behaviour at arrival

All topics pertaining to the sale of ITR registered Tamaskan puppies / adults, as well as international shipping.
Sindi
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

behaviour at arrival

Post by Sindi » Thu May 13, 2010 2:18 pm

hey,

I would be really curious about personal experiences in this topic.

Who got his pup by airplane? How was this pups behaviour after arrival? After getting him out the crate. Very scared, shy, or just happy to get out of it? How did he (re)act with you? First meeting with your dogs?

What about paperwork and vet. checks at the airport?

Thanks for coming answers :-)

Many Greetings,
Sindi

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: behaviour at arrival

Post by Blustag » Fri May 14, 2010 3:26 pm

Well I have actually flown over with pups overseas, USA and Scandinavia so have had to collect them from Cargo same way as if I was a new owner Pups have always just bounced out of their travel boxes and into my arms. Going through the customs is always scary as you are always worried that you have all your documentation correct but up to now I have never had any problems. If I am the exporter and you are collecting then you wont have any problems as fortunatley I know what Im doing lol.. :D

Sindi
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Sindi » Fri May 14, 2010 3:45 pm

hehe.. well, I trust in you as you have made many experiences :) It's the case that I have no experiences with doggy-air-travel *lol* There are many thoughts at moment and most of them concerning "how will it be". ;)

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Fri May 14, 2010 4:54 pm

Im sure many people who have bought puppies from me will be able to give you their experiences on here of how puppies were when they arrived by plane

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Mon May 17, 2010 12:47 am

Ulric was quite scared at first from his very long flights, didn't want out of his crate. I pulled him out and everyone who saw him thought he was gorgeous (and he still is ;) ). He didn't know what to do once he was out. He whined a bit on the way home but he got comfortable quickly in my lap. He was just small enough to fit between me and the steering wheel (and that is the only time I ever let him do that). Once I got him home he was a little nervous at first but started playing right away with Rukia. I have a video of how he did on his first night, (don't have it up here yet, will put my videos and pictures up when I have more time) and he was quite happy.
I hope this helps you out.

Sindi
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Sindi » Sat May 22, 2010 7:31 pm

thanks a lot for your report! :-)

I've watched the videos of Ulric at youtube.. and after your report about him being scared and nervous at beginning -> it's really great to see him on first night playing and wagging his tail nearly whole time. :-)

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Sun May 23, 2010 12:54 am

I'm glad I was able to help :D

mexxhundekumpel
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by mexxhundekumpel » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:54 pm

Hello Sindi,

as i drive to frankfurt to pick up my little girl , there where a lot of thoughts in my head, is she scared about all, is she shy, angry or something else??? :? ...
Nothing of all, i go to the animal lounge and the staff there where very helpfull and nice. They brought her out of the lounge, i opened her kennel and she cames out a little hesitant, i´ve talked to her and she runs on my lap and licked my face, that was such a gorgeous moment :) :) :) ....
She was very relaxed and i was very happy about that she recovered all well :) :) :)

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:57 am

Glad you had a nice experience with your new puppy :D I do try to get my puppies used to allsorts of things before they travel :D We have a little girl here waiting to travel over to Germany on Sunday. This time she will be going by car. She is a little minx and I dont think anything is going to faze this little monster lol... :lol: