Tarheel Pack Intentionally Poisoned.

Everything about Tamaskan Dogs that does not fit within the other topics in this section.
Ciaobella
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Re: Tarheel Pack Intentionally Poisoned.

Post by Ciaobella » Sun May 06, 2012 2:59 am

I believe I saw Debbie post a link for donations and I came straight to the forum confused as to why. Can't believe this has happened again!!! I have no doubt it's the same person/people and I definitely hope they are caught and prosecuted this time around.

My fingers and crossed and my prayers go out to the Tarheel pack. They have shown they were fighters once and positive they will pull through again. I hope I can donate soon!
Katurah

wolfwannabe
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by wolfwannabe » Sun May 06, 2012 4:38 am

NOOOOO NOT AGAIN....

I'm so shocked I can't find the words to express my feelings. I'm sending healing thoughts and best wishes to the Tarheel pack.

As for the.... evil sick person who did this... death would be to good for him.
Mel.

Zeus 10.02.2007 - 24.07.2012 Rest in peace my boy, you'll always be missed.

Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tarheel » Sun May 06, 2012 1:24 pm

Just off the phone with the vet again: Sequoia is likely to go home today, her tests are negative. Kana and Jaeger need another test but are good so far. Blaze has been vomitting/ bad kidney values but they don't want to give me any definate... answers on him yet. the baby, Nusia, has not urinated at all...this is new info to us. I'm very sad...and this does not look good. For those asking about dialysis: it is peritoneal dialysis for animals and only done in two areas of the country period...NY and Fla. No other vets feel comfortable or trained enough for this on an animal since it's so highly specialized...so no other options there.
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Sun May 06, 2012 1:38 pm

That's terrible to hear, I hope Blaze and Nusia can pull through!
I'm happy to hear that Sequoia can be released soon, though!

Since it's obvious now that the culprit's a persistend offender, maybe it would be a good idea to train the dogs to -not- eat from new things that appear in the backyard (thought I guess fish is maybe too tempting for dogs to not pick it up), may it be a bowl with delicious stuff inside or a steak or anything.

PawPrint
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by PawPrint » Sun May 06, 2012 1:42 pm

At least there is good news for Sequoia, Kana and Jaeger. My thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

Gabriele58
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Gabriele58 » Sun May 06, 2012 1:58 pm

I can't help the tears when I think of Nusia and Blaze. How anyone could be so cruel is just beyond my comprehension. I'm glad that Sequoia, Jaeger and Kana are doing ok, but it breaks my heart that two of your beautiful pack are still suffering :( .

I donated yesterday and have posted the link on Facebook, as well as putting an ad on Kijiji (online classifieds). I'm not active on Twitter, but do have an account, so I'll post the link there as well.

I'm so sorry that you have to go through this yet again. My thoughts and prayers remain with you.
~Gabriele~

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Sun May 06, 2012 2:07 pm

Every time I see an update, my heart feels heavy fearing bad news :( I am constantly thinking about them, praying and hoping.

Ciaobella
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Ciaobella » Sun May 06, 2012 9:12 pm

I posted the Chipin link on another forum I am apart of, I'll probably post on two more and share on Facebook as well.

Any status on the dogs?
Katurah

Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tarheel » Mon May 07, 2012 12:14 am

I just got home with Jaeger, Kana, and Sequoia. We are so happy they got to come home. The Antifreeze is cleared out of their system with no ill side effects.
Unfortunately, Blaze and Nusia are still being treated. I had the chance to interact with both of them while at the vet today and Blaze is a trooper. He would never let you know he is sick and was overly excited to see me and lick the heck out of my face. Nusia was as sweet and cuddly as could be. Blaze will be getting a Central line put in to give him more fluids. Nusia's is still getting fluids as well to flush her kindeys.

Thas is all I have for now. Keep praying for Blaze and Nusia.
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

TParham86
Tamational (Expert)
Tamational (Expert)

Post by TParham86 » Mon May 07, 2012 12:35 am

I'm glad Jaeger, Kana, and Sequoia are back home and I'll keep praying for Blaze and Nusia!

