Breeding my mostly tamaskan mix

All topics pertaining to mating and whelping, as well as upcoming / planned litters.
TLledsmar
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Breeding my mostly tamaskan mix

Post by TLledsmar » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:44 pm

Good morning!

I have been searching around, and emailing breeders to no avail, and I know I'm nowhere near the time to go ahead with this , but I am finding that I have to start this early if I ever find what I'm looking for at all.

My goal, have 1 litter from my beautiful girl to give all but 1 to friends and family. I know that I may get stuck with an entire litter, that's OK. I have the space, facilities and the energy to accommodate that scenario.

The rub, she's not purebred and as such she doesn't have any certificate or solid pedigree info. And that means that apparently Tamaskan stud dogs aren't able to breed to her because of contracts, from what I'm being told.

She's perfect for what I do with a dog. Her mother is a pure tamaskan, her father is half tamaskan, quarter malamute, quarter white shepherd. If anyone has a Tamaskan stud that they are able to breed to her, or can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Breeding my mostly tamaskan mix

Post by Sylvaen » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:25 pm

Has she been health tested? The minimum requirements to qualify for breeding are: hip / elbow x-rays + evaluation, cardiac exam, eye exam, and DNA testing for MDR1 + DM (ideally Embark or MyDogDNA panel test). Without health testing, it's just irresponsible breeding... regardless of pedigree, or lack thereof.
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

TLledsmar
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by TLledsmar » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:41 pm

Sylvaen wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:25 pm
Has she been health tested? The minimum requirements to qualify for breeding are: hip / elbow x-rays + evaluation, cardiac exam, eye exam, and DNA testing for MDR1 + DM (ideally Embark or MyDogDNA panel test). Without health testing, it's just irresponsible breeding... regardless of pedigree, or lack thereof.

Did I ask anything about health testing? Did I mention that I have already done it, or not? Did I have any question about health testing whatsoever?

I am asking a very simple question when it boils down to it. Is it going to be possible to get a tamaskan stud on my dog? Or is she a mutt and too bad so sad?

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:25 pm

TLledsmar wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:41 pm
Is it going to be possible to get a tamaskan stud on my dog? Or is she a mutt and too bad so sad?
Not without health testing. THAT is first and foremost.
IF she has full health testing and good results, then she could qualify as an outcross and be eligible for breeding... but health testing always comes first.
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

TLledsmar
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by TLledsmar » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:33 pm

Sylvaen wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:25 pm
TLledsmar wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:41 pm
Is it going to be possible to get a tamaskan stud on my dog? Or is she a mutt and too bad so sad?
Not without health testing. THAT is first and foremost.
IF she has full health testing and good results, then she could qualify as an outcross and be eligible for breeding... but health testing always comes first.
Thank you, "if" and "could" are all I need to hear. Peace out girl scouts!!!