2015/2016 Litters?

All topics pertaining to the sale of TDR registered Tamaskan puppies / adults, as well as international shipping.
jasminekeem
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

2015/2016 Litters?

Post by jasminekeem » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:29 am

Hi everyone!

So I've been thinking about getting a Tamaskan for a long time now. I've done pretty thorough research (looking into the breed/breed history, recommended breeders, local obedience programs, pet insurance plans etc etc etc) (I am a bit of an over-planner if you couldn't tell :lol: )

I feel that I'm ready to own a Tamaskan so I was wondering whether any of you had recommendations for a particular breeder/know if any planned liters for 2015/2016? I really prefer to have a registered TDR breeder and I live in California so I would prefer a US breeder but I am not at all opposed to a breeder in Europe or Canada. A number of the breeders on the TDR page have broken websites, have no mention of upcoming liters, or are not ready to have pups any time soon so if you guys know of any awesome breeders that are taking people on their wait list/are planning future litters, please let me know!

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :D

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: 2015/2016 Litters?

Post by HiTenshi16 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:52 am

Hi! Hawthorne in Pennsylvania has plans for a litter in fall this year I believe. Any other breeders I am not aware because no one has mentioned anything yet.

Wolfsbane
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Re: 2015/2016 Litters?

Post by Wolfsbane » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:38 am

In the Netherlands for 2016, probably Asha (from: http://www.sunkmanitu-tamaskan.nl/) and Ylva (from: http://www.vantaelsesluske.nl/) will be bred.

Edit: Maybe good to know that importing from the Netherlands is possible at 10 weeks old (no rabies vaccination needed), and because our low puppy prices (compared to other countries) it isn't that expensive either (probably even cheaper than buying a puppy in US).
Dutch breeders test for DM, Dwarfism, Hip Dysplasia, Elbow Dysplasia, eyes and the MyDogDNA testing. We do a lot of outcrossing so if you intent to breed it could also really benefit the North American population. We recently send out three puppies from the Netherlands to the United States and Canada :)