Just found this site, help, my puppy is from RPK

Everything about Tamaskan Dogs that does not fit within the other topics in this section.
moniquemolina2002
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Re: Just found this site, help, my puppy is from RPK

Post by moniquemolina2002 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:35 am

Awww I'm glad you guys like him! I find the heart super cute I'm just worried he won't look Wolfy at all XD

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:30 am

moniquemolina2002 wrote:Awww I'm glad you guys like him! I find the heart super cute I'm just worried he won't look Wolfy at all XD
I understand what you mean, some of the dogs from RPK don't look wolfish to many people since Kevin, knowing that no Tamaskan breeder is willing to sell a dog to him resorted to outcrossing with other mutts, but your pup is still adorable nonetheless and I hope you take good care of him ;)

wicca1
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by wicca1 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:50 pm

cute puppy :D

moniquemolina2002
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by moniquemolina2002 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:47 pm

Here he is a little older :) Still cant guess what he'll look like face-wise when older but hope that coloring will stay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:57 pm

Face looks a bit Mally, masking should darken a bit hopefully.

moniquemolina2002
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by moniquemolina2002 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:26 pm

HiTenshi16 wrote:Face looks a bit Mally, masking should darken a bit hopefully.
Hope so *fingers crossed*

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:52 pm

I keep wondering though as you keep mentioning it, you worry if he will look wolfy. What if he does not when he is older?

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:55 pm

Do you have any photos (or video) of his tail carriage?
In the last photo he is positioned so that he is sitting on it, which makes me believe that it might be quite curly (malamute tail).
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

moniquemolina2002
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by moniquemolina2002 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:56 pm

HiTenshi16 wrote:I keep wondering though as you keep mentioning it, you worry if he will look wolfy. What if he does not when he is older?

Doesnt matter, Ill still love him just as much. If i really cared that that much, I wouldnt get him. Even now, i still have time to back out and choose another dog.But I already love him and while I hope he does look like that because wolves are my dream animals, it wouldnt change my feelings for him one bit.

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:58 pm

moniquemolina2002 wrote:
HiTenshi16 wrote:I keep wondering though as you keep mentioning it, you worry if he will look wolfy. What if he does not when he is older?

Doesnt matter, Ill still love him just as much. If i really cared that that much, I wouldnt get him. Even now, i still have time to back out and choose another dog.But I already love him and while I hope he does look like that because wolves are my dream animals, it wouldnt change my feelings for him one bit.
That is good :D

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:54 pm

moniquemolina2002 wrote:

It's good to know that this unfortunate puppy will go to a loving home! :)
I've heard nothing good about the living conditions the dogs have at RPK, just be prepared that your pup might show fear towards other dogs, might eat it's own feces (as typical for puppy mill dogs as they never get enough nourishment), might take a great time to get house trained.
First thing you should do after getting your puppy is to go straight to the vet to get it checked through. It'll need it's vaccination shots too, since you might want to introduce your puppy to other dogs and people, as this is something your puppy probably has been gratly lacking; contact with people and -friendly- dogs.

I have no doubt that your puppy will bond fast and fairly well with you! I'll keep your fingers crossed that your pup's going to be on the healthier side of RPK pups that leave that place.

I know you'll love him :)
I got Monobi, my romanian shelter dog, 3 weeks ago (you can read more about him here: http://www.tamaskan-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3275) - when he arrived here, he was obviously traumatized from the long ride. He was very dirty and very smelly, has crusts on his face, was dehydrated and very fearful.

Now he's a total lovebug. He bonded super well with me, is easy around my flat, doesn't ever destryo a thing, was house broken in a whim, plays games with me (like tug-of-war), is affectionate (wakes me up with a soft facial expression and tail wags every day), loves to get belly rubs, is rather trainable which is special for a 8 months old dog which never had any human interaction before and is just all around great! He's still nervous outside and afraid of other dogs and vary of other people, but we get better each and every day with training, and making progression feels simply fantastic!

Keep us updated!

moniquemolina2002
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by moniquemolina2002 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:02 am

Tatzel wrote:I got Monobi, my romanian shelter dog, 3 weeks ago (you can read more about him here: http://www.tamaskan-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3275) - when he arrived here, he was obviously traumatized from the long ride. He was very dirty and very smelly, has crusts on his face, was dehydrated and very fearful.

Now he's a total lovebug. He bonded super well with me, is easy around my flat, doesn't ever destryo a thing, was house broken in a whim, plays games with me (like tug-of-war), is affectionate (wakes me up with a soft facial expression and tail wags every day), loves to get belly rubs, is rather trainable which is special for a 8 months old dog which never had any human interaction before and is just all around great! He's still nervous outside and afraid of other dogs and vary of other people, but we get better each and every day with training, and making progression feels simply fantastic!
Im so happy you are able to give that cutie a good home! And yes, i did admittedly toy with the idea of giving him back when I realized how RPK was and how he might not look wolfy but i had already fallen in love with him and I didnt want to give him back to a bad place. And even if a new owner got him, people can be irresponsible and abandon dogs if they are too much trouble-and RIkku might turn unhealthy. I, on the other hand, could never do that and I am equipped financially to give this puppy any and all medical care he might need, even expensive surgeries and since I had already fallen in love with him, i decided to keep him because i could give him both love and any medical care he might need. I was planning on going to the vet ASAP and introduce him slowly to people but he'd be mainly around myself, me best friend, and my long term bf at first. I really am hoping he'll turn out healthy, much more than i am hoping he'll be wolfy in all honesty. id rather have a healthy dog than an unhealthy "wolf", not for my sake, but his.

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:43 am

moniquemolina2002 wrote: Im so happy you are able to give that cutie a good home! And yes, i did admittedly toy with the idea of giving him back when I realized how RPK was and how he might not look wolfy but i had already fallen in love with him and I didnt want to give him back to a bad place. And even if a new owner got him, people can be irresponsible and abandon dogs if they are too much trouble-and RIkku might turn unhealthy. I, on the other hand, could never do that and I am equipped financially to give this puppy any and all medical care he might need, even expensive surgeries and since I had already fallen in love with him, i decided to keep him because i could give him both love and any medical care he might need. I was planning on going to the vet ASAP and introduce him slowly to people but he'd be mainly around myself, me best friend, and my long term bf at first. I really am hoping he'll turn out healthy, much more than i am hoping he'll be wolfy in all honesty. id rather have a healthy dog than an unhealthy "wolf", not for my sake, but his.
I don't want to judge your decision but hopefully you do realize that buying this pup is supporting RPK's business...

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:13 am

moniquemolina2002 wrote:

That's good :D Surprising how attached to a pup you get before it comes home isn't it ;)

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:54 pm

Rahne wrote: I don't want to judge your decision but hopefully you do realize that buying this pup is supporting RPK's business...
Honestly I do wonder why that place wasn't shut down a long while ago. I'm sure there were lots of complains and raised flags about RPK to all sort of animal care organisation, didn't anyone actually go and check that place out by now?? I mean from what I heard (dogs being crammed in dirty crates with no ground other than the cage floor, dirty kennels, overpopulation, inbreeding, starving dogs and puppies, malnutrition etc), this place would get shut down in a whim - at least if it was located in Germany. Are the animal care organisations around his place just lazy or what? Kind of upset by the lack of action being taken here...
Meanwhile Kevin sits in his chair laughing, because he thinks he's untouchable, and by the looks of it, he actually seems to be. This misery is only going to stop when Kevin's being stopped, and there are simply too many clueless people out there who still buy from him.

If anyone is put to blame for this puppy mill still running, it's executives and authorities not taking care of it.
Meanwhile, people get scammed into buying overpriced unhealthy mutt pups, and of course they don't want to step down from buying one, -especially- after finding out what sort of place RPK is. People have a heart, after all. They see a photo of their puppy, and they get attached to it, that's simply how it is, and Kevin makes use of that. Can't really blame moniquemolina2002 for not stepping down from taking the pup.

I hate how he actually offered a replacement for a puppy once when the owner adressed how unhappy they were about it's health - as if it's just a thing which you can replace, like a piece of furniture (doesn't he also make the people aware that he's probably going to cull them upon returnal or am I mixing something up here?). If anything, he should give partial or full refunds or pay the vet bills, but he's all about the money, so he'd rather send another dog instead of losing any of it. Sick!

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:21 pm

Tatzel wrote:If anyone is put to blame for this puppy mill still running, it's executives and authorities not taking care of it.
Meanwhile, people get scammed into buying overpriced unhealthy mutt pups, and of course they don't want to step down from buying one, -especially- after finding out what sort of place RPK is. People have a heart, after all. They see a photo of their puppy, and they get attached to it, that's simply how it is, and Kevin makes use of that. Can't really blame moniquemolina2002 for not stepping down from taking the pup.
Has a point... It's heartbreaking to not get a pup you have grown to love over the course of a few month... a few weeks would be no different but to voluntarily say "no i don't want it" would be impossible... I couldn't... Getting conned into buying a pup is no ones fault and i'm sure it would have been different if they had found out about it before they got attached to their pup.

If no one bought his pups, he would still breed them... but what would happen to them? I've heard (unconfirmed and no proof) he ships pups off to the same place over and over without any idea where they are going or what hands they are ending up in... This lucky one will have a happy life regardless :)

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

moniquemolina2002
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by moniquemolina2002 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:10 pm

Rahne wrote:
moniquemolina2002 wrote: Im so happy you are able to give that cutie a good home! And yes, i did admittedly toy with the idea of giving him back when I realized how RPK was and how he might not look wolfy but i had already fallen in love with him and I didnt want to give him back to a bad place. And even if a new owner got him, people can be irresponsible and abandon dogs if they are too much trouble-and RIkku might turn unhealthy. I, on the other hand, could never do that and I am equipped financially to give this puppy any and all medical care he might need, even expensive surgeries and since I had already fallen in love with him, i decided to keep him because i could give him both love and any medical care he might need. I was planning on going to the vet ASAP and introduce him slowly to people but he'd be mainly around myself, me best friend, and my long term bf at first. I really am hoping he'll turn out healthy, much more than i am hoping he'll be wolfy in all honesty. id rather have a healthy dog than an unhealthy "wolf", not for my sake, but his.
I don't want to judge your decision but hopefully you do realize that buying this pup is supporting RPK's business...

I mean I already paid long before. If I backed out now, he'd STILL keep the money and Id be leaving the dog there-or to another person who might care less (and who would also pay Kevin money so he'd profit double what he would have)

Aeiou
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Aeiou » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:30 pm

TerriHolt wrote: Thats the fb group i was trying to find... Do you guys have it hidden or something? :lol:
Yeah actually I think someone in the group was telling Kevin everything that was said and just making more drama if I remember right. I'm sure there's some other reasons as well into why it's a closed group.

As for knowingly buying a pup, sometimes you know in the back of your head but you want a puppy so bad that you don't listen to it as much as you should. And it can be a little hard at first to figure out whats truthful and whats not online. When people have their hearts set on something they arent deterred very easily. My husband was obsessed with getting an Am Tam even though I tried to talk him out of it but he wouldnt hear it, and eventually it got into me, and then I ignored it. I admit it was stupid but even though I have a consultation with a behavioralist and even any other problems that might arise, I still love my dog and I don't ever want to give him up.

Hiwatari
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Hiwatari » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:06 pm

Honestly I do wonder why that place wasn't shut down a long while ago. I'm sure there were lots of complains and raised flags about RPK to all sort of animal care organisation, didn't anyone actually go and check that place out by now?? I mean from what I heard (dogs being crammed in dirty crates with no ground other than the cage floor, dirty kennels, overpopulation, inbreeding, starving dogs and puppies, malnutrition etc), this place would get shut down in a whim - at least if it was located in Germany. Are the animal care organisations around his place just lazy or what? Kind of upset by the lack of action being taken here...
Meanwhile Kevin sits in his chair laughing, because he thinks he's untouchable, and by the looks of it, he actually seems to be. This misery is only going to stop when Kevin's being stopped, and there are simply too many clueless people out there who still buy from him.
Sadly, people have gone out. But he meet all that his state has for laws and that is it. However with meeting that, no one can do anything more then complain. That is why he kept telling me to open a kennel in NC. All you have to do is make sure their offered food (doesn't mean they have to eat), and that they have fresh water to drink. Until NC chages their laws on care for pets. Nothing can really be done.
If anyone is put to blame for this puppy mill still running, it's executives and authorities not taking care of it.

