying off the medical treatment. IF the person IS caught, then it is relatively easy to make them pay for the treatment (legally) and that would also mean that the sicko is arrested, which will stop him from doing it again. I would love to see that person locked up behind bars.

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:24 pm

Sylvaen wrote:Already there are people posting about offering donations, etc to offset the medical costs for their treatment... I was thinking, perhaps it would be more effective to have a fund-raiser for a reward for information leading to the arrest of the person responsible... if no one is caught within a certain period (say 6 months or so) then the money could go towards paying off the medical treatment. IF the person IS caught, then it is relatively easy to make them pay for the treatment (legally) and that would also mean that the sicko is arrested, which will stop him from doing it again. I would love to see that person locked up behind bars.
That is a really good idea, anything to catch this moron.

martinbernstein
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by martinbernstein » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:47 pm

Wow, this is crazy. So sorry to hear you have to deal with this John. I'm so relieved to hear they are all recovering well. This is yet another confirmation for me that getting pet insurance for Frøya was the right decision.

Mamallamak
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Mamallamak » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:57 pm

Hi! I've been so busy lately I hadn't been on in a while. My husband just emailed me the news story! HOW AWEFUL!!! I cannot believe someone would do that. Seems I remember it happening around this area to a couple dogs about a year ago or so. It killed them. I can't remember if they ever caught who did it. It takes a sick person(s) to hurt any animal like that. There is a special place for them....... I am so glad they are doing better and very glad that none of them ate enough to do more harm. I hope they catch who did it!
Sad you can't feel your animals are safe in your own back yard. Sounds like you may want to invest in a good surveillance system that can record to a hard drive or something. Hide the cameras good so they can't find them. catch them red handed if they ever try to come around again!
Just SICK!!!

wolfwannabe
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by wolfwannabe » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:59 pm

I've just caught up with this and am so glad the the Tarheel pack is doing well, I hope they soon make a full recovery and suffer no lasting side effects.

As for the horrible person who did this... Well... I think anyone who could intentionally cause such cruelty and harm to any animal is definitly disturbed in the head, they are sick and I hope they can be brought to justice, to be honest words fail me... Well... words I could put on a public forum anyway.

I hope this dreadful horrible person suffers for what they have done, if that person is reading this, then I emplore you to get some help, you need it, you are not right in the head you are sick.

To the Tarheel Pack I'm sending you all healing thoughts, you are all beautiful.
Mel.

Zeus 10.02.2007 - 24.07.2012 Rest in peace my boy, you'll always be missed.

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:04 pm

martinbernstein wrote:This is yet another confirmation for me that getting pet insurance for Frøya was the right decision.
Yes it's always a good idea to have insurance, good for you :)

I don't know what to think here, I think he-who-must-not-be-named is probably capable of something like this but would he have the balls to try? That I'm not sure about. But all these coincidences, as Debby said, are too close together to ignore. I really hope the person who did this (weather it is voldemort or not) is locked up. Crimes against animals are just unreal.

To the bannows: I truly hope your pack makes a full recovery. Antifreeze is nasty because it tastes good to animals :( Do you know how much your vet bills are going to be? I agree with the statement that a LOT pf people would donate if you had a button or something on your website :) myself included.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

Wave2Tuffy
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Wave2Tuffy » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:25 pm

Sylvaen wrote:Already there are people posting about offering donations, etc to offset the medical costs for their treatment... I was thinking, perhaps it would be more effective to have a fund-raiser for a reward for information leading to the arrest of the person responsible... if no one is caught within a certain period (say 6 months or so) then the money could go towards paying off the medical treatment. IF the person IS caught, then it is relatively easy to make them pay for the treatment (legally) and that would also mean that the sicko is arrested, which will stop him from doing it again. I would love to see that person locked up behind bars.
I think this a wonderful idea!

kendrrat
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by kendrrat » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:18 pm

i agree with boreal, i always knew that "HE" was a lot of talk and empty threats but he never really acted on them... but then lately "HE" has been pretty actively harassing a certain ex-employee, so maybe he's just snapped and completely lost all moral standard? maybe this is a new side of the monster we're seeing where he's actually willing to go that far adn act on his cowardly threats? sounds like someone is getting super desperate. but again, its all speculation right?
i definitely agree that Wave would be the next most likely target, and im glad to hear you've already got your eye on security for him!

Dallas
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Dallas » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:08 pm

Whether its him or not anyone capable of this kind of cruelty poses a serious risk and not just to animals
Already there are people posting about offering donations, etc to offset the medical costs for their treatment... I was thinking, perhaps it would be more effective to have a fund-raiser for a reward for information leading to the arrest of the person responsible... if no one is caught within a certain period (say 6 months or so) then the money could go towards paying off the medical treatment. IF the person IS caught, then it is relatively easy to make them pay for the treatment (legally) and that would also mean that the sicko is arrested, which will stop him from doing it again. I would love to see that person locked up behind bars.
Like the others said this is a great idea and I'm sure there are a lot of people who'd love to help, myself included.
Men who consistently leave the toilet seat up secretly want women to get up to go the bathroom in the middle of the night and fall in

wicca1
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by wicca1 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:08 pm

soooo glad the Tarheel pack is doing better, still keeping everything crossed for more good news, the reward/ donation thing is a great idea :D .

blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by blufawn » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:11 pm

Do you think his daughter would turn him in for a cash reward?? :)
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Hawthorne » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:33 pm

Would Pet Insurance cover something like this? We have policies for all three of our dogs... which is expensive. But after Fenris had Parvo Virus despite a perfect vaccination schedule we were completely shocked. $2k saved his life. If the bills were much higher how could you choose between saving your dog and having a huge bill or putting him to sleep and saving money? I can't make that kind of decision so I buy insurance. And for me, it's not a decision. I figure it'll pay off at some point during their lives for one of them.

And yes, what a huge relief that the dogs are okay. I really can't wait until June 4th!!!
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:35 pm

If the cash reward is big enough there is always someone who will tell, its hard to keep actions like that secret so someone will know who did it.

If no one is caught then the money could either stay in a fund incase (hope never) needed again, or donated to the Tamaskan rescue, or vet bills for the dogs.

I would donate if a fund is set up. A collection could be done at the show. The cowered who did this needs to be caught before he does anything like this again, if they can do this to dogs where will it stop.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:45 pm

blufawn wrote:Do you think his daughter would turn him in for a cash reward?? :)
not if she was the one sent to do the dirty deed... or one of her friends... of one of his friends. However, if it was arranged, then there is always someone who will squeal under pressure. It's also possible that someone in the neighborhood saw someone acting suspiciously, or asking directions, and perhaps wrote down a license plate number... or a CCTV camera was pointed in that direction... if it's a gated community, what about the suburb security? is a code needed to get in? are there cameras on the gates? make a list of every car that came in and out during that period... no crime is foolproof. someone, somewhere knows something...

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:51 pm

I have pet insurance on our dogs, I would not have a dog without it now. Our terrier got hold of loads of dark chocolate a few years ago, so that was an overnight stay in the emergency vets, that was over £1000, thankfully she was insured. It also meant that we could get Saga after Thor died, not the part of the insurance you want to claim on, but at least you can if the worst happens.

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:17 pm

To everyone who hasn't seen. http://www.reflector.com/crimerescue/ow ... ned-456513 Great report!
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

Misaya
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Misaya » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:44 pm

- Fiona -

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce

Wave2Tuffy
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Wave2Tuffy » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:07 am

Nice video clip of the Tarheel pack. What a relief to see them alive & well!!!!!!!!

Lyss
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Lyss » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:04 am

I'm relieved to hear the Tarheel pack is recovering!! :)

Hopefully the recent media coverage will keep the pressure on and someone out there will crack. Until then, I love Debby's idea. And if a fund is set up, you can count me in!

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:51 am

I'm so happy they are doing well! Enjoyed watching the news coverage videos, made me a bit emotional though :D

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:36 am

I had a neighbor feed my cat antifreeze as a kid, he was in the vet hospital for two weeks and appeared to be getting better but then took a sudden turn for the worse and went into kidney failure and I had to put him down :cry: I am glad to hear the Tarheel is on the path to recovery :)

Megaen
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Megaen » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:35 pm

So glad the Tarheel pack is doing better my thoughts have been with you since I saw the post on facebook Sunday. When I first heard about it I too thought it was that one "person" we all know about I agree think he finally completely snapped. As for his daughter turning him in I have a feeling she may have even helped and with all the stuff her father does well she hasn't turned any of that in.

My thoughts are with you guys, I had a cat poisoned by antifreeze a couple years ago on the Fourth of July (must be something about holiday poisonings) with the dosage she got we had to put her down as she was to far gone. This was done by a neighbor of ours that had also I believe poisoned our cat Freya with rat poison a few months before we were lucky with Freya she made it. Our neighborhood is very dog oriented I dont know what they have against cats I mean omg it's hunting the moles in your freaking yards the horror....Still have no idea what neighbor it was or if they're even around anymore as so many people have moved in and off our block these past few years. I do know the utter rage that comes along with an animal being poisoned and wanting the bastard dead whoever it is. I really wish they'd make stuff like antifreeze taste bad or something so our pets wont want to eat it.

I hope the police stay on this and find the "person" that did this though they do deserve alot more then what punishment they're going to get. I say let them get a taste of antifreeze and not give them the treatment...

**hugs to the Tarheel Pack**

kinjapan
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by kinjapan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:13 pm

Just read this on the NCSU message board. Simply awful. You said the fish were in a bowl? Hopefully the police can lift prints from it!

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:28 pm

kinjapan wrote:You said the fish were in a bowl? Hopefully the police can lift prints from it!
While everyone was sleeping in the house that night (including the dogs) the perp went into their backyard, behind their shed, which happened to be unlocked, and took a shovel out of the shed, dug a hole, and placed a large bowl in the hole, which contained pieces of fish laced with antifreeze, and then covered the bowl / hole with grass and leaves. When the dogs were let out into the backyard in the morning, they found the bowl and ate the poisoned fish. The shed (and the area behind the shed / next to the fence) can't be seen from the house. To me it is very clear that this is not the work of a disgruntled neighbor throwing poisoned meat over the fence, or even a sadist looking to cause random harm to family pets; it was VERY well-planned, meticulous and intentional... the bowl belonged to the perp and had been covered with saran wrap, which was left at the scene. The bowl / saran wrap / shovel / etc have been taken by detectives to the crime lab for DNA collection and fingerprinting, etc. With any luck the culprit will be caught... one can't attempt to kill such rare and valuable dogs and hope to get away with it! Medical treatment is very expensive, already around $5000.... but once they catch the person responsible, he WILL pay in the end.... and much more...

kendrrat
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by kendrrat » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:57 pm

i really hope they can get any sort of evidence from the items sent out. im curious, do you think the person knew there would be a handy & hidden shed with an easy-to-get-to shovel? or do you think that this random unknown person was just an opportunist and found themselves lucky?
either way, this crime is inexcusable. i mean what would the punishment be if someone planned and executed a failed murder attempt on people? and these are innocent animals! it takes a special kind of person to hurt/KILL the innocent. possibly a person that has proven already that they have no concern for the health/safety of such animals. again, speculation... :roll: