UC Davis test results summary

Everything about Tamaskan Dogs that does not fit within the other topics in this section.
Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

UC Davis test results summary

Post by Hawthorne » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:47 pm

A new member suggested that we start a thread to summarize the UC Davis test results. So if you own a dog who has been tested and wouldn't mind sharing those results in public please post here. No discussion, please just post the results. (fantastic idea, by the way!)

I have three Tams and none have been tested. However, siblings or parents of these dogs have been tested. I will leave it up to the owners to post.
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

Eventide
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Re: UC Davis test results summary

Post by Eventide » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:50 pm

I tried to upload Max's DM results but it's a pdf file, and says it's not allowed.

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:00 pm

Dottie wrote:I tried to upload Max's DM results but it's a pdf file, and says it's not allowed.
You can save a PDF as a JPG file and then upload it :)
DM results can be posted in this topic: http://www.tamaskan-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=260

AngieH
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by AngieH » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:24 am

Awaiting results for Paka and Fable... :)

Waiting... 8-) waiting... :? waiting... :roll:

-A
One's horizon shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.
~Nin

KRHert
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by KRHert » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:44 pm

I know not everyone believes this test to be 100% accurate. We had it done anyway since the wolf content in the Golden litter was believed to have come from a wolf from Alaska, which the test says it can pick up. Tika came back as dog, as in they couldn't find any recent wolf content. I know of one other puppy from the litter who was tested and came back with the same result.

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:47 pm

KRHert wrote:I know not everyone believes this test to be 100% accurate. We had it done anyway since the wolf content in the Golden litter was believed to have come from a wolf from Alaska, which the test says it can pick up. Tika came back as dog, as in they couldn't find any recent wolf content. I know of one other puppy from the litter who was tested and came back with the same result.
Thanks for sharing! So that's 2 negative and 1 positive for recent wolf content from the 'Golden' litter.

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:11 pm

also

Two negative from Jackal/Heidi
One positive from Skye/Nevada
>> Nino <<

juice
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by juice » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:06 am

positive on skye nevada which is who lexi is out of so i guess i should do the test incase i need to export,but saying that it would need to be the pups that were tested for exporting right. any info on zuul dingo that have been tested, just curious as this is who alaska (bluwfawn raves child) is out of. i might end up with three wolves instead of dogs (joking) and i could turn into a zoo :D :D

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:59 pm

juice wrote:positive on skye nevada which is who lexi is out of so i guess i should do the test incase i need to export,but saying that it would need to be the pups that were tested for exporting right. any info on zuul dingo that have been tested, just curious as this is who alaska (bluwfawn raves child) is out of. i might end up with three wolves instead of dogs (joking) and i could turn into a zoo :D :D
if you test your bitch - and the dog is tested too - and both is clear, you ought not need to test the pups..
>> Nino <<

AngieH
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by AngieH » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:12 am

Paka and Fable tested "DOG". :D

But we are suprizes and a little dissapointed. We thought for sure they were angels. :twisted: 8-)

-A
One's horizon shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.
~Nin

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:04 am

Congratulations for you all :D

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:18 pm

Anymore test results?

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:31 pm

Blustag updated the Tamaskan facebook page, saying 2 Tamaskans were tested which according to her came back with negative results for wolf content.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... tif_t=like

She also states the following:
Several others have told us (although proof has not been seen and tests won't have been done independantly) that dogs of the same lines have tested positive for wolf content, this proves that either those tests were falsified or these tests are not accurate.
I find it a bit hypocritical to demand proof of the test results while she still has to show her's.
I also find it outright ridicolous to dismiss the positive test results as either falsified or unaccurate, saying that because there are positive test results, that this is prove itself they are fake. What flawed logic is this? It proves absolutely nothing at all.

susann
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by susann » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:18 pm

Any of the other Silver litter been tested?
How do I do to get the swab kit? I want to have Maccon tested.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:20 pm

Tatzel wrote:Blustag updated the Tamaskan facebook page, saying 2 Tamaskans were tested which according to her came back with negative results for wolf content.

