New TDR-logo

A place to share your artwork of Tamaskan Dogs or wolves and/or your favorite artwork by other people.
Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Re: New TDR-logo

Post by Tatzel » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:09 am

AZDehlin wrote: I like it but their is still a slight difference in style... it's hard to explain.
Yeah I feel like I wasn't able to completely nail it. Mine does more look like camouflage or patchwork, the shapes of the diffeent colors in the Tam in the inner part of the logo seem more rounded, selective and clean-cut?
There's also a subtle use of gradients which I completely ignored.

Also I feel the need to mention that I painted over an actual howling wolf photo, I found it on google but I don't know if it was stock art or not, so I'm not sure if I'm moving in the grey area here or if I did something illegal. Generally when the outcome differs enough from the original, there's no copyright issue at hand. I'm going to fiddle more with it maybe tomorrow or the upcomming days and try to make it fit more the inner style, unless someone else wants to do that :)

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Valravn » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:30 am

What if instead of going realistic you tried making them look simpler, flatter… Like the background mountains and trees. As they are now I find them a bit distracting.

kendrrat
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by kendrrat » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:40 am

The inner logo looks more selective and clean cut because I ignored a lot of info when I was making the shapes. Instead of trying to accurately get each color on the coat I tried to make them into as few distinct groups as possible. Then I used the gradient in each color shape to show the range of color change within that shape. Does that make any sense? Hope that helps you get the right look.
And for copyright i think youre fine.

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:18 am

Welcome back kendrrat ;) I love the look of the wolves!
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

skyedream
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by skyedream » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:54 am

I think most tams are a little bit leaner than actual wolves. Those two look a little bit chubs!

It does look great though! And you knocked it out so quickly!

kendrrat
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by kendrrat » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:02 am

i would try this for the bodies of the dogs-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:18 pm

I love your work, they are very well made BUT they look like wolves not like Tamaskans.

The chest is far too big, and there isn't enough tuck-up, legs look a bit short might be because the chest is too big though, the back is a bit too straight and the tail seems somewhat not bushy enough..

I'd also like them to lean a bit in more on the center part, and that the legs that lean isn't as stiff more soft like the ones on the old one that "cup" the center..
>> Nino <<

Mylingen
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Mylingen » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:09 pm

Tatzel wrote:
Please explain what you mean by saying the colors are string, I like getting critique but I don't really understand what you mean by saying it like that, it would be great if you could reword that sentence!
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that Nino meant to type 'strong' rather than 'string'?

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:28 pm

Mylingen wrote:
Tatzel wrote:
Please explain what you mean by saying the colors are string, I like getting critique but I don't really understand what you mean by saying it like that, it would be great if you could reword that sentence!
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that Nino meant to type 'strong' rather than 'string'?
Totally missed that.. and yes you got me there My - I meant Strong.. o and i is next to each other :oops:
>> Nino <<