Dogs shot by Police...

All off-topic discussions; a place to discuss anything and everything!
iamnic
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Re: Dogs shot by Police...

Post by iamnic » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:30 pm

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Valravn » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:08 pm

Why are all these police officers such cowards!?! Dogs bark at strangers. It's what they do. I've been barked at. I've had dogs "charge" in an "aggressive manner" but I didn't fear for my safety and I didn't get bit and I didn't f*cking shoot the dog! Have none of these people ever been around a dog. How can they not understand basic dog behavior and body language??? They are trigger happy cowards that are not fit to carry a badge.

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:16 pm

Valravn wrote:Why are all these police officers such cowards!?! Dogs bark at strangers. It's what they do. I've been barked at. I've had dogs "charge" in an "aggressive manner" but I didn't fear for my safety and I didn't get bit and I didn't f*cking shoot the dog! Have none of these people ever been around a dog. How can they not understand basic dog behavior and body language??? They are trigger happy cowards that are not fit to carry a badge.
The last I heard for Austin Police Dept in Texas, they had some of their officers take a voluntary dog body language seminar. It's a shame it's not mandatory...

Nimwey
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Nimwey » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:32 am

I wish I didn't go into this thread again - now I feel sick. :( (Yes, my own fault).
Mother Nature does not rule by fear and anger, but by calm strength and assertiveness - Cesar Millan