New Member, Ohio USA

If you are new to the International Tamaskan Forum, please introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Please CLICK HERE to read the Forum Rules!
Mithryl
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

New Member, Ohio USA

Post by Mithryl » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:36 pm

Hello, I am in the very early stages of learning about this breed. I have only ever had retrievers, and I am currently VERY spoiled by my lab. Shes very intelligent and was ridiculously easy to train. She is currently 9 years old and enjoys being an only dog so I will not be getting another dog for a long time yet. But I like to do A LOT of research before I do anything so here I am.

I would like to branch out to a new breed and am looking between the Tamaskans and Dutch Shepherds. Originally, when I was younger I was interested in Huskies and German Shepherds, but from what I've seen GSDs seem to have more health issues and from what I've been told of Huskies is they like to run and will happily go home with the next person they see. I am used to being able to leave my lab, Ruger, off leash and would prefer to have the same trait in my future pup, which is why I moved on from Huskies and how I found Tams.

My only concerns with what I have read so far are separation anxiety, my husband and I both work but he works close enough he can stop in most days and I do have friends I use to let my dog out during the day. I would need to research more about this to see how common it is and concessions that could be made, we do plan on getting another lab puppy around the same time so there would be company. Car sickness is a concern because we like to go on adventures with our pup, I've not had experience with this before.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: New Member, Ohio USA

Post by Sylvaen » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:46 pm

Welcome to the forum! :D
I think you'll find a lot of answers to your questions here :)
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.