Romanian shelter dog Monobi

A place to share photos of your other pets: dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, horses, reptiles, etc.
Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Romanian shelter dog Monobi

Post by Tiantai » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:22 pm

Wow! Your dog is quite the snow den making artist ♥

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:47 pm

Tiantai wrote:Wow! Your dog is quite the snow den making artist ♥
I have to admit that he didn't create this 'den' though!

It was a super big snowball thing standing around on a meadow on a mild day few days after it heavily snowed, I guess some kids must have build it. I was visiting a friend in Dresden and we walked out, and I got the glorious idea to mount the snowball. While I was trying to climb on top of it, it broke open, since due to the mild weather, the snowball had started to melt on the inside where it was touching the ground and left a hallow part big enough for Monobi to fit in. Just as I tried to pull my leg out of it, he proceeded to crawl into it and got us both stuck for a good moment haha.

I then took several pictures because it just looked so cool how he was sitting inside there. Here are a couple more;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:28 pm

He is so cute... great photos!! :D
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Eventide
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Eventide » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:19 pm

Oh wow, I just saw this for the first time so I read it all the way through. What a wonderful post about a caring, loving lady and the rescue dog who became her owner ;) .

You both are trully lovely.

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:35 pm

Eventide wrote:Oh wow, I just saw this for the first time so I read it all the way through. What a wonderful post about a caring, loving lady and the rescue dog who became her owner ;) .

You both are trully lovely.
Aww, thank you so much!!
I'm so happy to have him, he's such a good dog, really! I couldn't have asked for any better dog than him :) we're making a great couple!

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:55 pm

Oh dear! I'm glad the snow didn't pile over him.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:04 am

He's looking good... He has lovely eyes, so soft and gentile (could be wrong lol, but that what the pics say :D ).

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:19 am

He is looking great :) His big ears seem so funny (one up, one down). He is also looking more content.

akaye531
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by akaye531 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:56 pm

I think Monobi is one of the cutest pups I've ever seen! I LOVE his ears. And it's so heartwarming to read about his progress. I admire you, Tatzel.
Tatzel wrote:Thought I'd share more pics of my bub :)
I call Mowgli my bub too :)

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:05 pm

He's cuuuuute! What do you think of those harnesses? I have one on order for Wylie...they sure look nice!
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:31 pm

Katlin wrote:He's cuuuuute! What do you think of those harnesses? I have one on order for Wylie...they sure look nice!
I think they're great!
I'm just afraid the one I bought is actually a tad too small; like the strap going around the front of his chest is up too high, it puts pressure on the neck even though it's intended to do so on the chest area. It's not easy to choose the right size for a sighthound type dog though, since they have such narrow chests.
I saw that Julius K-9 did rework their harnesses and have now a new model which is slightly differently shaped, I might invest for one of these after I moved.

They are really popular here in Berlin, I see dogs with them all the time. Although I also see people with Doxlock and other off-brand harnesses in similar fashion. Generally I'm pretty happy that the trend goes towards harnesses rather than collars. Monobi still wears one for his tic clip, but I would hate to strangle him while he's on leash.

Also a really bad thing happened yesterday, I'm not sure what have caused this because I only let him out of sight for mere seconds, which was when he took his usual morning piss, but he must have eaten something poisening. When I put him back on leash he threw up 3 times (was just yellow acid from his stomach with a bit of rice he had snatched up from his leftoversin his dogbowl before we went downstairs).
He collapses on the staircase when we head back up to my flat, I had to carry him, and when I did he went completely limb, like a rackdoll, which was quite terrifying.
I put him down on the sofa, and while he still held his head up, his eyes were sunken in, he had trouble breathing, was apathic/unresponsive and his gums and tongue were incredibly pale.
I was deadly afraid that he was going to die on the spot, but he bounced back, and as he got better, I took him to the vet.

He got an infusion and everything got flushed out of his body, they found some blood in his urine too which may mean a thing or not. They took blood from him and I'll get to know the test results today.

My theory is that perhaps it was the basil that may have caused this which I put into his regular food the previous evening; he had cooked chicken with rice.
Now, a while ago I sprayed some flies on the window to death with a neem oil and water mixture, and I guess some of that might have shed onto the basil and other herbs I'm growing on my window bench.
The only thing that collides with my theory is that he was perfectly fine eating from that the evening before, no throwing up, no signs of poisening or sickness or anything alike.
I also ate from the unwashed basil and I am well.

My vet suggested that it might have just been a 'choke up', something which occasionally appears in horses and also can happen in dogs; it's when the tongue sags back into the trachea and blocks the path, resulting into lack of oxigen which can make animals collapse.
But idk it really looked like she was suffering from some toxics in his system. Then again he never picks anything up outside except for human shit, and he was not reeking of that when I put him back on leash.

Either way, I will not feed that basil again.

He is doing completely fine today and is up to his old spirit and shenanigans.

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:28 am

Small update;

when I moved to Hamburg I had to let go of some furniture, since I moved from a single flat to a single room in a shared flat. Monobi's orginal dog bed was too big to be kept, and it also smelled horrible even after stuffing everything into the washing machine, so I tossed it out.
He'd been sleeping in his travel dog bed ever since, but it's really not that thick and well padded, and today I got him a big pillow.
At first he was taken aback, but when he finally decided to lay down in it, he instantly loved it :D

Two grainy pics taken with my iphone;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:20 am

Such a sweet look on his face :)

firleymj
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by firleymj » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:34 pm

Monobi: Architect, companion, entertainer, and all around cutie

THANK YOU for taking the risk of adopting and THANK YOU for sharing with us

Mark
My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown
The greatest love is a mother's; then a dog's; then a sweetheart's. ~Polish Proverb

The human of Ch.(ARBA) and Ch.(KCUSA) Hawthorne James Watson (call name Kona)

http://www.anthracitetamaskan.com