QuickSilver Litter

All topics pertaining to mating and whelping, as well as upcoming / planned litters.
Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

QuickSilver Litter

Post by Sylvaen » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:29 pm

I am very excited to announce an upcoming litter:
Vega (Sylvaen Vatrena Lisica at QuickSilver) X Sampo (Alba Rhudaur).

Vega, owned by Andrija:
DOB: 11/05/2010
HD = BVA 10
DM = clear by parentage

http://offa.org/display.html?appnum=1428837#animal
http://offa.org/display.html?appnum=1428838#animal

Sampo, owned by Bruce:
DOB: 28/03/2008
HD = FCI A
DM = clear

PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO A COPYRIGHT COMPLAINT I HAVE REMOVED THE HOTLINKED PHOTOS.
YOU CAN VIEW PHOTOS OF SAMPO ON HIS PUBLIC FACEBOOK PAGE: Sampo the Tamaskan.

Last month, Andrija drove Vega to Sampo's house in Germany and I went along too so that I could assist with the mating, etc. Bruce and Martina were wonderful and gracious hosts; we stayed with them for almost a whole week! The timing worked out perfectly and I am so excited for Andrija and Bruce... I can't wait to see Sampo & Vega's puppies! (This is Sampo's first litter and Vega's first litter.) :D

DATES:
22.01.2012 Sunday = beginning of Vega's season
31.01.2012 Tuesday 18:00 progesterone level = 9.5
31.01.2012 Tuesday 24:00 (midnight) = 1st mating
01.02.2012 Wednesday 12:00 (noon) = 2nd mating
02.02.2012 Thursday 10:00am = 3rd mating
02.02.2012 Thursday 20:00 = 4th mating
03.02.2012 Friday 10:45am = 5th mating
05.03.2012 Monday ultrasound = pregnancy confirmed!
30.03.2012 Friday = PUPPIES BORN!

Temperament:
Vega is very placid and submissive while Sampo is very laid-back and wonderful with small children.
The puppies should have excellent temperaments.

Health:
Both Vega and Sampo have very good hip scores. Vega is DM clear (by parentage) and Sampo will be tested soon (the results should be in by the time the pups are born, or soon after) so we'll know if any puppies are carriers of DM (none will be sufferers). As there is a high risk probability that some of the male puppies will be cryptorchid, male puppies from this litter will be sold at a slightly lower price to 'pet' homes, without guarantees of breeding eligibility.

Appearance:
Vega is a wonderful light / silvery wolf grey color with a black overlay while Sampo is a dark red grey color with a black overlay... puppies should be a variety of shades ranging from light wolf grey to dark red grey. Eye color will be dark. As Sampo and Vega have relatively curved tails, it is probable that the puppies will inherit this trait. When they reach adulthood, the puppies should be average size as both Sampo and Vega are average size (for males / females, respectively).

Now that pregnancy has been confirmed (the vet counted 4+ puppies) I am helping Andrija (QuickSilver) with screening potential new owners for this litter. Feel free to PM / email either of us for more info. We would prefer for these puppies to go to family homes with young children / babies, ideally with a garden or backyard. Later this month Vixen should be in heat and I plan to breed her with a different male in Germany so there should be enough puppies to go around...

Andrija with Vega at the Euro Tamaskan Meeting last year in July 2011, when Vega was 1 year old:

The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Rahne

Re: QuickSilver Litter

Post by Rahne » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:42 pm

Wow, they have been busy lol.. 5 matings! Can't wait to see the pups :D

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:49 pm

5 mating's! defiantly wanted to make sure something happened with that one eh? :lol: looking forward to puppies :P

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:53 pm

Yep hehe, we figured since it was their first time (for both of them) we wanted to give them as much chance of success as possible...
soo... we let them at it hehehe :)

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:09 pm

5 matings :shock: whoa! That's awesome, congrats! Debby your babies are growing up ;) Nice post, really detailed and interesting, very fun to read :) Sampo looks awesome :)
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:25 pm

So exciting, they should make lovely puppies. Great detailed post!

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:52 pm

Congratulations... Glad to see Sampo is being used as a stud. His brother Blaze has produced beautiful pups so I am sure him and Vega will.

