Greetings from Dallas, Texas!

If you are new to the International Tamaskan Forum, please introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Please CLICK HERE to read the Forum Rules!
Knichtus
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Greetings from Dallas, Texas!

Post by Knichtus » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:12 am

Hello! I am a dog enthusiast in general and I have joined this forum to learn more about the Tamaskan dog and potentially one day be the owner of one. I am right now an undergraduate student at University of Texas at Dallas, studying Arts and Technology and Mechanical Engineering to graduate with a double major. I love to draw and hopefully will be able to model and rig someday as well. I have recently gotten into biking and it has become my obsession, especially since I just adopted my newest dog, an 8 month old (9-10 months as of today) Dutch ShepherdxShar-pei mix who I call Kumatora. I bike with her whenever i can and once she is around a year I will hopefully be able to start training her and myself to prepare for bike-joring. I've been interested in the wolf-dog breeds for awhile, from the Hedlund Husky, to the Malamute, my favorite dogs are northern breeds and working dogs.

Kuma has been my first large dog in awhile since my mother wasn't a fan of large dogs, now with Kuma in tow and my pugxcairn my life is much more fulfilled finally having a large dog of my own, one that is challenging me and making me get out as much as I can. She has been a blessing for me and I have seen so much improvement from her it is helping me little by little work through my anxiety. I hope to one day acquire a Tamaskan as a companion for Kuma and as the second dog for the bike-joring and mountain biking fun. I've been fascinated with these dogs for awhile, not being a big fan of the Czech (since their GSD lines are so strong, I'm not a GSD person) I went looking for a wolf-dog type breed that while challenging, had a more mixed line and would function well as a sled dog and biking companion in the future when I may be stable enough to acquire one.

I love video games and being outside, working through my anxiety I am also working myself to get more active, my dogs are my life and I research and even make leashes and collars for them. I draw up the plans and go on a rampage for hours on materials i can use for such a purpose. Training dogs has always been a love of mine, I have had to handle and help train high drive and problem dogs at least to the point that people could tolerate them. I hope that I while I use my art and engineering background to create better products for pets I can also combine my love for dogs with that.

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Greetings from Dallas, Texas!

Post by HiTenshi16 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:03 pm

Hello, welcome to the forum! We live north of Dallas with our 2 Tamaskans, if you are ever interested in meeting them, let me know! We are also part of a group called DOGSDFW (Dogs Out Getting Social Dallas Ft Worth) where we meet up at dog parks, fun events that allow dogs, and go on pack walks together :)

firleymj
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by firleymj » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:48 pm

Welcome to the forum.

May your stay here be rewarding, and should you be blessed with a Tamaskan, I hope your experience is as wonderful as mine has been. (Proud dog "parent" of an 11 month old pup, Hawthorne James Watson - Call name "Kona") His diaries are on the forum.
My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown
The greatest love is a mother's; then a dog's; then a sweetheart's. ~Polish Proverb

The human of Ch.(ARBA) and Ch.(KCUSA) Hawthorne James Watson (call name Kona)

http://www.anthracitetamaskan.com

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:24 pm

Welcome to the forum! :D
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Misaya
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Misaya » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:30 pm

Welcome to the forum :)
- Fiona -

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce

BlossomB
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by BlossomB » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:41 am

Welcome to the forum! I also am also an undergrad from Texas :)