Illegal in Norway?

Everything about Tamaskan Dogs that does not fit within the other topics in this section.
susann
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Illegal in Norway?

Post by susann » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:29 pm

Finally it looks like the Tamaskan tale has reached Norway. Just been told that the Tamaskan dog now is an illegal breed, because of the content of wolf... just because of the Tamaskan tale. Don't know if it's true... but this is the latest info about Tams and Norway.
What I don't understand is why saarloos and Ceskoslovenský vlcak are legal, and Tamaskans aren't.

:?: :?: :shock:

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Illegal in Norway?

Post by Nino » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:38 pm

Who told you that the Tamaskans were illegal?
if it wasn't anyone official (with references to where they have their information from) then I wouldn't put too much into it - but maybe look into if there is any official information about it over there.

there should be more than just suspicions about a breed to make something illegal I think..
>> Nino <<

HellanDK
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by HellanDK » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:08 pm

http://www.lovdata.no/cgi-wift/wiftldle ... e=ULVEHUND

Any decendants of the wolf is illegal, should there be any outcross of wolf/wolfdog in the breed then it would be illegal in Norway! This is the case with both the Czechoslovakian WD, and the Saarloos... So as I read it both of these breeds would already be illegal. I've found no information searching the web that Tamaskan Dog's to, should be illegal. Which means, if there's no outcrossing of the 2 before mentioned dog in our breed there should be nothing to worry about I think. I to, would like to know from where you had this information? (Above is the norwegian law on dog - thanks Line) ;)

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:20 pm

I believe one sarloos was crossed in (I'm pretty sure it's konah's line)
Image Image

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:34 pm

Kyliedelonge wrote:I believe one sarloos was crossed in (I'm pretty sure it's konah's line)
That's right. But no dogs from that litter are in Norway so that shouldn't be a problem then.

I'm also curious where you got to hear the Tamaskan Dog is now illegal?

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:40 pm

like others said... if it didn't come from an official then i'd pay no mind and just keep an eye out for laws changing. it'll just be people reading the "Tamaskan (not so) Truth" and what not's :roll: ... if they are not wolf decedent, then there can't be a ban (logically speaking :geek: :? )?

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:55 pm

Surely if there is a problem, then a simple DNA test would fix everything.
Image Image

susann
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by susann » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:10 pm

Rahne wrote:
Kyliedelonge wrote:I believe one sarloos was crossed in (I'm pretty sure it's konah's line)
That's right. But no dogs from that litter are in Norway so that shouldn't be a problem then.

I'm also curious where you got to hear the Tamaskan Dog is now illegal?
Saarloos are legal in Norway.

susann
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by susann » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:43 pm

I heard it today from a member on the forum. She has a Saarloos and she was accused for having a Tamaskans Dog, a illegal breed in Norway !
I find this hard to believe.
She said lucky she has paper showing that the dog is a Saarloos, and not a Tamaskan.

Come to think of it... maybe they mixed things up.. Tamaskan with Tamaskan Wolfdog?
I was searching the net for some info and fond that they claim the Tamaskans are illegal because there were wolf in the racing huskies in Finland.

martinbernstein
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by martinbernstein » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:25 am

Det virker rart synes jeg. Tamaskan rasen er saapass ny at lovverket sannsynligvis ikke har rukket aa legge den til paa lista over ulovlige hunder. Det er ogsaa verdt aa nevne at det ikke er mulig aa bevise at det faktisk er ulver eller ulvehunder brukt i rasen. Det er heller ikke mulig aa motbevise det men for aa vaere aerlig saa kan du legge fram noen veldig gode argumenter hvis noen skulle spoerre.

Jeg eier en Aatu Tamaskan og bor i USA, men jeg er norsk og har tenkt aa flytte tilbake til Norge med bikkja om noen aar.

martinbernstein
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by martinbernstein » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:28 am

Whoops, sorry Susann, I didn't notice that you're Swedish. I thought you were Norwegian. Let me know if you can't read my Norwegian.

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:18 pm

That's very weird. Tamaskans aren't as common as the Saarloos and Czech at this time and if those two low-content wolfdog breeds are legal in Norway then there is no way the Tamaskan is banned since it's not even a wolfdog. As far as I've recently begun searching this after you mentioned it I can't find any official reports about the breed being illegal plus the Tamaskan is still new and quite rare so I don't know who the heck said that they are illegal. I don't know where this rumour came from but at the moment unless there is an official article about the banning of the breed I don't think you should worry too much about it.

susann
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by susann » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:44 pm

martinbernstein wrote:Whoops, sorry Susann, I didn't notice that you're Swedish. I thought you were Norwegian. Let me know if you can't read my Norwegian.
No problem :) Swedish, danish and norwegian is about the same language... and I was born in Norway. Moved to Sweden 23 years ago.

I read in a forum that they were writing about a man in Kristiansand in Norway that bought a Tamaskan and they thought maybe he had to put the dog down when "Norway" finds out that he has a Tam.

I find all of this very strange and hard to believe.

susann
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by susann » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:52 pm

fangjingtuanlucas wrote:That's very weird. Tamaskans aren't as common as the Saarloos and Czech at this time and if those two low-content wolfdog breeds are legal in Norway then there is no way the Tamaskan is banned since it's not even a wolfdog. As far as I've recently begun searching this after you mentioned it I can't find any official reports about the breed being illegal plus the Tamaskan is still new and quite rare so I don't know who the heck said that they are illegal. I don't know where this rumour came from but at the moment unless there is an official article about the banning of the breed I don't think you should worry too much about it.
I am not worried .. in the list of illegal dogs in Norway the only on, so fas, is Czech... and 5 or 6 fighting dogs.
In the topic Tamaskan in Norway I guess there are lots of peoples that always know more than anyone else about any breed.
I was thinking about the future of Tamaskan in Norway .. when they read "facts" about wolf in Tams and that they are illegal.

So sad whit all this rumors...

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:11 pm

susann wrote:
martinbernstein wrote:Whoops, sorry Susann, I didn't notice that you're Swedish. I thought you were Norwegian. Let me know if you can't read my Norwegian.
No problem :) Swedish, danish and norwegian is about the same language... and I was born in Norway. Moved to Sweden 23 years ago.

I read in a forum that they were writing about a man in Kristiansand in Norway that bought a Tamaskan and they thought maybe he had to put the dog down when "Norway" finds out that he has a Tam.

If so I will gladly take the trip to take in Bow!
She can live with me and Sølve that's for sure!!
>> Nino <<

susann
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by susann » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:16 pm

Nino wrote:
susann wrote:

If so I will gladly take the trip to take in Bow!
LOL .. I don't think that will be necessary :D

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:43 pm

susann wrote:
Nino wrote: If so I will gladly take the trip to take in Bow!
LOL .. I don't think that will be necessary :D
I hope not..
But I would love to take her, and I think that Sølve would love a mate too ;)
>> Nino <<

tigerstedt
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by tigerstedt » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:54 pm

Tamaskans are not illegal in Norway. I had to respond at once. Now I'll read through all posts and come back in a heart beat with some clarifications. Stay tuned!
A home without a dog
- is just a house

tigerstedt
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by tigerstedt » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:29 pm

OK, I'm back.

Norwegian law isn't all that complicated and you may all rest assure that Bow will have a happy and long life in Norway (but thanks anyway Nino :) ).

The law regarding wildlife in Norway states that wolfs may not be kept legally in Norway. The Norwegian dog law states that no hybrids are legally kept in Norway after the law came into effect. A hybrid would be a mix all the way to an F5 hybrid (five generations removed from wolf). In addition, certain dogs are put on a "dangerous dog" list e.g. Pitbull.

Last but not least, it is an owners responsibility to be able to prove the origin of the dog. On suspicion being a Pitbull breed, and if the owner cannot prove otherwise, the dog would be put down (Im using Pitbull as an example here).

To complicate things even more, the Czech is illegal in Norway while the Saarlows is legal. There are two reasons for this: the first is that the Saarlows had allready been imported to Norway and the second is that sheep farmers didn't want the Czech in Norway (clear case of lobbying. Even the lawmakers admit there were no historical or breed spesific reasons, only that it looked like a wolf and had wolf content). On the other hand, Saarlow owners should not feel to safe as the lawmakers say that they are sitting on the fence regarding Saarlows. It may still be made illegal. If so, all Saarlows would not be made illegal. It would just not be legal to have any more litters in Norway and no Saarlows may be imported.

In regard to our favourite, the Tamaskan, it may be accused of being a Czech or someone may claim it has above F5 wolf content (it may well have wolf content from its Finnish ancestor, however this is now far below F5). If accused, I will have to give proof of breed (an easy job with her pedigre) and/or prove no-wolf content (a bit more tricky. However, because Bow is a beautiful Tam looking just like she's supose to, I have had an independent DNA test done on her. They found medium content Huskey and medium content GSD but no wolf. So I have proof).

So to all fellow Tam lovers: Tams are legal in Norway. Bow is growing up to be a perfect ambassadour and is registered in the Norwegian Kennel Club (believe it or not).

By the way, according to the law, the Aatu Tamaskan is very likely to be illegal in Norway.
A home without a dog
- is just a house

tigerstedt
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Update

Post by tigerstedt » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:02 pm

I found where the claim originated and have initiated damage control. Their main source seems to be Facebook, so it should be easy pickings.
A home without a dog
- is just a house

martinbernstein
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by martinbernstein » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:18 pm

tigerstedt wrote: By the way, according to the law, the Aatu Tamaskan is very likely to be illegal in Norway.
Why? Currently most registered Aatus are genetically the same as regular tams. And the future aatu breed will likely have outcross blood in it, but no more wolfdog lineage than the UK tam breed. Why would one breed be legal and the other illegal?

tigerstedt
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by tigerstedt » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:50 pm

Sorry. I should have said MAY be illegal. The Aatu has some Czech Wolfdog X Utonagan (counts as F2 I believe) mixed into it not long ago, so make sure your has a maximum of F5 wolfdog on either side, dam or sire. Have a DNA check done before you "come home to Norway" so you don't experience any unpleasantries in customs.
A home without a dog
- is just a house

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:48 am

Well Done no guesses as to who started this one :lol: Well done too for having the foresight to get an independent dna done for specific wolf testing,
Maybe now this will put all those false claims to rest bandied about by those
idiots who keep insisting that they know more than us the founders of the breed :D

susann
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by susann » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:46 am

Blustag wrote:Well Done no guesses as to who started this one :lol: Well done too for having the foresight to get an independent dna done for specific wolf testing,
Maybe now this will put all those false claims to rest bandied about by those
idiots who keep insisting that they know more than us the founders of the breed :D
A member from Tamaskan forum was writing really negative about the Tams in this Norwegian Forum. I am happy that tigerstedt cleared everything out for them.
I have been "attacked" in there too .. because of my choise of dog. When I saw this "someone" writing about liars, tales and breeders etc when it comes to Tams I wrote to Tigerstedt because he was mentioned in the forum.

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:05 pm

What? Someone from here was bagging tams out??
Image Image

susann
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by susann » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:09 pm

Kyliedelonge wrote:What? Someone from here was bagging tams out??
Kind of.. yes

A member, but not a owner... !!

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:16 pm

That's terrible.
Image Image

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:17 pm

lynn had mentioned something like that before ... not sure if it's the same 'someone' as the 'someone' lynn had mentioned... but yeah :(

Edit:
susann wrote:
A member, but not a owner... !!

ok, not the same someone then :(

One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

tigerstedt
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by tigerstedt » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:28 pm

Currently only one owner in Norway (happily me ;) ). Someone has forgotten his/her knowledge and refers to the good old Fable, and uses Facebook as proof, good heavens!

I've been invited to write about the Tam as an independent thread on the forum, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But I will.
A home without a dog
- is just a house

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:48 pm

tigerstedt wrote:Currently only one owner in Norway (happily me ;) ). Someone has forgotten his/her knowledge and refers to the good old Fable, and uses Facebook as proof, good heavens!
someone is getting as pesky as I didn't do it, It wasn't me and Mr. nobody who currently resides in my house :lol:
tigerstedt wrote:I've been invited to write about the Tam as an independent thread on the forum
that sounds great!