I hate how he actually offered a replacement for a puppy once when the owner adressed how unhappy they were about it's health - as if it's just a thing which you can replace, like a piece of furniture (doesn't he also make the people aware that he's probably going to cull them upon returnal or am I mixing something up here?). If anything, he should give partial or full refunds or pay the vet bills, but he's all about the money, so he'd rather send another dog instead of losing any of it. Sick!
Sadly if you back out. You get nothing. No money back and no puppy. But there have been a few you backed out. But that just means Kevin sold the same dog more then once. As far as I know, no one has gotten a replacement puppy as you have to send the dog back, or the paperwork of that dog having been put down and changed to their name in order to get another puppy. Most of the time, people don't even bother as they don't want to risk the same thing happening.

Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tarheel » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:28 pm

This is how the puppy mills scam you. They prey on your feelings and bank on you getting attached to the dog and won't want to return it. You don't even have the dog, and you are attached. Sometimes it is easier just to give up and loose your deposit as it will cost you much more money in the long run. People have fought RPK on getting their money back and won. You just need to be persistant. His guarentee is a joke. He claims to have Tamaskans and he acutally does not breed pure Tamaskans. They are mearly simply cross breeds without official papers or health testing. For all you know, he may be selling you a wolf hybrid.
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:34 pm

According to what I was told by Kelly of the Tamaskan Truth 2.0 group, apparently some lucky people who did get healthy dogs from RPK and left positive comments about him later got furious at those like Kelly herself and the others for speaking negatively about him so they then deleted their informations and left the group. Some of them are still in the American Tamaskan group though. Don't take my words though, this is just what I was told on facebook. However, I have seen some ironic twist in opinions going from positive to extremely negative, unsurprising to me, about RPK as well from some owners of Tamaskan wolfdogs who once defended him and now are standing up for themselves.

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:12 am

Any news?

TexJCCP
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by TexJCCP » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:19 pm

Hi, I am new to this site and am happy to have a tamaskan puppy, but I am in the same boat as the OP.

Im trying to figure out some info on rpk dogs so I know my dogs lines and pedigree. I love this dog and pray that he is healthy. I kno that by getting a dog from here it is keeping rpk going but it was too late when I found out the truth. Anybody with any knowledge of the dogs. Help would be appreciated!

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:31 pm

TexJCCP wrote:Hi, I am new to this site and am happy to have a tamaskan puppy, but I am in the same boat as the OP.

Im trying to figure out some info on rpk dogs so I know my dogs lines and pedigree. I love this dog and pray that he is healthy. I kno that by getting a dog from here it is keeping rpk going but it was too late when I found out the truth. Anybody with any knowledge of the dogs. Help would be appreciated!
Unfortunately, your puppy is not even a Tamaskan dog, but just an overpriced mix breed. When they first started breeding Tamaskans, they only started out with 3 Tamaskans (1 male and 2 sisters). The male has been rehomed, and one of the females died during a c-section, and since they have been breeding their offspring too each other and in the past couple years they have added other mixed breed dogs (husky or malamute mixes) which has diluted the Tamaskan in their "American Tamaskans".

Your pup might look the same, but the health can not be guaranteed and the temperaments will not be the same. The Tamaskan dog is now recognized by the American Rare Breed Association (ARBA), so even they will not recognize you pup as a Tamaskan Dog.

I really hope your pup stays healthy and nothing shows up in its life later. What ever questions you have, we will be happy to answer.

TexJCCP
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by TexJCCP » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:19 pm

One parent of my pup is denali and she is from mooseXsasha I believe. They were 2 of the 3 original tamaskans he had. The other parent is riley who looks more german shepardish. Someone on this thread said he was from tumbleXshadow i believe but i have no idea where they came from. So I guess my pup will be at least half tamaskan but who knows. Its great that the breed is being recognized! My next dog will be from a true tamaskan breeder. Wont fall for a trap like that again. Im gunna love my dog just as much though either way! Thanks for the good health wish hopefully it works!

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:35 pm

Tex, a friendly advice; try to get health care for your future pup, I'm afraid you might need it.
Please also get into contact with people from the "Tamaskan Truth 2.0" facebook page; they are all owners of RPK puppies, and they can confirm you that their vet costs reach into the thousands and might have advice for you how to deal with giardia and disgestive problems your pup might have (for months)!

I wish you and your future puppy all the best!