Hans Stewart - playmate and friend

A place to remember our loved ones who have crossed over the Rainbow Bridge.
firleymj
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Hans Stewart - playmate and friend

Post by firleymj » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:06 pm

It is with sorrow that I write of the passing of Kona's first playmate outside his kennel family, "Hans" Stewart, an old-fashioned German Shepherd from metastatic cancer, which he bravely battled for more than five years with the help of his family.

Hans was a bright, happy dog who loved to play and extended so much love to the rowdy puppy that met him in May of 2013. I had the great good fortune to know Hans from his puppy-hood, and truly loved this dog. He was the loyal and playful companion of his owners, John and Megan, and their daughter Victoria. He was preceded in passing by his brother and litter-mate, Fritz this January.

Hans departed this life quietly and mercifully on 04 September 2014. Your brother Fritz, and Brandon, Chips, and Crystal howl their greetings from the other side for you. May you guard the gates of Heaven as well as you guarded your family on earth.
20140904 Hans Stewart (small).jpg
Hans with his pink cancer survivor scarf
20140322 Kona is welcomed by Hans (small).jpg
Kona is welcomed by Hans
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown
The greatest love is a mother's; then a dog's; then a sweetheart's. ~Polish Proverb

The human of Ch.(ARBA) and Ch.(KCUSA) Hawthorne James Watson (call name Kona)

http://www.anthracitetamaskan.com

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Hans Stewart - playmate and friend

Post by HiTenshi16 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:43 am

So sorry to hear of this :( RIP Hans

firleymj
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by firleymj » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:40 pm

Thank you for caring.

I found this prayer recently and offer it for all who find themselves so situated:
Heavenly Father, we come today to return to you the life you entrusted to us in our faithful companion and servant _Name of Pet_
Receive we ask You, their spirit into your company for eternity, after the way of their kind. May _Name_ be blessed again to know his/her eternal Master and be joyfully rejoined with her/his families at the time of Thy choosing and in the fulness of Thy grace.

Amen.
[Doubtless some will object, but I found it comforting]
My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown
The greatest love is a mother's; then a dog's; then a sweetheart's. ~Polish Proverb

The human of Ch.(ARBA) and Ch.(KCUSA) Hawthorne James Watson (call name Kona)

http://www.anthracitetamaskan.com

Ryphen
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Ryphen » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:58 pm

What a handsome guy. May he rest in peace with his brother.