Taz
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Taz » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:55 pm

Great news

If I didn't already have puppy plans, I may've been tempted.
"Don't underestimate me.
I know more than I say.
Think more than I speak.
And notice more than you realize".
"you are free to choose
But you are not free
From the consequence of
Your choice "

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:27 am

Hope some of the pups inherit Sampo's handsomeness :lol:
I wonder how he's going to react when he meets some of his pups in the future.

"Oh boy a new friend!" ..."who for some reason smells like me!"

Dallas
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Dallas » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:21 pm

awww jesus, wish i could get another dog right now
vega is my absolute favorite tam :D
Men who consistently leave the toilet seat up secretly want women to get up to go the bathroom in the middle of the night and fall in

MoirAran
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by MoirAran » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:48 pm

Awwwwww, another litter. Congratulations :D
Sampo is beautiful. Love his expression, reminds me of the gentle and kind expression Saarloos Wolfdogs have.
Greetings, Kristel
Aran & Moira & Rayne

Misaya
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Misaya » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:31 pm

Congratulations to all involved. Pics are great Debby. Tell Andrija he'll need to get posting on here so he can keep us updated :)
- Fiona -

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce

Ciaobella
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Ciaobella » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:30 am

Can't wait to see the outcome! Love the sire's coloring, very nice combination! :)
Katurah

QuickSilver
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by QuickSilver » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:00 pm

Glad to see interest in upcoming litter Vega x Sampo...
I am particularly thankful to Debby for her help in organizing successful meeting with Sampo. It is rather hard to find non-related male for mating within europe at this time. Hopefully the birth itself (due on 1st of april approx) would go smooth and I could share with everyone photos of tiny puppies.
I admit being a bit slow in replying. It is because I dont have internet access at home right now. Anyway, I will do my best to respond and to participate in exchange of posts.... All the best to memebers and tamaskan owners...
Regards, Andrija

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:50 am

QuickSilver wrote:Glad to see interest in upcoming litter Vega x Sampo...
I am particularly thankful to Debby for her help in organizing successful meeting with Sampo. It is rather hard to find non-related male for mating within europe at this time. Hopefully the birth itself (due on 1st of april approx) would go smooth and I could share with everyone photos of tiny puppies.
I admit being a bit slow in replying. It is because I dont have internet access at home right now. Anyway, I will do my best to respond and to participate in exchange of posts.... All the best to memebers and tamaskan owners...
Regards, Andrija
Take your time, a lot of people are having the same problem as you with internet access. I'm as well as I had to spend all night in the library last night studying my lecture notes due to the line problems caused by the heavy winds in my area yesterday. Broadbands didn't respond to my phone at home X__X

Molly
Tamational (Expert)
Tamational (Expert)

Post by Molly » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:56 pm

Happy for the owner of Vega, soon to have puppies, but I'm a little surprised that the female will breed, whereas it is the litter sister of Mas'Khann and can transmit the problem of monorchidie that exists on the scope of his brothers (alongside Mas'Khann, which can pass (or not!?) and they explain to me that it is important not reproduce because Mas'Khann of this problem ....
I confess that I too can no longer understand the rules of TDR .....
We accept the one, that is denied to the other, (when it is brought to the same risk) ... :?: .
It's not jealousy, but I am a breeder for over 10 years and I confess I do not understand how the rules are set TDR ....

I'd like someone to explain once and for all ..

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:02 pm

that same thought crossed my mind too :?

but i got thinking about it...

i think it may be to do with not been able to tell if a female is the same way or not and there is no way of guessing so to breed mas'khan would be risking breeding to the same issue... where as breeding a female, you know that you will be breeding to clear? i'm not sure how it works but it seems logical to me... like breeding DM carriers to DM clear i guess :?

One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Sion
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Sion » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:12 pm

That second picture of Sampo is gorgeous. What a face! :mrgreen:
"Progress doesn't come from early risers — progress is made by lazy men looking for easier ways to do things." - Robert Heinlein

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:59 pm

TerriHolt wrote:that same thought crossed my mind too :?

i think it may be to do with not been able to tell if a female is the same way or not and there is no way of guessing so to breed mas'khan would be risking breeding to the same issue... where as breeding a female, you know that you will be breeding to clear? i'm not sure how it works but it seems logical to me... like breeding DM carriers to DM clear i guess :?
No that's not how it works.. Vega could be a sufferer, just like Mas'Khann, but you can't tell because females don't show it (since they have no testicles lol).

I had opted somewhere else on the forum that when Mas'Khann would be used for breeding ONLY males with 2 testicles should be used for further breeding (as you know for a fact they are carriers and NOT sufferers) and sell all other males AND all females as 'pet' only.

You could say it is a little 'unfair' that male monorchids cannot be bred from while females can.. just because there is no way to tell if they are actual monorchids.

Molly
Tamational (Expert)
Tamational (Expert)

Post by Molly » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:47 pm

Rahne wrote: just because there is no way to tell if they are actual monorchids.
Indeed, no way to know if Vega will pass this defect to their offspring (but we try anyway, and we agree to take the risk ....) as Mas'Khann, could not pass this defect (but does not try and you do not take the risk ....)

Thank you for this clear rule of the Committee ! Trés instructif .....
The logic of livestock Tamaskan... :|

Molly
Tamational (Expert)
Tamational (Expert)

Post by Molly » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:28 pm

TerriHolt wrote:that same thought crossed my mind too :?

Here is a chart that will help you understand the process of transmission of the gene responsible for monorchidie
You are right, the females are all carriers than males (and it is even worse, because for them it does not detect it right away ...)
It is for this, to be vigilant, parents used when several litters in a row, cases of monorchidie are reported ....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:35 pm

Molly can you please translate the porteurs and sains?
I do not know which is carrier and which is free?
(I do suspect though that porteuses means carrier?)

if indeed that porteuses means carrier then I will have to disagree a bit on how it is written here.

I would say there is a BIG difference between a dog carrying 1 gene and carrying 2 genes, because it would mean that instead of 50% risk og giving the gene to their ofspring then there is a 100% if it's two.
Therefore I would like to disagree with the 75% carrier, since it would be different kinds of carriers.

I would rather say that 25% of those female carriers were "hidden monorchides" and 50% only carriers, where the 25% would give the gene to 100% of their pups whereas the carriers would only give the gene to 50% of their pups, making the risk of showing the disease much lower than if 100% got the gene.

:)
>> Nino <<

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:02 pm

The fact remains, until there is a DNA TEST for cryptorchidism, we will never know if a female is clear / carrier / 'sufferer' until SHE starts producing cryptorchid male puppies; only then will we know if she is a carrier or sufferer. Vega could very well be clear so it would be silly to rule out an entire bloodline purely based on speculation. In Mas'Khann's case, we KNOW for a fact that he is a sufferer whereas his brother Cheyenne is either a carrier or clear (he has both testicles).

It makes sense that Vega and Cheyenne (if his owner decides to breed him) should be bred to clear bloodlines so that the genetic problem can be removed from those bloodlines over the course of several generations though careful selective breeding... some of the male puppies from Vega's litter may very well be cryptorchid but, then again, it is also likely that most of the male pups will be normal - if Sampo is clear (we won't know if he is a carrier until a DNA test exists). Either way, I expect most (if not all) of the male pups will go to their new homes with 'pet' contracts and IF they have normal testicles at the age of 18 months old, then the breeding restrictions could be lifted (pending hip score results).

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:59 pm

Molly wrote:
Rahne wrote: just because there is no way to tell if they are actual monorchids.
Indeed, no way to know if Vega will pass this defect to their offspring (but we try anyway, and we agree to take the risk ....) as Mas'Khann, could not pass this defect (but does not try and you do not take the risk ....)

Can I make it clear that the TDR (as a committee) did NOT know about this planned mating. I do understand your frustrations
Molly and Mas'Khann is a beautiful dog.

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:11 pm

Blustag wrote:
Molly wrote:

Can I make it clear that the TDR (as a committee) did NOT know about this planned mating. I do understand your frustrations
Uhm, Lynn, may I ask what you meant by "the TDR (as a committee) did NOT know about this planned mating" quotation? I don't completely understand what you mean by the committee not being aware of on this if mating plans are normally told flat out into the public? Did we miss something here? :?

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:43 pm

fangjingtuanlucas wrote:Uhm, Lynn, may I ask what you meant by "the TDR (as a committee) did NOT know about this planned mating" quotation? I don't completely understand what you mean by the committee not being aware of on this if mating plans are normally told flat out into the public?
I believe the fact that Lynn was offline for such a long time means that she only just found out about this litter recently even though it was public knowledge as soon as pregnancy was confirmed (several weeks ago).

No, the TDR Committee did not discuss this mating in advance - that is a very rare occurrence and usually the TDR doesn't get involved in breeder's plans, unless the breeder specifically requests exemptions (in advance) to the breeding rules. This was a standard mating in accordance with TDR rules.
Blustag wrote:
Molly wrote:

Lets not cloud the issue here... Molly raised the point of why Vega was being used for breeding when she COULD pass on the genes for cryptorchidism while I believe Lynn's disagreement largely rests with the selected sire (for aesthetic reasons). 'Understanding frustrations' implies a certain level of agreement and these are two completely separate issues.

In accordance with current TDR rules, there is no reason for Vega not to be bred. Assuming that Sampo is normal / clear (not a carrier) - their pups will either be clear or carriers (no cryptorchid male puppies). IF Sampo is a carrier AND Vega is a carrier then there is a chance that cryptorchid males will pop up. As we simply don't know (due to the fact that there is no DNA test for cryptorchidism) then it is a case of trial and error, which is why (as with the Firefox litter) the male pups will be sold to 'pet' homes for a slightly lower price, as already mentioned.

In contrast, we KNOW that Mas'Khann will pass on cryptorchid genes because he is a sufferer (which means he carries TWO copies of the cryptorchid gene) whereas, since Vega is female (and until a DNA test exists) we will never know for sure if she carries one or two copies of the cryptorchid gene unless she produces cryptorchid male offspring (in which case we will know that the sire, who otherwise appears normal, is also a carrier). I don't think it is wise to discount a viable, healthy breeding female that is DM free and has a good hip score (BVA 10) while other dogs that we KNOW are carriers (having one copy of the gene) are still allowed to reproduce (Nevada / Susi / Jackal / Dingo / etc) and have already had several litters. Also, lets not forget that the 'mother of all Tamaskan' (Paloose) was the daughter of a monorchid male - and yet she was the FIRST Foundation Dog for the breed!

Essentially, cryptorchid genes could exist in ALL Tamaskan bloodlines... until a DNA test exists, we just can't say for certain which dogs (male or female) are carriers UNLESS (in the case of males) they are obviously affected - does that mean that we should just quit breeding Tamaskan Dogs altogether? OR does it mean that we have to be SMARTER about our selections for suitable mates? As soon as a DNA test exists, if ever, I would expect for it to become a required health test, along with hip scoring, so that (as with DM) we can be sure to only cross bloodlines that will result in clear or carrier offspring.

http://www.tamaskan-dog.com/Health/monorchid.htm

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:40 pm

Thanks for the clarification Debby. You're always helpful at clearing my confusions :)

blufawn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by blufawn » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:58 pm

The TDR rules are that Monorchids cannot be bred from without special written permission from the TDR. It is a flexible rule that may allow exceptional monorchid males to be used in the breeding program if they have something special to offer the gene pool. Of course dogs born from a monorchid male with 2 testicles would be allowed to be bred from just as females are, but 2nd generation Monorchids such as Mas Kahnn would have restrictions on breeding unless special permission is granted as stated above.
I think this is a fairly reasonable rule, it doesnt deny breeding but nor does it accept that any monorchid anywhere can be bred from without monitoring of the litters.
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:41 pm

blufawn wrote:The TDR rules are that Monorchids cannot be bred from without special written permission from the TDR. It is a flexible rule that may allow exceptional monorchid males to be used in the breeding program if they have something special to offer the gene pool. Of course dogs born from a monorchid male with 2 testicles would be allowed to be bred from just as females are, but 2nd generation Monorchids such as Mas Kahnn would have restrictions on breeding unless special permission is granted as stated above.
I think this is a fairly reasonable rule, it doesnt deny breeding but nor does it accept that any monorchid anywhere can be bred from without monitoring of the litters.
I agree, this is very reasonable. It's too bad that some people don't seem to be able to let this rest while they have been told on several occasions that 'special permission' could be asked for in the case of Mas'Khann. It may seem 'unfair' that carriers and females are allowed to be bred from without any restrictions but you can't forward the breed if you exclude everything for breeding..

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:23 am

UPDATE: Vega had 10 puppies today!! :D
5 males and 5 females :)

Andrija called me at 11am to say that the first pup (a girl) had just been born. I got to his house around 1 hour later and then waited for the next pup to arrive, and waited... and waited. Several more hours passed and we realized that she had stopped pushing and the contractions had ceased so we figured that Vega was experiencing secondary Uterine Inertia and that we needed to get her to the vet ASAP. :?

I was reluctant for her to have a cesarean section, since it was her first litter but I knew that if we continued to wait that the remaining puppies inside her might not survive (by this point 6 hours had passed from the time the first pup had been born). Luckily the surgery went ok (I assisted!!) and all the pups were born alive, though lethargic from the anesthesia so we spent another hour or so reviving them all. We just didn't have enough hands at one point: puppies everywhere!! and they all needed one-on-one attention to get them breathing strong and moving around. And then, finally, the first strong cries - and wow they had powerful lungs! Only 2 pups were quite a bit weaker than the others and one girl in particular is still very weak but we're keeping our fingers crossed that she will pull through - she seems stable for now and is breathing OK, and squeaking... the other one that seemed weak in the beginning was doing fine the last time I checked and I can't tell it apart from the others now.

I'm so glad that mum & pups made it through the surgery OK and with hindsight (knowing how many pups she had in the end) I know that it was the right decision to go ahead with the cesarean after all. The vet figured that her uterus was just too stretched for her it to contract with enough strength to push out the pups one by one, and eventually she just ran out of energy and the contractions stopped. I'm glad we made the decision when we did and that all pups came out alive. Incidentally, the pups are all 100% identical - they could just as well be clones! totally uniform litter, they are all wolf grey - none are lighter or darker than any of the others... just like peas in a pod. anyway, Vega took a long time to come around from the anesthesia but she is doing OK now - very thirsty but taking good care of the pups, cleaning them all etc... I think she is a bit overwhelmed by it all; then again, aren't we all?! :D :D

I took some photos with my mobile phone (so the quality isn't great) but I will upload them tomorrow. :)

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:58 am

:D WHOO-HOOO! I'm so excited! Congratulations to Vega! ;)

Ryphen
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Ryphen » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:53 am

Good to hear they're all doing well.

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:58 am

Congratulations! Happy that they are doing well :) Can't wait for tomorrow now to see photos :D

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:46 am

Congrats!! What an awesome story <3 hope the little ones pull through!
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:49 am

HiTenshi16 wrote:Congratulations! Happy that they are doing well :) Can't wait for tomorrow now to see photos :D
But it's already tomorrow! It's Saturday here so where are the pictures?? Haha :p
Image Image

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:36 am

Congrats! Can't wait to see this pups grow :D

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:18 am

congratz to vega and owner... sorry to hear is was such an ordeal for them tho :( can't wait for pics :D

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:32 am

Congrats to Vega and Sampo on their litter of 10... :D

nivenj
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by nivenj » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:44 am

Grats Debbie...Its all happening this weekend for you eh :-)
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” --Aristotle *

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Valravn » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:53 pm

I was worried when you didn't update facebook for a while that there had been complications. I'm happy to hear mom and pups are all alright! :)

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:28 pm

Congratulations, that is a big first litter. I am glad everything worked out in the end. Looking forward to the photos when you have time to put them on.

Gaby
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Gaby » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:48 pm

Congratulations! I hope Vega recovers quickly and all the pups will gain weight soon, also the little girl. I'm very curious to see pictures! :D I think these two parents fit good with each other in the way they are build. I'm very curious how the puppies will look when they are all grown up!

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:37 am

Here are the first few photos! :D

Vega (one week before birth):

Vega with her first pup (female):
Reminds me a lot of this pic of Vixen with her first pup (Vega)!! --> the next generation! :D

At the vet clinic, just after they had been born (8 pups in the box and 2 in my lap):

I will be going to Andrija's house tomorrow to babysit the pups (and help with bottlefeeding etc) because he has to teach classes all day...
I will take lots of photos while I'm there! :)

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:10 am

Aww, so tiny! :D

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:38 am

Debby when I get around to breeding will you move to Australia for two months to puppysit :D haha
Image Image

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:16 pm

Kyliedelonge wrote:Debby when I get around to breeding will you move to Australia for two months to puppysit :D haha
haha maaaaybe :P

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:53 pm

Precious!

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Valravn » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:15 pm

So cute! :D I'm really anxious to see how these pups turn out.

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:18 pm

Valravn wrote:So cute! :D I'm really anxious to see how these pups turn out.
I'm confident they'll turn out fine like their parents and grandparents ;)

TParham86
Tamational (Expert)
Tamational (Expert)

Post by TParham86 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:20 pm

Aww there so cute! :P