Are these dogs Tamaskan or a different breed?

Everything about Tamaskan Dogs that does not fit within the other topics in this section.
iankiely10
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Is my dog Bella a Tamaskan?

Post by iankiely10 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:38 pm

Hi all, my name is Ian and I am new to the forums.

Early this year I came across a dog in the middle of nowhere while out for a walk. She seemed very scared and unkept so I took her home. I went about all avenues to find out where she came from. I visited local shelters, put up posters, phone the authorities and even put an ad in the local paper but no luck. In the end we decided to take her into our care.

Her name is Bella and I always thought she was either a siberian husky or mix breed. However I recently came across the breed known as a Tamaskan and the likness is uncanning. All the photos and descriptions of behaviour all match to what a Tamaskan would be.

My question to you is could you have a look and let me know what you think

This is Bella when I first took her homehttp://s1087.photobucket.com/albums/j46 ... bella2.jpg

This is her now almost 9 months laterhttp://s1087.photobucket.com/albums/j46 ... lla3-1.jpg

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Is my dog Bella a Tamaskan?

Post by TerriHolt » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:58 pm

fluffy mal x husky? i think she is too fluffy/long haired for a tam... but i'm not the expert :oops: :D

There’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth.

The wolf that wins? The one you feed!

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

iankiely10
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by iankiely10 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:06 pm

Thank you for your input but from looking at the pictures on the forum like this beautiful guy Dyland

http://www.tamaskan-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1919

she is no fluffier than him. I think the picture might make her look fluffier than she actually is :)

Aravis
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by Aravis » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:16 pm

I'm just a newb, so not an expert at all, but aren't all (?) Tamaskans carrying a microchip? If your dog has one the breeders info could be found there. If she doesn't have one... well I wonder why on earth someone wouldn't chip their dog. I guess it could float to a place where it can't be found anymore.

Other than that, she looks lovely, and you must be very fond of her, since you are trying to find out what kind of dog she is.

iankiely10
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by iankiely10 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:19 pm

We absolutely love her here. She is an angel. We had her checked and she didnt have a chip in her. We believe she was intentially brought out to the place we found her and abandoned. God only knows why because she is beautiful, but there are some horrible people out there.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:37 pm

Welcome to the forum, Ian! :D
She does look quite Tamaskan-y but the fact you are living in Ireland, where Tamaskan Dogs are very rare, makes it quite an unlikely probability. If you'd found her in America, I'd say there was a remote chance she could be descended from RPK bloodlines (since she looks similar to Roxy and Luna) but then again, there is a slim chance that she is descended from Moonstone (Robbie) bloodlines in the UK. She's a nice dog though and lucky to have a good home now, no matter her background! :D
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:45 pm

Bella is cute, but I am positive that she is not a Tamaskan. The fluffy/long hair that I am sure Terri is referring to is the "feathering" around her ears which is seen quite often in RightPuppy Kennel dogs (much like Luna, I believe a Tamaskan mix, the other one in Dylan's thread). RPK dogs are not real Tamaskans but copy-cats to confuse the public with to buying his dogs, so try not to confuse his "American Tamaskans" with the real thing.
Judging from where you are living, I really think she is most likely a Malamute/ Husky mix.

All reputable Tamaskan breeders are in contact with their puppy adopters so if she was a missing Tamaskan, I'm sure the community would have known of it and some one would of contacted you with your efforts of trying to find where she came from ;)

I hope my information helps, I know if I got anything wrong someone will correct me :D BTW, I moved this topic to the General section since it did not fit in the Gallery.

iankiely10
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by iankiely10 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:57 pm

Thank you for all your replies. No matter what Bella is we will love her.

Booma
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Booma » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:29 am

Shes a beautiful dog, but her masking doesn't look right for a pure tam. Also not all tams are chipped. The ones being shipped internationally are, and Blustag/Blufawn will be doing them all now, but it's not a requirement (unless shopping overseas)
Image Image

iankiely10
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by iankiely10 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:38 am

If shes not a Tam what is she? Malamute/husky mix?, Tam mix? Iv been told so many things I dont know what to call her lol. Iv looked at tam pictures on here and she is so similar it is remarkable. Ill have to get a better picture because this doesnt do her justifaction.

WhiteElkStag
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by WhiteElkStag » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:38 am

Post more pictures of her holding herself differently from different angles. It is incredibly unlikely that she has any Tamaskan blood in her, but it isn't impossible. In the end, unless you want to breed her or show her it doesn't matter what breed she is so long as she is a wonderful pet.
Ben Premack
www.WhiteElkTamaskan.com
www.Facebook.com/WhiteElkTamaskan
Rhea (Saxon Aquila at White Elk), Sophie (Saxon Canis Venatici at White Elk), and Auri (Blufawn Sunshine on My Shoulders at White Elk)

TeresaC
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by TeresaC » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:04 am

Hi Ian, We are Luna's owners. She is a Tamaskan. She was bred by Right Puppy Kennel (RPK) in North Carolina, USA. She is not a registered TDR dog since RPK refuses to follow any ethical dog breeding practices. Luna is descended from dogs that were imported from Blustag and who unfortunately ended up in the hands of RPK's owner... this is another story.

Luna has a relative named Sylka (grandmother). Sylka was used to help bring in longer hair along with other attributes. Luna does look somewhat similar. Blustag has another Sylka offstpring, Denver, who also has the long hair.

Denver:

Sylka:

To see other foundation dogs, that were used, you should visit the Tamaskan page on Facebook. The photos have a lot of pictures of dogs used in the creation of the breed. Some of them like Digit, Hanuka and Luca all had longer hair as well.

Tamaskan Facebook page:

Bella may not be a pure bred Tamaskan, but she sure looks like some of the foundation dogs. It doesn't really matter though, she is beautiful and has a loving home. A loving home is the most important of all.

Best wishes. Teresa
Teresa Cutler
Moondance Tamaskan, Wisconsin
US Tamaskan Dog Club, Secretary

JulieSmith
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by JulieSmith » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:10 pm

I have no idea if she is a Tamaskan or not, but she is lovely and a lucky dog to be found by someone who will love and care for her.

I have a small terrier from a rescue and it a great game for people to try and guess the mix :lol:

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:47 pm

HiTenshi16 wrote:The fluffy/long hair that I am sure Terri is referring to is the "feathering" around her ears
is exactly what i was supposed to be saying :oops: thanks :D and she does look very similar to roxy (which is something else i couldn't think of at the time :oops: )

she has a home and she is loved instead of been in a shelter somewhere. she will have a wonderful xmas no matter what she is and i'm sure you will love he all the same just as she will love you in return. she is a very lucky girl to have found people like you who will care for her and love her like she deserves :P

One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.

~ Cherokee Proverb

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... I'm not sure about the former.

~ Albert Einstein

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:14 pm

Hi Ian I did reply to your email to me.

Bella is lovely but def not a Tamaskan. I would say she is a cross Siberian Husky with either a Northern Inuit OR Utonagan. I can see these breeds in
her... Well done for rescuing her.

wicca1
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by wicca1 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:55 pm

very pretty dog and very lucky to have found a home with you :D :D

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:43 am

Hi, your dog doesn't look like a Tamaskan to me but she is still a beautiful dog and I love the long coat. Take good care of that gorgeous dog! :)

sequoia
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by sequoia » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:33 am

Regardless of what breed she contains - she is most certainly a beautiful girl! She's lucky that you gave her a great home!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~ Anatole France

caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Does anybody know if this really is a Tamaskan Dog?

Post by caninesrock » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:51 pm

It looks very wolfy. I was wondering if it was a Tamaskan dog, one of those scam Tamaskan Wolfdogs, or something else? It's on wikipedia and they always say to take anything on wikipedia with a grain of salt.
(Btw, yes it's where I got my avvie from. It's in the public domain. I unfortunatey don't have the pleasure of owning my own Tamaskan dog as far as I know, they are extremely rare here in the states.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tamaskan.jpg

Valravn
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Re: Does anybody know if this really is a Tamaskan Dog?

Post by Valravn » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:08 pm

That is a real Tamaskan. I can't remember which one though... Kal-el or Jienka I think.

Rahne

Post by Rahne » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:52 pm

Jienka. I used to think it was a younger Banjo before lol :oops:

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:30 pm

Rahne wrote:Jienka. I used to think it was a younger Banjo before lol :oops:
I thought it was Banjo when he was younger too :oops:

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:49 pm

This is a Jackal offspring one of my breeding. I know this photograph well.
I think it is one in Scandinavia... will look it up. :D

jmarino82
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by jmarino82 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:21 am

ALWAYS loved this pic. Didn't it used to be used on the website run by the TDR? I seem to remember it being one of the pics that originally captivated me and drew me to the breed.

((such a gorgeous animal Lynn, one of yours, right?))

Blustag
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Blustag » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:59 am

Yes this picture has appeared around the websites and on wiki.

