Threats

All off-topic discussions; a place to discuss anything and everything!
Post Reply
User avatar
Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1402
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:59 am
Location: Perth, Australia
Contact:

Threats

Post by Booma » Sat May 05, 2012 6:43 pm

I hope this is the right place to post this
Margaret and I have both received what can only be called threats from a forum member that the Australian embassy will be contacted that we are importing wolfdogs into Australia, which may result in our dogs being PTS. They claim they have had their dog positivey tested as a wolfdog, and strongly suggest we do the same. They also say that they don't want this posted on the forum, but I'm not about to keep this quiet. I don't believe at all that our dogs contain wolf blood, and will not change my mind about getting my boy because someone is sending threats like this.
Image Image

User avatar
nivenj
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:33 pm
Location: UK

Re: Threats

Post by nivenj » Sat May 05, 2012 7:06 pm

Kylievr wrote:I hope this is the right place to post this
Margaret and I have both received what can only be called threats from a forum member that the Australian embassy will be contacted that we are importing wolfdogs into Australia, which may result in our dogs being PTS. They claim they have had their dog positivey tested as a wolfdog, and strongly suggest we do the same. They also say that they don't want this posted on the forum, but I'm not about to keep this quiet. I don't believe at all that our dogs contain wolf blood, and will not change my mind about getting my boy because someone is sending threats like this.
Name and shame them so the committee can investigate and ban them if appropriate. I can guess who it is though as they have been very vocal on this in past threads and generally pains in the @ss. Pay them no head.
Image
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” --Aristotle *

User avatar
issylupus
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Posts: 600
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:32 am
Location: Argyll, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Threats

Post by issylupus » Sat May 05, 2012 7:08 pm

perhapse the threat was made to discourage you from getting your GENUINE Tamaskan and then later the "Non tamaskan's" will have the Australian manopoly....or am I just being sinacal !!!!
Image

User avatar
Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1402
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:59 am
Location: Perth, Australia
Contact:

Re: Threats

Post by Booma » Sat May 05, 2012 7:12 pm

issylupus wrote:perhapse the threat was made to discourage you from getting your GENUINE Tamaskan and then later the "Non tamaskan's" will have the Australian manopoly....or am I just being sinacal !!!!

It's not rpk, it's someone who has been active on this topic, as Nivenj has said I'm not sure I want to post names as I don't want to turn this into a huge fight, I just wanted it out there that threats have been made and they won't scare me into not getting my (100% dog) baby
Image Image

User avatar
nivenj
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:33 pm
Location: UK

Re: Threats

Post by nivenj » Sat May 05, 2012 7:21 pm

Kylievr wrote:
issylupus wrote:perhapse the threat was made to discourage you from getting your GENUINE Tamaskan and then later the "Non tamaskan's" will have the Australian manopoly....or am I just being sinacal !!!!

It's not rpk, it's someone who has been active on this topic, as Nivenj has said I'm not sure I want to post names as I don't want to turn this into a huge fight, I just wanted it out there that threats have been made and they won't scare me into not getting my (100% dog) baby
Good for you :-)
Image
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” --Aristotle *

User avatar
Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1402
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:59 am
Location: Perth, Australia
Contact:

Re: Threats

Post by Booma » Sat May 05, 2012 7:25 pm

Quote:
"I must warn you. If you get a puppy from the bloodlines (Heidi, Summer, Skye, Jodie, Bodie and JJ) … I will inform the Australian embassy in London. This is a very serious issue."
Image Image

User avatar
Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1402
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:59 am
Location: Perth, Australia
Contact:

Re: Threats

Post by Booma » Sat May 05, 2012 7:35 pm

We will both be contacting DEFRA about this.
Image Image

User avatar
nivenj
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:33 pm
Location: UK

Re: Threats

Post by nivenj » Sat May 05, 2012 7:56 pm

Kylievr wrote:We will both be contacting DEFRA about this.
I'm not sure about AUS but in the UK as long as the dog is F3 or above its not an issue. I'm fairly sure that policy is based on guidance from DEFRA so if AUS follow the same guidelines its a mute point surely.

I'm sure Lynn/Jenny would know if Rooks Great Great Grandfather/Grandmother was a purebred wolf :-S

Its a shame that the enjoyment of these great dogs can be spoilt bya couple of assholes. I mean seriously, even if by some impossible chance it was true, why the hell do these people find it necessary to poke their nose into other peoples bussiness? I'd like to give them a damn good slap.
Image
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” --Aristotle *

User avatar
Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1402
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:59 am
Location: Perth, Australia
Contact:

Re: Threats

Post by Booma » Sat May 05, 2012 8:06 pm

Yes its f5 for Australia.
Image Image

User avatar
Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1402
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:59 am
Location: Perth, Australia
Contact:

Re: Threats

Post by Booma » Sat May 05, 2012 8:08 pm

It's not just a matter of telling us what he believes is the truth, but threatening to tell people who could put our boys to sleep
Image Image

User avatar
Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3106
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:13 am
Location: Aalborg - Denmark

Re: Threats

Post by Nino » Sat May 05, 2012 9:18 pm

Kylievr wrote:Oh he cares for the dogs?
I can´t take any regard for the fate of individuals. If Lynn won´t be stopped right now, ... then there will be much more animals at risk.
Sounds like he reeeaaaally cares.
Right so he doesn't care at all.. that's why he would say that there would be more animals at risk..
And that's why he is contacting people beforehand.. makes sense I can see that..
>> Nino <<
Image

User avatar
Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 7:53 am
Location: UK

Re: Threats

Post by Blustag » Sat May 05, 2012 11:25 pm

OK just seen all this crap. Firstly it is Marc J. here on the forum that started off this crap in Germany last year. All the
sheep including the Munsterland kennels followed him all believing that there is wolf in our breed :roll: They started up their
own little circle of friends and are holding their own little show or meeting in Germany or whatever you want to call it. Some people
on here wanted to attend but were very rudely told they wernt welcome as they had a Blustag dog... :roll: Just shows you what
kind of people these people are. Marc J. started it and now he has been thrown out... dont know the reason why yet! SO.. he
is now on his own. He has been sending me very sick emails for the last couple of weeks which I have ignored. I have now blocked him from my mail box so what does he do... sends me pm on the forum :roll: He really does need a shrink.

Secondly. So he went to Finland??? did he??? I have heard that the dna he tried to collect from 'a dog' (could have been 'any' dog) couldnt be obtained as dog in question wouldnt allow swab to be taken. Where is the proof that his dog has wolf content? anyone
seen it?? ALSO, I was contacted by a certain lab in USA that wanted to do FREE wolf testing on my dogs :lol: They normally
charge quite a fee... why FREE??? I spoke to them at length and they told me that the testing WASNT 100% and that there is room
for error... so Im going to get my dogs tested...for FREE... and have them make a mistake... yeah right!! Where is the PROOF that
any samples of dna taken are from actual TAMASKAN? could have been taken from any animal to make it look like there is wolf in
the Tamaskan..right? HOW does Marc J. know what animals in Finland were used in my breeding programme.

For those that dont know. I lived in Finland and only myself and Jenny know what matings took place whilst we were there.
We lived in the middle of nowhere. The person who started all this off way back then is Tuuli K. who was NEVER at my house
when matings took place nor did she ever see any of my litters of puppies yet she professes to know exactly what dogs were used
on what bitches.. the mind boggles. She is someone I refused a puppy to and has since tried to get her revenge by starting off this
wolf hybrid crap.

Getting sampling done is NOT going to be the end of it as I explained above...errors occur.

I refuse to be rattled by these idiots. I could think of far worse to call them but wont put it here. Marc J. has told me that
he wants to ruin my sales of puppies and stop people from buying from me. IF it wernt for both myself and Jenny there would be NO
Tamaskan and NONE of you would have your lovely dogs.

IF ANYONE HERE IS NOT SATISFIED WITH THEIR BLUSTAG PUPPY/ADULT THEN LET ME HAVE IT BACK... I WILL PAY FOR TRANSPORT
AND REFUND IN FULL NO PROBLEM. I WOULD RATHER HAVE MY PUPPY BACK THAN IN THE HANDS OF DISBELIEVERS. SPEAK UP NOW.

