Black/Greys?

All topics pertaining to mating and whelping, as well as upcoming / planned litters.

How many people here on the forum would like to see more black/greys

Poll ended at Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:28 pm

Yes
51%
No
26%
Maybe
23%

Total votes: 39

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Black/Greys?

Post by Blustag » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:28 pm

I was just interested in how many people would like to see more black/greys in our Tamaskan

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Black/Greys?

Post by Nino » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:34 pm

I voted maybe, as it depends on the quality of the Black/Greys..
>> Nino <<

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:40 pm

I have both Tumanra and her daughter Dallas due in season sometime soon. It will be Tumanra's last mating before she retires and
Im wondering whether to mate her to a black male. She is a very large female with excellent bone and a straight tail. She has
produced some wonderful puppies with superb temperaments to both red and wolf/greys. She produced both shades. She was
mated once only to a black/grey (Rann) and produced a whole litter of black/greys. Only Dallas is being bred from. Diesel one
of the brothers is available at stud but so far sadly not used. Dallas has had one litter only as there are no other black/greys to mate
her to being that Rann is her father and Diesel is her brother.

Tumanra's temperament is exemplary. She loves everyone and is great with all dogs/puppies etc. I remember a couple of years
ago I took her over to the German meeting and just let her off the lead. She spent the entire day visiting everyone and their dogs. Everyone knew who she was and whenever I wanted her I just had to ask...wheres Tumanra...and someone would point to a table with
people sitting all around it and she would be lying down underneath it. She is a very special and very kind soul.

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:44 pm

Nino wrote:I voted maybe, as it depends on the quality of the Black/Greys..
Yes quality is VERY important. I would ultimately like to see our black/greys with yellow eyes ;)

Perhaps you could all give me some ideas of who I could mate Tumanra too seeing as this is to be her last mating
and I definately want to keep a puppy from her. Amba who I have here is from her last litter to Skye and she is
almost 1yr old and HUGE with good body,bone and yellow eyes. She also has a straight tail.

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:47 pm

Blustag wrote:
Yes quality is VERY important. I would ultimately like to see our black/greys with yellow eyes ;)

Perhaps you could all give me some ideas of who I could mate Tumanra too seeing as this is to be her last mating
and I definately want to keep a puppy from her. Amba who I have here is from her last litter to Skye and she is
almost 1yr old and HUGE with good body,bone and yellow eyes. She also has a straight tail.
Would you be considering an outcross for Tumanra's last litter? I think the only other option would be to repeat a Tumanra x Rann mating, but me being an absolute amateur, I can't say anything about the quality of the puppies they've produced (temperament and health-wise). As far as looks, I loved the first black/grey litter! :D

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:52 pm

I think the reason why Diesel is yet to be used is that he has not been DM tested yet.. I have heard from more than one person that he would be considered but that would require that he was free.

I too wish to see the Black Greys with light Amber or Yellow eyes.

Maybe breeding to a very light eyed male would improve the color of the eyes and make carriers, and then Breed Dallas to a male of similar quality but different lines, use pups from such a breeding with the lightest eyes and best quality and temper, and breed them together, breeding a litter of 25% black greys, carriers and 25% non carriers.

It would be fairly close line breeding on "Utonagan" lines, but for now I believe that any black-grey Mating would be that.

- I believe the reason why Rann haven't had another litter is that he haven't been able to produce again?
>> Nino <<

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:45 pm

Blustag wrote: Yes quality is VERY important. I would ultimately like to see our black/greys with yellow eyes ;)
Maybe you could breed Amber to Ollie. You will have 25% chance of Black Greys then, with yellow eyes. It would be a close linebreeding on Tumanra but as far as I know there aren't really any health issues in her line that you would risk doubling up?

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:47 pm

Rahne wrote:
Blustag wrote: Yes quality is VERY important. I would ultimately like to see our black/greys with yellow eyes ;)
Maybe you could breed Amber to Ollie. You will have 25% chance of Black Greys then, with yellow eyes. It would be a close linebreeding on Tumanra but as far as I know there aren't really any health issues in her line that you would risk doubling up?
Or just do that - no need for another breeding there :lol:
>> Nino <<

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:49 pm

Maybe for same reason. At an early stage in the breed, colour isn't really a big thing over chunky, healthy puppies... and the colour will come eventually when more potions are available and you find a suitable, healthy breed for out-crossing for black/greays... But that's my unimportant opinionated opinion...

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

issylupus
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by issylupus » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:06 pm

I like the black/Grey's. I did'nt like the "James Bond" litter (sorry folk's !!) and am not sure that the black colour is a very wolfy look. I know you do get black wolves, I just think that the Black/grey's look a lot better. ;)

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:13 pm

Lynn, obviously, I noted that you had said this would be Tumanra's last litter, which is probably why you wanted public opinion on the popularity of black/greys seeing as Tumanra is of such coloring. lol. :lol:

If you don't mind sating my curiosity (yet again!), how old is Tumanra and how many litters has she had? I'm sure I could probably do the math in my head (sort of) based on her age, but if you can do the math for me, that would probably save my brain cells? XD

Personally, I'd be interested to see what Amber x Ollie throws. :D But we are talking about who to mate Tumanra with, no? :P

One more question...are the chances of darker colored puppies higher if Tumanra (black/grey) is bred to a darker red/grey male? I think I might have asked the question in the past, but memory fails me.. :oops:

skyedream
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by skyedream » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:48 pm

I'm more interested in what will happen with the Winnie mating, whatever breed Jennie chooses to mate her with they are bound to be gorgeous pups.

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:41 pm

arianwenarie wrote:
Blustag wrote:

Would you be considering an outcross for Tumanra's last litter? I think the only other option would be to repeat a Tumanra x Rann mating, but me being an absolute amateur, I can't say anything about the quality of the puppies they've produced (temperament and health-wise). As far as looks, I loved the first black/grey litter! :D
Yes Im open to suggestions at the moment for her. I dont want to do a repeat to Rann we need something new.

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:45 pm

Nino wrote:- I believe the reason why Rann haven't had another litter is that he haven't been able to produce again?
I have tried Rann on two occasions and he failed to mate. It wasnt that he failed to produce he just failed to mate.
He gets himself over excited and wastes himself.
I would try him again on a different female and see if we have any luck. We had no problem at all mating him to Tumanra back then they tied within minutes.

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:49 pm

Rahne wrote:
Yes Amber to Ollie would be good and both are nice 'type' and both have straight tails. Amber will be having her hips done in a week
or so and Ollie is zero so we will see how she goes.

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:54 pm

skyedream wrote:I'm more interested in what will happen with the Winnie mating, whatever breed Jennie chooses to mate her with they are bound to be gorgeous pups.
Yes Winnie will definately be having blacks ;)

The whole idea of this thread was to see what the interest was in the black/grey 'before' I/we do any matings.

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:57 pm

arianwenarie wrote:Lynn, obviously, I noted that you had said this would be Tumanra's last litter, which is probably why you wanted public opinion on the popularity of black/greys seeing as Tumanra is of such coloring. lol. :lol:

If you don't mind sating my curiosity (yet again!), how old is Tumanra and how many litters has she had? I'm sure I could probably do the math in my head (sort of) based on her age, but if you can do the math for me, that would probably save my brain cells? XD

Personally, I'd be interested to see what Amber x Ollie throws. :D But we are talking about who to mate Tumanra with, no? :P

One more question...are the chances of darker colored puppies higher if Tumanra (black/grey) is bred to a darker red/grey male? I think I might have asked the question in the past, but memory fails me.. :oops:
Breeding bitches retire at 8 yrs of age. Tumanra isnt 8 yet but I am retiring her anyhow.

Tumanra has been bred to both red and wolf grey and only produced red and wolf grey as I stated previously. To Rann they
were ALL black/grey.

Ciaobella
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Ciaobella » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:54 pm

I voted yes but it depends. I like Black Greys like Winnie, not so much like Diesel or Akim, but they are beautiful!
Katurah

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:09 am

arianwenarie wrote:If you don't mind sating my curiosity (yet again!), how old is Tumanra and how many litters has she had?
If I remember correctly she has had 6 litters..

shurr
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by shurr » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:43 am

The black greys are my absolute favorite! they look so amazing!

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:55 am

Oh if the "only" problem of Rann is that he gets overly exited - then I am guessing it is just a matter of time with the bitch?

Thanks for clearing that off, I thought his boys just weren't swimming as good anymore ;-)

Lynn I have a question for you:
Have you had Winnie tested to see if her color is dominant or recessive?
Since her father is not a Tamaskan there is some "chance" of her being Dominant Black (K/k) instead og recessive black (a/a) like Rann, Tums and their litter.

See it wouldn't make much sense to breed Winnie to a Recessive black a/a male, to make more black-greys if she can just as well be bred to any other male and still make black-greys because she is Dominant Black (K/k).

If she is Dominant Black she would still only produce Half and half, but the pups would be carriers of the recessive black, and then if a pup that is both Dominant black and black carrier and is bred to a carrier then how do we know what is what?
I think it would be nice to know beforehand if we are introducing Dominant black to the breed later on if her pups are registered..
But that's just MHO.
>> Nino <<

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:55 am

I thought last falls Tumanra litter was her last?

As for the black grey's I think they have a ways to go before they look wolfy enough for me to want one. Would be interested to see what (Edit: Dallas x Akim) , or Amber X Ollie create though.

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Valravn » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:29 am

^ Wait…Isn't Dallas Ollie's mother…?

What about Bodi X Tums? Bodie fathered some really nice wolfy looking pups. And if I'm not mistaken he's related to Akim and Nanuq so maybe he carries the black-gray color.

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:37 am

Valravn wrote:^ Wait…Isn't Dallas Ollie's mother…?
Yes... ooops got Ollie on the brain :shock: Not what I meant that would be some major inbreeding.
Valravn wrote:What about Bodi X Tums? Bodie fathered some really nice wolfy looking pups. And if I'm not mistaken he's related to Akim and Nanuq so maybe he carries the black-gray color.
I think we should wait to see how Bodies other pups turn out before he is used again seeing as his first litter has been difficult.

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:43 am

AZDehlin wrote:
Valravn wrote:^ Wait…Isn't Dallas Ollie's mother…?
Yes... ooops got Ollie on the brain :shock: Not what I meant that would be some major inbreeding.
Valravn wrote:What about Bodi X Tums? Bodie fathered some really nice wolfy looking pups. And if I'm not mistaken he's related to Akim and Nanuq so maybe he carries the black-gray color.
I think we should wait to see how Bodies other pups turn out before he is used again seeing as his first litter has been difficult.
Don't forget there's also Nevada/Bodie puppies to look forward to. ;) Nevada is out of Tumanra x Banjo, so it's possible there will be some darker colored pups.

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:17 am

Nino wrote:Oh if the "only" problem of Rann is that he gets overly exited - then I am guessing it is just a matter of time with the bitch?

Thanks for clearing that off, I thought his boys just weren't swimming as good anymore ;-)

Lynn I have a question for you:
Have you had Winnie tested to see if her color is dominant or recessive?
Since her father is not a Tamaskan there is some "chance" of her being Dominant Black (K/k) instead og recessive black (a/a) like Rann, Tums and their litter.

See it wouldn't make much sense to breed Winnie to a Recessive black a/a male, to make more black-greys if she can just as well be bred to any other male and still make black-greys because she is Dominant Black (K/k).

If she is Dominant Black she would still only produce Half and half, but the pups would be carriers of the recessive black, and then if a pup that is both Dominant black and black carrier and is bred to a carrier then how do we know what is what?
I think it would be nice to know beforehand if we are introducing Dominant black to the breed later on if her pups are registered..
But that's just MHO.
Im glad you raised the question of Rann just so that it is now cleared up. I had no idea that anyone would think he wasnt fertile
dont know where that came from. He only had one successful mating and then after 'played about' :roll: He was just over exuberant :lol: Just shows you how 'rumours' can start and Im not for one minute suggesting that there are rumours about him :D

As for Winnie...no she hasnt been tested. Dont forget also that Winnie is Jennie's dog not mine ;)

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:26 pm

I think Andrija (Quicksilver) would probably be interested in a male pup from Tumanra - depending on the chosen sire (if not to closely related to Vega).
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:49 pm

Blustag wrote:
Im glad you raised the question of Rann just so that it is now cleared up. I had no idea that anyone would think he wasnt fertile
dont know where that came from. He only had one successful mating and then after 'played about' :roll: He was just over exuberant :lol: Just shows you how 'rumours' can start and Im not for one minute suggesting that there are rumours about him :D

As for Winnie...no she hasnt been tested. Dont forget also that Winnie is Jennie's dog not mine ;)
Well the only information that was given as far as I know was that he had been tried twice since his first mating and that it had failed - it's easy to come from that knowledge to think that his swimmers just weren't breaking any records anymore :lol: at least if you ask me - but thank's for clearing it up ;)

No Winnie's not you, but you were the one posting the tread and commented on Winnie earlier that she would have black-grey puppies, that is why I was asking, since you clearly know more about that than others (and Jennie isn't in the tread)
>> Nino <<

torriarno
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by torriarno » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:52 pm

As Ranns owner I am appalled that Rann has been played down like this.....Firstly....a bitch usually goes to the male.....as they mate better on home ground......but due to personal reasons i had to go to blustag for both bitch matings.....

it is true...that Rann did spend him self....HE ALSO HAD A TIE!!!!!!!! but Lynn said it was not a good mating.....and so used another dog with a promise of DNA.....oh so convinced the litter was hers......one of the puppies was in another litter!!!!!.......she told me .....ACCIDENT??.
and no DNA.....done on those puppies at all....and rann can produce grey red..to a grey bitch..from his mothers side....how fair is this to the new owners....I would advise all to have dna redone if you are not sure..well how can you be sure ....this is bad practice

I mentioned it was not fair to me , others and rann ...on the next mating.......ok she will dna......!!!!!!!!! I had to rush to her house as that was the only day for mating....left she said......after the mating .... with a tie samething happened as the other bitch mating.....she came in to jenny and said we will put another dog to her..I offered to bring rann back....but no
so ...she said she used another dog 48 hours and she was still standing after that to....so what happened to ."..to day is the last day" of her mating.....

now i saw Tum..Iola. come to rann she was spot on.....and no problem and puppies.....the third mating produced pups from niether dog ?????? however ...poor Rann mates the bitches when they are early.....in season..some dogs will mate then ..some wont....they like them nearer the day.....yes the bitches where standing ok......I do not dispute that.

as for spending sperm...the first may well have been dead anyway....with not being used for a while....but ..bitches can still have puppies but, take.....a dog which is used regulary ...would need 24 hours to make up the sperm count...I would not dream of talking of someones dog this way......may be i should mate him to get it solved!!!!!I would not dream of using two dogs either.

As to those who do not know rann he has a fantastic temperament....kind ....good with children...and other kind dogs....

you see friendship can be abused .......I did ,,try to take it up with her but she said could not deal with it....but she can deal with no DNA testing......now that is wrong... ..Rann s hips total is 6...and DM clear......his grandmother is a black grey on the fathers side as I think his father is to..am in the process of finding out.....his fathers brother is...black grey.and his neice is to. so a good line for black grey....

