Getting yourself lost on purpose

All off-topic discussions; a place to discuss anything and everything!
Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Getting yourself lost on purpose

Post by Tiantai » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:46 pm

So while I'm on my two weeks off and taking a break from studying now that my winter semester examinations are over, I decided to start this topic to share about this "wandering around" habit of my own which often gets my parents worried since I still live under their roof at this moment.

I seem to have this habit of deliberately getting myself lost in strange places within and sometimes just outside of the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) just to discover new places that I often pass by when driving or taking the bus to school and home. Sometimes I feel that it is crucial to take a step out of your "safe spots" once in a while to broaden your view more, otherwise you don't learn anything. Dogs can do it better than us, I know that from experiences, Buddy getting lost occasionally and then making his way back and I later on heard from people saying that they saw him once alone passing by their lawn and I haven't even been in their area at the time.

When I was a child, getting lost was ALWAYS a nightmare, always clinging tightly on to my parents or relatives and I'm sure a lot of you also had those experiences when you were younger. In a way, I think that as I got older (starting from age 15) I began exploring more, even when out in the forest and once near Algonquin Park when I was just hiking and then just wandered like a carefree rogue in the wind. I still do it now every so often when I have ear;y classes and then done for the afternoon. Although during the mid-terms and onwards I would spend most of my time studying, there are times when " just decide after class "f*** this, I'm off for a long walk!" and there I go wandering into strange places sometimes running into wild animals like urban porcupines which I didn't even actually lived in Toronto until one recent walk when I was coming home from Scarborough.

Now that I've shared mine, I would like to ask how many people here on the forum also like to just wander? And this doesn't necessarily have to do with taking the dog out for their daily walk, just you wandering for the fun of it or out of boredom. :lol:

Jamille
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Re: Getting yourself lost on purpose

Post by Jamille » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:08 pm

I usually do it while vacationing with my family, in certain tourist attractions. I stay relatively close though, because I'd hate to get lost in an unfamiliar place, crowded with people.