Dealing with "That's a Wolf!"

Everything about Tamaskan Dogs that does not fit within the other topics in this section.
crazydogs
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Dealing with "That's a Wolf!"

Post by crazydogs » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:01 am

Hi there, we're looking into hopefully adding a Tamaskan pup sometime next year and I was wondering how do you deal with the whole "it's a wolf" thing? I've looked up the laws and wolf/hybreds are allowed in my state but if we ever move to a state where they're not allowed or if my hubby goes back into the military and we live on post how do we prove that they're not a wolf? Since they're such a new breed I think in some circumstances just saying "No, s/he's a Tamaskan" and explaining their heritage will not be enough and we'll need some kind of proof. As far as I know there's currently not a DNA test to prove wolf percentage but will one prove that s/he has a high percentage of other breeds or is the documentation we get from the breeder enough "proof"? I'm just curious if anyone has had to deal with this and what they did or if you had to deal with this then what would you do? I know that they have no wolf in them, to me they look "wolfy" but they don't quite look like a wolf/hybred but I can see why others may think that they do.

-Ashley

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Dealing with "That's a Wolf!"

Post by HiTenshi16 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:28 am

I get some people that will think Ulric is a full wolf :roll: but I will simply state that "he is a Tamaskan, a new breed still in development". If they still insist I will point out his doggy traits (ears, eyes, stop, feet, temperment, ect.) compared to a real wolf. I have not had anyone insist past that but if it ever comes to it, I believe showing his pedigree papers will help along with directing them to the correct links to learn better about the breed.

When moving to places that may have laws against wolfdogs, I would email the county or city representative and show papers to prove that your Tamaskan is a dog and also giving them references, or even asking them what other proof they need ;)

I hope this information helps, I'm sure others here have better advice than I 8-)

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:37 am

i have had people ask if he's a wolf x i've said no and smiled, i've had people TELL me he's a wolf x i've said no and smiled even after they insisted and i've had 1 person (who i'd had so many encounters with before hand to which i'd tried many times to explain what he is) tell me i should be ashamed of my self for walking THAT in public and she is going to report me to the police and dog warden and have IT taken away (last straw about hear)... i smiled and said "go for it, send them to XX XXX XXXX XXXX and i will show them his papers and give them the details to the registry and forum website" to which she told me i most likely faked it all... (i mean... wow... faking a whole community? i didn't think it was possible but RPK proved me wrong :lol: ) and she informed me that if her friend ever saw my dog alone he would shoot him (because i'm mistaken about the laws and guns are allowed in residential areas :roll: ) to which i replied "anyone shoots my DOG, i will blow up your house :D "... and left before i got me self in trouble...

i maybe should have handled it a different way but i'd had daily comments and lectures for a few weeks... and i'd had a very bad morning...

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

crazydogs
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by crazydogs » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:57 am

HiTenshi16 wrote:When moving to places that may have laws against wolfdogs, I would email the county or city representative and show papers to prove that your Tamaskan is a dog and also giving them references, or even asking them what other proof they need ;)
That's a great idea, thanks for that suggestion!

Terri-That's horrible that someone was that hostile toward you! While I don't plan on people being that openly aggressive toward us or our dogs I know that some "know it all" people will tell you what's exactly on their mind. I've had some of "those" people come up to me and tell me that we need to get rid of our GSD mix because GSD's are known baby killers and he'll turn on our kids at any moment. I just smile at them and tell them that they need to meet more GSD's. I'm very well prepared to deal with the "know it all" people, it's more official people (like military housing) that I feel I need to prepare myself to learn to deal with, especially if my hubby is going back into the military.

-Ashley

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:13 am

If someone threatened my cat, dog or future tam, I woulnt be able to just smile and
Walk away. I actually had a neighbour quite a while ago threaten to poison my dog because he barked sometimes (especially if someone pulled into my driveway). I yelled at him over the fence and then called the cops.
Image Image

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Valravn » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:46 pm

TerriHolt wrote:to which i replied "anyone shoots my DOG, i will blow up your house :D "... and left before i got me self in trouble...

i maybe should have handled it a different way but i'd had daily comments and lectures for a few weeks... and i'd had a very bad morning...
I dunno. That sounds pretty reasonable to me. ;) :evil:

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:04 pm

Valravn wrote:
TerriHolt wrote:to which i replied "anyone shoots my DOG, i will blow up your house :D "... and left before i got me self in trouble...

I dunno. That sounds pretty reasonable to me. ;) :evil:
I thought it was a well thought out response as well :twisted:

Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Hawthorne » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:37 pm

Here in Pennsylvania wolf hybrids are illegal. You need a permit to own one. If you have pedigree papers that say "Tamaskan Dog" then that solves the problem, thank you ma'm and you're on your way.

I don't know if I would announce my arrival at a new place and draw attention to myself... we've never had an issue...just idiotic people who don't know what they're looking at. Most states list the legality of wolfdogs and wolf hybrids on their websites. The city we used to live in: Erie, prohibited wolfdogs within city limits.

I took Darwin into work. I work at the PA Game Commission (wildlife agency). Our law enforcement guys deal with the seizure of wolf hybrids quite a bit and they could identify by sight and behavior that Darwin is not a wolf.

Just do your homework before you move to a new place. Probably having a fence in the yard will make uneasy folks relax a bit more. We intend to move to the country where we won't have neighbors right on top of us :lol:

I hope this puts your mind at ease. I don't think you'll ever have a problem. I would, however, encourage you to put a safety orange vest on your dog when you take him/her off leash. An orange collar is not enough. Something like this: http://www.basspro.com/RedHead-Vest-for ... 802/131097
not only says "I'm a dog!" but also protects their belly from thorns and sharp brush :D
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

crazydogs
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by crazydogs » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:38 pm

Hawthorne- You have put my mind at ease. While we live here I don't plan on ever letting my dogs off lead because it's not allowed, even on hiking trails, camping, ect. The only place you are allowed to have your dogs off lead is your own property and dog parks.

I agree with the rest of you, if someone threatened me/my family/or my dogs I wouldn't be able to be so nice about it either. What I meant by "That's awful!" is- that's awful that she threatened you.

-Ashley

AngieH
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by AngieH » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:00 pm

Would something like this be useful in defending your dog from unreasonable neighbors crying wolf on a Tamaskan?

http://www.wisdompanel.com/

It's suposed to identify the dog breeds in any dog's background. I don't see that it can rule out wolves though. :lol:
One's horizon shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.
~Nin

crazydogs
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by crazydogs » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:01 am

AngieH- That's what I was wondering. I know it can't rule out wolf, but maybe if it shows higher percentages of other breeds along with the breeder's papers, that could help. Couldn't hurt. It would be interesting to see what it says for the fun of it anyway :P.

-Ashley

issylupus
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by issylupus » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:42 pm

If I encounter a "Know it all" I ask,
"I see you know your dog breed's, can you discribe the apperance of a Saarloos, Greenland Dog or Notheren inuit ?"
"No ???"
" yet you think you know this is not a Tamaskan "

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:51 pm

crazydogs wrote:Hawthorne- You have put my mind at ease. While we live here I don't plan on ever letting my dogs off lead because it's not allowed, even on hiking trails, camping, ect. The only place you are allowed to have your dogs off lead is your own property and dog parks.

I agree with the rest of you, if someone threatened me/my family/or my dogs I wouldn't be able to be so nice about it either. What I meant by "That's awful!" is- that's awful that she threatened you.

-Ashley
That seems a real shame, are there no open spaces to let your dogs run free? I would agree to keeping dogs on leads near farm animals, but once you were well away from farms, roads ect. then there is no reason not to let the dogs off if it is safe to do so.

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:25 am

AngieH wrote:Would something like this be useful in defending your dog from unreasonable neighbors crying wolf on a Tamaskan?

http://www.wisdompanel.com/

It's suposed to identify the dog breeds in any dog's background. I don't see that it can rule out wolves though. :lol:
I might look into that. I will probably print a card with my pup's picture and the TDR logo and website. Then have some cards just with the website so people can see for themselves... people here are morons because everyone has a "wolf-dog" everything that looks like a husky is 90% wolf :lol: :lol: :roll: according to most of the dog owners here. Ah well.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:02 am

Lol I've seen videos on YouTube where people say "this is my wolfdog so and so" and they just look like husky
Mixes. Luckily I won't have this problem since there are no wolves in aus and it's illegal to import them. I'm sure I'm gonna get a lot of people telling me a have a husky x or a shepherd x though.
Image Image

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:54 pm

The first thing you should do is go to the city's representative and tell them about your Tamaskan dog and show them your paper works. The city's representative can stand by you should there ever be a case of a paranoid neighbour calling the cops on you for owning a wolf in which you'll be able to prove that the Tamaskans are NOT wolves. It's really upsetting when people mistaken dogs for wolves and then anonymously call the cops on a person to have the "wolf" removed. I'm also currently concern about the people in Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming owning wolf-like spitz because the governments there have lifted the ban on wolf killing and I'm a bit afraid that some of these dogs may get mistaken for wolves. Two German Shepherds were shot by hunters a few weeks ago because of some ignorant hunters mistaking them for wolves.

Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Hawthorne » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:23 am

fangjingtuanlucas wrote:Two German Shepherds were shot by hunters a few weeks ago because of some ignorant hunters mistaking them for wolves.
For some, it is the ultimate trophy (predators), for others it's about hatred. Lots of folks just hate predators just because--and there's no changing their minds. Predator = bad and Prey = good. (This good animal, bad animal thing drives my crazy by the way.) But shooting dogs--well--lots of folks don't like seeing dogs run around because they "harass wildlife." While this might be true--certainly people should know the difference between a wolf and a GSD. I'll make my point again: buy a safety orange vest for your Tamaskan. They are cheap and scream: "I am not a wild dog."
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:52 am

fangjingtuanlucas wrote:The first thing you should do is go to the city's representative and tell them about your Tamaskan dog and show them your paper works. The city's representative can stand by you should there ever be a case of a paranoid neighbour calling the cops on you for owning a wolf in which you'll be able to prove that the Tamaskans are NOT wolves.
I do NOT recommend doing this... why draw unnecessary attention to yourself so the authorities can come calling? IF and when the situation arises, then you can contact them and provide the necessary documentation / paperwork - the last thing you'd want to do is cause unnecessary stress for yourself, it's just not worth the hassle.
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:31 am

Sylvaen wrote:
fangjingtuanlucas wrote:The first thing you should do is go to the city's representative and tell them about your Tamaskan dog and show them your paper works. The city's representative can stand by you should there ever be a case of a paranoid neighbour calling the cops on you for owning a wolf in which you'll be able to prove that the Tamaskans are NOT wolves.
I do NOT recommend doing this... why draw unnecessary attention to yourself so the authorities can come calling? IF and when the situation arises, then you can contact them and provide the necessary documentation / paperwork - the last thing you'd want to do is cause unnecessary stress for yourself, it's just not worth the hassle.
Just about to post this Debby, you beat me to it.

Especially in Canada it's a very...needless thing to do. If they ask, fine. If not you're A: wasting your time, B: causing confusion, and C: who knows what the "representative" will choose to believe about the Tamaskan? They could find the no wolf fable and believe every word and then what? You're in huge trouble and you could potentially be forced to euthanize the dog and even pay a fine.

No this is not a good idea at all.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:39 am

Convel wrote:
Sylvaen wrote:
Just about to post this Debby, you beat me to it.