As for wolves.....black ones which can have white on the chest to....well black wolves usually start to go white or silver when they are 6 years old...The black grey is a natural colour.....I wonder why ....then the need for a blue or grey sable which is not a true black or black grey...not this stage anyway....It is not often I speak.on here.....but had to..as the commonts were out of order..and unfair and there were ties...so I am offended....and angry ..over the Dna I should not have to remind her to DNA....that should have been paramount..but was made to feel guilty for bringing it and said that friends turn on her....She has no idea how hurtful this has been and am sad ..and hurt for others to....just so you all know...tum has a nice temperament as does Ollie to
The MEETING OF MINDS

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:16 pm

Hi Pat,

Sorry to hear about this... :(
Could you tell us who Rann has mated with? If it did come to a mating (tie or no tie) then there's a chance that some of the pups are his.

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:25 pm

Rahne wrote:Hi Pat,

Sorry to hear about this... :(
Could you tell us who Rann has mated with? If it did come to a mating (tie or no tie) then there's a chance that some of the pups are his.
Also curious, It would be amazing if it turned out we had a Rann pup in USA.

torriarno
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by torriarno » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:32 pm

yes will be posting ....it but have to make sure i get it right... but i will supply dates etc and who etc
The MEETING OF MINDS

torriarno
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by torriarno » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:34 pm

oh yes no stud fee paid
The MEETING OF MINDS

Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Hawthorne » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:03 pm

No stud fee? That's not right. On a first mating, a male should receive half of the price of what a puppy would sell for. After the male has produced pups, the stud fee should be 100% of the price of a pup. Of course, the stud owner always has the option of taking a pup in lieu of a stud fee. My goodness. I'm so sorry you had this experience.
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:28 pm

Interesting to see if there are any rann puppies (could this affect any of the past mating's at all? if she did in fact lie again? Just asking...)... It would be great if there were (and no pups health were at risk), he looks like a beautiful boy...

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:38 pm

Hawthorne wrote:No stud fee? That's not right. On a first mating, a male should receive half of the price of what a puppy would sell for. After the male has produced pups, the stud fee should be 100% of the price of a pup. Of course, the stud owner always has the option of taking a pup in lieu of a stud fee. My goodness. I'm so sorry you had this experience.
It really does depend on what the agreement between the bitch owner and the stud owner.
Some people do a certain amount, others do a price a pup born..
I do think getting a pup (around 1000 Pound) when ex. the bitch owner needs to travel to an entire other country is a bit much, especially if ex. only 5 pups are born..

but if the bitch produce then of course the stud owner should always get a fee!
>> Nino <<

torriarno
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by torriarno » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:18 pm

Yes that is true....some do a free return service if no pups......and does depend on the agreement ....of course she always says no money..

I was told that joining the tamaskan I would have to wait till some girls grew up.....little did i know that most would be abroad..very few in england...however I did get 3 people asking to use rann....of course I had to send them to lynn for aproval...etc health and pedigree....I never got one of those studs....i did ask her once if she had just got an enquiery for stud...yes she said why?...I looked at her and said nothing... ok I thought ...I see.....hmm .
The MEETING OF MINDS

torriarno
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by torriarno » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:40 pm

2011 September 6th Rann mated Zuull. puppies due around 8th november or either way by a few days.....
I see though on the litter data base that heidi had a litter on the 1st nov

Now Rann was mated to Heidi..my date is obscure sorry as packed somewhere waiting to move...i am using my diary and your data base ..on litters...sorry will still search for it....
The MEETING OF MINDS

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:36 pm

torriarno wrote:2011 September 6th Rann mated Zuull. puppies due around 8th november or either way by a few days.....
I see though on the litter data base that heidi had a litter on the 1st nov

Now Rann was mated to Heidi..my date is obscure sorry as packed somewhere waiting to move...i am using my diary and your data base ..on litters...sorry will still search for it....
Thanks Pat! Zuul never gave birth, or so we were told. Heidi had a litter with Jackal, the 'Rose' litter.

Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tarheel » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:07 pm

Is anyone really certain that Jackal was the father, or are we going on what we were lead to believe?
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:51 pm

So I got some more info on the mating with Rann..
Tumanra had a litter with Banjo, April 2008. She then had a litter with Rann, November 2008.. so a back-to-back breeding. Rann was at the time of the mating only 10 months old and his hips had not been scored yet! :roll:
Tarheel wrote:Is anyone really certain that Jackal was the father, or are we going on what we were lead to believe?
Well none of those dogs have been DNA profiled as far as I know, so we just assume that Jackal is the father but I have doubts myself now if they are all from Jackal...

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:25 pm

Rahne wrote:So I got some more info on the mating with Rann..
Tumanra had a litter with Banjo, April 2008. She then had a litter with Rann, November 2008.. so a back-to-back breeding. Rann was at the time of the mating only 10 months old and his hips had not been scored yet! :roll:
Tarheel wrote:Is anyone really certain that Jackal was the father, or are we going on what we were lead to believe?
Well none of those dogs have been DNA profiled as far as I know, so we just assume that Jackal is the father but I have doubts myself now if they are all from Jackal...
Would any owners of pups from that litter be willing to do a DNA profiling test or are there still issues with Scidera? That's assuming any of them can be contacted...

Karen
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Karen » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:25 pm

Rahne wrote: Rann was at the time of the mating only 10 months old
That is pretty bizar...

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:51 pm

arianwenarie wrote:
Rahne wrote:
Would any owners of pups from that litter be willing to do a DNA profiling test or are there still issues with Scidera? That's assuming any of them can be contacted...
Is that the litter Frigga is from? (if so, she has been DNA profiled - but she looks like Jackal so I doubt Rann is her sire)

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:55 pm

Sylvaen wrote: Is that the litter Frigga is from? (if so, she has been DNA profiled - but she looks like Jackal so I doubt Rann is her sire)
No, Frigga is from the first Heidi x Jackal litter. This is about the 2nd Heidi x Jackal litter.. Solve, Kira, Rambler etc.

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:59 pm

If only we could have obtained more DNA results to conclude it once and for all about the Jackal case. It's gotten even more confusing day after day since the transition.

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:12 pm

arianwenarie wrote:
Rahne wrote:
John is sitting on Sølves DNA profile at the moment, though most of these pups I have seen (except for Bow) look a lot like the first Jackal x Heidi litter.

Well John will see if Sølve checks out as Jackal or Rann.
I will also ask Jon if he would be willing to DNA profile Bow, to see if she Checks out as Jackal too..
>> Nino <<

arianwenarie
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by arianwenarie » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:00 pm

Nino wrote:John is sitting on Sølves DNA profile at the moment, though most of these pups I have seen (except for Bow) look a lot like the first Jackal x Heidi litter.

I will also ask Jon if he would be willing to DNA profile Bow, to see if she Checks out as Jackal too..
Would it be safe for me to assume the issue with Scidera has been resolved...? Silly question, I know, but alas, my curiosity kicks in again. :lol:

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:39 pm

arianwenarie wrote:
Nino wrote:John is sitting on Sølves DNA profile at the moment, though most of these pups I have seen (except for Bow) look a lot like the first Jackal x Heidi litter.

Would it be safe for me to assume the issue with Scidera has been resolved...? Silly question, I know, but alas, my curiosity kicks in again. :lol:
As far as I am aware there isn't any issue with Scidera and John have just gotten a new batch of sampling kits .. after Lynn and Jennie left that is.. :?

I certainly hope there isn't a problem, it would really be a waste of 15 dollar postage to the states and my vet taking the samples (including the UC Davis one - so I haven't even done them myself :lol: 30 dollars of postage for those two together :? )
>> Nino <<

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:16 pm

I believe that the issue with Scidera has been resolved and that all (official) TDR Committee Members can request and submit samples. John is doing it for now as well as mailing out the testing kits to other TDR Committee Members around the world, which will then be used by the members of each National Club (as well as Tamaskan owners living in nearby regions that don't yet have a National Club of their own).