How does your Tam greet you?

All topics pertaining to the temperament / character of the Tamaskan Dog.
Luna
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

How does your Tam greet you?

Post by Luna » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:26 am

Ever since Luna was a puppy, the way she greets someone she is fond of has always amused me.
9 out of 10 times she will grab something, a toy/slipper anything she sees - and will have it in her mouth whilst her ears are right back, tail wagging whilst she excitedly walks around the person with real a swagger/wiggle in her walk - abit like Marilyn Monroe!
We call her our little retriever, because she always brings people presents (but then insists she has them back once you've taken it and said thankyou).
How does everyone elses Tams greet them?

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: How does your Tam greet you?

Post by TerriHolt » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:50 pm

yeah, i'm still working on this bit :oops: sam will just launch him self at me, my partner, my mum... well, anyone he likes really :roll: , while whining and woohoooowooo-ing loudly.... except the kids... he will just push them and lick faces... depending on how long he's been alone will depend on how... excited :? he is.

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

PawPrint
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by PawPrint » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:08 pm

Our dog Mitsey (Not a Tam though) Would do the exact same as Luna! Shoes were her favorite thing to give as gifts but pretty much anything would do. She seemed to wag and wiggle her whole rear end as if her tail wasn't enough! :)

She would also always jump once against the door with a big thud before collecting her gift, which was probably a bit disconcerting for people that didn't know her, as she would make the whole door and the letter box rattle. Strangers just get jumped, only family and friends get shoes. :lol:

TParham86
Tamational (Expert)
Tamational (Expert)

Post by TParham86 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:47 pm

TerriHolt wrote:yeah, i'm still working on this bit :oops: sam will just launch him self at me, my partner, my mum... well, anyone he likes really :roll: , while whining and woohoooowooo-ing loudly.... except the kids... he will just push them and lick faces... depending on how long he's been alone will depend on how... excited :? he is.

:lol: Mona lisa does the same thing, she jumps up on me, my friends, my parents, whining and woohoooing :) even strangers that come to pet her she likes to jump up and bop them right on the nose :roll: Still working on fixing that ;)

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:50 pm

TParham86 wrote:she likes to jump up and bop them right on the nose
people don't seem to like that... i can't quite understand why... :D

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:54 pm

I have a video of Sølve greeting me - though it's quite politely compared to normal greetings..

I will have to find it for you guys to see :)
>> Nino <<

TParham86
Tamational (Expert)
Tamational (Expert)

Post by TParham86 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:02 pm

TerriHolt wrote:
TParham86 wrote:she likes to jump up and bop them right on the nose
people don't seem to like that... i can't quite understand why... :D

:lol: i know...weird :lol:

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:04 pm

Konah is horrible with greeting me, she is waaaay too excited! She always hurts me some kind of way.. like giving me a bleeding nose or knock me a blue eye or scratch my arm or back open :mrgreen:

juice
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by juice » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:53 pm

lexi brings something and also does the screaming and wailing thing while carrying the toy. she is also very very excited, too much i think. :lol:

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:08 pm

We get the ears back, the whole body wagging and the woo woo woo hello, but not jumping up, we worked on that when she was still little by ignoring her when she was too bouncy and only saying hello once she had calmed down. It was very hard to do as it was so cute when she was little, but I did not think it would be as cute when she was fully grown.

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:02 am

JulieSmith wrote:We get the ears back, the whole body wagging and the woo woo woo hello, but not jumping up, we worked on that when she was still little by ignoring her when she was too bouncy and only saying hello once she had calmed down. It was very hard to do as it was so cute when she was little, but I did not think it would be as cute when she was fully grown.

My auntie has two dogs that she spoils rotten. They are allowed to do anything they want. When people come to the house they get jumped on and licked, but when I go to her house they know I won't let them do that and (after rushing at me madly) will calmly sit and wait for me to pat them.
Image Image

WhiteElkDoe
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by WhiteElkDoe » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:42 pm

Both Rhea and Sophie do the ears back, full body wagging, walking around in circles in front of you. Every so often Rhea will call out "Rooooooouu!" for emphasis. If you're kneeling Sophie will circle as close to you as she can, then tumble/pour herself into your lab.

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:19 pm

Zephyr also put his ears back and wags his whole body, but he quickly stops and lays down so he can get out of the crate.

Tropicalbreeze
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Tropicalbreeze » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:07 pm

Cassidy used to jump on us all the time but we've trained her to sit when we walk in. We keep treats by the door and she gets one for sitting patiently, although she's really wiggly cuz she's so excited! We usually then take her straight to the backyard to let her run around and get all that excited energy out of her!