BrettThomas
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by BrettThomas » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:34 pm

caninesrock wrote:It looks very wolfy. I was wondering if it was a Tamaskan dog, one of those scam Tamaskan Wolfdogs, or something else? It's on wikipedia and they always say to take anything on wikipedia with a grain of salt.
(Btw, yes it's where I got my avvie from. It's in the public domain. I unfortunatey don't have the pleasure of owning my own Tamaskan dog as far as I know, they are extremely rare here in the states.)
That face is 100% dog...not very wolfie at all

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:48 am

BrettThomas wrote:
caninesrock wrote:It looks very wolfy. I was wondering if it was a Tamaskan dog, one of those scam Tamaskan Wolfdogs, or something else? It's on wikipedia and they always say to take anything on wikipedia with a grain of salt.
That face is 100% dog...not very wolfie at all
.... :? why would you bump this topic with a fairly rude comment?
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

BrettThomas
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by BrettThomas » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:53 pm

Didn't think my comment was rude at all. The dog has a very pronounced stop, tall ears, and rounder eyes. It looks very doggy.

weylyn

Post by weylyn » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:29 pm

about that most people think that wolves have small ears. Know that many wolf-species in Europe have large ears. Of springs of Jackal who has CwD in him is no surprise they have big ears because in the CwD is the Carpathian wolf and they have big ears.........
I have a half one here in my house and we call him Yoda because of his big ears hahahaha So don't be mistaken that big ears are specially dog treats because they do not have to be.....

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:38 pm

BrettThomas wrote:Didn't think my comment was rude at all. The dog has a very pronounced stop, tall ears, and rounder eyes. It looks very doggy.
Hard to judge stop by one photo and on a straight on shot at that. An if I am not mistaken this dog is not even an adult in this picture, so ears still were not grown into. I think it is kind of rude to make statement based on one photo on a dog you know little about. If you think he looks doggie thats your opinion and your welcome to share that, but it would be better if you worded as such so it doesn't come off as a rude.

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:13 pm

Are there any updated pictures of him?

Hawthorne
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Hawthorne » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:11 pm

Actually, I've been thinking about ear size from day one. Perhaps wolf ears are the same size as that of a Tam--but are hidden because of a lack of full coat. If you look at a wolf in summer coat, the ears look rather large. Also, skull size would certainly have something to do with it as well. Proportionally, wolves have larger heads--so that would probably disguise large ear size, too.
Tracy Graziano
http://www.hawthornetamaskan.com

bark as if no one can hear you
catch the ball on the fly
lick like there's no end to kissing
sleep on a sofa nearby
jump like the sky is the limit
sit by the fire with friends
stay with the ones who love you
run like the road never ends

AZDehlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by AZDehlin » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:56 am

Hawthorne wrote:Actually, I've been thinking about ear size from day one. Perhaps wolf ears are the same size as that of a Tam--but are hidden because of a lack of full coat. If you look at a wolf in summer coat, the ears look rather large. Also, skull size would certainly have something to do with it as well. Proportionally, wolves have larger heads--so that would probably disguise large ear size, too.
I was thinking the same thing. Zephyr has gotten a lot of compliments on his nice tiny ears, but now that he has lost all his winter coat they look no smaller than every other tamaskan I have met... I was also thinking it may be a coat thickness issue. I will have to try and find a front on shot in winter coat and take a shot now in summer coat to what his ears look like... Here is are ear measurement topic: http://www.tamaskan-forum.com/viewtopic ... t=ear+size

Any one have access to pure wolves and can measure their ears :lol: :lol: ?

Nino
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Nino » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:56 pm

Today I am with my god-father who have a gorgeous old male Alaskan Malamute and Sølve is almost as tall as him but he is much more massive and his head is soo big.. The ears on the other hand are pretty much the same size (although his is soo nice very well furred!)
>> Nino <<

caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by caninesrock » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:33 pm

Actually, Brett is right. I don't find his comment rude at all. At the time I made this post, I hadn't really studied up on the looks of wolfdogs and pure wolves. The animal pictured is a beautiful animal in his own way,but doesn't really look that much like a wolf other than coloring-wise and then only sort of. Since posting this, I've seen Czech Vlacks, wolfdogs, and even purebred Siberian husky that have a more wolfy look than this dog.

