Screening

All topics pertaining to the sale of TDR registered Tamaskan puppies / adults, as well as international shipping.

When you got your Tamaskan did you get screened?

I was screened thoroughly
23%
I was screened somewhat thoroughly
18%
I was mildly screened
12%
I wasn't screened at all
12%
I am going through screening
2%
I don't own a Tamaskan Dog - and I won't be getting one
No votes
I don't own a Tamaskan Dog - but will be getting one in the future
32%

Total votes: 65

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Screening

Post by Nino » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:39 pm

I was just wondering and thought you guys might be interested too.

I was screened thoroughly
I was asked to describe my life, told about my age, my family, my past and my future plans.
I told about my job, what I would do whit the the dog when I was working, how/where I planned to train, what I would do if something went wrong, about insurance.
I also showed pictures of my current life and home and myself.
I had to give references so that my breeder could check if I was telling the truth.
+ more

I was screened somewhat thoroughly
I was asked to describe my life, my age, my family and my home situation, how I was working and what I would do when I was working with the dog and about insurance.
+/- a few things

I was mildly screened
I was asked about myself and my home situation and where I what kind of work I did or things like this, only the general picture. +/-

I wasn't screened at all
I wasn't screened at all or very very little

These two last are just for the ones that don't have any Tams:
I am about to go/going through screening
I don't own a Tamaskan Dog - and I won't be getting one
I don't own a Tamaskan Dog - but will be getting one in the future
>> Nino <<

Rahne

Re: Screening

Post by Rahne » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:51 pm

I have 2 Tamaskan from different breeders, screening was different for both. So what do I choose then?

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:55 pm

I chose "screened thoroughly", but I wasn't asked for references - I did however have to get my landlord to email Lynn saying it was ok for me to have a dog at my rental.
Image Image

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:56 pm

hmm.. I didn't think of those with more than one dog Rahne..
>> Nino <<

Vajente
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Vajente » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:57 pm

next to what I have told her on my own(and that wasn't much) she didn't ask me anything

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:59 pm

I have changed it so that you can choose up to 3 different - please don't vote more than you have Tamaskans so if you only have one only vote once..

(I would say that a landlord is a reference too ;) )
>> Nino <<

Gaby
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Gaby » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:00 pm

Kylievr wrote:I chose "screened thoroughly", but I wasn't asked for references.
This counts for me too. Got my puppy from Blustag.

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:33 pm

I chose 'I was mildly screened' for Konah, I got her from vom Muensterland. I had written some general info about myself and other dogs, activities etc. in a mail to them. However I did also meet them in person before I got Konah.

I chose 'I wasn't screened at all' for Winter, I got him from Blustag. However I did already have Konah, have been quite active in the 'Tam' world and have met Lynn in person.

issylupus
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by issylupus » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:03 pm

I was screened thoroughly. I was about to move to this house in a few week's but did'nt have a telephone at the time. My daughter, Tracy, (my best friend and Guardian angle !!) emailed and spoke to Lynn on the phone many times. Tracy was very thorogh describing me as a person and the kind of life style I have. Her favorite quote is " my mum is barely domesticated and spends as much time as she can away from the house". Lynn asked for Tracy to elaborate on my Mental health illness twice, as I suffer from Depression, Agorophobia and Social Anxiaty. She also asked for referances and I asked my friend and local senior S.s.p.c.a. inspector to give her a referance. Tracy also sent her Photo's of myself and the house.(Tracy and I lived in this house before,20 year's ago)
I thought it was a good thing that carefull and thorough screening was done as Lynn then had a good idea of the kind of person she was dealing with.
( S.s.p.c.a, stand's for : Scottish sociaty for the prevention of crualty to animals)

susann
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by susann » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:55 pm

I can't say that I was screened. I just wrote that I was interested in the breed. I told her we lived in a house with garden and i might have sent her a photo of us. I can't recall answering any questions about work, my interest or anything.. I might have forgotten but I am quite sure that no questions were asked.
Lynn was going to Sweden at that time and we were supposed to met her but at that very same day I had to go to a course through my job and couldn't met her. Two months later, in june, we went to the family that got the two Tamaskan and met the breed. I fell in love !!
I wrote to Lynn and told her that we went to see them and that we would love to own a Tamaskan some day. Got a letter back that she had a little girl for us.

AngieH
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by AngieH » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:42 pm

In anticipation of screening, I wrote a letter of introduction volunteering all the "I was screened thoroughly" information.

Then, through conversation the breeder had me elaborate and discuss my vision on what I wanted from a pet-relationship, what to expect, what I might have to consider etc. Experiences she has had with he'd dogs ans stories about her puppies. I never really felt "screened" exactly. More like I was being "prepared" if that makes sense.

I did ask for, and immeditely received, references from the breeder. I was able o contact owners of her previous litters about their experience and their dogs.

(my breeder was J&J)
One's horizon shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.
~Nin

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:54 pm

I got asked about weather i had breeding plans, financial situation, if i'm working how am i going to spend time with a pup? If i'm not, how can i afford it? Have i had dogs before, have i had big dogs before, can i aford vet bills ... Pictures of me, my kids (which i lapsed in judgement, i don't normally give those to anyone which now makes me angry with me), my partner, my other pets, my back garden (several angles), my front garden...

I asked about her and her dogs, then she gave me petes info...

I got "screened" by Lynn and My breeder was Saxon...

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein