Odin Junior (Saxon Andromeda)

A place to share photos of your Tamaskan Dogs: puppies, adults, etc.
jyotin
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Odin Junior (Saxon Andromeda)

Post by jyotin » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:54 pm

Hey everyone, thought i'd post a few pictures of Odin Junior (from the Odin x Frigga litter)
He just got home yesterday and is setlling in very well!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character; and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"
--Arthur Schopenhauer

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Odin Junior =)

Post by Nino » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:56 pm

what a cutie pie :-D
>> Nino <<

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:56 pm

aww, cute boy :)

blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by blufawn » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:59 pm

Handsome boy :)
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:00 pm

Cute pics! :D
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Amy
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Amy » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:09 pm

aww, cute boy :)

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Valravn » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:23 pm

So cute!!!

Misaya
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Misaya » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:28 pm

He's lovely :)
- Fiona -

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce

Rambler
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Rambler » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:30 pm

He is adorable!! Love his puppy ears!! :D

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:03 pm

Aw, so cute, glad he is home :)

Lyss
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Lyss » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:43 pm

handsome pup :D congrats!

Tamaddict
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Tamaddict » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:38 pm

Awww, congratulations!
-Michelle

amittammu
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by amittammu » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:55 pm

He is so cute, lovely ears. Seems like he has adjusted right away.

susann
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by susann » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:39 pm

Sweeeeet :D

wicca1
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by wicca1 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:18 am

ooh cute :D .

Gaby
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Gaby » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:25 am

Congratulations! What a beautiful boy. I love his floppy ears. And it is nice that he isn't car sick. Hope you keep us updated with stories and pictures!

claireyclaire
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by claireyclaire » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:16 pm

Congratulations to your new addition, he looks lovely. :D
“You can take the dog out of the Wolf Pack, But you can't take the Wolf Pack out of the dog"

TheNorth
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by TheNorth » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:35 pm

Cute pup :)

Saxon
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Saxon » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:39 pm

you just got me blubbering again jyoti like i did when i saw him off at the airport, i didnt think it would take him long to settle in hes a real character that one keep the photos coming

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:18 pm

He is a lovely dog, but then all the puppies in that litter were lovely. :)

muensterland
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by muensterland » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:51 pm

Congratulations :) What a beautiful boy. ;)
best wishes from Kirsten and Karsten
http://www.tamaskan-vom-muensterland.de

jyotin
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by jyotin » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:28 pm

Some more pictures!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character; and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"
--Arthur Schopenhauer

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:34 pm

Just a such cute puppy :)

muensterland
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by muensterland » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:40 pm

Nice pictures!!! So cute boy :D
best wishes from Kirsten and Karsten
http://www.tamaskan-vom-muensterland.de

WhiteElkStag
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by WhiteElkStag » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:44 am

Awww he's just as beautiful as his sisters. What does he think of the snow?
Ben Premack
www.WhiteElkTamaskan.com
www.Facebook.com/WhiteElkTamaskan
Rhea (Saxon Aquila at White Elk), Sophie (Saxon Canis Venatici at White Elk), and Auri (Blufawn Sunshine on My Shoulders at White Elk)

jyotin
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by jyotin » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:05 am

He loves it! He muzzles his nose in it and digs and eats it (tries to lol). The cutest is seeing his little paw prints in it. Too bad winter is ending and the snow is melting =(. How are the terrible twins lol in the snow...do they enjoy it too?
--Arthur Schopenhauer

Amy
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Amy » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:42 am

Just a such cute puppy :)

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:07 pm

aww, look at him. He is adorable!!

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

jyotin
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Re: Odin Junior (Saxon Andromeda)

Post by jyotin » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:50 pm

He's growing so fast I can hardly pick him up anymore =(
Going to cherish the next few weeks before he turns into a beast lolol :lol:
--Arthur Schopenhauer

TeresaC
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by TeresaC » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:43 am

Thanks for the great pics :D
Teresa Cutler
Moondance Tamaskan, Wisconsin
US Tamaskan Dog Club, Secretary

jyotin
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by jyotin » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:26 pm

Thanks everyone! And wow Pete really wasn't kidding when he said that Odin was the dominant alpha of the litter! Hopefully with extra hard work and perseverance Odin will eventually stop testing us and trying to get away with his stubborn and naughty behaviour lol...thank god for obedience training. At least hes learnt to sleep in his crate on his own throughout the night...one thing to check off the lengthy training list :lol:
--Arthur Schopenhauer

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:26 am

jyotin wrote:Thanks everyone! And wow Pete really wasn't kidding when he said that Odin was the dominant alpha of the litter! Hopefully with extra hard work and perseverance Odin will eventually stop testing us and trying to get away with his stubborn and naughty behaviour lol...thank god for obedience training. At least hes learnt to sleep in his crate on his own throughout the night...one thing to check off the lengthy training list :lol:
I could do with crate training, how did you go about it? We are going camping in the summer so it would be useful if Saga would sleep in her crate,she does sometimes, but we tend to leave the door open so she can go in and out as she wants.

He looks wonderful.

jyotin
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by jyotin » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:02 pm

JulieSmith wrote: I could do with crate training, how did you go about it? We are going camping in the summer so it would be useful if Saga would sleep in her crate,she does sometimes, but we tend to leave the door open so she can go in and out as she wants.

He looks wonderful.
If crate training is done correctly I believe it is one of the best things you can do for yourself and your dog. What we did was first find a GOOD high quality crate (Xlarge - biggest size they make) with a divider. Quality = peace of mind that he wont break it and manage to escape.

We began crating him the first night...the first night I slept on the floor beside him, and the second night I went upstairs and he cried and screamed and howled but we ignored him as we took him potty before bed, in the middle of the night, and when he woke up. It was heartbreaking to ignore him but we knew he was just being a cry baby since he had plenty of opportunity to eliminate, and he had...also we took away his water at 9 pm (bed time is 11 pm), and last meal is between 6-7 pm.

I put in a tshirt of mine that I wore for a few days in the crate so he was comforted, along with a safe chew toy to ease his anxiety. No bed! just a durable blanket since he will 100% tear his bed apart...which he did within 3 days LOL.

SO to get him in the crate, always kept the door open so he knew it was his safe place.
We first got him in the crate with a treat, let him go out on his own. Then again, closed the door, left for two minutes, and came back and acted like no big deal when we let him out. Throughout the day we increased the time we left to the point where he was able to be crated for MAX one hour. Potty break before crate time, and right after crate time.
Our schedule varied however wed typically give him breakfast around 630 am, potty break and play until 9 am. Crate 9-10. Potty break, play, for about 30-45 mins. Crate time another hour...potty break, play 30-45 mins. and so on.

Trick is to give him AMPLE oppurtunity to eliminate outside. He is now able to be crated comfortably for 2 hours at a time, and has began sleeping from 11 pm to 6 am without a peep =). Ofcourse...he will on occasion cry around 4 am to be let out for a potty break...which we take him out...but other than it has worked wonderfully. At times he walks away from us and sneaks into his crate and falls asleep when he wants alone time =)

Good luck!
--Arthur Schopenhauer

jyotin
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by jyotin » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:08 pm

Also, at first, before bedtime it helps to sit infrount of his crate with door open and pet him and ease him to a drowsy sleep before you leave and lock the door. We have a radio we leave on very low throughout the night which he appears to like. And once we leave him to sleep, we walk around (out of sight) and talk amongst ourselves until he begins to fall asleep so he doesnt have to deal with a sudden feeling of being locked up and having no one around.

During the daytime she WILL cry at first but aslong as you took her out to go potty before and she did...rest assured that she is just being a cry baby and will eventually settle down...the worst was when Odin cried and howled for about 25 minutes...but after that he never did again since we ignored him and stayed out of sight.

Sounds terrible and cruel but it truly isnt lol.
--Arthur Schopenhauer

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:17 pm

jyotin wrote:
JulieSmith wrote: I could do with crate training, how did you go about it? We are going camping in the summer so it would be useful if Saga would sleep in her crate,she does sometimes, but we tend to leave the door open so she can go in and out as she wants.

He looks wonderful.
If crate training is done correctly I believe it is one of the best things you can do for yourself and your dog. What we did was first find a GOOD high quality crate (Xlarge - biggest size they make) with a divider. Quality = peace of mind that he wont break it and manage to escape.

We began crating him the first night...the first night I slept on the floor beside him, and the second night I went upstairs and he cried and screamed and howled but we ignored him as we took him potty before bed, in the middle of the night, and when he woke up. It was heartbreaking to ignore him but we knew he was just being a cry baby since he had plenty of opportunity to eliminate, and he had...also we took away his water at 9 pm (bed time is 11 pm), and last meal is between 6-7 pm.

I put in a tshirt of mine that I wore for a few days in the crate so he was comforted, along with a safe chew toy to ease his anxiety. No bed! just a durable blanket since he will 100% tear his bed apart...which he did within 3 days LOL.

SO to get him in the crate, always kept the door open so he knew it was his safe place.
We first got him in the crate with a treat, let him go out on his own. Then again, closed the door, left for two minutes, and came back and acted like no big deal when we let him out. Throughout the day we increased the time we left to the point where he was able to be crated for MAX one hour. Potty break before crate time, and right after crate time.
Our schedule varied however wed typically give him breakfast around 630 am, potty break and play until 9 am. Crate 9-10. Potty break, play, for about 30-45 mins. Crate time another hour...potty break, play 30-45 mins. and so on.

Trick is to give him AMPLE oppurtunity to eliminate outside. He is now able to be crated comfortably for 2 hours at a time, and has began sleeping from 11 pm to 6 am without a peep =). Ofcourse...he will on occasion cry around 4 am to be let out for a potty break...which we take him out...but other than it has worked wonderfully. At times he walks away from us and sneaks into his crate and falls asleep when he wants alone time =)

Good luck!
Thanks, I will give it a go. I do not have the option of letting Saga cry at night if I put her in the crate, next door are likely to complain, might be able to do it if they go away one weekend. I have a 'vet bed' in my crate and although she has tried to pull it to shreds it is still fine. They are not cheep but very hard to destroy. She often goes in her crate (extra large) for naps and often sleeps all night till 6am, but she has the run of the room then. I might try it for day time first then brave night time if next door are away so we can let her howl. They complained yesterday that she howled for 5 hours, which is strange as I was in most of that time and the couple of times I did leave her it was for not much more than an hour and she was fast asleep when I got in one time and my son was in the second time. She is noisy when saying hello so they might have heard that and thought she was howling, but not for 5 hours. I will have to warn them I am crate training then if she does howl. Needs to be done as it will keep her safe while we are camping.

jyotin
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by jyotin » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:06 pm

Lol I know what you mean....we had to get earplugs for my father so he could get up for work in the morning!
--Arthur Schopenhauer

jyotin
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by jyotin » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:30 am

Ears erect!
And check out those giant feet :o
--Arthur Schopenhauer

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:00 pm

He is so cute, love the big paws.

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:40 pm

So cute :D

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:52 pm

Nice pic ;) You know you can always take the crate to a quite park corner or somewhere and sit there so he can make as much noise as he wants without disturbing anyone ;) It is sooooo frustrating having neighbours eh! glad I dont have any with all the noise my lot make :lol:

jyotin
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by jyotin » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:45 am

Lol neighbours are great when their dogs are even loader then yours! Have no grounds to complain =)
--Arthur Schopenhauer

jyotin
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by jyotin » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:35 pm

Thought I'd update everyone with Odin at almost 4 months now, he's getting huge!
--Arthur Schopenhauer

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:54 pm

They grow too quickly. Looking lovely :)

Gaby
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Gaby » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:36 pm

He looks great! How is he behaving? Do you a picture of his face too? Must be beautiful. ;)

jyotin
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by jyotin » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:33 pm

Thank you!
He's behaving pretty good, had some issues before since he is very dominant, but we got that dealt with by doing alpha exercises and he now knows whose boss! So much easier now.

Heres a picture with his face from last week, although it doesn't do him justice ;) (very hard to get a puppy to pose!)
--Arthur Schopenhauer

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:42 pm

Wow, his ears are huge! lol

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:30 am

giant ears hahaha :lol:
>> Nino <<

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:11 pm

Dont you take any notice of them all Odin...your ears will be a lot smaller when your head grows.. ;) both mum and dad have nice ears.

Gaby
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Gaby » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:29 pm

He has a very sweet head, I think he is a lovely boy. ;)

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:51 am

Hi is lovely, looks like he will grow into a lovely boy.