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

martinbernstein
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by martinbernstein » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:06 pm

tigerstedt wrote:Sorry. I should have said MAY be illegal. The Aatu has some Czech Wolfdog X Utonagan (counts as F2 I believe) mixed into it not long ago, so make sure your has a maximum of F5 wolfdog on either side, dam or sire. Have a DNA check done before you "come home to Norway" so you don't experience any unpleasantries in customs.
Tigerstedt, er du fra Tigerstaden? Er fra Asker selv.

Anyway, I must correct you here. I'm not sure where you're getting your information, but it is entirely inaccurate. The Aatu does not have Czech Wolfdog x Utonagan mixed into it. If it did, that breeding must have taken place many generations ago which would mean that TDR registered tams also descend from this mix. Personally I have not seen definitive evidence to prove such a claim. The TBA has only been around for about three years, and there have only been a handful of litters since then. So far only one Aatu litter has been produced that is not 100% genetically Tamaskan. But the outcross dog involved in that litter did not have any Czech or Saarloos blood in it.

As a member of the TBA I often find myself making corrections on this forum about inaccuracies and misinformation about Aatus and the TBA. People put out information that they have not bothered to verify, and as an unfortunate result there are many false rumors about both the TDR and the TBA. I encourage you to do more research and find out more about both associations. There is a wealth of info on this forum as well as the Aatu forum.

And regarding my plans to come back to Norway with my Aatu Frøya, I know her exact ancestry. Both of her parents were TDR registered as were all four of her grandparents which makes her a TDR tamaskan genetically speaking even though she is registered with the TBA and is thus an Aatu. She is genetically as much tamaskan as yours is, so no DNA test is necessary from me to come to Norway with her.

tigerstedt
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by tigerstedt » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:18 pm

martinbernstein wrote: She is genetically as much tamaskan as yours is, so no DNA test is necessary from me to come to Norway with her.
I'm from Sorlandet.

In regard to your statement above I am very tempted to say "good luck", however, as a dog lover I won't. I would strongly advice you to check the dog laws of Norway, the Direcives of dogs in Norway and the Norwegian Food authorities in Norway, in addition to Norwegian customs. Any dog having any wolf in it in any way is banned in Norway (read illegal) and will, not may, but will be put down. On suspicion of such content in the dog, the owner must document that it does not have any wolf content. Resonable doubt does not exist here. Neighter is ignorance any excuse. The only, and I mean only, exempt is a pureblood Saarloos, and that is for the time being (it may quickly change).

According to the law you have to prove that your dog is nothing but dog. So, if you take your Aatu to Norway without proof (forget the pedigre, they wouldn't care even if your dog was from the same litter as mine). Now, standing there with a dog looking like a wolf may lead up to two scenarios, none of them nice.

The first is that your Aatu is taken away and put down on because it is belived it contains wolf. You will be billed for the vet, and will be given a ticket on several thousand NOK.

The second, more lucky outcome is that the dog will be confined awaiting a DNA test. You will of course be billed for this (amounting to several thousand as a special kennel for dangerous dogs is needed, which they believe your dog is). You will of course also need to pay for the test. And you may not see your dog while in kennel (remember, it is dangerous, they believe, because this is what it says in the law).

With a lucky outcome, remeber to have your DNA test available if asked by the police (the first part was only to cross the border). The police may ask you for such proof at any time as it, according to Norwegian law, it is the owners' responsibility to prove that the dog in question is not illegal in Norway.

Do not be cocky when planning on, or dealing with, getting dogs into Norway. There are many heartbreaking stories where a pet has been put down because it looked like an illegal breed, and the owners could not produce sufficient proof.

You may be well versed in the various acronyms, but I would advice you to be equally updated on the legal topic.

As for my self, I am not a founding member of anything regarding the various breeds and has thus no agenda. I know I may seem arrogant in chastising you this way, but it really is in the best interest of your dog.
A home without a dog
- is just a house

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:14 am

martinbernstein wrote:so no DNA test is necessary from me to come to Norway with her.

i think that is a foolish, ignorant and naive statement to make "i say my dog is this and they will listen, there for i need no DNA testing"... :lol: :lol: :lol: yeah, right :lol: :lol: :lol: ... is it not better to be safe than sorry? you may know her lines and what is in her but they do not. as RPK proved, papers mean nothing and you going in unprepared to give them the proof they need is an unwise decision on you part that your girl may pay the price for...

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

martinbernstein
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by martinbernstein » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:16 am

TerriHolt wrote:
martinbernstein wrote:so no DNA test is necessary from me to come to Norway with her.

i think that is a foolish, ignorant and naive statement to make "i say my dog is this and they will listen, there for i need no DNA testing"... :lol: :lol: :lol: yeah, right :lol: :lol: :lol: ... is it not better to be safe than sorry? you may know her lines and what is in her but they do not. as RPK proved, papers mean nothing and you going in unprepared to give them the proof they need is an unwise decision on you part that your girl may pay the price for...
How foolish, ignorant and naive of me to make that statement without putting in context for you TerriHolt. It was in response to Tigerstedt's earlier statement:
Tigerstedt wrote:So to all fellow Tam lovers: Tams are legal in Norway.
and to his subsequent claim (which he has since retracted because it was inaccurate) that Aatus have wolfdog blood and therefore may be illegal in Norway.

For the record I wouldn't be foolish, ignorant, or naive enough to bring her to any country without proof of her dog lineages and all other necessary paperwork.

martinbernstein
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by martinbernstein » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:27 am

tigerstedt wrote:
martinbernstein wrote: She is genetically as much tamaskan as yours is, so no DNA test is necessary from me to come to Norway with her.
I'm from Sorlandet.

In regard to your statement above I am very tempted to say "good luck", however, as a dog lover I won't. I would strongly advice you to check the dog laws of Norway, the Direcives of dogs in Norway and the Norwegian Food authorities in Norway, in addition to Norwegian customs. Any dog having any wolf in it in any way is banned in Norway (read illegal) and will, not may, but will be put down. On suspicion of such content in the dog, the owner must document that it does not have any wolf content. Resonable doubt does not exist here. Neighter is ignorance any excuse. The only, and I mean only, exempt is a pureblood Saarloos, and that is for the time being (it may quickly change).

According to the law you have to prove that your dog is nothing but dog. So, if you take your Aatu to Norway without proof (forget the pedigre, they wouldn't care even if your dog was from the same litter as mine). Now, standing there with a dog looking like a wolf may lead up to two scenarios, none of them nice.

The first is that your Aatu is taken away and put down on because it is belived it contains wolf. You will be billed for the vet, and will be given a ticket on several thousand NOK.

The second, more lucky outcome is that the dog will be confined awaiting a DNA test. You will of course be billed for this (amounting to several thousand as a special kennel for dangerous dogs is needed, which they believe your dog is). You will of course also need to pay for the test. And you may not see your dog while in kennel (remember, it is dangerous, they believe, because this is what it says in the law).

With a lucky outcome, remeber to have your DNA test available if asked by the police (the first part was only to cross the border). The police may ask you for such proof at any time as it, according to Norwegian law, it is the owners' responsibility to prove that the dog in question is not illegal in Norway.

Do not be cocky when planning on, or dealing with, getting dogs into Norway. There are many heartbreaking stories where a pet has been put down because it looked like an illegal breed, and the owners could not produce sufficient proof.

You may be well versed in the various acronyms, but I would advice you to be equally updated on the legal topic.

As for my self, I am not a founding member of anything regarding the various breeds and has thus no agenda. I know I may seem arrogant in chastising you this way, but it really is in the best interest of your dog.
Thanks for the info. Obviously I would/will take a closer look at the various legal issues if/when I bring my dogs to Norway. I have had to deal with a lot of similar issues currently in my preparations for our hike across America, during which my Aatu, my Karelian and I will traverse 14 states, some of which have extremely strict laws regarding wolfdogs and hybrids.

tigerstedt
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by tigerstedt » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:23 am

martinbernstein wrote:which he has since retracted because it was inaccurate)
When?
martinbernstein wrote:For the record I wouldn't be foolish, ignorant, or naive enough to bring her to any country without proof of her dog lineages and all other necessary paperwork.
Well done.
A home without a dog
- is just a house