Especially in Canada it's a very...needless thing to do. If they ask, fine. If not you're A: wasting your time, B: causing confusion, and C: who knows what the "representative" will choose to believe about the Tamaskan? They could find the no wolf fable and believe every word and then what? You're in huge trouble and you could potentially be forced to euthanize the dog and even pay a fine.

No this is not a good idea at all.
Yeah that would be tragic considering that my province is also paranoid about certain non-wolfdog breeds like the pit-bulls
and I'm still working with an activist group to try and get that ban lifted. I'm confident that once the Tamaskan breed becomes very popular here in Canada and other parts of the US then there won't be that much problem because by that time most people would probably know about the Tamaskan and should a cop come to my door step insisting to see my "wolfdog" out of reports from a paranoid neighbour I'd explain to them the best I can and show my paper works to them. But as for now, I think maybe it's just better to have the dog out on walks more often and make certain that the dog does not do anything to spark such paranoia, as I'm sure you're aware that Tamaskans can also be escape artists like their Husky and Malamute ancestors IF not raised properly. I WILL consider doing what HiTenshi16 mentioned above, point out the dog-exclusive traits that exist in the Tamaskan to anyone who asks if the dog is a wolf and should they not believe me then it's they're problem. As long as the Tamaskan is properly raised and usually friendly to strangers and you're on top of things and making efforts like positive reinforcements to ensure that it behaves then I guess it's unlikely that someone's going to report you for owning a wolf or even think that your dog is a wolf (not like the real wild wolves are always shy and aggressive but most people have not befriend any like I have so I won't bother on that topic). But you're right Debby, unless the cops ask don't call the representatives unless you actually know one who has knowledge of the different canines.

Sion
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Sion » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:12 pm

My neighbour's deerhound was once misidentified as a wolf, so I fear there's no hope that the public can ever be relied upon to be rational! :D
"Progress doesn't come from early risers — progress is made by lazy men looking for easier ways to do things." - Robert Heinlein

issylupus
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by issylupus » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:16 pm

Sion wrote:My neighbour's deerhound was once misidentified as a wolf, so I fear there's no hope that the public can ever be relied upon to be rational! :D
:roll: LIKE... :lol:

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:36 pm

Sion wrote:My neighbour's deerhound was once misidentified as a wolf, so I fear there's no hope that the public can ever be relied upon to be rational! :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: no hope at all

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:26 pm

Agreed

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:30 pm

IS THIS A JOKE?! That's very unfortunate, unless you're being sarcastic. Shouldn't people even know the differences between that breed and the real northern wolves in their appearances? Yeah, I know some breeds are larger than the wolves, but the deerhound is for sure not that wolfish to fool a lot of people unless it was mixed with a malamute and deinitely doesn't look anything like a spitz type dog let alone a wolf. Darn people...

Sion
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Sion » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:23 am

No, he scarpered after a loud bang, ended up in someone's garden. They called the police to report a wolf in their garden. Oh, and my mistake, I meant to say lurcher, not deerhound, but almost identical, just a tad smaller.
"Progress doesn't come from early risers — progress is made by lazy men looking for easier ways to do things." - Robert Heinlein

Canadia
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Canadia » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:09 pm

I used the gentle leader for a month or so and people thought it was a muzzle and shied away from us - it's frustrating when you're trying to socialize your dog and other people yank their dogs away thinking yours is a vicious wolf-dog!

