Breeders?

All topics pertaining to the sale of TDR registered Tamaskan puppies / adults, as well as international shipping.
Jamille
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Breeders?

Post by Jamille » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:48 pm

Hello, Im new to this forum. I was thinking about getting a Tamaskan puppy sometime in the future, and would like to know if their are reputable breeders in the US, maybe even possibly Canada?
I've come across Conchur, RPK, Ratliff, and Tamrackar. The first three had bad reviews, but I can't seem to find any about the last one. Their site is currently under construction. I would also like to know if anyone had any experience with them.

-Jamille

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Breeders?

Post by Katlin » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:56 pm

Hi there,

Tamrakar has a female (he's here on the forum). Feel free to join the Canadian Club page :) http://www.facebook.com/groups/tamaskan.canada/ Also there are several puppies in Canada. Where are you exactly (don't worry, you don't have to answer or you can pm me). I'll be getting a pup from WhiteElk but there is also Hawthorne, and Tarheel. http://www.tamaskan-dog.org/breeding/breeders check out that like there to see more breeders.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:40 am

Hi Jamille,

Check here for a list of registered breeders http://www.tamaskan-dog.org/breeding/breeders
Tarheel may still be taking applications as they are expecting to have a litter near the end of August. What bad reviews have you seen? There is also White Elk who are planning a litter http://www.whiteelktamaskan.moonfruit.com/ and Hawthorn http://hawthornetamaskan.com/
I find them all to be great people!

I highly recommend that if you want a real Tamaskan, stay away from RPK as he is a puppy mill and has only copy-cat versions which he calls 'Tamaskan Wolfdog', 'American Tamaskan', and I think he has even called them 'Tamaskan 2.0'(?). I don't know much about Ratliff except that they got their dogs from RPK.

Conchur is part of a split off group who have 'Aatu Tamaskans'. Right now though they are just the same as other Tamaskans.

motherwolf
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by motherwolf » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:04 am

bad review on ratliff? oh boy the dramas of tamaskan ownership. well. im very happy with my choice using his services. my boys are big, strong, healthy and have been crate trained since they came home with me and get along with my whole family fabulously

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:11 am

I dont think she was saying that Ratliff has bad reviews... The dogs that come from RPK are not pure Tamaskan but tamaskan that he has crossed with other mixed breeds since no registered breeder would sell another pure tamaskan to RPK.

motherwolf
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by motherwolf » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:24 am

no he listed the breeders hes come across and ratliff is in the first three and he said "the first three had bad reviews" but i run a ratliff group and anyone i talk to that has bought from them loved their experience. id just say beware "reviews" and make up your own mind. in this breed theres a creep or two with a grudge posting falsities ive come to find. i dont know who it is specifically but it becomes apparent with some digging in my personal opinion

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:01 am

motherwolf wrote:no he listed the breeders hes come across and ratliff is in the first three and he said "the first three had bad reviews" but i run a ratliff group and anyone i talk to that has bought from them loved their experience. id just say beware "reviews" and make up your own mind. in this breed theres a creep or two with a grudge posting falsities ive come to find. i dont know who it is specifically but it becomes apparent with some digging in my personal opinion
Thought you were commenting on another post :oops:

Hmm, I have never heard bad reviews about Ratliff dogs, I just know they got their dogs from RPK who is a puppy mill and doesn't even breed pure Tamaskan's but Tamaskan mixes that tend to have a variety of health issues. An not to mention the three tamaskan RPK had all have epilepsy in their lines.

Jamille
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Jamille » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:10 am

Im currently in Manitoba. I dont plan on getting a puppy soon, as we recently got one this year. I'll wait a bit.

I found a review on Ratliff about his Chihuahuas, because I couldn't find any about his Tamaskans. Here is the link :http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 609AAec1iq Obviously you guys think differently, can I hear your reviews? :)

I just wanted to see if there are good breeders here in Canada, so maybe I could avoid shipping all together. TY to Kaitlin and HiTenshi16 :D

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:18 am

Can't really add anything else, except stay away from RPK and Ratliff.
Ratliff doesn't seem so bad as RPK but they are currently getting rid of all their Chihuahuas (as they have no use for them anymore) to focus on the Tamaskan :roll:
Besides that NO health testing. RPK dogs (and those of Ratliff were bred by RPK) suffer from Hip Dysplasia, Epilepsy, allergies and more.

weylyn

Post by weylyn » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:29 am

I have my Aatu Sierra from conchur. She is a good breeder that does so far as I know the most healthtests and is there for you anytime for your pup. If you want an Aatu I highly recommend her.
The others can give you advice if you want a Tamaskan ;)

But also the Aatu people will say stay away from RPK

Jamille
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Jamille » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:50 am

Is it true about aatus having wolf in them? I looked into it too, Conchur seemed pretty legit. I was thinking about it but we probably have rules here about wolfdogs. Could I also here some reviews about Ratliff? I just want to make sure that if I do get a Tamaskan pup its in full health, and that I got it from the right breeder.

weylyn

Post by weylyn » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:53 am

Aatu's and Tamaskans have the same content ;)
For as now all dogs used by the Aatu are Tamaskans.............
I think you need to read lost of topics here on the forum. Begin with this one: http://www.tamaskan-forum.com/viewtopic ... lf+content

Jamille
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Jamille » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:45 pm

Thank you for the post weylyn. This has cleared up a lot for me :)

Tarheel
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Tarheel » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:05 pm

On Puppies by Ratliff,
They breed the RPK version of Tamaskan called American Tamaskan or Tamaskan Wolfdog. Ratliff is also listed on the RPK site as a breeder. In that sense, Ratliffs are supporting a puppy mill and that puppy mill is endorsing Ratliff. I have no knowledge of Ratliffs breeding standards or practices. He may be a good breeder, but until you personally get to know a breeder, by asking hundreds of questions on how often they breed, what health tests do they do on their breeding dogs, do they conform to any standard, and why are they breeding Tamaskans.
Another point to bring up is that Ratliffs bought the domain name Blustag. But the purpose of him buying the Blustag domain was to re-sell it to Lynn the owner of Blustag kennels to make a profit off her. At one time Ratliff was listed on the RPK site as a breeder under the name Blustag Kennels.

Breeders associated with the Tamaskan Dog register sign breeders contrats and are held to a high standard of breeding ethics. Any Tamaskan breeder wanting to breed for the betterment of the breed and breed quality dogs, would seek to be included in the TDR community as a registered breeded.

Bottom line, if you are associating your breeding practices with a known puppy mill, how respectible of a breeder are you?
John Bannow
Tarheel Tamaskan
Committee of Breeders

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:40 pm

Hi and welcome :D

... What he said ^... Can anyone who associates with puppy mills be trusted? Even if you get to know a breeder, it is no dead cert that you will find out their motives or ethics until it's too late...

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Jamille
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Jamille » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:04 pm

Thank you for the advice Tarheel and TerriHolt. :) Any sort of advice is well appreciated, so if theres anything someone would like to add on....

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:38 pm

Hi Jamille,

I just thought that it's worth mentioning that Ratliff did at one point tried to obtain a male Tamaskan from Double J (the J stands for Judy and Jim), a former TDR breeder in Virginia. However, when Judy and Jim of Double found out about his likely associations with RPK, they chose to ignore him and then RPK (not Ratliff himself) later tried to attack the couple on one of his smear sites. You can see a screenshot I've taken on the Rightpuppy Kennel topic in the Scams and Warning section. I've spoken with the Double J couple about this once and they were shocked but at the same time told me that when Ratliff contacted them they did have the gut feeling that something wasn't right. Although I personally don't know MUCH about Ratliff other than what the others above have said about him BUT I do believe that he is on the same side with RPK and the two are business partners. Don't take my word for it though, it's just my own opinion based on what I was told and some online observations.

EDIT: Here's what I was talking about:
viewtopic.php?f=81&t=291&p=44847#p44847

The Tamaskantruth website is one of RPK's own smear sites meant to defame the TDR and Ronnie Marsh is really RPK's sockpuppet that he uses to attack others with according to what I was told by people who have been attack by him.

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:40 pm

Jamille wrote:Thank you for the advice Tarheel and TerriHolt. :) Any sort of advice is well appreciated, so if theres anything someone would like to add on....
Just so you won't be surprised or disappointed later on there is probably some kind of recent wolf content in the Tamaskan, a few of the very few tested have tested positive with the UC Davis wolfdog test, also SOME lines have Saarloos wolfdog in them and most likely most lines have Czech Vlcak in them.