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:36 am

now back on topic, i really don't think tams will be illegal anywhere unless they prove to be a danger like other banned breeds have been made out to be. and if all the paper work is in order, maybe a DNA test results to be kept close at hand just on the off chance peter shouts "wolf" and you need them :D

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

tigerstedt
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by tigerstedt » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:40 am

Hear hear :)
A home without a dog
- is just a house

susann
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by susann » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:55 pm

I visit Norway a lot and I guess I better get the test done to.. ?? Would die if anything should happen to my dogs. and IF anyone gets suspicious I have my dogs on the safe side of the law.

martinbernstein
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by martinbernstein » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:29 am

tigerstedt wrote:
When?
When you deleted your initial post and replaced it with this-
tigerstedt wrote:I found where the claim originated and have initiated damage control. Their main source seems to be Facebook, so it should be easy pickings.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:04 am

martinbernstein wrote:
tigerstedt wrote:
When?
When you deleted your initial post and replaced it with this-
tigerstedt wrote:I found where the claim originated and have initiated damage control. Their main source seems to be Facebook, so it should be easy pickings.
so we not getting back on topic? :?

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:22 am

:lol: apparently not... Terri I do agree with you last post.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:00 am

This is me as a Forum Moderator speaking
Yes - People PLEASE get back on topic..

I suggest Martin and Tigersted can take any further off topic-ish debate in the private messages..

Than you :)
>> Nino <<

tigerstedt
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by tigerstedt » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:34 pm

Sorry :oops: Back on topic

For my part, I'll give the last word to Terri
TerriHolt wrote:now back on topic, i really don't think tams will be illegal anywhere unless they prove to be a danger like other banned breeds have been made out to be. and if all the paper work is in order, maybe a DNA test results to be kept close at hand just on the off chance peter shouts "wolf" and you need them :D
A home without a dog
- is just a house

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:27 pm

tigerstedt wrote:Sorry :oops: Back on topic

For my part, I'll give the last word to Terri
TerriHolt wrote:now back on topic, i really don't think tams will be illegal anywhere unless they prove to be a danger like other banned breeds have been made out to be. and if all the paper work is in order, maybe a DNA test results to be kept close at hand just on the off chance peter shouts "wolf" and you need them :D
I agree with Terri. I doubt the Tamaskan is going to be banned in Norway. I personally don't think ANY dog breeds should be banned ANYWHERE at all! It's sad that certain governments like my lunatic Ontarian Government would go banning* a dog breed all because of incidents that mostly have to do with the bad or irresponsible owners like the pit bull people. As of 2007, (not to get too far off topic!) most of the remaining pits have been neutered/spayed by-law and all remaining pits must wear a muzzle in my province including those that never had any problems which is like ~80% of them! Anyways, glad this topic was brought to our attention. In most cases I don't even think some of those "aggressive pit-bulls" are actually pit-bull terriers to be honest and thankfully the Tamaskan does not have that undeserved bad reputation that the former has. If ANY country EVER bans this breed I'll be EXTREMELY FURIOUS! :twisted:

*The pit bulls in my province aren't banned from living here and the ones living with their owners are not being slaughtered but rather being forced to get fixed to ensure that there are no future generations of this breed in Ontario. Curse the lame politicians!

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:06 pm

A tad off topic, but Aussie law- grey hounds must be muzzled in public
Image Image

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:14 am

Kyliedelonge wrote:A tad off topic, but Aussie law- grey hounds must be muzzled in public
grey hounds??? seriously??? Image

well, guess we should be happy they're not banned :lol:

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:33 am

Yup seriously. I doubt they would ever be banned- there's too much money in them. Unfortunately there are a lot that need refining once they can't race anymore. My uncle adopted one and he's the most placid dog ever.
Image Image

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:03 am

Kyliedelonge wrote:A tad off topic, but Aussie law- grey hounds must be muzzled in public
That is really sad, every greyhound I have been around has been so nice.

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:26 pm

:cry: I like greyhounds. Too bad they are treating them like how they're treating the pitbulls in Ontario right now