Page 1 of 1

Welcome to Night Vale

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:34 am
by Valravn
Image

Does anyone here listen to Welcome to Night Vale? :twisted: I kept seeing people talking about it on Tumblr so I decided to check it out. I started episode 1 Tuesday and now I'm on episode 39! It's amazing! If you like supernatural/horror or H.P. Lovecraft you'd love it. It's not actually that scary, but there are a lot of creepy things in it. The characters are also wonderfully diverse. And it's free!

Re: Welcome to Night Vale

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:35 am
by balto13
Valravn wrote:Image

Does anyone here listen to Welcome to Night Vale? :twisted: I kept seeing people talking about it on Tumblr so I decided to check it out. I started episode 1 Tuesday and now I'm on episode 39! It's amazing! If you like supernatural/horror or H.P. Lovecraft you'd love it. It's not actually that scary, but there are a lot of creepy things in it. The characters are also wonderfully diverse. And it's free!
Have always loved Poe and Lovecraft! Will check this out, thanks :D

Re: Welcome to Night Vale

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:55 am
by BMFritters
I absolutely LOOOOVE WTNV :)! I've been listening to it for about a year or so now and I actually got to see my first live show in Detroit last month! <3

Re: Welcome to Night Vale

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:48 pm
by Valravn
BMFritters wrote:I absolutely LOOOOVE WTNV :)! I've been listening to it for about a year or so now and I actually got to see my first live show in Detroit last month! <3
:o That's awesome!
I just finished listening to all the free episodes and now I'm not sure what to do with my life… I guess I could buy Condos.

Re: Welcome to Night Vale

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:24 pm
by BMFritters
Valravn wrote:
BMFritters wrote:I absolutely LOOOOVE WTNV :)! I've been listening to it for about a year or so now and I actually got to see my first live show in Detroit last month! <3
:o That's awesome!
I just finished listening to all the free episodes and now I'm not sure what to do with my life… I guess I could buy Condos.
Yeah, I've been thinking about picking it up, too - sometimes the wait between episodes is a real killer, lmao!

Re: Welcome to Night Vale

Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 3:30 pm
by Valravn
Just listened to Condos. It was great! It had the new Carlos actor. :D I really want to go to a live show now.

Re: Welcome to Night Vale

Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 3:54 pm
by Hawthorne
Oh neat. Thanks for this. I read most of Lovecraft's stuff when I was a teenager (eons ago!) This will be fun :D

Re: Welcome to Night Vale

Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:01 pm
by Valravn
Hawthorne wrote:Oh neat. Thanks for this. I read most of Lovecraft's stuff when I was a teenager (eons ago!) This will be fun :D
:mrgreen:

There's also a WTNV twitter account that posts some good stuff. Reading it helps ease the pain of waiting for the next episode. Here's a teaser.
Image

Re: Welcome to Night Vale

Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:46 pm
by BMFritters
Valravn wrote:Just listened to Condos. It was great! It had the new Carlos actor. :D I really want to go to a live show now.
Yeah, Carlos' actor was there when I went to the show in Detroit in March, too! <3 I really wasn't sure what to expect, but it was SO great. I really recommend that you jump on the chance, if the opportunity arises! It had the same wit and charm, live music, some great audience interaction - ugh, I really want to go to another, hahaha..definitely go when/if you can! :)

Re: Welcome to Night Vale

Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:02 am
by Valravn
Sooo episode 47 just came out… I don't think I've ever flipped off my computer before. :evil:

Re: Welcome to Night Vale

Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:00 am
by Eventide
Okay, someone explain to me how I can "get it." I'm way down south and east here in Maryland, and very computer illiterate :roll:

Re: Welcome to Night Vale

Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:28 am
by Valravn
Eventide wrote:Okay, someone explain to me how I can "get it." I'm way down south and east here in Maryland, and very computer illiterate :roll:
It's free on itunes. You can also get it on Stitcher, Libsyn, Feedburner, and Soundcloud. Their website is http://commonplacebooks.com/.