User avatar
Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2554
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:16 pm
Location: Canada (North York, Ontario)

Re: Threats

Post by Tiantai » Sun May 06, 2012 1:34 am

Very well said Lynn,

To Kylievr, it's better not to respond to anymore of those messages from that corrupt individual.
Image

User avatar
Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Posts: 512
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:17 am
Location: Berlin

Re: Threats

Post by Tatzel » Sun May 06, 2012 1:47 am

It's really sad that you get so much stink eyes for having created this breed. I can only imagine it to be kind of frustrating, and I would have never guessed there can be such a large downside to breeding and establishing a new one (on the other hand, I'm sure it brings a lot of joy and great people to meet, too!)

Personally speaking, even IF Tams had any recent wolf ancestry, as long as they don't behave like wolves and make great family pets I honestly couldn't care less about their origin as breed.
It's good to know that they do not have any recent wolf ancestry in them though, because Germany's got a bunch of tight laws when it comes to keeping wild animals and crossbreeds.

I don't know anyone of you personally, but I told you before that you seem like a responsible breeder who knows what she's doing.

I don't know why anyone would take the bait to false claims especially if they could see on their very own dogs that there was no wolf (or wolfdog, for that matter) involved into breeding this breed - not for approx 13.000 years, anyway.
I mean especially the german breeder who did 'fall' for it basically hurt their own reputation with it.
Wouldn't it mean their Tams are (lowcontent)wolfdogs also - and as far as I know wolf-hybrids aren't allowed in Germany (you need a special license and certainly a large enclosure outside of your house to be allowed to keep a wolfdog, at least a high content one which is F1, F2 and maybe even F3, I don't know exactly). I mean who would want to buy a puppy they aren't allowed to keep? Or something like that.
Image

User avatar
Canadia
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:16 pm
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Re: Threats

Post by Canadia » Sun May 06, 2012 2:17 am

I know that my Blustag puppy has become my heart and soul and the poor guy can't even hunt a mouse - trust me - there's no wolf in my four-legged soulmate :lol: Bottom line - these are DOGS who, admittedly might be a bit mischievous and cheeky from time to time, but are beautiful, playful and intelligent - Lynn you can't have Finch back - he's mine and I'm staying put on your waitlist too! <3

User avatar
Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2739
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:48 am
Location: Calgary, AB
Contact:

Re: Threats

Post by Katlin » Sun May 06, 2012 4:12 am

Oh for christ's sake. This AGAIN!!!??? Kylie you must understand that there are people that will do anything to keep you from getting a dog that is, in their OPINION, a wolf dog. It's bull, this is about YOU and YOUR dog, NOT ANYONE ELSE (lol sorry about the caps). Contact your aus authorities yourself, pay for the test (as you said you would) and ignore the shmucks who are trying to ruin this for you!!!
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

User avatar
Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1402
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:59 am
Location: Perth, Australia
Contact:

Re: Threats

Post by Booma » Sun May 06, 2012 5:49 am

As people have suggested, I don't plan on replying to this person again, and have asked them not to contact me. I do intend to contact the right people and talk to them about this.
I never meant to start all this when I posted the thread, I'm just not a fan of secrets and talking behind peoples backs. If someone wants to lock this thread I don't mind.
Image Image

shurr
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:00 am
Location: California

Re: Threats

Post by shurr » Sun May 06, 2012 7:05 am

Reading this just makes me so frustrated at the amount of people that try to sabatogue other legitimate breeders. I for one am ecstatic for my potential future with a blustag puppy. Keep fighting. I for one believe Lynn 100% :]

User avatar
issylupus
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Posts: 600
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:32 am
Location: Argyll, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Threats

Post by issylupus » Sun May 06, 2012 7:25 am

shurr wrote:Reading this just makes me so frustrated at the amount of people that try to sabatogue other legitimate breeders. I for one am ecstatic for my potential future with a blustag puppy. Keep fighting. I for one believe Lynn 100% :]
I second this oppinion. Lynn and Jenny are a GENUINE dog lovers. What they have achieved with the Tamaskan breed, I believe, has been driven by love of their dogs and not money or fame. I have met them both at their home and it was an honor to be allowed to do so. If they were putting 'wolf' into the breed then it would just totally undermine their princables, and that just would'nt fit with the kind of people they are.
Do your own reserch before buying a dog and you will QUICKLY see in the internet where the money driven people are. Would they offer a refund for a dog at any age and offer to collect it as well ???? that say's a lot in my book.
If you are a grown adult then surely you can make informed desissions for your self and other peoples petty crap should not sway you in making a desission.
....and Kylievr, I think you were right to post this information. The more people discuss the Tamaskan breed the better, and all the information is then open for everyone to learn from. How can we grow and learn, if we dont discuss ????
Image

User avatar
TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3274
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:56 am
Location: UK, East Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: With Regret / Why cannot I not respond to Nivenj?

Post by TerriHolt » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:22 pm

Kylievr wrote:
He got banned for "threatening and harassing forum members and their dogs" through PM's and emails...
My thread about marc sending threatening pms and emails seem to have disappeared (and not for the first time). people deserve to know that there are petty, vindictive people out there who will do anything they can (no matter who they have to step on to do it), to try to destroy someone they dont like. i would like my thread restored.
Well most of us were angry with him for doing that because lynn convinced us all that the wolf dog claims were a lie...

But now there is truth to it, maybe he had a point... Not the way in which he did it and maybe not balto but if Jodie off spring shows to have wolf content and the rumors about her are true, what will happen to rook if he is tested?
If i were a breeder, i would care enough about my pups to not want to take the risk... As a future owner, and the truth coming out like it did, i would not want to take the risk of anything bad possibly happening when he could have a happy life somewhere he is 100% guaranteed to be legal...
Just saying...
Image

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

User avatar
Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1402
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:59 am
Location: Perth, Australia
Contact:

Re: With Regret / Why cannot I not respond to Nivenj?

Post by Booma » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:43 am

TerriHolt wrote:
Kylievr wrote:
He got banned for "threatening and harassing forum members and their dogs" through PM's and emails...
My thread about marc sending threatening pms and emails seem to have disappeared (and not for the first time). people deserve to know that there are petty, vindictive people out there who will do anything they can (no matter who they have to step on to do it), to try to destroy someone they dont like. i would like my thread restored.
Well most of us were angry with him for doing that because lynn convinced us all that the wolf dog claims were a lie...

But now there is truth to it, maybe he had a point... Not the way in which he did it and maybe not balto but if Jodie off spring shows to have wolf content and the rumors about her are true, what will happen to rook if he is tested?
If i were a breeder, i would care enough about my pups to not want to take the risk... As a future owner, and the truth coming out like it did, i would not want to take the risk of anything bad possibly happening when he could have a happy life somewhere he is 100% guaranteed to be legal.
Just saying...
Terri how would you feel if he contacted your government and told then you had an illegal wolfdog?? Did he think at all that this could affect tuskyn that's already here??? He could be seized thanks
to this.
Image Image

User avatar
TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3274
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:56 am
Location: UK, East Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: With Regret / Why cannot I not respond to Nivenj?

Post by TerriHolt » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:40 am

Kylievr wrote:
TerriHolt wrote:
Kylievr wrote:
My thread about marc sending threatening pms and emails seem to have disappeared (and not for the first time). people deserve to know that there are petty, vindictive people out there who will do anything they can (no matter who they have to step on to do it), to try to destroy someone they dont like. i would like my thread restored.
Well most of us were angry with him for doing that because lynn convinced us all that the wolf dog claims were a lie...

But now there is truth to it, maybe he had a point... Not the way in which he did it and maybe not balto but if Jodie off spring shows to have wolf content and the rumors about her are true, what will happen to rook if he is tested?
If i were a breeder, i would care enough about my pups to not want to take the risk... As a future owner, and the truth coming out like it did, i would not want to take the risk of anything bad possibly happening when he could have a happy life somewhere he is 100% guaranteed to be legal.
Just saying...
Terri how would you feel if he contacted your government and told then you had an illegal wolfdog?? Did he think at all that this could affect tuskyn that's already here??? He could be seized thanks
to this.

He wouldn't have had to... I wouldn't take the risk... I'd ask if i could have a pup not connected to the wolf dog rumors or ask for him testing and the results sending straight to me (not her) before he is sent to aus. All it takes it for Rooks neighbors or someone on a walk or a day trip out of town to shout "wolf" and if he tests positive, what will happen to him?
There may be no risk at all, but there may be and until lynn tell's the whole truth, no one will ever know 100% for sure and simply wouldn't risk that, it wouldn't be worth what could happen to him.
Image

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

User avatar
Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1402
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:59 am
Location: Perth, Australia
Contact:

Re: With Regret / Why cannot I not respond to Nivenj?

Post by Booma » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:46 am

Oh what a fantastic idea Terri. We can just ask for a frigging different dog. That will solve everything. Margs and I aren't emotionally invested in our dogs at all. And I ask again. What about tuskyn???
Image Image

User avatar
TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3274
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:56 am
Location: UK, East Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: With Regret / Why cannot I not respond to Nivenj?

Post by TerriHolt » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:09 pm

Kylievr wrote:Oh what a fantastic idea Terri. We can just ask for a frigging different dog. That will solve everything. Margs and I aren't emotionally invested in our dogs at all.
So because she is emotionally attached to the pups, she is willing to risk him been pts for been illegal? I'd love the pup enough to give it a real chance of a life where, regardless of wolf content, he would be legal and guaranteed a long life...

Yes, she has grown to love the pup and is immensely excited beyond control... I can, more than some, understand that but it is about what is best for the pup, not what is best for the people... Surely...

I wasn't going to say anything as frustratingly upsetting for me as it is (i hate to think of the potention trouble the boy could be in due to breeder stupidity) but you mentioned someone been the bad guy when he could potentially be saving the life of the pup... That whole discussion to me is invalid and not relevant anymore as all the denials and pushing the blame to the other side by Lynn is a proven, blatant lie.
Kylievr wrote:And I ask again. What about tuskyn???
Tuskyn wouldn't be in danger as he is not from the lines that the Wolfdog is a part of, same as Balto isn't. I wanted to check my suspicions and facts before i answered that...

Edit: I took it way off topic... I'm sorry :oops:
Image

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

User avatar
Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1402
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:59 am
Location: Perth, Australia
Contact:

Re: Threats

Post by Booma » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:19 pm

That's bull. That's like saying they aren't going to seize a dog that looks like a pit when it isn't. If they hear about tuskyn then they will seize him.
It was done to Lennox. It's happening to rocket right now (in aus) they think the dog is illegal, they're gonna go take it.
Image Image

User avatar
TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3274
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:56 am
Location: UK, East Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Threats

Post by TerriHolt » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:19 pm

Ok, ok... if you say so (even tho it's like saying any Tamaskan will be seized if wolf dogs are illegal, regardless of the lines). With pit's, they have to measure square, there are no measurements like that for wolfdogs so they will have to take papers and facts into account... Wolf dog measurement's would be similar to so many breeds it would be impossible...
Tuskyn's papers will show he is not of the same lines, but...
I am not going to continue arguing about it because that was not my intention... Just to point out that it is not Marc who is the petty one or even vindictive because i think that is hugely unfair when non of this is anyone's fault but the so called founder... That would be Lynn...
And i also realize that, just because i would not risk the life of an innocent pup because "i want it", doesn't mean others won't... Everyone is different. It is and always will be down to the breeder (Lynn) what ever happens to the pup when knowingly sending to countries they may be illegal in (rook) because she was more than willing to send him (I hope he live's a very long and happy life btw) and i hope the authorities won't be held accountable if they find out he is illegal because his owner insisted on him coming in light of recent revelations instead of doing the right thing by the boy...

I also suggested, to make sure he will be safe, to have him tested before he goes... It can't be Lynn who does it because she will use any dog that will test negative and to have the results sent straight to the owner...
Image

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

User avatar
Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 1051
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 4:22 pm
Location: Ohio, USA

Re: Threats

Post by Valravn » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:26 pm

TerriHolt wrote:Ok, ok... if you say so (even tho it's like saying any Tamaskan will be seized if wolf dogs are illegal, regardless of the lines).
I have to jump in here…
Do you really think authorities will take "lines" into account? I doubt it. They will hear "that Tamaskan is a wolfdog" which becomes "Tamaskans are wolfdogs". To say he would somehow be safe because there are no measurements for wolfdogs is ridiculous. How many husky mixes are put to sleep because someone just thought they looked wolfy?

Rahne

Re: Threats

Post by Rahne » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:53 pm

Valravn wrote:
TerriHolt wrote:Ok, ok... if you say so (even tho it's like saying any Tamaskan will be seized if wolf dogs are illegal, regardless of the lines).
I have to jump in here…
Do you really think authorities will take "lines" into account? I doubt it. They will hear "that Tamaskan is a wolfdog" which becomes "Tamaskans are wolfdogs". To say he would somehow be safe because there are no measurements for wolfdogs is ridiculous. How many husky mixes are put to sleep because someone just thought they looked wolfy?
I also doubt they will take bloodlines into account. What could become a possibility though is that they take the 'wolf hybrid testing' into account and in that case Tuskyn and Balto will test negative and Rook will have a high chance of testing positive...

User avatar
Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2554
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:16 pm
Location: Canada (North York, Ontario)

Re: Threats

Post by Tiantai » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:12 am

I also have doubts that the authorities are going to listen to bloodlines but I really hope that if wolf-testing is done and it comes out negative they will take it as "just another domestic dog". I have asked DAFF before out of personal curiousity about the legality in an email regarding any possible Wolfdogs or Bengal cats being imported into Australia and they sent me this in response:
Dear Lucas,

The primary role of DAFF Biosecurity (formerly Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service - AQIS) is to minimise the risk of exotic pests and diseases entering Australia by administering the Commonwealth Quarantine Act 1908.

The Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population & Community (SEWPaC) is responsible for administering the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act (EPBC Act). The EPBC Act establishes a list of specimens that are approved for live import (“List of Specimens taken to be Suitable for Live Import”). If a species is not on the list of approved imports, it cannot be imported into Australia. Any domestic/non-domestic animal hybrids (e.g. Bengal cats or wolf crosses) are not eligible for import unless they are five (5) generations or more removed from their pure-bred non-domestic ancestors.

Should you require further information regarding prohibited breeds, you will need to contact the Australian Government Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities (SEWPaC)
And that's pretty much all they told me. However, from the way I see it, showing them line pedigrees still might not help! Overall, I agree with the comment above by Valravn, pedigrees don't always work in some legal cases as some authorities are aware that pedigrees can be forged to hide wild ancestry whether it's a dog or cat and although I don't know fully how they investigate cases like this in Australia, I know that in Ontario it is often VERY tough to convince a court if an alleged wolfdog-cross looks very wolf-like and have heard from actual wolfdog owners here that people in my province have lost their mutts before due to not having a proper licence as well as some having behaviour issues even while some of these dogs weren't wolfdogs. However, such cases here (at least in Ontario) are not as common compared to some states in the US since many people here do get away with owning wolfdogs as long as no one in their neighbourhood reports them (and most Ontarian wolfdog owners choose to live in environments where they know that their companions would not cause trouble in the neighbourhood) but sadly not everyone is lucky. I do hope the Australian laws would take a negative wolf-testing as proof. The last thing I want to see is another innocent dog getting taken away all because of some alleged wild ancestry. Good luck to Kylie and Margaret, my prayer that you will be able to get a Tamaskan and live happily with it is on you.
Image

User avatar
TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3274
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:56 am
Location: UK, East Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Threats

Post by TerriHolt » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:30 am

Well, if you guys think the papers won't matter then Rook is risking trouble for Balto and Tuskyn regardless of who marc contacted or told what to who... people who see you on a walk could do more damage than Marc could.

RSPCA came to my door because i got reported for having an under weight (visible ribs apparently not accepted in my society) wolf hybrid (i still suspect it was the person who threatened to shoot him and told me i should be ashamed of my self for taking that out in public :evil: ) when Sam was 7 month old. She assessed his rib visibility, weighed him in her van and went through 10 times what he ate in a day... Saying that it didn't make sense him eating so much and still having visible ribs...

In regards to the wolf hybrid she had to call the dog warden who initially said she had to take him but as it turned out, she had no grounds to... The dog warden spent a total of 3 days, 4 hrs a day going through the wolf dog claims by various groups and taking screen shots of the forum and saving it to memory stick. I even said i would be willing to have him tested... Showed the Husky linage he came from and explained the GSD mixing which basically said he is a Husky/GSD/Mal cross... Showed her everything i possibly could and gave her Lynn's e-mail address as she is the "founder" (not sure if they contacted her or not, she never said anything).
The information on the forum from founders, committee members, breeders and my eagerness to test him and the fact we are allowed to own F3's which are not wolf hybrids had the whole thing written off as one of the many false claims they get... He didn't act "wolf hybrid-y", he didn't even act "wolf doggy" which even some F3's do so she doubted there were any content at all and with the information i showed her on the forum...

Apparently they get a lot of complaints about Husky wolf hybrids because that's what owners claim they are.
She said they don't normally take second reports seriously but, just in case, advised me in future to tell people he is a Husky cross because i got lucky it was her who came and no one else as they usually seize first, ask questions later but wolf dogs get crossed with all sorts of breeds so there is no set criteria to say "yes, thats a wolf dog... I'm taking it"... Having no set guidelines makes it more complicated...

(Just been trying to find the papers she left me with everything she noted, everything that was discussed and her deceleration of it been a false claim but i must have lost them when moving...)

There you have it... My sole reason for been so worried about Rook going to aus... I'm not arguing for arguing's sake... She sure no one will report? I mean 1000% sure? I was sure no one would report, look how that worked out for me. I had never been so scared in my entire life... I honestly thought I was going to lose my boy because of some know-it-all who has been giving me trouble for a while based on what he looks like and her "opinion".

What if the same thing happens and they insist on testing Rook? It could hurt chances of importing other Tamaskans in the future and since it has been pointed out that papers won't matter, Balto and Tuskyn won't be as safe as i thought if they decide all Tamaskans are wolf dogs... I went all out to prove my dog wasn't a wolf hybrid, what could be done for Rook? The forum can no longer be used as proof of "wolf dogs without the wolf" except only certain lines are affected and some are not... But again, that won't save Rook...
Image

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

User avatar
martinbernstein
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:14 am
Location: Catskill Mountains

Re: Threats

Post by martinbernstein » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:23 pm

TerriHolt, sorry you had to go through all that. I would've been so scared if I were in that position.

This is precisely why I refer to Froya as a racing husky mix. I rarely try to explain what a Tamaskan is because I don't want to open up that can'o'worms. Even before the Blus left, one quick google search was all it took to see the word 'wolf dog' pop up.

Glad everything worked out ok for you in the end.

User avatar
Tatzel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Posts: 512
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:17 am
Location: Berlin

Re: Threats

Post by Tatzel » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:20 pm

martinbernstein wrote:This is precisely why I refer to Froya as a racing husky mix. I rarely try to explain what a Tamaskan is because I don't want to open up that can'o'worms. Even before the Blus left, one quick google search was all it took to see the word 'wolf dog' pop up.
Kinda sad you have to pretend your dog is something else, but I think just to be on the safe side, I'd do the same. Stupid Kevin and his Tamaskan Truth website, and of course the Blus who had to bring wolf into the bloodlines :(
Image

User avatar
martinbernstein
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:14 am
Location: Catskill Mountains

Re: Threats

Post by martinbernstein » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:50 pm

I don't see anything wrong with the Blus bringing in wolf content to create the breed. What's wrong is that they lied about it.

A lot of people want to own a dog with wolf content and many of them live in a state/country where hybrids and wolf dogs are perfectly legal.

But a lot of people who don't want a wolfdog and can't legally own one are now stuck with one because they inadvertently bought them from Lynn and other breeders.

Luckily i knew what I was getting before I got Froya because Reggie showed me exactly what her Aatus descended from. But I still call my Froya a husky because I travel through a lot of states where wolfdog laws are murky at best.

User avatar
Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 2554
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:16 pm
Location: Canada (North York, Ontario)

Re: Threats

Post by Tiantai » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:29 pm

Ah so that's why you called Frøya a racing husky or husky mix in one of your youtube videos despite her being a Tamaskan. I don't see anything wrong with calling Frøya or any other Tamaskan that either since the breed still has yet to be recognized and is still considered a mutt. I don't care about the wolf-content in some lines either as long as I'll have a wolfish companion to marathon with. Luckily, even those young Tamaskans today with known wolfdogs in their line like my favourite Jaeger are mostly dog but I don't want people getting the misinformations from google searching either. I do think that the No-Wolf Fable which does pop up when I goodle Tamaskan is still putting fear in some people as while I can see that there is truth in it, I still think that Takari was lifting her own tail in the process when writing it and that she could have worded it better.
Image

User avatar
Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3106
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:13 am
Location: Aalborg - Denmark

Re: Threats

Post by Nino » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:56 am

The whole problem with this is if "we" import illegal speciments into ex. Australia isn't it?
This means that "we" bring other ones that shouldn't be in danger, into the danger zone..
It would be much easier to "say" well "we" only import speciments that won't have or bring any problems.. Then "we" would never actually have to deal with the problems that "we" now have to face..

How can You ever say You want something so much that You are willing to bring others in danger? This is what I don't understand.

Australia happened to be so lucky that they had a clear sheet, they would be in control off what would get in pretty acurately.. This would be both a gift and a curse..
But by importing a dog that is very likely to be illegal and test positive for wolf markers.. The You taint that possibility.. And not only bring that one into danger - but all the others too..
And You cannot say that you were not warned about it beforehand.. It has been many months now since at least one advice to ask for a pup from another line was given.. But You choose to disgard this advice..
This is up to You and Your breeder.. Anything that happens from here on cannot be blamed anyone else but those people.
We all have the responsibility to not only think about ourselves but also the ones our actions might affect, fail to realize this and you might fail to understand that YOU have the power to change what could happen..



This is my personal opinion and should not be seen as the opinion of any group that I may and may not be part of.
>> Nino <<
Image

User avatar
TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)
Posts: 3274
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:56 am
Location: UK, East Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Threats

Post by TerriHolt » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:45 am

martinbernstein wrote:TerriHolt, sorry you had to go through all that. I would've been so scared if I were in that position.

This is precisely why I refer to Froya as a racing husky mix. I rarely try to explain what a Tamaskan is because I don't want to open up that can'o'worms. Even before the Blus left, one quick google search was all it took to see the word 'wolf dog' pop up.

Glad everything worked out ok for you in the end.
Thanks... Me too :D

I do now tell some people he is a husky mix or "a Rare Breed in development" (next bit spoken so quick that can't possibly catch it all) "Tamaskan", followed by "it's a mix of arctic breeds to create a more controllable husky type". I do feel a ping of guilt for not promoting the breed like a good owner should, i'm just so worried that people will Google and only see the "wolf content" not "possible wolf content" "some lines clear" and all that...

Sam is now dependent on me being a good judge of person and being careful what i say (he was anyway but i believed that it was a wolf free breed so had nothing to worry about :oops: :oops: :oops: ) because i don't think i would be so lucky if it was to happen again and i can't bare the thought of him being taken and PTS. The forum was in denial before which helped a huge amount but it's admitted now.

I'm going to have him tested now Rahne has the date base sorted and a considerable amount of dogs on there, when i get a new pedigree for him... If it comes back negative, it will be easier proof than working out the family tree to find out he is F23 or something :lol:
Image

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Post Reply