Rook

A place to share photos of your Tamaskan Dogs: puppies, adults, etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
happtcat314
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:05 pm
Location: Melbourne

Rook

Post by happtcat314 » Tue May 20, 2014 2:36 pm

Here is a picture of Rook when we went bushwalking...the colours just blend together..:-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Tana
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)
Posts: 308
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:29 am
Location: Slovenia

Re: Rook

Post by Tana » Tue May 20, 2014 6:09 pm

Beautiful! He looks so much like his brother :)

User avatar
Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1817
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 11:07 pm
Location: Pennsylvania | USA
Contact:

Re: Rook

Post by Hawthorne » Tue May 20, 2014 7:25 pm

May I ask how you came up with the name?
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

balto13
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Posts: 439
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:40 am

Re: Rook

Post by balto13 » Tue May 20, 2014 7:52 pm

I absolutely love that picture of him! he is so handsome :D

User avatar
Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 5206
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

Re: Rook

Post by Sylvaen » Tue May 20, 2014 9:45 pm

wow! very handsome! :D :D
Hawthorne wrote:May I ask how you came up with the name?
Aside from chess, isn't a Rook a type of crow?
Image
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

User avatar
Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2739
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:48 am
Location: Calgary, AB
Contact:

Re: Rook

Post by Katlin » Tue May 20, 2014 10:40 pm

Sylvaen wrote:
Hawthorne wrote:May I ask how you came up with the name?
Aside from chess, isn't a Rook a type of crow?
Yep :D I love Rook, but he looks almost too much like a wolf ;)
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

User avatar
Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1051
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 4:22 pm
Location: Ohio, USA

Re: Rook

Post by Valravn » Tue May 20, 2014 10:47 pm

Stunning! :D

User avatar
chelle784
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:38 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Rook

Post by chelle784 » Tue May 20, 2014 11:03 pm

I have a rook piercing hehe.

What a beautiful dog - would love to see more pics of him.

User avatar
Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1402
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:59 am
Location: Perth, Australia
Contact:

Re: Rook

Post by Booma » Wed May 21, 2014 12:08 am

Hawthorne wrote:May I ask how you came up with the name?
Pretty sure it is a chess thing.
Image Image

User avatar
HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 4802
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Princeton, TX US
Contact:

Re: Rook

Post by HiTenshi16 » Wed May 21, 2014 1:01 am

Rook is so handsome!
Image

User avatar
Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1402
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:59 am
Location: Perth, Australia
Contact:

Re: Rook

Post by Booma » Wed May 21, 2014 1:12 am

Katlin wrote:
Sylvaen wrote:
Hawthorne wrote:May I ask how you came up with the name?
Aside from chess, isn't a Rook a type of crow?
Yep :D I love Rook, but he looks almost too much like a wolf ;)

Uhm isn't wolfy looking dogs the point of breeding a wolf look a like breed?
Image Image

User avatar
Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2739
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:48 am
Location: Calgary, AB
Contact:

Re: Rook

Post by Katlin » Wed May 21, 2014 3:53 am

Obviously. I mean that he looks like he has wolf content, much more so than 90% of Tamaskans out there.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

User avatar
Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1051
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 4:22 pm
Location: Ohio, USA

Re: Rook

Post by Valravn » Wed May 21, 2014 5:23 am

Is he from the Golden litter?

User avatar
Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2739
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:48 am
Location: Calgary, AB
Contact:

Re: Rook

Post by Katlin » Wed May 21, 2014 5:52 am

No, if I remember correctly he's out of the Mickey Mouse Litter (Jodie X Jackal).
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

User avatar
Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1402
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:59 am
Location: Perth, Australia
Contact:

Re: Rook

Post by Booma » Wed May 21, 2014 6:00 am

Katlin wrote:Obviously. I mean that he looks like he has wolf content, much more so than 90% of Tamaskans out there.
To be allowed into Australia he had to test negative for wolf content.
Image Image

User avatar
Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2739
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:48 am
Location: Calgary, AB
Contact:

Re: Rook

Post by Katlin » Wed May 21, 2014 6:11 am

Booma wrote:
Katlin wrote:Obviously. I mean that he looks like he has wolf content, much more so than 90% of Tamaskans out there.
To be allowed into Australia he had to test negative for wolf content.
From the previous discussion about Wolf Content and the UC Davis testing:
False negatives are possible. But false positives are not.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3164

So it is possible there is content. I'm not going to fight with you though. He's a nice looking dog, and very wolfy looking.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

User avatar
happtcat314
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:05 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Rook

Post by happtcat314 » Wed May 21, 2014 12:26 pm

Hello Everyone,

thank you for the lovely comments, it is always wonderful to have your support, mostly when there are so many gossips, rumours and sheer ignorance of contemplation with 'wolf' in Rook (he was named after my favourite chess piece aka the castle/tower/ or Rook ^_^)

Australian border control and importation has a strict rule with any wild content of any sorts. When the Tamaskan was flagged for import to Aus, the process became almost dire as not only was the vet selected by the DAFF & DEFRA collaboration but the testing results had to be confirmed through the officials and provided to both the requestor and government at the same time. Both Balto and Rooks life was at stake as if there was any hint of wolf content in them, it was immediate impound.

I am very cautious of providing photos of Rook in open public forums because of the minor randoms that may say 'there is a Wolfy much more than the majority of Tams we have seen...and its in Australia; because it puts the breed at risk in Australia, jeopardises the aussie tamaskans potential growth but most importantly it puts my dogs life on the line."

thank you again for your wonderful replies and thoughts...i shall post once in a while on this forum when I have the chance :-)

User avatar
happtcat314
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:05 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Rook

Post by happtcat314 » Wed May 21, 2014 12:41 pm

Cutest when Rook is so focused on squeakers toy:-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Tana
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)
Posts: 308
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:29 am
Location: Slovenia

Re: Rook

Post by Tana » Wed May 21, 2014 1:58 pm

What is his temperament like?

User avatar
happtcat314
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:05 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Rook

Post by happtcat314 » Wed May 21, 2014 2:08 pm

He is absolutely gorgeous. Placid, very relaxed and quiet.

he has been attacked a few times so he is shy at the moment but we vigilantly attend rehab/socialisation to provide Rook different types of dogs, benahviours and environment. Its great leadership building for us and methods to establish calmness in any situation.

overall Rook is more cat than dog (not protective, treat or toy driven) hes great around children andshows them his tail, but he is definitelya cuddle bunny :-)

User avatar
Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1817
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 11:07 pm
Location: Pennsylvania | USA
Contact:

Re: Rook

Post by Hawthorne » Wed May 21, 2014 7:17 pm

He is stunning. I ask about the name because we already have the name "Ruuq" picked out for our next puppy. :D It's the same pronunciation but has a different meaning.
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

User avatar
Tana
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)
Posts: 308
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:29 am
Location: Slovenia

Re: Rook

Post by Tana » Wed May 21, 2014 9:07 pm

happtcat314 wrote:He is absolutely gorgeous. Placid, very relaxed and quiet.

he has been attacked a few times so he is shy at the moment but we vigilantly attend rehab/socialisation to provide Rook different types of dogs, benahviours and environment. Its great leadership building for us and methods to establish calmness in any situation.

overall Rook is more cat than dog (not protective, treat or toy driven) hes great around children andshows them his tail, but he is definitelya cuddle bunny :-)
Interesting, because his brother is quite opposite. Confident, temperamental, full of energy, not shy at all, food and also toy driven. Did you have any problems with separation anxiety?

User avatar
Lynwae
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1306
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:37 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Rook

Post by Lynwae » Thu May 22, 2014 9:14 am

Who's Rook's brother you're speacking of Tana?

User avatar
Tana
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)
Posts: 308
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:29 am
Location: Slovenia

Re: Rook

Post by Tana » Thu May 22, 2014 9:34 am

Blustag Mickey Mouse(Volkec). First Tamaskan in Slovenia.

User avatar
happtcat314
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:05 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Rook

Post by happtcat314 » Thu May 22, 2014 12:06 pm

:-) Initially when we first got Rook it was a little tough because he was with his family until 10mo ths, then 30 days of quarantinr with Balto. In retrospect the quarantine helped with the Anxiety of having to just deal with all the mayhem.

the moment Rook came home we had enrolled Rook into rehab/socialisation and behvaiour training because unlike everyone else who got a Tam at 8 weeks, Rook never got the continued various expoaures to different dogs and environments by himself. we literally took him everywhere (even if it was just a car ride to grab milk) he was a bit unsettled and it took over 6months almost a year for him to realise this was his forever home.

he is definitely getting better everyday but we will continue to take him ongoing :-)

definitely surprises us as well how timid, placid and quiet he is....its tough during the training sessions as he isnt interested in praise, treats or toys (alot like a cat in that way)

the first thing we did when i saw him at quarantine was tested touching his ears, tail and paws (and mouth) no problems he didnt even seem to care which was great in knowing that hes pretty carefree. baby steps is our method of approach with Rook as he gets real dis interested quickly

User avatar
Lynwae
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1306
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:37 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Rook

Post by Lynwae » Thu May 22, 2014 1:57 pm

Oh I didn't know Mickey Mouse was in Slovenia! Do you have any pic on how he turns out? :D

Sorry for the out of focus from Rook ^^'

User avatar
Tana
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)
Posts: 308
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:29 am
Location: Slovenia

Re: Rook

Post by Tana » Thu May 22, 2014 3:55 pm

happtcat314 wrote::-) Initially when we first got Rook it was a little tough because he was with his family until 10mo ths, then 30 days of quarantinr with Balto. In retrospect the quarantine helped with the Anxiety of having to just deal with all the mayhem.

the moment Rook came home we had enrolled Rook into rehab/socialisation and behvaiour training because unlike everyone else who got a Tam at 8 weeks, Rook never got the continued various expoaures to different dogs and environments by himself. we literally took him everywhere (even if it was just a car ride to grab milk) he was a bit unsettled and it took over 6months almost a year for him to realise this was his forever home.

he is definitely getting better everyday but we will continue to take him ongoing :-)

definitely surprises us as well how timid, placid and quiet he is....its tough during the training sessions as he isnt interested in praise, treats or toys (alot like a cat in that way)

the first thing we did when i saw him at quarantine was tested touching his ears, tail and paws (and mouth) no problems he didnt even seem to care which was great in knowing that hes pretty carefree. baby steps is our method of approach with Rook as he gets real dis interested quickly
That is understandable, thank you. I forgot you got him later. Even, in my opinion, in those first 10 months he could be/should be exposed to different dogs and environments and be fully socialized. Anyway, it is great to hear he is getting better everyday :)
Lynwae wrote:Oh I didn't know Mickey Mouse was in Slovenia! Do you have any pic on how he turns out? :D
Yes, he is and yes, I have :P

Here:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2739
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:48 am
Location: Calgary, AB
Contact:

Re: Rook

Post by Katlin » Thu May 22, 2014 5:24 pm

Oh I didn't know you had him either! Why don't you ever post pictures of him? He's a handsome chap.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

User avatar
Tana
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)
Posts: 308
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:29 am
Location: Slovenia

Re: Rook

Post by Tana » Thu May 22, 2014 6:20 pm

He isn't mine. I posted one for comparison. Posting his pictures is a thing of his owner, who isn't really fan of forums.

User avatar
happtcat314
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:05 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Rook

Post by happtcat314 » Thu May 22, 2014 7:50 pm

Blustag Mickey Mouse is just a stunner!!! I absolutely remember him now as a tiny 6week old puppy (with Rook, aka Blustag Donald Duck)

He's just gorgeous and looks like a very confident 'older brother ' in comparison to Rook :-) who was the last pick in that litter.

puppy Rook to present ...still quiet and meek ^_^
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

balto13
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Posts: 439
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:40 am

Re: Rook

Post by balto13 » Thu May 22, 2014 9:38 pm

Tana wrote:He isn't mine. I posted one for comparison. Posting his pictures is a thing of his owner, who isn't really fan of forums.
I like that you're so respectful and I completely understand! Thanks for posting one picture though, can't believe how handsome he and his brother Rook are! :D

User avatar
Tana
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)
Posts: 308
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:29 am
Location: Slovenia

Re: Rook

Post by Tana » Sat May 24, 2014 10:05 am

No problem. Yeah, they are gorgeous! I wish, that this bloodline would continue.

balto13
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Posts: 439
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:40 am

Re: Rook

Post by balto13 » Sun May 25, 2014 6:55 am

Tana wrote:No problem. Yeah, they are gorgeous! I wish, that this bloodline would continue.
Agreed! Margret, do you plan to health test Rook?

User avatar
Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3106
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:13 am
Location: Aalborg - Denmark

Re: Rook

Post by Nino » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:23 pm

He is gorgeous!
Have you gotten his hips tested yet?
I know he has full siblings from earlier litter that has problems :(
>> Nino <<
Image

User avatar
Tana
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)
Posts: 308
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:29 am
Location: Slovenia

Re: Rook

Post by Tana » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:04 pm

Nino wrote: I know he has full siblings from earlier litter that has problems :(
May I ask which siblings have problems? Is there anyone else (beside Blustag Tadewi) who is/will be available for breeding?

User avatar
Wolfsbane
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:26 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Rook

Post by Wolfsbane » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:32 pm

Tana wrote:
Nino wrote: I know he has full siblings from earlier litter that has problems :(
May I ask which siblings have problems? Is there anyone else (beside Blustag Tadewi) who is/will be available for breeding?
Blustag Chapala Tsonata (purchased for breeding) and Blustag Chipara (purchased for breeding) failed their hip testing. Blustag Sanuye probably has a higher hip score then the allowed BVA 18 too, Blustag won't give up his hip scores... Sanuye (Bodie) and Chaska (JJ) are used by the Blues for breeding.

Post Reply