Kida

A place to share photos of your other pets: dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, horses, reptiles, etc.
LiannaeLeagadh
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Kida

Post by LiannaeLeagadh » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:47 pm

So this week was full of busy busy things.
Moved from WA to Ohio, Got set up in my New place,
And to the utter disdain of my cat,
I adopted a dog. :)

Given that there really isn't much to do out here, & I know I would go crazy with nothing to do.
Thought it would be a good time to finally get another dog. Lots of woods out here to go walking & such :)

Anyway,
This is Kida,

Public Facebook Album: on.fb.me/1asG3mQ

She's a Year old, Collie-mix.
& true to the collie breeds, super smart.
I've yet to have to tell her anything more than 3 times before she picks up on the idea.

She gets along great with people. Doesn't chase the cat, completely refuses to jump up on the couch or bed, & was house & crate trained already.

Unfortunately, she doesn't get along with other dogs.
Hackles up, & growling.
I can get her to listen & continue walking if they're a fair distance away.

Anyone have any suggestions on helping with her dog aggression?
Fáelan Liannáe Leagadh

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Kida

Post by HiTenshi16 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:41 pm

She looks so sweet. Don't know what advice I can give, but hope you are able to work out her dog aggression.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:08 pm

Aww she's really cute... do you have any idea what she's mixed with (Collie X ? )
Good luck with her dog-aggression (fear?) issues; as she's still young, hopefully with a bit of training/re-socialization she'll come around.
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

LiannaeLeagadh
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by LiannaeLeagadh » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:35 pm

Not a clue what she's mixed with, i know there is a dna test that's supposed to be able to tell what her parents are & possibly their parents as well, considered doing that... almost everyone that's seen her, jumps & asks if she's a pittbull mix. While i've nothing against the breed, around here, that would be a major strike against her, especially if she's not got any in her at all.

I do know, my roommate said something about it maybe being boxer, cause of the brindle & some of her behaviors are like the boxer they used to have. looked up some photos of collieXboxer, & several of them look a great deal like she does.

as far as her aggression goes, I don't think it is fear, because she's the one running up after the dogs, tail up hackles raised.
We have gotten her to start listening as far as ignoring the neighborhood dogs around her when she's on the leash. there some basset hounds on the corner, who she used to try her darnedest to get over too, now she ignores them, save for the occasional glance.

been trying some redirection training, one of the obedience trainers at the pet store gave me some idea's to try. Trying to get her used to the clicker, but she doesnt really care to much for treats & such for me to use them as a reward when she listens to it.
Fáelan Liannáe Leagadh