Rehoming 8 year old female (spayed) Tamaskan Bulstag

Everything about Tamaskan Dogs that does not fit within the other topics in this section.
annah
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Rehoming 8 year old female (spayed) Tamaskan Bulstag

Post by annah » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:01 pm

Evening All

I am hoping some of you can help me! I am looking for a rescue center for my beloved dog Tia. i am in the UK south east (Kent) and contacting as many rescue centers as possible who may be able to help. So far no luck and my breeder Bulstag is not interested!

Our issue is Tia has bitten twice, not aggressively but through negligence of others who thought it was suitable to approach her without taking precaution. This happened many years ago and since we have not had any incidents, but I like to be honest and open.

I have rung multiple rescue centers and as soon as they ask about any bite history and I disclose they shut the door. Tia is wonderful and it breaks my heart to have to move her on but she needs a home where people are at home, experienced handlers hat can help her with her separation anxiety. :|

Tias separation anxiety has been going on for years at least half her life, we have spent £$£$£$£ on behaviorist, training you name it but to no avail and we are at work all day and she just hates being alone. i know she should not be left that long no dog should be we have no family to help only on the odd occasion so its not sustainable :( . Here is the advert it have outlining exactly the problem.

ADVERT

With great reluctance due to change in work commitments Tia’s owners are unable to provide her with the time she greatly needs and are on a quest to fine her a loving retirement home where she can spend the rest of her days going on walks, relaxing, having lots of cuddles and playing in the garden.

Tia is a very loving, intelligent and entertaining character. She is an amazing dog for people that understand and have good experience with large breeds. Tia has moderate energy so will enjoy a semi- active home; Tia loves the beach and fields most of all!

Ideally, Tia’s new owners should be older with no or older children (Teenagers) and one person at home the majority of the time. Tia suffers from separation anxiety so she will need the attention to reduce and resolve her condition, with the right training and dedication Tia will soon be unafraid of being left alone.

Tia is trained to Silver level Kennel Club so very obedient; she is able to be let off the lead, which is rare for artic breads! She obeys many commends such as sit, down, paw, wait and so on……
Someone who has had large or artic breads before is sure to realise what a special and beautiful dog she is. With the right help she will make the most amazing companion.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Rehoming 8 year old female (spayed) Tamaskan Bulstag

Post by AZDehlin » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:03 pm

Have you found anyone to take Tia?

annah
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by annah » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:08 pm

We have a couple of options but they are not great.

rosemont
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by rosemont » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:18 pm

Have you tried the facebook pages ('Tamaskan Lovers' is one of them)? There's also a rescue that took on a Blustag female before (Breeze) called Sibes and Sled Dogs that are on facebook and have their own website. They're in the North of England, but they often travel far across the country to help dogs so might be able to help you. I wish I could help but we just got a new puppy and can't currently afford a second dog. If I had seen this beforehand I might have been able to do more so I feel kinda bad.

annah
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by annah » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:05 pm

Thank you for letting me know about these groups i will see if i have any luck. Don't feel bad we are making some progress its just very slow.