This affects all Tamaskan - Including the Aatu (because they have started out with the same stock) HOWEVER - Right Puppy Kennel have been known to add in wolfdog (what content cannot be said some probably no content, but others might have had content) after his "split" with the TDR and breeding in all sorts of muts, therefore he also used the name "Tamaskan Wolfdog" until recently when he changed it to "American Tamaskan" (most likely to cover up both the wolfdog and be able to sell to states and countries who prohibit wolfdog ownership but probably also to remove some of the bad publicity following the "Tamaskan Wolfdog" name when you google it).

What ever you decide upon I would suggest you do your homework (which this tread makes me think that you are willing to do) and if possible go meet your breeder, make sure to see official copies of health papers (and GET copies of them before you take home your dog and pay for it! After money have changed hands some breeders tend to be less willing to work with you! Make sure that you have some sort of paper saying what you pay, how you pay, etc. so that should you be screwed over can prove the terms of your agreement, no matter if a verbal agreement is valid or not can it not be proved it's your word against your breeders!)

There are also breeders abroad - don't be afraid to contact those on your way to finding the right breeder, your dog will have to be with you for the next 12+ years after all!
>> Nino <<

Jamille
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Jamille » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:09 pm

Fang- Thank you. I have seen the tamaskantruth website, and thought it was a scam as weel. They seem to be slamming on every breeder but RPK. I know for sure to stay away from RPK, as far as possible, and be cautious with Ratliff now.

Nino- Ive seen the post about wolf content, and plan on trying to get a DNA test if possible, just to be on the safe side. Ive asked for Canadian breeders too, because I prefer to meet the breeder in person. (I'll go down to the states too, if theyre close enough) I need to see the environment the puppies have been living in, and I would like to meet the parents myself. Thank you for all the tips, I'll be sure to keep all of this in mind :)

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:33 pm

The only person at the moment in Canada is Amit but because Leia, his female is still young, you'll have to wait. He's going to be the first breeder in Canada and is an asset to the Canadian branch of the TDR. I've been in touch with him. He lives in Brighton. The plan is to breed Leia with Logan who is owned by Jyoti in Mississauga probably by next year. Currently there are only 4 Tamaskans living in Canada and all of them are in Ontario.

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:15 pm

Jamille wrote: Nino- Ive seen the post about wolf content, and plan on trying to get a DNA test if possible, just to be on the safe side. Ive asked for Canadian breeders too, because I prefer to meet the breeder in person. (I'll go down to the states too, if theyre close enough) I need to see the environment the puppies have been living in, and I would like to meet the parents myself. Thank you for all the tips, I'll be sure to keep all of this in mind :)
I just went to Canada and hope to be going next year myself, so you could still meet some people in person - the dogs on the other hand is more difficult if you don't travel yourself.. but of course I understand! ;)
>> Nino <<

Jamille
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Jamille » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:59 pm

Fang- Thank you for this valuable info. :D I am definitely ok with waiting. I don't plan on getting a pup for a few years, just because I cant afford it, or have the resources for travel. What about Tamrakar? I thought they were Canadian breeders. Amit seems to be a good place to start though, its in reach.

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:01 am

Jamille wrote:Fang- Thank you for this valuable info. :D I am definitely ok with waiting. I don't plan on getting a pup for a few years, just because I cant afford it, or have the resources for travel. What about Tamrakar? I thought they were Canadian breeders. Amit seems to be a good place to start though, its in reach.
Amit = Tamrakar ;)

Jamille
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Jamille » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:58 am

OHHH Thank you for clearing up my confusion haha :lol:

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:19 am

If you're on the western side of the country I'm sure we can arrange a meet sometime next year (when I'll have my pup).

EDIT: there are 5 tamaskans in Canada. Blustag Mini Mouse (Winter) is also in Canada.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

Jamille
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Jamille » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:35 am

If you're on the western side of the country I'm sure we can arrange a meet sometime next year
Im in the central part of Canada. I don't think I'll be getting a puppy for a few years though...
Maybe in 3-4 years :( I dont like the wait, but its just reality for me. Im probably a lot younger than the average here on the forum, so I cant be meeting anyone anytime soon...
Im doing research on the breed, learning as much as possible, so when the day comes, I'll be prepared for a Tamaskan pup. If Im lucky I wont have to wait for so long.

motherwolf
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by motherwolf » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:24 am

my stance is.... simply this. i talked to john ratliff for hours over the course of a few months before depositing. i know hes not at all happy with kevin these days and im sure hed break off if not for the fear of being "alone" in a sense... idk .
im not him
but who i got to know was a good guy, he took my boys to the vet just hours before i arrived on my drive with vet papers ready, they dewormed them right in front of me, had all the advice in the world and were excellent in their interaction with the animals.
my babies are growing very nicely, very strong and healthy, the vet has nothing but compliments about them overall... and if i ever stud or breed there will be testing done.

i try not to get too involved in the "well this breeders better because" kinda convos because i am a firey one and i get passionate especially if it even in a remote way has to do with my little precious doggies... lol
and me and john ratliff talk enough that i consider him a friend...hes always ready to answer any questions, give training suggestions and simply talk my ear off like were old pals lol so when people judge his character based on working under the person he purchased his animals from... at the time im positive he figured he was doing what was best until some layers of kevin began peeling back.

plus.... if i do say so myself... i think my boys and all their siblings have a more predictable outcome as far as looks and ..... well im biased.... are more handsome than many dogs that are directly involved with rpk... tehee

Jamille
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Jamille » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:01 pm

my stance is.... simply this. i talked to john ratliff for hours over the course of a few months before depositing. i know hes not at all happy with kevin these days and im sure hed break off if not for the fear of being "alone" in a sense... idk .
im not him
but who i got to know was a good guy, he took my boys to the vet just hours before i arrived on my drive with vet papers ready, they dewormed them right in front of me, had all the advice in the world and were excellent in their interaction with the animals.
my babies are growing very nicely, very strong and healthy, the vet has nothing but compliments about them overall... and if i ever stud or breed there will be testing done.

i try not to get too involved in the "well this breeders better because" kinda convos because i am a firey one and i get passionate especially if it even in a remote way has to do with my little precious doggies... lol
and me and john ratliff talk enough that i consider him a friend...hes always ready to answer any questions, give training suggestions and simply talk my ear off like were old pals lol so when people judge his character based on working under the person he purchased his animals from... at the time im positive he figured he was doing what was best until some layers of kevin began peeling back.

plus.... if i do say so myself... i think my boys and all their siblings have a more predictable outcome as far as looks and ..... well im biased.... are more handsome than many dogs that are directly involved with rpk... tehee
Thank you for your opinion :) Sounds like you had a good experience with him

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:14 pm

Jamille wrote:
If you're on the western side of the country I'm sure we can arrange a meet sometime next year
Im in the central part of Canada. I don't think I'll be getting a puppy for a few years though...
Maybe in 3-4 years :( I dont like the wait, but its just reality for me. Im probably a lot younger than the average here on the forum, so I cant be meeting anyone anytime soon...
Im doing research on the breed, learning as much as possible, so when the day comes, I'll be prepared for a Tamaskan pup. If Im lucky I wont have to wait for so long.
Ok I see your intentions now :) No worries. In that case by the time you want a tamaskan there will be (potentially) 3 breeders. Tamrakar, Asgard, and myself (waiting on my puppy). I think I'm one of the youngest future breeders (I'll be 21 in 2 weeks). Age doesn't matter ;)
Not going to lie I think their dogs are a LOT wolfier than RPK's, I love the looks of Willow and Ivy :) That said I'm not 100% on their breeding practices, I don't think they did any hip scoring which is the bare minimum for me, DM testing would be ideal as well.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

Jamille
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Jamille » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:14 pm

In that case by the time you want a tamaskan there will be (potentially) 3 breeders. Tamrakar, Asgard, and myself (waiting on my puppy).
Where is Asgard located? Between Tamrakar and you, you are only a 15-16 hour drive away. Brighton is a 25 hour drive, so if I want to go there, it would be best to take a plane. Flight seems to take about 3-4 hours average. I think a plane would be unnecessary, so I think the first place I would go to is Calgary.

Gabriele58
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Gabriele58 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:51 am

Hi Jamille,

Asgard is currently located in Hamilton, Ontario. We only have one male dog right now but are hoping to be approved for a female soon. It'll be around 2 years before we're able to actually breed, pending health tests. I'm sure that if you decide to get a Tam, you won't regret it....as long as you've done your research on the quirks of this breed :D
~Gabriele~

Jamille
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Jamille » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:47 am

Asgard is currently located in Hamilton, Ontario. We only have one male dog right now but are hoping to be approved for a female soon. It'll be around 2 years before we're able to actually breed, pending health tests. I'm sure that if you decide to get a Tam, you won't regret it....as long as you've done your research on the quirks of this breed :D
Thanks for the info :) My younger sister wanted a puppy of her own eventually, so Im probab;y gonna end up working with her :D

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:49 am

Jamille wrote:
In that case by the time you want a tamaskan there will be (potentially) 3 breeders. Tamrakar, Asgard, and myself (waiting on my puppy).
Where is Asgard located? Between Tamrakar and you, you are only a 15-16 hour drive away. Brighton is a 25 hour drive, so if I want to go there, it would be best to take a plane. Flight seems to take about 3-4 hours average. I think a plane would be unnecessary, so I think the first place I would go to is Calgary.
:) cool! Yes Canada is such a huge country to get across. Flights are quite expensive especially just for a there an back trip because you'll probably have to stay in a dog friendly hotel for the night. It's a lot to think about! Good for you for starting early.
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters

Jamille
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Jamille » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:22 am

:) cool! Yes Canada is such a huge country to get across.
This is the reason Im asking for Canadian breeders. It would be easier to go around Canada than crossing the border :)

alexander323bc
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by alexander323bc » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:09 pm

I live in buffalo and have been researching the breed for about a year now. This thread just taught there might be a future breeder in hamilton! That is short drive ( in comparison) for a puppy :)

Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Hawthorne » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:24 pm

alexander323bc wrote:I live in buffalo and have been researching the breed for about a year now. This thread just taught there might be a future breeder in hamilton! That is short drive ( in comparison) for a puppy :)
Oh! We used to live in Erie. That would have been a short drive too.
Welcome to the breed, too.
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

alexander323bc
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by alexander323bc » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:26 pm

Fort Erie or Erie PA? Either one would have been shorter but hamilton is still nice. I hope this doesn't offend everyone because I know everyone has the opinion on breeders but most of the dogs came from Bluestag originally correct? I only ask because I am considering of one her puppies my thought logic was it might strengthen the breed here in the U.S if i ever decide to mate the male down the road. Am I way off base here? Any feedback would be great!

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:41 pm

I would contact the TDR as I am unsure if Blustag and Blufawn puppies will be able to be registered at this point, interested to hear how this would be handled though. Personally I would rather see us bring new blood then more of the same lines but that is just my opinion.

alexander323bc
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by alexander323bc » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:40 pm

AZDehlin wrote:I would contact the TDR as I am unsure if Blustag and Blufawn puppies will be able to be registered at this point, interested to hear how this would be handled though. Personally I would rather see us bring new blood then more of the same lines but that is just my opinion.

OK thanks I will start there. If anyone else has any feedback please feel free to post!

I just went to their webpage and they don't have an email address. Maybe Tarheel can weigh in on this?

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:33 am

All their contacts are listed here:

http://www.tamaskan-dog.org/contact

Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Hawthorne » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:29 pm

alexander323bc wrote:Fort Erie or Erie PA? Either one would have been shorter but hamilton is still nice. I hope this doesn't offend everyone because I know everyone has the opinion on breeders but most of the dogs came from Bluestag originally correct? I only ask because I am considering of one her puppies my thought logic was it might strengthen the breed here in the U.S if i ever decide to mate the male down the road. Am I way off base here? Any feedback would be great!
Erie, PA.

As far as Blustag--others correct me if I'm wrong on this--but she doesn't have any lines that we don't have. But on that thought it would be best to talk to John about what individual matings, if any, would be helpful.
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:32 pm

Hawthorne wrote: As far as Blustag--others correct me if I'm wrong on this--but she doesn't have any lines that we don't have. But on that thought it would be best to talk to John about what individual matings, if any, would be helpful.
As far as I personally think, Blustag does not have anything that someone else does not already have - and the pups wouldn't be registered with the TDR - www.tamaskan-dog.org and I would think (don't hang me up on this as I'm not 100% sure at this time) you would have to apply for registration of the dog if it goes through the health testing.
>> Nino <<

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:03 pm

I agree with Line here although I do believe that the Blus will still continue to sell their dogs as being registered with the Old TDR so there will very likely be confusions among future buyers.

In the past I used to be able to simply tell new people who just got into the breed and asked me on youtube and in my emails the differences between the Tamaskan and Aatu Tamaskan dogs - that the Tamaskans are registered with the TDR and the ones bred by the TBA breeders are not registered with the TDR even though some of the dogs owned by the TBA are still legitimate Tamaskans without getting into the politics. But now because of the whole situation that has occurred with the Blus, I'm finding it extremely difficult to explain the differences between an Old TDR dog and a New TDR dog without touching on the drama as I don't want to put people off the breed should someone start asking again. I have already been asked by a kid whom I've talked about the breed a lot to last year and now she's also into and noticed the two websites (tamaskan-dog.com and tamaskan-dog.org) a few weeks ago while visiting a birthday party. I just simply said, "tamaskan-dog.com is out-dated and two of the breeders listed there are no longer part of this new community. Go on the new dot org for now on." That's as toned down as I can get, of course, if anyone chooses to buy a Blu dog in the future then that is their own choice and there's nothing I can do about that.

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:27 pm

Tiantai wrote:I agree with Line here although I do believe that the Blus will still continue to sell their dogs as being registered with the Old TDR so there will very likely be confusions among future buyers.

In the past I used to be able to simply tell new people who just got into the breed and asked me on youtube and in my emails the differences between the Tamaskan and Aatu Tamaskan dogs - that the Tamaskans are registered with the TDR and the ones bred by the TBA breeders are not registered with the TDR even though some of the dogs owned by the TBA are still legitimate Tamaskans without getting into the politics. But now because of the whole situation that has occurred with the Blus, I'm finding it extremely difficult to explain the differences between an Old TDR dog and a New TDR dog without touching on the drama as I don't want to put people off the breed should someone start asking again. I have already been asked by a kid whom I've talked about the breed a lot to last year and now she's also into and noticed the two websites (tamaskan-dog.com and tamaskan-dog.org) a few weeks ago while visiting a birthday party. I just simply said, "tamaskan-dog.com is out-dated and two of the breeders listed there are no longer part of this new community. Go on the new dot org for now on." That's as toned down as I can get, of course, if anyone chooses to buy a Blu dog in the future then that is their own choice and there's nothing I can do about that.
Lucas - there is no "Old TDR" and "New TDR" - if there were such a thing it would mean that the TDR (and here I am referring to those who is supported by this forum and who has the domain name www.tamaskan-dog.org) had broken off the original TDR and formed their own, this is not the case.
The TDR (still the same as the above description) did not break off - one of the members (Blufawn) was the Secretary and her leaving the TDR Committee is dated in May, then there were 4 members left; John, Debby, Fiona and Lynn.
In June without consulting the rest of the TDR Lynn (Blustag) and Jennie (Blufawn - who no longer was a TDR Committee member) started a forum stating it to be "Tamaskan Dog Register Forum", as this was not a thing done with the rest of the TDR Committee's approval and Lynn as far as I am aware did not respond to several attempts of contacting her the rest of the TDR Committee; John, Debby and Fiona, had a vote to add 5 extra members to the TDR Committee because it had become rather small and needed to evolve to last.
Lynn and Jennie (and I repeat myself when saying she had already retired from the TDR Committee) then said that they were the Tamaskan Dog Register - TDR, probably thinking that people would just agree to that, but since they did not account for more than 1/4 of the TDR Committee you can ask yourself how in the world they can assume that they can just take a register and call it their own.
There are no New and Old TDR - because there were never made another TDR, there are the Original Run TDR which still has 3/4 of the former Committee as current Committee members and then there is Lynn (Blustag) and Jennie (Blufawn) and their pretend Register where Jennie (Blufawn) is now ridding of a lot of her breeding dogs leaving Lynn to be maybe not the sole but damn well near sole breeder of their "group".

The entire difference lays in the fact that the Current Tamaskan Dog Register Committee actually have started to show what they "have" in their Register, it's a slightly long process of gathering information but hopefully with the help of owners, new and current breeders we can have this done rather sooner than later.
Ultimately all dogs born within the Tamaskan Dog Register will be by their breeder registered and set into the Database so that the public can follow the what's and where's of how the Tamaskan Dog is "expanding", but not only that, there will also be a possibility to follow health which has not only been sent to 1 single person to hold (and conveniently loose when asked to share), but will be "approved" by more than one person to actually know that the result is what the breeder says it is!

The Tamaskan Dog Register will in the future not only be a name but also what the name suggest!
>> Nino <<

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:31 pm

You're right, I was also extremely angry when I first saw that other forum that Lynn made. Right off the bat I was ready to go berserk on them but thankfully I didn't. I'm still upset at what Lynn wrote as shown in that screenshot posted by Terri and John's evidence to counter those other crap that she claimed. In my opinion, the blustag and blufawn pups born after the transition are no longer registered Tamaskan dogs and will have to go through THIS community's committees in order to be registered but I have the feeling that the Blus are still going to continue to, as you worded, pretend that their dogs are registered or continue to call them Tamaskans. But like I said, anyone seeking to purchase a Blu dog, I won't stop them, it's their own choice.

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:15 pm

It will always be the choice of a purchaser who they want to lay down their money with, and I don't deny that dogs from them can and probably in most cases will be amazing and very loved dogs.

For me, it's a matter of who I myself can trust and I don't want to buy something from someone I do not trust is giving me a "quality product"
Everyone has to deside for them selves weather they feel that any breeder can do this.
I just know that I didn't get the information I should have from my breeder, and upon request later on her answer was and I qoute "
I am happy to send you copies of what you request in due course. I am waiting to see the outcome of all this nastiness that is going on right now."
Not surpricingly I have not seen any health papers and I really doubt I ever will, she did not want to send them before she left the TDR - she's most definately not going to send them now!

Any dog I will be getting in the future I will ask for copies of the papers up front and I suggest anyone else to do the same - if the breeder you are going to buy from is not willing to show these to a possible purchaser then this breeder is likely to have a damn good reason for that - and believe me "I don't trust people won't mis-use them" is NOT a good reason! If you don't have anything to hide and you have all your paperwork in order and are willing to share them upon request you are NOT afraid that people will misuse them - because you will ALWAYS have the originals stored!
>> Nino <<

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:42 pm

Yeah you've already told me that before. I do wish you the best of luck on your next dog and know that you will definitely choose the best one that's right for you.

I don't mean to sound insulting on what I'm about to say but learning from the Blu's mistakes I definitely won't delay on those crucial documents and paperworks when handing them out to my potential buyer in the distant future. I strongly believe that they MUST be given to the buyer and if the buyer later requests them (maybe due to losing a few) I will have copies prepared to send to them. Nothing should be hidden!

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:43 am

Tiantai wrote:I don't mean to sound insulting on what I'm about to say but learning from the Blu's mistakes I definitely won't delay on those crucial documents and paperworks when handing them out to my potential buyer in the distant future. I strongly believe that they MUST be given to the buyer and if the buyer later requests them (maybe due to losing a few) I will have copies prepared to send to them. Nothing should be hidden!
You can be sure that I am certainly doing my research now - looking into getting my next dog since I hopefully will be done with school by the end of next month (pending examns)
We learn by our mistakes and hopefully my "mistakes" can give some wisdom to others when they are going through getting a dog themselves if I share that :)

I will personally be supplying all copies of all health documents to my puppy purchasers without a doubt, I see no reason otherwise and I do not see any good mis-use of me giving papers to the purchasers of any puppy I should sell..
>> Nino <<

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:57 pm

I personally wouldn't recommend Blustag and as others already said, we all have dogs from her bloodlines so there isn't much that any of her dogs can still add to our breeding stock... If you do want to get a pup from her then make sure you do your research and ask for copies of health results etc.

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:18 am

Nino wrote:Sometimes I ask myself how much her and Jennie actually knows, just for my little experience and research of my own I have sometimes been sitting and thinking what they are saying is wrong and that they ought to know such things when proclaiming they have that much experience.. It seems to me like they only care about results not why and when they will get those results, or why they don't get them... yeah
They still have some people convinced they know a good amount ;)

I also find it annoying that someone who owns one dog or has perhaps bred one litter seems to think they now know everything. The more I study the more I learn that I dont know anything......
Im sure Jennie and Lynn wont pretend to know everything, but they sure know a lot more than the majority of the people in wolf look alike breeds which is why the Tamaskan has been so sucessful.
Sorry, just had to throw in my amusement... Probably pretty childish :D Anything is successful if you lie hard enough... But success built on lies will fall eventually because a foundation of lies isn't as strong as foundation built on truth... Lies always have holes...

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein