Vegetarianism

All off-topic discussions; a place to discuss anything and everything!
Nikola1985Ghaeltacht
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Vegetarianism

Post by Nikola1985Ghaeltacht » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:32 am

Being a vegetarian is nonsense to me. Humans eat meet thats the way we work! And to me meeteaters like myself are ok as long as we stop killing other animals for fun, sport or any other reason which does not envolve food or clothing
Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Favourite Animal Quotes

Post by Nino » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:18 am

I love animals.. probably more than I love most humans..
But I'm still a meat lover, and I cannot imagine being a vegetarian.
To me eating meat is just part of nature, and I feel worse with the thought of meat being spilled.
I also have no problem with wearing fur, leather etc.
Though I don't want to wear fur from animals being kept just for the fur of it. To me that is just not okay. Had it been because the meat could have been eaten too, then it would have been another talk.
I would like to hunt some day (when I get the money and time) but I would also eat what I killed and make use of skin etc.
>> Nino <<

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:57 am

Nino wrote:I love animals.. probably more than I love most humans..
But I'm still a meat lover, and I cannot imagine being a vegetarian.
To me eating meat is just part of nature, and I feel worse with the thought of meat being spilled.
I also have no problem with wearing fur, leather etc.
Though I don't want to wear fur from animals being kept just for the fur of it. To me that is just not okay. Had it been because the meat could have been eaten too, then it would have been another talk.
I would like to hunt some day (when I get the money and time) but I would also eat what I killed and make use of skin etc.
I agree and add as long as the animals are well looked afte, cared for and given freedom to express themselves in a natural way, not caged or in cramped barns.

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:00 pm

I also agree
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:12 pm

i love animals more than most humans and i once tried being a vegetarian because i saw how they were treated and kept before had but the replacement stuff tastes nothing like the real thing... but i would turn vege if i got stranded somewhere and had to fend for my self... unless someone killed meat, prepared it and put it in Tesco packaging, i couldn't eat it... dislike hunting for sport, not for the use of it if done quickly but there is no sport in chasing an animal with dogs till it tires then letting the dogs at it...

leather i have no issue with but i have seen a documentary on where fur comes from... in china, they believe it comes off the animal (in this case, it was a cat and they didn't wanna waste meat) easier while it it living... so i am strongly against the use of fur... altho i know, technically, it is just the same as leather only softer. i also think it maybe because it feels like an animal too where as leather doesn't...

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:35 pm

I also love animals more than most humans... And I am not one of those uppy vegetarians that is against meat eaters. I just have never liked the taste of meat, but I also don't agree with factory farming. I am also not against hunting long as you use everything from the animal you kill. I even have have friend that scavenge animals that have been hit and killed by cars for meat. They also Tan all the hides and use feathers for making there own arrows. I have a lot of friends that are living as close to the earth as possible :D. I had a friend that scavenged a freshly hit deer. We split the meat (For Zephyr) and I got to keep the hide so it didn't get tossed and I could make myself a winter Jacket.

:arrow: I am a walking Contradiction... A vegetarian that feeds her dog fresh cooked meat and works with hides that where going to be wasted so I can have clothes that last longer than the stuff you get from stores.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:09 pm

AZDehlin wrote:A vegetarian that feeds her dog fresh cooked meat and works with hides that where going to be wasted
better that the vegetarian i saw on a discussion borad who only fed her dog veggies (wouldn't even give it a tin dog dog food)... she was asking for help as to why he wasn't solid when going toilet :roll:

One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Vegetarianism

Post by Sylvaen » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:20 pm

I used to be a vegetarian (for 5 years, from the age of 19-24) and during that time my body, and mind, totally rejected the idea of meat and the very thought of consuming 'dead flesh' made me nauseous - even the smell would put me off. However, by the age of 24 I started craving meat again and I now eat a healthy balanced diet, which includes plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables as well as chicken, red meat and fish. I used to be completely against hunting but I now prefer it to factory farmed meat - it's healthier, more natural, and better for the animals (who get to experience a normal life, compared to a short artificial life in a barn, being pumped full of antibiotics and steroids). I certainly do not support trophy / sport hunting.
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Valravn » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:28 am

I was a vegetarian for a year. I went through a phase of being horrified at the idea of eating a once living creature. My family was very supportive but in the end it just didn't work for me. My cousin and her boyfriend are both vegetarians but I'm not sure of their reasoning.
AZDehlin wrote:I am a walking Contradiction... A vegetarian that feeds her dog fresh cooked meat
Ugh that makes me crazy when people force their pets to be vegetarians. I remember on an episode of Animal Cops this woman would only feed her cat rice. Poor thing nearly died. :evil:

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:02 am

Valravn wrote:I was a vegetarian for a year. I went through a phase of being horrified at the idea of eating a once living creature. My family was very supportive but in the end it just didn't work for me. My cousin and her boyfriend are both vegetarians but I'm not sure of their reasoning.
AZDehlin wrote:I am a walking Contradiction... A vegetarian that feeds her dog fresh cooked meat
Ugh that makes me crazy when people force their pets to be vegetarians. I remember on an episode of Animal Cops this woman would only feed her cat rice. Poor thing nearly died. :evil:
I remember that too! Cats need Taurine so the cat in question was almost blind because of the lack of Taurine in her diet. Her pupils were fully dilated... If I'm not mistaken she has a dog that was also forced to eat only rice >:(
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

Nikola1985Ghaeltacht
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Nikola1985Ghaeltacht » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:38 am

I do NOT remember putting this thread on the forum. :oops:

Not that that matters

Anyway feeding dogs just fruit :o ??? WTF is that? If it wasn't so sad it would be funny as hell
Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:44 am

Nikola1985Ghaeltacht wrote:I do NOT remember putting this thread on the forum. :oops:

Not that that matters

Anyway feeding dogs just fruit :o ??? WTF is that? If it wasn't so sad it would be funny as hell

off topic split, happens a lot ;) it used to confuse me when i couldn't remember seeing something somewhere... now i just accept it :lol:

i have seen it a few times where animals are made to eat fruit and veg. one was a cat that didn't like it so he didn't eat it. he was a house moggie and wasn't allowed out "just in case he killed birds". he was extremely thin when he got rescued and ended up food aggressive for a while. kinda ironic when the vegetarian animal lovers make animals suffer in their cause to save animals from being eaten...

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

Nikola1985Ghaeltacht
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Nikola1985Ghaeltacht » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:54 am

TerriHolt wrote:i have seen it a few times where animals are made to eat fruit and veg. one was a cat that didn't like it so he didn't eat it. he was a house moggie and wasn't allowed out "just in case he killed birds". he was extremely thin when he got rescued and ended up food aggressive for a while. kinda ironic when the vegetarian animal lovers make animals suffer in their cause to save animals from being eaten...
That's what happens when people start treating animals as people.

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:37 pm

AZDehlin wrote:I also love animals more than most humans... And I am not one of those uppy vegetarians that is against meat eaters. I just have never liked the taste of meat, but I also don't agree with factory farming. I am also not against hunting long as you use everything from the animal you kill. I even have have friend that scavenge animals that have been hit and killed by cars for meat. They also Tan all the hides and use feathers for making there own arrows. I have a lot of friends that are living as close to the earth as possible :D. I had a friend that scavenged a freshly hit deer. We split the meat (For Zephyr) and I got to keep the hide so it didn't get tossed and I could make myself a winter Jacket.

:arrow: I am a walking Contradiction... A vegetarian that feeds her dog fresh cooked meat and works with hides that where going to be wasted so I can have clothes that last longer than the stuff you get from stores.
I don't think that is a contradiction, you don't eat meet because you do not like it and if an animal is already dead why waste any of it. Nature does not like waste why should we.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:06 pm

JulieSmith wrote:I don't think that is a contradiction, you don't eat meet because you do not like it and if an animal is already dead why waste any of it. Nature does not like waste why should we.
Hear, hear! :D
Nikola1985Ghaeltacht wrote:I do NOT remember putting this thread on the forum. :oops:
I split the thread because it was going too far off the original topic about 'favorite animal quotes'. ;)

Nikola1985Ghaeltacht
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Nikola1985Ghaeltacht » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:08 pm

Sylvaen wrote:
JulieSmith wrote:I don't think that is a contradiction, you don't eat meet because you do not like it and if an animal is already dead why waste any of it. Nature does not like waste why should we.
Hear, hear! :D
I split the thread because it was going too far off the original topic about 'favorite animal quotes'. ;)

Still I don't remember putting this post anywhere or writing this! St. Patrick training complete :D

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:18 pm

Nikola1985Ghaeltacht wrote:Still I don't remember putting this post anywhere or writing this! St. Patrick training complete :D
HAHAHAHA :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nikola1985Ghaeltacht
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Nikola1985Ghaeltacht » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:19 pm

a bit offtopic hope I'll see you and Dino in Praćka

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:40 am

Nikola1985Ghaeltacht wrote:a bit offtopic hope I'll see you and Dino in Praćka
I'm pretty sure we'll be there! :D

JessieLove09
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by JessieLove09 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:59 am

I am not a vegetarian. I don't force anyone to eat meat if they don't want to either as long as they don't force me to become a vegetarian.

As for hunting as long as the whole animal is used I am fine.
Jessica-
Molly-GSD
Rainbow Bridge:
Tanner, Max & Simba

Nikola1985Ghaeltacht
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Nikola1985Ghaeltacht » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:32 am

JessieLove09 wrote:I am not a vegetarian. I don't force anyone to eat meat if they don't want to either as long as they don't force me to become a vegetarian.
Sounds fair enough.
JessieLove09 wrote:As for hunting as long as the whole animal is used I am fine.
I think most of us could agree on that one. I do still have 2 questions:
1. What does it mean "the whole animal"? Because hunters (those who hunt not for sport but for food) often throw away the skin of the animal and just use it for food.
2. What about domesticated animals like pigs, cows and chickens...?

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:38 pm

Nikola1985Ghaeltacht wrote:
I do still have 2 questions:
1. What does it mean "the whole animal"? Because hunters (those who hunt not for sport but for food) often throw away the skin of the animal and just use it for food.
I think the hide should be used... most butchers in my area will take them, and some taxidermy places will take them if hunters don't want them. I am a vegetarian, but I take my hunting friends hides and tan them. I use the brain of the animal as well as take antlers, knees and shoulder socket bones ( they make great hand holds for bow drill kits.) My dog can have other parts of the animal.

As for domesticated animals, long as they have a humane life up until slaughter than I see no problem with eating animal as it is part of the circle of life. I just do not like the taste, smell, or the idea of myself eating them.

JessieLove09
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by JessieLove09 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:41 am

JessieLove09 wrote:I am not a vegetarian. I don't force anyone to eat meat if they don't want to either as long as they don't force me to become a vegetarian.
Sounds fair enough.
JessieLove09 wrote:As for hunting as long as the whole animal is used I am fine.
I think most of us could agree on that one. I do still have 2 questions:
I have heard of ways people use the whole animal. I think it depends on the hunter. As for domesticated animals you can eat many parts and many of those parts can be used to make different dishes.
Jessica-
Molly-GSD
Rainbow Bridge:
Tanner, Max & Simba

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:01 am

Well I think.. maybe not all the animal is need to be used (I have to say that the 15 trouts we got this weekend we cleaned and threw out the guts euw!) but at least most of it..

maybe someone can use all of it, but there is no need for you to use all of it if you just don't need it, but that doesn't mean that you could not hunt it for the meat, skin and other stuff that you DO need
>> Nino <<

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:35 pm

I think everyone's free to live (and eat) the way they want (as long as no fundamental laws are broken and no one's hurt).
A have a friend who's vegetarian, and I don't eat a lot of meat myself, though I could never give up on delicious chicken, beef or other meat, but I'm very picky about getting any, because mostly you never know where it originates from and if the animals were kept well.
I despise large livestock farming and the way animals suffer when living in such cramped space without daylight and other nessecairy resources to live a healthy and happy life.

As far as we know, humans started as hunters and gatherers and possibly even scavengers (like baboons) before we've kept cattle for thousands of years, so personally I think our system did adapt to consume animals and animal products and while our bodies might be able to go well without it, I don't think it's exactly harmful to consume it.

What really sets me off though is if vegans or vegetarians try to talk non-vegan/vegetarian peopel into stop eating meat and trying to make them feel bad for doing so, and also vice versa, if non-vegan/vegetarian people make vegan/vegetarian people feel bad for what they chose to eat (for example they were saying vegan sausages/(fake) meat was disgusting at a BBQ when a vegan friend of mine was participating and brought her own stuff to throw on the grill)

blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by blufawn » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:31 am

I was a vegetarian for three years until I became pregnant and the doctor convinced me I needed fish at the very least as I was very ill during pregnancy (nothings changed this time around despite no longer being a veggy) now, although I eat meat there are certain things I wont touch, I try very hard to buy british meats as standards in Europe are not as high, where possible I rear my own animals for the plate as I know they have been treated well. I do not eat Veal, but if I did I would only buy British Rose and nothing from the continent. I ALWAYS bought free range eggs and my mother would get a dressing down if she forgot, now my chickens lay their own eggs. I think there is a lot the consumer can do to help improve animal welfare by buying organic or from local farms, but cheap chicken and cheap foriegn foods will always prevail
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Mylingen
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Mylingen » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:34 pm

Nikola1985Ghaeltacht wrote:Being a vegetarian is nonsense to me. Humans eat meet thats the way we work!
Right, so because you are not a vegetarian yourself, you think it's nonsense?
You couldn't possibly see it from other people's perspective then?
I have been a vegetarian for 8 years, for several different reasons, and for someone to say that it's just nonsense because "Humans eat meet thats the way we work!" seems terribly ignorant to me.

Mylingen
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Mylingen » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:42 pm

Tatzel wrote: What really sets me off though is if vegans or vegetarians try to talk non-vegan/vegetarian peopel into stop eating meat and trying to make them feel bad for doing so,
I try hard not to impose my vegetarian ideas on people, but you would be surprised how often I am provoked into stating my reasons for being one,
and then being told I'm a rabid activist who is trying to make other people vegetarian by doing so.
What I mean is that sometimes, maybe a vegetarian is trying to explain why they don't eat meat, and other people interpreting it as an attempt to 'turn' others into veggies as well.

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:33 pm

Mylingen wrote:and then being told I'm a rabid activist who is trying to make other people vegetarian by doing so.
What I mean is that sometimes, maybe a vegetarian is trying to explain why they don't eat meat, and other people interpreting it as an attempt to 'turn' others into veggies as well.
I noticed that people who still eat meat sometimes seem to be offended when hearing out a vegetarian's reasons, and I'm not exactly sure why. I'm going to graps into the air and assume that some of the offended people might feel guilty about eating meat so recklessly (not making somehow sure/checking if the animals had a decent life before being killed etc)? Like they feel personally attacked for stating the obvious, or something.

When vegan/vegetarian and non-vegan/vegetarian people argue, the points can get so low and silly. Like once in class people judged a vegan girl to despise eating animals and animal products but blamed her on wearing leather belts/shoes, it was kind of ridicolous and pointless imho.

MelB
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by MelB » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:53 pm

All very interesting.

I have been accosted by a complete stranger for wearing leather, (way back when I was only about 16, a child), and seen grown adults kick up a "toddler style" tantrum on holiday when they didn't get meat EVERY single day.

Each to their own. I eat meat (not like in the rabidly ridiculous example above, I hasten to add). I'm not ashamed but then I also try to make sure it has been raised organically & free range - not for my benefit but the benefit of the animals.

As for feeding dogs, they get kibble which includes vegetables. I don't agree with feeding just meat to dogs because given a chance they'd eat the *whole* animal including guts which invariably would contain digested plant material from herbivores.

blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by blufawn » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:57 pm

I have to admit I do find veggys wearing leather to be a bit hypocritical

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:09 pm

blufawn wrote:I have to admit I do find veggys wearing leather to be a bit hypocritical
I am a vegetarian that wears fur... My hunting friends would of tossed it so I would rather tan it and use it then it go to waste. Then again I don't care if people eat meat in front of me... bring me the meat and I will even cook it for you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:23 pm

blufawn wrote:I have to admit I do find veggys wearing leather to be a bit hypocritical
I think it depends, if they don't eat meat because they simply don't like the taste, then no.

But if they don't eat meat out of morals, then yes, I also think that is quite a little hypocritical.
But again to each their own and I won't nudge anyone about it unless they get into my hair about eating meat.

Tsir
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Tsir » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:36 pm

Tatzel wrote:When vegan/vegetarian and non-vegan/vegetarian people argue, the points can get so low and silly. Like once in class people judged a vegan girl to despise eating animals and animal products but blamed her on wearing leather belts/shoes, it was kind of ridicolous and pointless imho.
My grandfather Is so pro-christian, the whole family hates him for his preaching and mumbling. Some time ago, he subscribed us to some religious monthly magazine. We changed the subscriber name to our boxer :lol: Our dog is christian WOooo :lol:
Know Your Onions, they are tasty

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:24 am

Tsir wrote:
Tatzel wrote:When vegan/vegetarian and non-vegan/vegetarian people argue, the points can get so low and silly. Like once in class people judged a vegan girl to despise eating animals and animal products but blamed her on wearing leather belts/shoes, it was kind of ridicolous and pointless imho.
My grandfather Is so pro-christian, the whole family hates him for his preaching and mumbling. Some time ago, he subscribed us to some religious monthly magazine. We changed the subscriber name to our boxer :lol: Our dog is christian WOooo :lol:
LOL! That's awesome! Just make sure the dog doesn't start preaching religion to his/her buddies. ;)

Canadia
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Canadia » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:00 am

I was a vegetarian for over a decade before I became somewhat selfish and jaded after getting up close and personal with some bitchy cows. Now that I know I both fear and dislike cows I can eat them again! But in all honesty, I felt that if I couldn't personally kill an animal I had no right to eat one - there is a huge disconnect between us and our food!

In terms of vegetarian diets and dogs, I spoke to a sales rep for Royal Canin today and they've just put out a vegetarian line of dog food because, apparently dogs are more likely to develop an allergy to the chicken used in most dog foods than a wheat allergy. Has anyone come across this?

MelB
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by MelB » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:44 am

Canadia wrote:I was a vegetarian for over a decade before I became somewhat selfish and jaded after getting up close and personal with some bitchy cows. Now that I know I both fear and dislike cows I can eat them again! But in all honesty, I felt that if I couldn't personally kill an animal I had no right to eat one - there is a huge disconnect between us and our food!

In terms of vegetarian diets and dogs, I spoke to a sales rep for Royal Canin today and they've just put out a vegetarian line of dog food because, apparently dogs are more likely to develop an allergy to the chicken used in most dog foods than a wheat allergy. Has anyone come across this?
I've not come across any veggy dog foods but I knew that chicken could be allergenic to dogs. That's why we feed ours a lamb based kibble - James Well-Beloved Lamb & Veg, this variety also benefits from not having any cereals, getting it carbs from potatoes. All other JWB varieties use rice instead of corn/wheat. Have used this for 6 years and the dogs have done really well on it.

Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tatzel » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:33 pm

Tsir wrote:My grandfather Is so pro-christian, the whole family hates him for his preaching and mumbling. Some time ago, he subscribed us to some religious monthly magazine. We changed the subscriber name to our boxer :lol: Our dog is christian WOooo :lol:
That is hilarious! :lol:

blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by blufawn » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:46 pm

My Canadian Eskimo Dog is intolerant to Chicken, Turkey, Beef, Rabbit and Pork. But he can eat wheat without issue. He is now on a salmon based food, fish4dogs. I don't think I'd feed him a veggy diet unless I 100% had to.

Nikola1985Ghaeltacht
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Nikola1985Ghaeltacht » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:06 pm

Mylingen wrote:
Nikola1985Ghaeltacht wrote:Being a vegetarian is nonsense to me. Humans eat meet thats the way we work!
I have been a vegetarian for 8 years, for several different reasons, and for someone to say that it's just nonsense because "Humans eat meet thats the way we work!" seems terribly ignorant to me.
Who stuck a broom up your ass??? :shock:

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Valravn » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:26 pm

……Please watch your language.....

Nikola1985Ghaeltacht
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Nikola1985Ghaeltacht » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:36 pm

Valravn wrote:……Please watch your language.....
sorry :(

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:48 pm

AZDehlin wrote:
I am a vegetarian that wears fur... My hunting friends would of tossed it so I would rather tan it and use it then it go to waste. Then again I don't care if people eat meat in front of me... bring me the meat and I will even cook it for you :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think I remember you saying that you did not eat meat because you did not like the taste, not because of any ethical reasons, so in your case its not hypocritical, just you not liking waste, which is good.

For my family I try and buy free range meat and eggs, there is even a local cooperative whole food shop that stocks local/organic veg, shame its a vegan shop and does not stock meat :lol: When I am organised with my shopping I like to get my veg there, to be honest if it did do meat I probably would buy a lot more from there as I could get most of my shopping in one place, yes I am that lazy :lol: The only time I get the cheep meat is for Saga, sorry, but I can not quite afford her meat habit otherwise.

blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by blufawn » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:41 am

Live and let live...... If someone wants to be veggy or vegan, while meat eaters may think it strange and perhaps even unnatural, there is no reason to get so passionate about it, they are not doing any harm.
The whole world will not suddenly become veggy, because if they did then cows and sheep will be things you only really see in zoo's, although I do know 2 people with a pet sheep having said that....

Mylingen
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Mylingen » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:03 am

Wow, what a complete waste of effort that was.

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:23 pm

Years ago when I was in high school, I told my mum I wanted to be a vegetarian... And she went and cooked some bacon. I didn't last very long. I always make sure I buy free range eggs and chicken though. I don't really eat red meat.
Image Image

Canadia
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Canadia » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:37 pm

Kyliedelonge wrote:Years ago when I was in high school, I told my mum I wanted to be a vegetarian... And she went and cooked some bacon. I didn't last very long.
:lol: Your mom sounds like a clever woman!

blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by blufawn » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:44 pm

My son wanted to become a veggy when he was about 7. I told him that I didnt mind and if it was what he wanted id support him and cook him only veggy dishes. I only had to mention bacon, sausage and pepperoni pizza to make him change his mind lol

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:55 pm

Mylingen wrote:
Tatzel wrote: What really sets me off though is if vegans or vegetarians try to talk non-vegan/vegetarian peopel into stop eating meat and trying to make them feel bad for doing so,
I try hard not to impose my vegetarian ideas on people, but you would be surprised how often I am provoked into stating my reasons for being one,
and then being told I'm a rabid activist who is trying to make other people vegetarian by doing so.
You're probably right about that, I can totally respect that people are Vegetarians, maybe even understand in some way, but I think that's how long I can go.
I just love meat too much, and even though I have read all the stuff about men not original being Omnivores but actually Herbivores I just don't want to live without eating meat, I think only meat is boring as hell, and I think only veggies are boring as hell.. So I Just eat both..

I do ask people for their reasons, as I find them interesting, but there is a big difference in trying to turn people and just talking about it :)
I won't try turning a vegetarian either I promise ;)
>> Nino <<

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:48 pm

Mylingen wrote:
Who stuck a broom up your ass??? :shock:

:lol: :? sorry :oops:
is that not a vegan?

a vegan won't wear anything that came from an animal, won't eat eggs (nor foods containing eggs such as Quorn), no dairy products such as cows milk, cheese and yoghurt... not even honey... but countless vegetarian's will wear leather and such... :D they just won't eat the flesh...

i tried been a vegetarian when i was 5 but i would still eat fish and chicken :oops: ... now, i love steak... as much as i wish i could give it up... sadly i can't :oops:

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein