Forum Friendliness....Mk II

Everything about Tamaskan Dogs that does not fit within the other topics in this section.
nivenj
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Forum Friendliness....Mk II

Post by nivenj » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:52 am

Due to a malicious and petty action, the 17 pages of Concerns raised within the Forum Friendliness Topic have been deleted. I personally would like the person concerned to know that deleting the topic, does not delete the issue. We willl continue to raise our concerns, wether you like it or not, and rest assured that no one person is bigger than this community. In the interest of summary of the main concerns I have sent the following to the TDR committee as was asked for in the previous topic.

I would also like to point out that the Poll, which asked wether people support the view that secrets on the pedigree of the Tamaskan Breed should be kept from Owners, was at the time of deletion 28 votes against keeping secrets and 1 in favour.
The Question has been raised on numerous occasions on wether there is any recent wolf or wolf-hybrid content in the current Tamaskan Breeding stock.
It has been suggested that some lines within the Pedigree have Czech and or Saarloos Wolfdog, and in one particular case it is suggested that there
was indeed a pure wolf. It has long since been refuted that none of these rumors have any foundation in fact. We have therefore asked, time and time again
for evidence that the dogs being brought under scrutiny are indeed not as rumored. We were told that this information could not be given as people could use
the information to falsify pedigrees. This was also given as the reason why general access to the Tamaskan Database was not available.

We have now been informed that despite all previous denials to the contrary, there is no way of knowing exactly what Breed of dog the dogs used from Polar Speed actually were
and it is feasible that he was indeed using CSV's in his Breed. Based on this, there is a view that if the progeny of these dogs are in question then we cannot say with full
commitment that those dogs were and are wolf content free.

It is further been divulged that certain Breeds within the pedigree are indeed known, but due to some personal relationship with the owner, the Breeder will not divulge
what Breed of dog was used in that lineage. This further puts question and gives credence to the statements on Wolf content in the Breed and we would like to know what this Breed was
and if the Breeder in Question continues to refuse such information how the TDR view this?

What we want, is a clear and transparent view, not only for those of us that have Tamaskans, but potential future owners of the Breed, to be 100% clear
on wether there is the possibility that the dog they are taking home, could have recent wolf content. For this, I have requested that any pedigree that cannot provide
5 Generations of documented, verifiable pedigree, be tagged as a line that "could" contain wolf content, and this is clearly identified so that current and future owners
are fully aware of the potential risks.

We have further asked that All owners be given access to the Tamaskan Dog Database in order to further enforce the transparency.

All of these requests and questions have so far met with Stonewalling by Blustag and Blufawn, with accusations that we are trying to derail the breed, when in reality
we are trying to save the Breed and stop yet another split.

I would like to know what the TDR's stance is on all of these points and if they feel they can be resolved to the satisfaction of all concerned.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” --Aristotle *

wen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Forum Friendliness....Mk II

Post by wen » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:00 pm

well said.
"Mieux vivre avec votre chien"
Aide à l'éducation canine et réflexion sur les chiens dits "dangereux"

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:07 pm

NivenJ wrote:All of these requests and questions have so far met with Stonewalling by Blustag and Blufawn.
This is Absolutely NOT true. There is a small group of people here on the forum intent on trying to bring the breed down.
To ALL newcomers here to this thread. If you want to know anything about the breed's history as I am one of the founders
of the breed then email me at arcticbreeds@yahoo.co.uk and I will help you all I can.

Also newcomers please refer to the TDR website for all information on the breed. http://www.tamaskan-dog.com

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:10 pm

very well said!

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

wen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by wen » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:20 pm

Blustag wrote:There is a small group of people here on the forum intent on trying to bring the breed down
And that isn't it untrue ? the vast majority of the people intervening lately are saying again and again that they are only asking questions, looking for answers but are always confronted to this paranoia and seeing their posts locked or/and suppressed.

By the way if it was such a "small group" then how come the poll (deleted too) obtained a vast majority (around 30 to 1) asking for transparency ? Apparently, this "small group" isn't so small at all, and despite the anonyme way to vote, we didn't see the numerous people who were, according to you, complaining about all this debate.
"Mieux vivre avec votre chien"
Aide à l'éducation canine et réflexion sur les chiens dits "dangereux"

nivenj
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by nivenj » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:36 pm

Blustag wrote:There is a small group of people here on the forum intent on trying to bring the breed down.
Nothing could be further from the truth Lynn. I have nothing to gain and everything to lose by the downfall of the Breed. This is why I fight for the truth as only the truth will save the Breed in its current form and finally put to bed the frustrations and infighting. One day I hope you will realize this. You have helped develop an amazing Breed of Dog, and I am blessed every single day with Ayden. You have just somehow lost your way :(
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” --Aristotle *

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:40 pm

I think greater transparency would be a good thing and open access to the database would be a good start.

The only one I am split about revealing is Jodi. It would be good for the Tamaskan breed to have that information open, but then I think about the wishes of the other breeder involved. I don't know much about the dog world, but I do know that it can be very narrow minded and letting your dog mate with a mutt could ruin a breeder. The question is does the right of the Tamaskan owner to know the parentage of all dogs mean more than the right of the other breeder, especially if that knowledge could damage their reputation. I am guessing that the stud used to father Jodi is owned by someone not connected to Tamaskans so is it fair to potentially damage someone's reputation just to satisfy our need for information. Is there some compromise that could be reached on this? A statement from Lynn to say there is no wolf plus a DNA test to prove it? Plus either a list of wolf lookalike breeds not involved or a statement saying it is either X, Y or Z breed, to give an idea of what dog was involved, but still protecting the breeder. So ideally as a Tamaskan owner I would like to see all breed information available we do have to consider the rights of others as their feelings are just as important as ours. I am assuming that the dog being kept secret is owned by someone other than Lynn or Jenny.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:41 pm

answering peoples questions truthfully and honestly will do the breed more good than keeping things secret... it will strengthen the weak links in the chain people like them are trying to break because it will all be out and they will have nothing.

and people asking intelligent questions is not someone trying to destroy the breed but doing what list people do when buying a dog from any breeder...

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:45 pm

nivenj wrote:
Blustag wrote:There is a small group of people here on the forum intent on trying to bring the breed down.
Nothing could be further from the truth Lynn. I have nothing to gain and everything to lose by the downfall of the Breed. This is why I fight for the truth as only the truth will save the Breed in its current form and finally put to bed the frustrations and infighting. One day I hope you will realize this. You have helped develop an amazing Breed of Dog, and I am blessed every single day with Ayden. You have just somehow lost your way :(
I certainly havnt 'lost my way'. I have explained in details all I am going to. As stated previously anyone wanting any information
email me. I have all the time in the world for 'genuine' people.

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:53 pm

Edited and removed last posts, please refrain from personal 'attacks' or calling people out.

nivenj
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by nivenj » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:53 pm

Julie, I understand where you are coming from. However, if people are buying pups, in good faith, based on the understanding that they are buying a dog with a verifiable pedigree, to be sold a dog that has something other than what was expected, is not fair on the Owners either. Why was Jodie ever used as a breeding dog if there is embarassment on the pedigree behind her. If a Breeder agrees to keep this secret then they should be willing to refrain from using them to Breed as a consequence.

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:58 pm

I will say this again! Anyone wanting 'correct and honest' information email me as trying to explain things to some people on here
is like banging one's head against a brick wall so to speak.

nivenj
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by nivenj » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:59 pm

I have all the time in the world for 'genuine' people.
You are entitled to your opinion. My conscience is clear and am happy that everything I am saying is for the 'genuine' good of the Breed. I appreciate this may be at odds to 1 or 2 Breeders and for that I apologise, but as I have said, this is bigger than 1 or 2 Breeders.

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:24 pm

nivenj wrote:Julie, I understand where you are coming from. However, if people are buying pups, in good faith, based on the understanding that they are buying a dog with a verifiable pedigree, to be sold a dog that has something other than what was expected, is not fair on the Owners either. Why was Jodie ever used as a breeding dog if there is embarassment on the pedigree behind her. If a Breeder agrees to keep this secret then they should be willing to refrain from using them to Breed as a consequence.
I agree ideally full disclosure is better. I don't think it's embarrassment about Jodie's pedigree that is stopping the disclosure, but the stud used is from a breed with limited breeders so if the breed was announced even giving the dog a false mane the breeder would be easily identified. That is how I understand it. That is why I wondered if there would be a suitable compromise that would satisfy most people. Going forward I don't see a problem with using Jodie as long as potential owners are aware of the lack of information on parentage, it is up to them to decide if they want a Jodie pup or not.

Gaby
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Gaby » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:33 pm

JulieSmith wrote:Going forward I don't see a problem with using Jodie as long as potential owners are aware of the lack of information on parentage, it is up to them to decide if they want a Jodie pup or not.
Yes, they have to be aware of the lack of information on parentage and should be well informed about her character and the characters of the puppies before they can decide if they want a Jodie pup or not (and that counts for every Tamaskan, not only Jodie or Bodie or JJ puppies).

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:35 pm

Gaby wrote:
JulieSmith wrote:Going forward I don't see a problem with using Jodie as long as potential owners are aware of the lack of information on parentage, it is up to them to decide if they want a Jodie pup or not.
Yes, they have to be aware of the lack of information on parentage and should be well informed about her character and the characters of the puppies before they can decide if they want a Jodie pup or not (and that counts for every Tamaskan, not only Jodie or Bodie or JJ puppies).
To be honest that goes for buying any breed :)

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:27 pm

Since the original thread was deleted, I will have to repeat myself; which is OK, I suppose.

The portion in italics is what I have an issue with... Personally speaking, I do not have any connections with the Tamaskan world other than the fact that I am an avid fan of the breed (since 2008) and potential 'customer'. I have vested much time in my love for the breed and want nothing more than for it to succeed. That said, I would be considered an "outsider", an outside party, so to speak. Knowing that I have very little, to no connection to the Tamaskan beyond my obsession of the looks of the Tamaskan, how is it that [I'm] "trying to bring the breed down"?

If I wanted to bring the breed down, would I be continuing to fight for transparency in the breed? To move forward in a professional manner, there needs to be a past; that is, full disclosure in order to ensure (as much as possible) that dogs are put in danger due to these rumors. How would putting these rumors to rest, with solid proof and not just "I said these rumors are not true, so take my word for it. That's all the proof you need." In a court of law (no matter where), this is not a valid argument.

I understand the past is the past, but with these issues we're facing, it doesn't mean that everyone can turn a blind eye and act as if the past is not important. It IS important because it's our past experiences that make us who we are today and those experiences are also what will affect our future - I believe that's a proverb right there. ;)

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:34 pm

This small group of people she I'm sure she is talking about are the few trolls that have come from the 'The "No Wolf" Tamaskan History' Facebook page, not the members asking questions. Some have already been warned for their harassment, and because of one who trolled, someone let their emotions get to them which is when the original thread was deleted.

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:38 pm

HiTenshi16 wrote:
This small group of people she I'm sure she is talking about are the few trolls that have come from the 'The "No Wolf" Tamaskan History' Facebook page, not the members asking questions. Some have already been warned for their harassment, and because of one who trolled, someone let their emotions get to them which is when the original thread was deleted.
OK. Assuming that is true, then why would the entire thread need to be deleted? Surely the posts of the "trolls" could have been deleted/archived and the other concerns raised by members asking valid questions could have been retained?

This probably upsets me on the same amount as when I had 'revived' the Forum Friendliness thread after Lynn said she's working on a presentation of the dogs behind the Tamaskan Dog.

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:40 pm

The whole thread was deleted because they let their emotions get to the best of them, one does not think very clearly when they are so upset. Yes, they should have archived it/ deleted the harassing post so the other admins could discuss it, but it did not happen unfortunately.

Dallas
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Dallas » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:43 pm

OK. Assuming that is true, then why would the entire thread need to be deleted? Surely the posts of the "trolls" could have been deleted/archived and the other concerns raised by members asking valid questions could have been retained?

This probably upsets me on the same amount as when I had 'revived' the Forum Friendliness thread after Lynn said she's working on a presentation of the dogs behind the Tamaskan Dog.
I was wondering about that too. I mean I understand why certain comments were/and should be deleted in the future (foul language, etc) but some of the questions were interesting and I was looking forward to the answers.
Sad to see that the whole thread got deleted but I guess that can't be changed now.
Men who consistently leave the toilet seat up secretly want women to get up to go the bathroom in the middle of the night and fall in

nivenj
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by nivenj » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:44 pm

HiTenshi16 wrote:
I'm not so sure. After all, the subject matter of what the members asking questions are fundamentally the same as those who do so in a more argumentative way. As its the subject matter that is being referred to as the intention to bring the breed down, and not the manner in which it is raised, I certainaly feel as though I am being included in the statement :(

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:47 pm

HiTenshi16 wrote:The whole thread was deleted because they let their emotions get to the best of them, one does not think very clearly when they are so upset. Yes, they should have archived it/ deleted the harassing post so the other admins could discuss it, but it did not happen unfortunately.
I didnt know it had been deleted. Like I said before... we are two separate breeders with two separate lives and contrary to what people think we 'dont' live together but next door to each other. Im not going to go into personal life but just being heavily
pregnant and thinking you are trying to help everyone by being open and honest and it not working is enough for anyone to explode.
Perhaps some of you didnt read the posts to the end before they were deleted...they were disgusting.

nivenj
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by nivenj » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:47 pm

Dallas wrote:

I was wondering about that too. I mean I understand why certain comments were/and should be deleted in the future (foul language, etc) but some of the questions were interesting and I was looking forward to the answers.
Sad to see that the whole thread got deleted but I guess that can't be changed now.
In light of the ongoing posts now in flow i think we will get the answers we have been seeking so although the post being deleted was shocking, the aim of the post content to bring about this discussions seems to have been a success.

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:49 pm

JulieSmith wrote:I think greater transparency would be a good thing and open access to the database would be a good start.

The only one I am split about revealing is Jodi. It would be good for the Tamaskan breed to have that information open, but then I think about the wishes of the other breeder involved. I don't know much about the dog world, but I do know that it can be very narrow minded and letting your dog mate with a mutt could ruin a breeder. The question is does the right of the Tamaskan owner to know the parentage of all dogs mean more than the right of the other breeder, especially if that knowledge could damage their reputation. I am guessing that the stud used to father Jodi is owned by someone not connected to Tamaskans so is it fair to potentially damage someone's reputation just to satisfy our need for information. Is there some compromise that could be reached on this? A statement from Lynn to say there is no wolf plus a DNA test to prove it? Plus either a list of wolf lookalike breeds not involved or a statement saying it is either X, Y or Z breed, to give an idea of what dog was involved, but still protecting the breeder. So ideally as a Tamaskan owner I would like to see all breed information available we do have to consider the rights of others as their feelings are just as important as ours. I am assuming that the dog being kept secret is owned by someone other than Lynn or Jenny.
I agree, and this is the reason I did not bother to vote. Maybe the poll question should have been "should Lynn break her promise" or something along those lines.
Image Image

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:56 pm

Blustag wrote:
HiTenshi16 wrote:The whole thread was deleted because they let their emotions get to the best of them, one does not think very clearly when they are so upset. Yes, they should have archived it/ deleted the harassing post so the other admins could discuss it, but it did not happen unfortunately.
I didnt know it had been deleted. Like I said before... we are two separate breeders with two separate lives and contrary to what people think we 'dont' live together but next door to each other. Im not going to go into personal life but just being heavily
pregnant and thinking you are trying to help everyone by being open and honest and it not working is enough for anyone to explode.
Perhaps some of you didnt read the posts to the end before they were deleted...they were disgusting.
Blustag: Are you posting as Lynn or Jennie? I'm a bit confused. Mainly because of the part where you mentioned 'being heavily pregnant'. I'm assuming y'all are sharing a computer and Blustag hadn't logged out? :P (Disclaimer: This statement was not made in seriousness, but rather, in a friendly manner. :) )

Serious-content:
That last bit is true. I didn't get to read the posts to the end before the entire thread was deleted. If it was the last few posts, pages, certain posts, etc, whatever, then why couldn't just those posts get deleted? Whoever that deleted the entire thread, IMHO, made a very bad PR move...There was good discussion going on in the thread - something that I can only categorize as 'on the path to success'. It is an immense shame that the entire thread is now lost. :(

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:02 pm

Sometimes on a rare occasions Blufawn will be on my laptop and could be logged in as me but normally would log out first. She has
her own computer of course but the internet connection is acting up at the minute.

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:05 pm

Blustag wrote:
Just so you know, when I said 'they', I meant it to refer to one person without saying he/ she or their name. I'm sorry I was not more clear about that.

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:10 pm

No worries :D

nivenj
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by nivenj » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:13 pm

Kylievr wrote: I agree, and this is the reason I did not bother to vote. Maybe the poll question should have been "should Lynn break her promise" or something along those lines.
The wording was chosen to be relevant in the context of what was best in the interest of the Breed and not personal feelings.

Karen
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Karen » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:52 pm

HiTenshi16 wrote:
Bit weird to call all the people from that page trolls ?!
As I recall seeing before the thread got deleted, other person ( s) were name calling in a rather bad way as well.
And why are people trolls when they ask questions? Especially now it seems that it wasn't unfunded to ask questions?

As far as I can see, no one is trying to bring the breed down! But are merely trying to get answers and truth out so the breed can go on to the future on a clean slate.

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:10 pm

Karen wrote:Bit weird to call all the people from that page trolls ?!
I did not say everyone on that page are trolls, I only said a few. The ones that are the trolls were the ones who took pleasure in upsetting someone which lead to the thread being deleted, these people were warned for their actions.

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:43 pm

arianwenarie wrote: Serious-content:
That last bit is true. I didn't get to read the posts to the end before the entire thread was deleted. If it was the last few posts, pages, certain posts, etc, whatever, then why couldn't just those posts get deleted?
I agree, deleting the whole thing deleted a lot of good conversation and some people put a lot of hard work into putting questions up.
arianwenarie wrote: Whoever that deleted the entire thread, IMHO, made a very bad PR move...There was good discussion going on in the thread - something that I can only categorize as 'on the path to success'. It is an immense shame that the entire thread is now lost. :(

I also think it was a VERY bad PR move... This make me what to screen shot every controversial topic I post on. I think a change to who can delete the entire topic needs to be moved to one person... That being Debby as she owns the domain for this forum if I am not mistaken.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:52 pm

AZDehlin wrote:I also think it was a VERY bad PR move... This make me what to screen shot every controversial topic I post on. I think a change to who can delete the entire topic needs to be moved to one person... That being Debby as she owns the domain for this forum if I am not mistaken.
Don't worry. We have already discussed this behind the scenes. Clearly some people were trolling and goading for an emotional response, which they got and, as a result, Jennie got upset and deleted the topic. Since she has resigned from the TDR Committee, she is no longer an Admin (this is not a 'punishment' - she resigned of her own accord). Only members of the TDR Committee can be Forum Admins but do I think that all members of the TDR Committee should have the right to edit and delete posts as they feel necessary. IF we are in a position to be on the TDR Committee in the first place then surely we are professional and responsible enough to handle Forum Admin duties without the need to have only one person 'in control' of everything. It just so happens that I own and run the forum domain, but I don't want complete control and I wouldn't want anyone else to have complete control either if someone else was in my position. That is too much like a dictatorship and I am all for freedom of expression and limited censorship... we need to be mature enough to govern ourselves. Having others with Admin/Moderator duties (to delete / edit / move posts) also makes my life much easier - running this forum is a team effort and we all do our part. :)

BTW: if you are worried about your posts getting lost / deleted just save a backup copy in wordpad. ;)
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:09 pm

Sylvaen wrote:
AZDehlin wrote:I also think it was a VERY bad PR move... This make me what to screen shot every controversial topic I post on. I think a change to who can delete the entire topic needs to be moved to one person... That being Debby as she owns the domain for this forum if I am not mistaken.
Don't worry. We have already discussed this behind the scenes. Clearly some people were trolling and goading for an emotional response, which they got and, as a result, Jennie got upset and deleted the topic. Since she has resigned from the TDR Committee, she is no longer an Admin (this is not a 'punishment' - she resigned of her own accord). Only members of the TDR Committee can be Forum Admins but do I think that all members of the TDR Committee should have the right to edit and delete posts as they feel necessary. IF we are in a position to be on the TDR Committee in the first place then surely we are professional and responsible enough to handle Forum Admin duties without the need to have only one person 'in control' of everything. It just so happens that I own and run the forum domain, but I don't want complete control and I wouldn't want anyone else to have complete control either if someone else was in my position. That is too much like a dictatorship and I am all for freedom of expression and limited censorship... we need to be mature enough to govern ourselves. Having others with Admin/Moderator duties (to delete / edit / move posts) also makes my life much easier - running this forum is a team effort and we all do our part. :)

BTW: if you are worried about your posts getting lost / deleted just save a backup copy in wordpad. ;)
Thanks for your response... I see your point. I will just screenshot all controversial topics I comment on in case they go missing from now on.

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:19 pm

Sylvaen wrote:

Thanks for posting your thoughts on the matter, Debby. Much appreciated. It's just a shame that I didn't get a chance to save some stuff that I had wanted to...just because of a time difference. lol.