Several others have told us (although proof has not been seen and tests won't have been done independantly) that dogs of the same lines have tested positive for wolf content, this proves that either those tests were falsified or these tests are not accurate.
I find it a bit hypocritical to demand proof of the test results while she still has to show her's.
I also find it outright ridicolous to dismiss the positive test results as either falsified or unaccurate, saying that because there are positive test results, that this is prove itself they are fake. What flawed logic is this? It proves absolutely nothing at all.
Well, their logic on this amuses me...

People have either falsified or it's soooo inaccurate because they got 2 negatives... out of 100's of dogs... This is like trying to determine what % of a country has a deadly disease... Test 2 people and they turn out deadly disease negative then say "well, this country is clear, 2 people tested negative"... Ridiculous :roll:

Need more of a % to be tested and even that won't change the original results...

One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:23 pm

Let's not mention that there are no false positives...but there ARE false negatives. ;)

Ryphen
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Ryphen » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:48 pm

It's also kind of amusing that the fact that littermates can test differently depending on what markers the parents are carrying seems to have eluded them. If we did genotyping at the company I work at like that, hilarity would ensue. Not to mention going out of business.

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:27 am

Tatzel wrote:Blustag updated the Tamaskan facebook page, saying 2 Tamaskans were tested which according to her came back with negative results for wolf content.

Yeah everyone's been discussing this on facebook for a while now. Lynn's lies and hypocritical demand of proof from others is one of the reasons, but not the only, why she had accumulated many enemies even before RPK came into the picture and now most of us here including myself, having finally been defogged from her misty clouds after that drama, know why. :roll:

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:34 am

arianwenarie wrote:Let's not mention that there are no false positives...but there ARE false negatives. ;)
Ryphen wrote:It's also kind of amusing that the fact that littermates can test differently depending on what markers the parents are carrying seems to have eluded them. If we did genotyping at the company I work at like that, hilarity would ensue. Not to mention going out of business.
My my, they have misunderstood quite a bit (conveniently to suit them)... BTW, i like the comments on the fb page, i just can't 'like' them or comment (it's mildly irritating been silenced, however, it's down right annoying not been able to show appreciation to those who speak sense ;) )...

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:37 am

Here's the long version for those interested...

http://oi47.tinypic.com/2sahuv6.jpg

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:01 pm

It's also frustrating to see some of the people on that other forum are still under Lynn's spell at this time. Gah, well I'm hoping at some point something will eventually happen again over there and then more of those following her now will realize that there's is a suspicious scent about the informations she's feeding them.

She may think that she can control everything happening on that forum for now but she knows that we're on her tail as well. :evil:

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:33 pm

Tiantai wrote:It's also frustrating to see some of the people on that other forum are still under Lynn's spell at this time.

Yeah, it's kinda irritating. To be fair, I did defend Blustag unprofounded before when someone on dA claimed that Tamaskans are part wolf. I believed her :/
Really shitty she missused everyone's trust like that.

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Valravn » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:34 pm

Tatzel wrote:
Tiantai wrote:It's also frustrating to see some of the people on that other forum are still under Lynn's spell at this time.

Yeah, it's kinda irritating. To be fair, I did defend Blustag unprofounded before when someone on dA claimed that Tamaskans are part wolf. I believed her :/
Really shitty she missused everyone's trust like that.
Same. I feel like such an idiot now…

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:55 pm

Valravn wrote: Same. I feel like such an idiot now…

Aww ff, don't be! There is nothing idiotic about having good faith in people an wanting to defend them!

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:41 pm

Tatzel wrote:
Valravn wrote: Same. I feel like such an idiot now…

Aww ff, don't be! There is nothing idiotic about having good faith in people an wanting to defend them!
That is quite true :D I defended her and jennie until my fingers went numb from typing in various places (the reason it upset me when she first turned on me before everything came out, when she made things up about me when she decided to not sell lynx and lied to cover that fact)... I do believe DA was one of the places too... They got us all, each and everyone of us... But in our defense we haven't followed her to the other forum :mrgreen: See, we have smarts ;)

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:16 pm

As the discussion on the Tamaskan facebook page carries on I realized that I yet have to see any of the test results? Like people state that dogs came out positive, but I haven't really seen anything to back that up? (an now I'm afraid that I'm falling for the same thing again; just believing what I was told without any proof to wether those statements are true and correct)

Is anyone willed to put up their UC Davis test papers where it says the dog is positive for wolf markers?

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:21 pm

When I get my two tested, I am willing to post up the results on here.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:45 pm

Tatzel wrote:As the discussion on the Tamaskan facebook page carries on I realized that I yet have to see any of the test results? Like people state that dogs came out positive, but I haven't really seen anything to back that up? (an now I'm afraid that I'm falling for the same thing again; just believing what I was told without any proof to wether those statements are true and correct)

Is anyone willed to put up their UC Davis test papers where it says the dog is positive for wolf markers?
I have seen digital copies of the test results (both positive and negative) - a couple of people (with positive results) have requested that we don't publish the document since they live in places where wolfdogs are not allowed and it could put their dogs at risk... but I hope that the others (living in places where wolfdogs ARE allowed) would be willing to share copies of those positive test results.
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:34 pm

Sylvaen wrote: I have seen digital copies of the test results (both positive and negative) - a couple of people (with positive results) have requested that we don't publish the document since they live in places where wolfdogs are not allowed and it could put their dogs at risk... but I hope that the others (living in places where wolfdogs ARE allowed) would be willing to share copies of those positive test results.
Oh, that is really too bad :(
Wouldn't it be possible to just black out the names of the dogs and the owners?
I can understand if that is still too risky though.
What a shame, they have to lie about their own dogs because otherwise they're at risk losing them.

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:48 pm

Tatzel wrote:
Sylvaen wrote: I have seen digital copies of the test results (both positive and negative) - a couple of people (with positive results) have requested that we don't publish the document since they live in places where wolfdogs are not allowed and it could put their dogs at risk... but I hope that the others (living in places where wolfdogs ARE allowed) would be willing to share copies of those positive test results.
Oh, that is really too bad :(
Wouldn't it be possible to just black out the names of the dogs and the owners?
I can understand if that is still too risky though.
What a shame, they have to lie about their own dogs because otherwise they're at risk losing them.
I don't think there's a way to black out information and not have people able to deduce the results for a certain dog. With the public database, someone can track down a specific dog by registration number, DOB, gender, etc. Plus, people who have been following the "wolf controversy" know which bloodlines to look in, which narrows it down even further. :|

While it would be nice to see the positive test results, I don't feel it's worth the risk of the lives of the dogs and the repercussions their family might have to face.

Will the negative results be posted in the database sometime in the future?

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:51 pm

arianwenarie wrote:Will the negative results be posted in the database sometime in the future?
I think that is a good idea! (and the positive results too, if the owners give permission)

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:54 pm

I'm going to test my two as soon as I can spare the money. Both have siblings who have tested positive, so they might test positive too. I will be making the results public, whether they are negative or positive.

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:56 pm

Sylvaen wrote:
arianwenarie wrote:Will the negative results be posted in the database sometime in the future?
I think that is a good idea! (and the positive results too, if the owners give permission)
What I'm a little bit worried on that is if a litter where there are siblings who tested positive and some testing negative, then even if the negative ones are put up and not the positive ones, it might slightly allude that the ones that were not put up were positive to some people considering IF one of or both the parents were known to be wolf-content positive.

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:48 pm

Tiantai wrote:
Sylvaen wrote:
What I'm a little bit worried on that is if a litter where there are siblings who tested positive and some testing negative, then even if the negative ones are put up and not the positive ones, it might slightly allude that the ones that were not put up were positive to some people considering IF one of or both the parents were known to be wolf-content positive.
Yes, but if results aren't posted for the dogs that tested positive, then there's really no solid proof, right? Logical deductions and observations don't hold in court. ;) Hard evidence, however, does...

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:43 pm

I have a negative test.. that I would be willing to be put in the database.. but considering that she is not usable as a breeding dog it does not really matter..

I also know of at least a couple of positive and negative results too who are related to my dog
>> Nino <<

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:18 pm

Nino wrote:I have a negative test.. that I would be willing to be put in the database.. but considering that she is not usable as a breeding dog it does not really matter..

I also know of at least a couple of positive and negative results too who are related to my dog
It's still good info to know - the more useful data we have on the database, the better. :)
It could come in handy, you never know! ;)
Maybe one day when there are 5000 Tams in the database, we'll have a search function for wolf content (to look up dogs that have been tested by UC Davis), DM status (to look up clear dogs or carrier dogs, or just all the dogs that have been tested), hip scored (listing all the dogs that have been officially hip scored, with verified results) etc.

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:43 pm

Here's a positive test, Heidi x Bodie pup (names etc. are blacked out for obvious reasons):
DDT4803.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:48 pm

A huge thank you to the owner for allowing it to be posted...

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:56 pm

Rahne wrote:Here's a positive test, Heidi x Bodie pup (names etc. are blacked out for obvious reasons):
DDT4803.jpg
Someone should post that on the Tamaskan facebook page and rub it into their faces :v
It probably would get deleted within seconds or minutes, but yeaah

Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Hawthorne » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:30 pm

So does this paperwork confirm that the content came from the sire's side? Because the Maternal lineage says "dog"?
Thanks.
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:10 pm

Tatzel wrote:
Rahne wrote:Here's a positive test, Heidi x Bodie pup (names etc. are blacked out for obvious reasons):
DDT4803.jpg
Someone should post that on the Tamaskan facebook page and rub it into their faces :v
I don't think that'll be a good idea...stuff like this will go viral on FB and could become uncontrollable. I'm sure the owner who graciously allowed the results to be posted would not want that. It's a trust thing. ;)

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:13 pm

Hawthorne wrote:So does this paperwork confirm that the content came from the sire's side? Because the Maternal lineage says "dog"?
Thanks.
I think...since females are XX, then they can't determine whether the Y chromosome has wolf markers present...? That is, a female wouldn't have a Y chromosome! :lol: Hence why I think it says "Not Applicable" under "Paternal Lineage".

^the above is just my own theory...if someone knows for sure, then please, do share. :D

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:48 pm

arianwenarie wrote:
Tatzel wrote:
DDT4803.jpg
I don't think that'll be a good idea...stuff like this will go viral on FB and could become uncontrollable. I'm sure the owner who graciously allowed the results to be posted would not want that. It's a trust thing. ;)
Oh, I thought since it showed up here that meant it was okay to be posted all around the internet.
Wouldn't have posted it myself though.

Hopefully in the near future someone who gets their dogs tested positive can make the test public without the need to black out anything.

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:11 pm

The owner gave me permission to post it on the forum, did not mention Facebook, so better not post it anywhere else unless the owner tells me it is ok ;)

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:43 am

Yeah, better not.

KRHert
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by KRHert » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:04 pm

If you read on UC Davis' website it talks about the 4 different ways they test for the wolf markers. So depending on how they detected the markers probably has something to do with how the results are shown (ie. maternal dog, paternal N/A)

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:40 pm

arianwenarie wrote:
Hawthorne wrote:So does this paperwork confirm that the content came from the sire's side? Because the Maternal lineage says "dog"?
Thanks.
I think...since females are XX, then they can't determine whether the Y chromosome has wolf markers present...? That is, a female wouldn't have a Y chromosome! :lol: Hence why I think it says "Not Applicable" under "Paternal Lineage".

^the above is just my own theory...if someone knows for sure, then please, do share. :D
I have to agree here.. my bitch have the same writing on her paper's although she is non-carrier of the markers..
I think this have to do with the sex of the dog not weather it comes from mother or father..
>> Nino <<

KRHert
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by KRHert » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:06 pm

Good point Nino, that makes sense since she wouldn't have a Y chromosome

claireyclaire
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by claireyclaire » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:05 pm

Can you remind me how you go about testing your dog?
“You can take the dog out of the Wolf Pack, But you can't take the Wolf Pack out of the dog"

Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tarheel » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:34 pm

In order to test your dog, you must go to the UC Davis Lab website and order their test.
http://www.vgl.ucdavis.edu/ from their go to:
http://www.vgl.ucdavis.edu/services/wolf.php and order the wolf hybrid test.
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders