Blustag puppies?

Everything about Tamaskan Dogs that does not fit within the other topics in this section.
Misaya
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Blustag puppies?

Post by Misaya » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:05 pm

Looks like Lynn is selling pups again under another name (JC apparently is someone called Jane Chinnery).

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/ ... ppies.html
- Fiona -

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Blustag puppies?

Post by HiTenshi16 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:09 am

Oh dear :( seems she is still having trouble making profit under her dogs.

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:09 am

So sad, do those poster places really attract good owners or just people to lazy to do their research?

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:45 am

wow... it looks like she's copying RPK now (by using a fake identity to sell puppies)... :shock:
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:45 am

Even AFTER she was caught doing this a couple times last year and she STILL goes selling on Pre-love?! :evil:
She seriously deserves to be locked away with RPK! :x

Misaya
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Misaya » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:34 am

AZDehlin wrote:So sad, do those poster places really attract good owners or just people to lazy to do their research?
I guess it can go either way. Someone contacted me to ask about it. They had already contacted 'JC' (which is how I know the name is Jane Chinnery) and were told the pups would be TDR registered. The lady who e-mailed me wanted to know if it was a scam or if they were genuine Tamaskans. Obviously I explained the situation and gave her appropriate links, but at the end of the day other than the Blus, there is no-one actively breeding in the UK at the moment (other than Alba), so I'm afraid they will continue to sell their puppies :cry:
- Fiona -

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:58 am

Misaya wrote: Obviously I explained the situation and gave her appropriate links, but at the end of the day other than the Blus, there is no-one actively breeding in the UK at the moment (other than Alba), so I'm afraid they will continue to sell their puppies :cry:
:(

Well whether the other UK Tamaskan breeders are breeding or not at present is not really relevant. I can see that all of the current TDR breeeders are striving to better the breed and are undoubtfully putting a lot and thus being better than the Blu duo. The UK TDR breeders aren't puppy millers and obviously are not going to waste time competing with those two, who took off after being confronted with evidences of deceptions, on selling puppies seeing what they have resorted to doing now.

The sad truth though is that the Blus have always taken things way too far and it's veru disheartening seeing that they have now turned to this risky online selling method because they know that a LOT of people have learned of their true colours. Selling through Pre-love isn't going to make Blustag and Blufawn look any better than RPK. Quite the opposite, really :roll:

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:09 am

I decided to take this screenshot for future references/evidences, just in case they change their minds and decide to delete this!
Shows you cannot get away with scamming people online :evil:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nimwey
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Nimwey » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:21 am

Obviously some lies in the description - since they DO have "wolf or wolfdog in them", and they're hardly registered with the TDR?
Mother Nature does not rule by fear and anger, but by calm strength and assertiveness - Cesar Millan

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:23 pm

Nimwey wrote:Obviously some lies in the description - since they DO have "wolf or wolfdog in them", and they're hardly registered with the TDR?
Lynn and Jennie are still registering their crossbreeds with their pretend old TDR unfortunately.

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:45 am

Well, at least the first picture they posted isn't in their favour. The dog on that photo looks fearful

Cynthia
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Cynthia » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:46 pm

Thanks for posting this, we are looking for a Tamaskan and were very happy to hear that one is available right away. Luckily Lynn gave a very bad vibe and after some research we came across this thread. She tried to sell the last one for 1000 gbp to us..

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:18 pm

Happy for you for listening to that bad vibe, and doing your research! Can only hope others will do the same.

Lynwae
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Lynwae » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:20 am

The dog in the first pic is Geri.
Ayla's mum.

mark3691
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by mark3691 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:31 pm

Hi guys,

Do you mind providing a bit of background information about this thread. My partner and I are on a waiting list for a litter due early next year but now I'm having second thoughts after seeing this thread.

It was Jennie that told us to come on here and ask opinion about her from you guys.

Are we making a mistake?

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:53 pm

I wouldn't buy a puppy from them. Their dogs are not well kept (from the sounds of it) and they have had several puppies that have failed their hips to the point of severe HD. They have bred fathers to daughters and lied about parentage on several occasions. Several of their "tamaskans" are husky X mal mixes. I would check out the rest of this forum. Here are some important posts to read:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3160
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3169 (since they say they are the TDR, Lynn was removed from the TDR because of her sketchy breeding practices and jennie resigned)
viewforum.php?f=87 (read blustag and blufawn)

Hopefully this helps you and you can draw your own conclusions.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

mark3691
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by mark3691 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:58 pm

I really appreciate the quick reply.

Thank you.

Mark

Karen
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Karen » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:38 pm

mark3691 wrote: It was Jennie that told us to come on here and ask opinion about her from you guys.
Anybody else thinks this is weird?

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:43 pm

Karen wrote:
mark3691 wrote: It was Jennie that told us to come on here and ask opinion about her from you guys.
You're not alone on that one...I had to re-read this sentence a couple times to make sure I didn't misread it. :?

Link9
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Link9 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:16 pm

I got my puppy from them this year. Obviously i can't comment about them breeding related dogs etc and i only found this forum after buying my puppy so after reading some of the post on here about what has gone on i may have changed my mind. However i was very impressed with how helpful Lynn was and her dogs where all beautiful, friendly and in great condition. I can't say i wasn't disappointed about about the whole registered with the TDR situation but i would never change my little bundle of cheekiness for anything in the world now that i have him.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Tana
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Tana » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:45 pm

He is so sweet :)

Karen
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Karen » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:51 pm

arianwenarie wrote:
Karen wrote:
You're not alone on that one...I had to re-read this sentence a couple times to make sure I didn't misread it. :?
Maybe them meant their own forum instead of this one?

Eventide
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Eventide » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:02 am

He's a cutie no matter where you got him, and I'm sure he's well loved.

Karen
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Karen » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:10 am

Everybody loves their dogs. I have 2 dogs from Lynn, and they are great!

Just keep in mind that all they have told you and what you see on your dogs papers, might not be the truth.
Sad but true

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:17 pm

I got a dog from Lynn in late 2010

I loved her to death and she was surely one of the most important things that have ever happened in my life.
I was told she was from the mating with the mother Heidi at Blustag and the father Jackal at Blustag.
I was hoping to breed her and Lynn (Blustag) was aware of this prior to me buying her (I didn't put down a deposit I bought her with the entire amount when there was a litter).

I had problems with housetraining her, and I tell you I certainly did my best, took her out every few hours, was up every night for the first year, at which time I finally could trust she would tell if she needed to go out and would only have accidents when left home alone (she suffered from "mild" separation anxiety).
I also had problems with her in new situations, she was afraid of strange things, noises and men from the start, clearly had problems that shown that she had not been socialized well enough from the start. Which probably makes sense when the breeder had 4 litters of dogs on the same time and more than 30 pups (if I remember correctly).

In June/July 2012 I had her checked at the vet.
We got her DNA sent in to the company taking care of the Tamaskan Dog Registers DNA, we also had her hips and elbows x-rayed and sent to BVA.
We got the DNA result back and it showed that Heidi at Blustag was indeed the mother of my Tamaskan, however her father was not Jackal at Blustag, but rather Rann (another male whom neither Blustag nor Blufawn owned), and the owner of him could confirm that Blustag had cared for him (due to her health) around the time of conceiving of the litter, she however did not know he had been used for that mating. 3 other females from the same litter later tested positive as being offspring of Heidi and Rann too.

The worst part however was the result we got back from BVA. The elbows were good (0/0) but the hips were terrible, 62 (if I remember correctly added together) which is the result of severe hip dysplasia. I unfortunately know of at least one other dog who have hips worse than my dog, from Blustag/Blufawn too.

When contacting Blustag for the official papers because of this (both hips and dna) she refused to do so.

In conclusion my girl should and would never have been bred, she neither had the temperament that should be used for breeding nor the health that was good enough.
This year as we moved her separation anxiety leaped from mild to severe, she started stressing, barking, howling along with the accidents inside (it was a matter of when one came home we would look for the accidents as the first thing after letting the dogs out when we came home). She then was in a situation in the spring where a small dog was aggressive towards her and she bit the dog and the dog had an open bleeding wound, after that she became scared and protective of dogs, specially small ones (despite having been going to dog parks for her entire life) and we no longer could take her to strange dogs in fear of what would happen to her or them.
She ultimately also started losing weight, a problem she was not equipped well for as she was too skinny already due to being a light eater.
It was also talked that her entire behaviour problems could also be based in her being in pain all the time due to her hips, and with pain meds and other meds to help her which didn't we ultimately had to put her to sleep this May only 2½ year old.

I loved my dog to death, and it hurt me and still hurts me a lot that she had to be pts. so young when she ought to have lived a long and happy life with me.
However in retrospect would I ever have bought and paid the 1350 GBP for her if I had known what I and she would go through together? No I would not..
And I would never get a dog from these people again, nor would I advise anyone else to get from them and have to go through the same hurt that I did, with the knowledge that it might very well happen, and that it would make room for yet another litter of dogs with these people.
I would rather step away from my deposit money than go through these kinds of problems again.
>> Nino <<

jodiebug
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by jodiebug » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:26 pm

I have a Blufawn pup. I registered with this forum just before buying Bear from Jenny to do some research on the breed and breeders after seeing the advert on preloved (no I am not too lazy to do my research I just tend not to believe everything I read over the internet and I like to make up my own mind, I also consider myself a good owner as I'm sure a lot of people who buy dogs on preloved are). Bear is a pup from the Winnie and Maverick litter and she was honest about the parents of Winnie and Mav and that Bear (Blufawn Pubert Adams) isn't a perfect example of the breed. When we arrived to pick Bear up the pups were all playing in the garden and we saw both Winnie and Mav. She also showed us a few other dogs and some animals from around their smallholding. I have to say all dogs and animals looked happy, healthy and well cared for and we are so impressed with Bear. He's 9 months and has made our family very happy. He's well behaved in the house and when out he's always getting stopped for fuss and cuddles and gets complimented on his great temperament. He's good with children and other dogs and Jenny and Lynn are always happy to help with training advice etc. To compare Jenny and Lynn to people who run puppy mills is a bit extreme.

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:24 pm

jodiebug wrote:I have a Blufawn pup. I registered with this forum just before buying Bear from Jenny to do some research on the breed and breeders after seeing the advert on preloved (no I am not too lazy to do my research I just tend not to believe everything I read over the internet and I like to make up my own mind, I also consider myself a good owner as I'm sure a lot of people who buy dogs on preloved are). Bear is a pup from the Winnie and Maverick litter and she was honest about the parents of Winnie and Mav and that Bear (Blufawn Pubert Adams) isn't a perfect example of the breed. When we arrived to pick Bear up the pups were all playing in the garden and we saw both Winnie and Mav. She also showed us a few other dogs and some animals from around their smallholding. I have to say all dogs and animals looked happy, healthy and well cared for and we are so impressed with Bear. He's 9 months and has made our family very happy. He's well behaved in the house and when out he's always getting stopped for fuss and cuddles and gets complimented on his great temperament. He's good with children and other dogs and Jenny and Lynn are always happy to help with training advice etc. To compare Jenny and Lynn to people who run puppy mills is a bit extreme.
While I'm not here to spark an argument or any drama, I do want to note that most of the comparisons made between Lynn and notorious puppy millers as you have mentioned and from what I had seen on the original facebook debate group before it was taken down were based on pedigree forgeries that the Blus had done a lot. In one case, Lynn and Jennie both made up a fictitious dam name Foxy to cover up a back-to-back mating case with Nevada, which was the catalyst that made me forever lose my trust in the duo. However, I do not try to stop people from buying from the Blus or any controversial breeders and I am happy to see that you are also questioning the things that you read and forming your own opinion. One must question everything they read and decide for themselves. I am only sharing what I am aware of and what I have seen happened here and on facebook years ago.

In addition, I also once had a conversation with a former owner, who once lived in my province (unfortunately she passed away this summer), of one of the dogs she got from Lynn. She faced massive behavioural issues that were similar to those experienced by previous owners of Bear and also told me that she had communicated with other owners who also bought dogs from the same litter as hers who had similar experiences. When the owners made public about it though such as symptoms of SA, Lynn often blamed them or made excuses, well that's what they claimed in the facebook group. But I am glad that your dog is happy with you and hope that it grows up healthy. Although I do want to urge everyone to be careful when dealing with the duo. They have demonized a lot of people in the past who once worked closely with them in developing the breed.

Lofnorsk
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Lofnorsk » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:22 am

I joined this forum today as I was about to phone to go and view some puppies. I joined to do further research before contacting the breeder. It turns out the breeder I was about to contact is the subject of this thread. I am very disappointed as I have wanted a Tamaskan for a few years now. Without this thread though, I could have landed in hot water. Many thanks.

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:13 pm

:mrgreen: good!
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

rhadamant
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by rhadamant » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:19 am

I can be found most nights frequenting several dog parks that my dogs love. Last week a couple came into the park, without a dog, only to talk to me. They had put a deposit on an RPK puppy only to realize after the fact that it was a scam and they were forgers. I don't believe they even got their deposit back. How is what they're doing even remotely legal? Do animal protection laws need to be updated? I know one of them was caught forging documents, but there's not to be a half dozen other things they're doing to put them away. I ought to go buy some lawyers beer while picking their brains.

Also recently a picture of a Tamaskan popped up on Imgur and Reddit (two extremely popular sites for the uninitiated) and a lot of people were commenting about how they wanted to get a Tamaskan. I immediately posted as much succinct information as I could about RPK and other fraudulent breeders, but as the breed gets more popular, so will RPKs profits I suspect.

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:49 pm

Yeah my roomie and I saw the picture on reddit and just sighed. We both know an RPK dog when we see them. For those who are wondering I can't find the image but think Roxy with a darker mask. He was pretty big too so he probably was mixed with one of his "wolfdogs" lol :roll:

I have never gotten my deposit back from Kevin, but I'm done trying. Paypal says that I can't at this point so to stop filing reports with them (I filed 11 lol).
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters