Scout

A place to share photos of your other pets: dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, horses, reptiles, etc.
Scoutious
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Scout

Post by Scoutious » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:22 pm

Name: Scout
Parents: unknown
Birth date: March 27, 2012
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Scout

Post by HiTenshi16 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:08 am

Cute husky :)

Scoutious
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Scoutious » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:14 am

I think he is a tamaskan, but I can't be sure since I got him from a shelter without any papers.. :/

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:33 am

Scoutious wrote:I think he is a tamaskan, but I can't be sure since I got him from a shelter without any papers.. :/
He is definitely not a Tamaskan. Not only will you not find one in a shelter (but you can find look alikes) because breeders do their best to screen adopters, but your boy does not even look anything like a Tamaskan. They do not have bi-coloured eyes (one brown, one blue), they don't even have blue eyes, no liver noses, the face all almost being white is a husky trait.

firleymj
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by firleymj » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:31 am

Scoutious

I'm inclined to think he's mostly a very handsome Husky in his own right, and that's something wonderful, and it's just as wonderful you had the heart and the courage to adopt.

Alas, there are a number of "breeders" peddling dogs as Tamaskans that aren't part of the (now recognized) breed. Heterochromia (different color eyes) may occur, but it is considered a fault and that Tamaskan would not be bred, according to the rules of the Register. We have enough problems avoiding inbreeding that finding suitable pairs conforming to our breed standards is tough enough.

Having said that, I congratulate you on a wonderful adoption, and wish you the best. May Scout bring you the joy and miracles my Kona has brought to my life.

And also know that many of us here, while we focus on Tamaskans, are lovers of all dogs, and arctic breeds no matter what their parentage.

Welcome
Mark
My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown
The greatest love is a mother's; then a dog's; then a sweetheart's. ~Polish Proverb

The human of Ch.(ARBA) and Ch.(KCUSA) Hawthorne James Watson (call name Kona)

http://www.anthracitetamaskan.com

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:45 pm

Lovely husky! One of Jasper's best friends when he was a pup was a gorgeous male red husky named Marley, who looked quite similar to Scout. :)
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.