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Mon May 07, 2012 12:52 am

Keep it up Blaze, I will continue to pray for the remaining two

Canadia
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Canadia » Mon May 07, 2012 2:27 am

Sending hopeful thoughts to you and yours x

Ciaobella
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Ciaobella » Mon May 07, 2012 3:15 am

I'm glad those three are okay, I'll defintely keep praying for the other two to have a swift recovery and hopefully the person who did this is caught and punished this time around.
Katurah

blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by blufawn » Mon May 07, 2012 10:34 am

So sorry to hear about this, I know im late in posting you'll have to excuse me but ive not been online with my PC, only my mobile (cell phone) Im glad to hear some of your dogs are home now and ok, my heart goes out to you and prayers for the two remaining at the vets. xxxx
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Mon May 07, 2012 4:33 pm

Even when the two recovers, I still cannot let go of my anger as much as I want to until that FREAK is locked up behind bars! :evil:

nivenj
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by nivenj » Mon May 07, 2012 4:44 pm

Donations are coming in and we are at $2,803, thanks to all that have contributed to this no matter how small. The http://www.tamaskan-aid.com website has had 600+ visitors in 2 days. With 62 donations so far that is around 10% of people visiting the site donating to the fund. Its an amazing feat and a real testament to the community. Please spread the word and website link to all that you can, email friends, post on websites that are reporting the poisoning, and ask friends and family to do the same. We just need the link to be picked up by the right person/group/website which will help the cause to become viral and then we should reach the target required to help John and family meet these incredibly high vets fee's. Ive got the website on a very powerful server so it will be able to handle 10's of thousands of hits a day which i'm not expecting, but it will cope if it does.

Again, thanks to all of you for all your help so far and ongoing support.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” --Aristotle *

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Mon May 07, 2012 4:55 pm

Keep those numbers going up. ;)

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Mon May 07, 2012 4:57 pm

WOW. That IS amazing... How much do we need to raise? From the numbers I've seen so far, I'm thinking close to 50k (that's factoring in 20k per dog for dialysis - hopefully they will pull through and not need it) to cover all vet costs thus far...?

Do we have a facebook page dedicated to this incident that we could post around? I think that will help people spread the news better than sharing a link on their FB page.

If we do have a FB page for this, please link me and I'll share it on my wall. Thanks!

issylupus
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by issylupus » Mon May 07, 2012 5:58 pm

I'v also put a link( http://www.tamaskan-aid.com ) on all my top ranked Youtube video's. every little helps.....

nivenj
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by nivenj » Mon May 07, 2012 6:39 pm

issylupus wrote:I'v also put a link( http://www.tamaskan-aid.com ) on all my top ranked Youtube video's. every little helps.....
It certainaly does Issy, great idea, thanks
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” --Aristotle *

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Tue May 08, 2012 12:25 am

$2958 as of right now in just a short time. That's amazing! Blaze and Nusia, I pray for the two innocent souls to hang in there just a little longer and pretty soon the treatment will begin. Though I'm still hoping that the vet can help flush those nasty things out of the kidney so that they can heal quickly and don't have to go through that expensive treatment. Keep sharing the link everyone!

Ryphen
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Ryphen » Tue May 08, 2012 1:36 am

We sent an e-mail today to a syndicated morning radio show we listen to in hopes that they publicize the story and get the word out. We'll see what happens.

Saxon
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Saxon » Tue May 08, 2012 7:11 am

I am so angry that this has happened again, that is why I havent replied quickly, I might have said something I shouldnt have, these sick b******s have got to be stopped, I pray for these poor dogs.

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Tue May 08, 2012 4:16 pm

I saw John's post on FB last night, very worried about Blaze and Nusia as their condition has remained unchanged :(

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Tue May 08, 2012 8:37 pm

Update: Got have over $3000 so far. Keep praying and sharing the link to the emergency chipin website everyone! You're all doing a good job sharing and donating but time is tight and I hope the dogs can hold on a little longer :(

BrettThomas
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by BrettThomas » Wed May 09, 2012 3:21 am

Tarheel wrote:Sorry to bring such bad news to everyone, but the story needs to be told. :(

Somebody or a couple people came into our backyard, probably after dark and while the dogs were inside, and placed a large bowl of fish laced with Antifreeze in an intentional act to kill the Tarheel dogs. All dogs are in Intensive care and miraclasly made it through the night with signs of improvement.

Kana was by far the most affected, Kana is from the Taheel Litter 2009 - she is Tuffy's sister.

Next is Blaze and appears to be doing well, Blaze is from an Alba litter - he is Tuffy's father.

Jaeger is doing well and Jaeger comes from the Muensterland Litter. He will be two this summer.

Last but not least Sequoia (Blustag Yodel) Sequoia is just a puppy, not even 6 months old yet. Sequoia comes from Lynn at Blustag.

The vet seemed very positive with all of the dogs progress, but they are far from being out of trouble. Antifreeze is a very nasty poison and can have long term affects on surviving dogs.
I will keep every updated on the forum as we get news, we will pass it on.
I am so upset to hear about this. Some people are just scum for hurting animals. I had a problem with a neighbor who threw rocks at my dog when it was in the backyard barking. Some people are just sick.

P.S. Kana is gorgeous, she is so "wolfy" looking. I want a Tam with his/her exact look and gorgeous eyes.

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Wed May 09, 2012 4:19 am

Happy to hear Kana, Jaeger, and Sequoia are home and well, but Extremely upset that Blaze and Nusia are in renal failure. Hope everyone is hoping and praying that by some miracle they may show improvement by tomorrow. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Dozer
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Dozer » Wed May 09, 2012 5:45 am

Do not even want to imagine how you must feel :cry:
Hope that the other two will get better

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Wed May 09, 2012 9:41 am

I'm so sorry for everything you are going thru... I can't imagine how upset and angry you are right now. Hoping an over night miracle happens For you guys and that the attempted murdering worm gets what is coming to him (or her). Fingers and paws crossed tight!

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Wed May 09, 2012 10:08 am

I've shared the link all over facebook and emailed everyone I can think of - we need to contact US news / media agencies ASAP (TV & Radio)... IF enough people visit the website and even if they only donate $1, it will cover the costs of medical treatment. Top priority is getting the word out far and wide before it's too late! If you have any influential friends or network connections, now is the time to contact them...
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

issylupus
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by issylupus » Wed May 09, 2012 10:13 am

I continue to pray for the Bannow family and all their dog's. We are all there with you in spirit.

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Wed May 09, 2012 12:00 pm

Still find this so hard to come to terms with am completely gutted. Glad some of the dogs are home but so worried about the other two. Im particularly worried about Blaze as he was here with me in UK before being exported to John and he was such a babe. Just hoping for a miracle now.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Wed May 09, 2012 12:51 pm

Hi All,
Unfortunately I have bad news. Blaze and Nusia are declining with no hope for recovery. This is a very difficult decision for Tina and me, but a decision that has to be made to prevent any further suffering. We will be putting Blaze and Nusia to sleep later today.

Thank you all for your support, prayers, and sympathy.

John and Tina Bannow
Totally gutted. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
can't stop crying :(
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Wed May 09, 2012 1:00 pm

Hi All,
Unfortunately I have bad news. Blaze and Nusia are declining with no hope for recovery. This is a very difficult decision for Tina and me, but a decision that has to be made to prevent any further suffering. We will be putting Blaze and Nusia to sleep later today.

Thank you all for your support, prayers, and sympathy.

John and Tina Bannow
Can't imagine what they are going trough right now, so sad :cry:

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Wed May 09, 2012 1:25 pm

So very sorry to hear this news, I wish I could find the words to support and comfort you at this time, but nothing looks right written down :cry:

RIP Blaze and Nusia and watch over your pack.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Wed May 09, 2012 1:28 pm

JulieSmith wrote:So very sorry to hear this news, I wish I could find the words to support and comfort you at this time, but nothing looks right written down :cry:
Started a few sentences but it all somehow looks lame, won't help or make anyone feel better...

RIP Blaze and Nusia, find peace :cry:

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Misaya
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Misaya » Wed May 09, 2012 1:29 pm

I guess its time to let them go. My heart goes out to John and Tina and family. :(
- Fiona -

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Wed May 09, 2012 1:36 pm

Cant find words sorry just so gutted.

Gabriele58
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Gabriele58 » Wed May 09, 2012 1:41 pm

I can't stop the tears right now :cry:
~Gabriele~

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Wed May 09, 2012 1:47 pm

Was very saddened to hear this. At least once they cross the rainbow bridge there will be no more pain :(
Image Image

Lynwae
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Lynwae » Wed May 09, 2012 1:58 pm

It's so sad :( RIP king Blaze and Princess Nusia...
:( :( :(

issylupus
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by issylupus » Wed May 09, 2012 2:02 pm

This is just too sad for words... My heart goes out to you all. RIP Blaze and Nusia.
Has there been any word from the police as to how the investigation is going ?

Sion
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Sion » Wed May 09, 2012 2:26 pm

Horrible news. Just awful.
"Progress doesn't come from early risers — progress is made by lazy men looking for easier ways to do things." - Robert Heinlein

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Wed May 09, 2012 3:07 pm

Oh no :(
I am so sorry to hear about that! It must've been a very hard descission for you to release them from their suffering.
My deepest sympathy goes out to you and your dogs.
To prevent further poisening of your animals I think it would be a good idea to patrol the backyard and inspect it for any more poisened food before letting your dogs out. As bothersome as this might be, I don't think the culprit's going to stop with these vicious acts.

And about the person who poisened them: if there are any chances that you're going to read this message I want you to know this: you are a horrible person. And you should feel horrible, but since you did the same horrible thing TWICE I guess you completly lack any feelings other than maliciousness and hate. Shame on you.
Too bad you can't take some person's lifetime and give it to someone else....

Cakesandcats
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Cakesandcats » Wed May 09, 2012 3:07 pm

Heartbroken for you xxxxx

Megaen
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Megaen » Wed May 09, 2012 3:10 pm

Horrible news I'm so sorry this happened your 2 lovely dogs did nothing to deserve this. RIP Blaze and Nusia may you run happily in the Rainbow Bridge, where no one can hurt you anymore.

MoirAran
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by MoirAran » Wed May 09, 2012 3:25 pm

So sad to read this news :cry: awful, poor Blaze and Nusia.
Greetings, Kristel
Aran & Moira & Rayne

nivenj
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by nivenj » Wed May 09, 2012 3:40 pm

:-(

Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Hawthorne » Wed May 09, 2012 3:47 pm

I am so sick over this. This is Freyja's dad and Darwin's sister :cry: :cry: :cry:
People may dislike one another, even hate one another--but there is never any reason to take out anger or frustration on animals. Ever.
It shows a complete lack of respect for life.

Please folks, do all you can to help. Don't just sit there and wish we could catch this guy. Help get the word out. (I've been beating this drum on Facebook).

Contact the Bannow's local police department and encourage the investigation (please be polite): http://www.co.pasquotank.nc.us/departme ... index.html The detective's name is: Sam Kieth and his phone number is: 252-338-2191

Contact national news agencies and inform them of the story. Give them links to the newspaper and online video stories:
http://wtkr.com/2012/05/04/five-dogs-po ... ti-freeze/
http://www.foxsportscarolinas.com/05/04 ... kID=723498

Think of every possible organization that is related to dogs and pets, like the Humane Society of the United States, write to them, explain what happened, the extent of the vet bills, and provide links to the news stories.

Write to antifreeze companies pleading with them to change the formula. Non-toxic antifreeze exists.

And of course, chip in to help cover the cost of vet bills:
http://emergencytreatmentforbannowdogs. ... s-poisoned
OR
If someone wants to help and does not have chipin or is uncomfortable, they can call the vet directly and see if they will accept money toward the bill: http://www.chesapeakeanimalhospital.com ... ncies.html
phone number to the vet is 757-366-9000

We are drawn together as a community because of our love of Tamaskan Dogs. Let's work together as a community to support the Bannow Family.
My deepest sympathies,
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

Kootenaywolf
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Kootenaywolf » Wed May 09, 2012 3:58 pm

This is extremely heartbreaking news :( RIP beautiful pups