I did have a great experience the other day though - a 4-year-old ran up to Finch and yelled "WOLF!" and gave him a big hug. Her mom's eyes just about popped out of her head, but Finch just licked the girl's face and then collapsed to the ground and asked for a belly rub. He is such a vicious beast! :lol:

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:20 pm

Canadia wrote:I used the gentle leader for a month or so and people thought it was a muzzle and shied away from us - it's frustrating when you're trying to socialize your dog and other people yank their dogs away thinking yours is a vicious wolf-dog!
Its funny isn't it, if a dog has a muzzle on then it is no threat, it could give you a wack with it if you got close enough, but not bite you. I have a friend with a very friendly Labrador, but it has to be walked on a muzzle as it eats anything it finds and usually makes itself sick, because it has a muzzle on they then feel they have to have it on a lead as a large Lab bouncing up to people with a muzzle on could be scary :roll:
Canadia wrote:I did have a great experience the other day though - a 4-year-old ran up to Finch and yelled "WOLF!" and gave him a big hug. Her mom's eyes just about popped out of her head, but Finch just licked the girl's face and then collapsed to the ground and asked for a belly rub. He is such a vicious beast! :lol:
:lol: they are such vicious beasts aren't they, Saga loves her tummy rubbed as well if there are lots of people to say hello to its hard to keep her on her feet :oops: :lol:

Gabriele58
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Gabriele58 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:25 pm

Canadia wrote:
I did have a great experience the other day though - a 4-year-old ran up to Finch and yelled "WOLF!" and gave him a big hug. Her mom's eyes just about popped out of her head, but Finch just licked the girl's face and then collapsed to the ground and asked for a belly rub. He is such a vicious beast! :lol:
I would love to meet Finch. He sounds like a sweetheart. Are you in the Ottawa area? I'll be in the area for a wedding in September. It would be great to get a chance to meet him and you too, of course :D
~Gabriele~

Canadia
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Canadia » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:19 pm

Sure thing - I might be moving late August, but if we're still in the area we'll have to get together! (P.S. I've gotten used to being Finch's sidekick - I can't compete with him! :lol: )

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:49 pm

The only time I'll accept the "That's a wolf" phrase is on a very high-content wolfdog or anything close to the wolf with recent wolf ancestry. But regular high-contents and below are NOT wolves and to call ANY domestic dog a wolf is risky because it can easily put the dog in danger. Shelters that get their hands on a dog that is labelled as a wolfdog, even if it looks like a bulldog, are usually forced to execute them. The most nightmarish thought that comes to my mind is one of those gas chambers

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:09 pm

I hear "vuk" or "vukovi" on a daily basis whenever / wherever I take the dogs for a walk... lol
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

issylupus
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by issylupus » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:28 pm

Someone said to me the other day " what a lovely Alsation " Mmmm. makes me wonder how some foke manage to get themselves out their front door's in the morning.... I just nodd and smile...

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:03 am

issylupus wrote:Someone said to me the other day " what a lovely Alsation " Mmmm. makes me wonder how some foke manage to get themselves out their front door's in the morning.... I just nodd and smile...
Hahahhahahhahahhahahahhahahahaha!!!!! Shay doesn't look like a shepherd at all!!! God some people.
Image Image

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:11 am

issylupus wrote:Someone said to me the other day " what a lovely Alsation " Mmmm. makes me wonder how some foke manage to get themselves out their front door's in the morning.... I just nodd and smile...
I have had that quite a few times and a couple of times "I used to breed those" :roll: sometimes it's not worth the effort to explain :lol:

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:04 am

I went to the Korea Times Daily for a singing competition today and while in a conversation with a visa student I was like "Holy smokes!".

Now, I can understand the age-old problem with having the northern spitz like the Agouti-coloured Siberian Huskies, Husky/German Shepherd cross, Malamute/Elkhound cross, or other northern spitz type mutts being mistaken for wolves and wolfdogs but having cases of dogs with floppy ears, short tails, flate noses, pied-bald or dotty coats, or fluffy wooly-coated dog breeds being called "wolves" is 100000x ridiculous. Seriously, I was shocked when the visa student told me that her Jindo-pug mix that she showed me on her cellphone was mistakenly called a "목자" (mokja or "wolf-dog mix" in Korean). How the hell can some people make the mistake of calling what looked clearly like a pug mix a wolfdog? :x What's the world coming to nowadays? :roll: And despite the Jindo's dingo-like temperament, the primitive dogs look NOTHING like the northern wild wolves so whoever made that mistake must have never seen a real wolf in their life!

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:02 pm

:lol: I've met 3 Jin Do dogs...they look like Shibas but a BIT bigger
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

Nikola1985Ghaeltacht
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Nikola1985Ghaeltacht » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:57 am

Kyliedelonge wrote:If someone threatened my cat, dog or future tam, I woulnt be able to just smile and
Walk away. I actually had a neighbour quite a while ago threaten to poison my dog because he barked sometimes (especially if someone pulled into my driveway). I yelled at him over the fence and then called the cops.
You HAD a neighbour? What did you do to him? :o :shock:
Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away

Lynwae
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Lynwae » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:06 am

Nikola1985Ghaeltacht wrote: You HAD a neighbour? What did you do to him? :o :shock:
LOL
:D

nivenj
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by nivenj » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:25 am

How would I deal with "Thats a Wolf!"?

Hmmmmm I think I'd choose a subtle aproach...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” --Aristotle *

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:33 am

is it wrong that, when i read that it was in a stewie voice in my head? :oops:

could do with listing Husky, GSD and Akita under that :D

One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:32 am

Nikola1985Ghaeltacht wrote:
Kyliedelonge wrote:If someone threatened my cat, dog or future tam, I woulnt be able to just smile and
You HAD a neighbour? What did you do to him? :o :shock:

Haha unfortunately he's still my neighbour. You'd think he'd get a job and move out from mummys house. I just Dnt hav to deal with him anymore since Tyson is always inside now.
Image Image

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:34 am

nivenj wrote:How would I deal with "Thats a Wolf!"?

That shirt is fantastic!!!! Everyone should be given one with their pup :p
Image Image

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:57 am

Kyliedelonge wrote:

That shirt is fantastic!!!! Everyone should be given one with their pup :p

:note to Lynn:? :lol:

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

nivenj
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by nivenj » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:56 pm

TerriHolt wrote:is it wrong that, when i read that it was in a stewie voice in my head? :oops:
lol...i hear him in my head all the time....mostly around my plans for world domination.."No sprinkles. For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you."....oooo wheres my meds
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” --Aristotle *

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:49 pm

Great shirt :lol:

susann
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by susann » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:50 am

When I was walking with Maccon in the city (Karlstad, Sweden) the other day.. everyone was looking....I mean everyone.. some with a smile.. :) others with big eyes.. :shock: he is a BIG wolfy boy... :D at least that's what I see in him.. :D a woman (from germany, I heard them speak to each other) came up to me and said...wow !! he look fantastic.....can I please take a photo of the two of you.....he is wonderful!!

These things makes me so proud .. my beautiful wolf :D

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:10 pm

OMG I wished I've seen this earlier! Can I buy your awesome T-shirt?
(Just kidding :lol: )

Nimwey
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Nimwey » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:10 am

susann wrote:When I was walking with Maccon in the city (Karlstad, Sweden)
There is a Tamaskan in Karlstad!!!? :shock: I HAVE to meet you guys. Please. :D
Sorry for off topic, in my first post... :oops: I was reading around but had to say that.
I've only heard of a couple of Tamaskans in Sweden, never thought there would be one this close to me.
Mother Nature does not rule by fear and anger, but by calm strength and assertiveness - Cesar Millan

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:59 pm

Nimwey wrote:
susann wrote:When I was walking with Maccon in the city (Karlstad, Sweden)
There is a Tamaskan in Karlstad!!!? :shock: I HAVE to meet you guys. Please. :D
Sorry for off topic, in my first post... :oops: I was reading around but had to say that.
I've only heard of a couple of Tamaskans in Sweden, never thought there would be one this close to me.
Just write Susann - she has two, I cannot imagine she wouldn't be willing and proud to show her two Tam's off :lol:
>> Nino <<