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:55 am

caninesrock wrote:Actually, Brett is right. I don't find his comment rude at all. At the time I made this post, I hadn't really studied up on the looks of wolfdogs and pure wolves. The animal pictured is a beautiful animal in his own way,but doesn't really look that much like a wolf other than coloring-wise and then only sort of. Since posting this, I've seen Czech Vlacks, wolfdogs, and even purebred Siberian husky that have a more wolfy look than this dog.
Well to be honest I don't see any of those supposed wolfdog breeds looking that much like a real wolf actually. Though this is due in part to having hung out with coywolves, some native to Ontario, one bred in western Canada and was imported here as well as actual wolfdogs. I dare say that a particular mid-content poodle/wolfdog hybrid I know looks more wolf-like than any Czech Vlcak I've seen.

caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by caninesrock » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:34 am

Tiantai wrote:
caninesrock wrote:Actually, Brett is right. I don't find his comment rude at all. At the time I made this post, I hadn't really studied up on the looks of wolfdogs and pure wolves. The animal pictured is a beautiful animal in his own way,but doesn't really look that much like a wolf other than coloring-wise and then only sort of. Since posting this, I've seen Czech Vlacks, wolfdogs, and even purebred Siberian husky that have a more wolfy look than this dog.
Well to be honest I don't see any of those supposed wolfdog breeds looking that much like a real wolf actually. Though this is due in part to having hung out with coywolves, some native to Ontario, one bred in western Canada and was imported here as well as actual wolfdogs. I dare say that a particular mid-content poodle/wolfdog hybrid I know looks more wolf-like than any Czech Vlcak I've seen.
Really? I'll agree with you that the Saarloos looks decidely unwolfy with huge ears and in some cases a red coat color being allowed, the American Tundra Shepherd look like very chunky German Shepherds, Lupo Italianos remind me sort of of mini-Iberian wolves,but don't look too wolfy, and the Kunming wolfdog just looks like a German Shepherd with a straight back and darker coloration. However, the Czechs I've seen look very wolfy:

One exmaple of wolfy Czech Wolfdogs:

And I love Eastern Coyotes/Coywolves.

Do the coyotes/coywolves there look like this?(I love the look of this guy):
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article ... he-coywolf

Tiantai
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Tiantai » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:08 am

I'll bring the discussion about the Eastern Coywolf in a PM tomorrow since it involves a few that are owned by private owners who don't want too much details going into the public due to hellbent freaks trying to cause trouble for them. I can tell you in public though that the one I've bottled-fed once and later reunited with grew way bigger than that one shown in the Toronto Stars as he was from a captive breeding and the wolf side is not from an eastern subspecies but rather from a captive western one imported into Ontario.

As for the appearance of the Czech, I meant by regardless how wolf-like they are meant to look, whenever I look at them, I only see the face of a dog. It's partly because the Czech in my views are no longer true wolfdogs as the pure wolves are as recent as in the 1980s, or that's what I've been told by multiple people on facebook, but since then have been carefully bred and even though some wolf-like traits can still be seen, most have turned more dog-like over generations from careful selective breeding. The same goes for when I look at Tamaskans of any coat colour and then look at photos of the real Grey wolves, they don't look the same. The wolf always has that serious look on its face while the adult dog, wheather it's a Czech, Saarloos, or Tamaskan, still manages to keep that innocent doggy face. ;)

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:14 am

caninesrock wrote: I'll agree with you that the Saarloos looks decidely unwolfy with huge ears and in some cases a red coat color being allowed
weylyn wrote:about that most people think that wolves have small ears. Know that many wolf-species in Europe have large ears. Of springs of Jackal who has CwD in him is no surprise they have big ears because in the CwD is the Carpathian wolf and they have big ears.........
I have a half one here in my house and we call him Yoda because of his big ears hahahaha So don't be mistaken that big ears are specially dog treats because they do not have to be.....
Have you ever googled ALL the different types of wolf caninesrock? It sounds like, in your head, that there is only 1 wolf type, 1 wolf look and nothing more... You never seen wolves with red coat colour?

More so that, making dogs legal to live everywhere, you will lose the strong wolf look look even if the wolf used was the one you have pictured in your heard because so much dog has to be used and it will over power the wolf percentage...
To keep 'the look', you will need the breed to remain HC which will make them illegal in most parts of the world... What old be the sense in that? Not to mention the immoral aspect of keeping a HC, that has retained the wolf needs, wolf instincts in captivity and walking it on a chain like a common hose dog...

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by caninesrock » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:57 pm

I am well aware that there are many different subspecies of Gray Wolf as well as Red Wolves and Ethiopian Wolves. And I am aware that wolves can be red.

However,the shade of red that I was referring to was like on this Saarloos(which is a shade of red that can't be found on pure wolves in my opinion):

If it were red like a Red Wolf:

Or like an Ethiopian Wolf:

Or like an Algonquin Park Wolf(Purebred Eastern Wolf):
[img]http://hal_macgregor.tripod.com/kennel/Redwolf2.jpg[/img]

then it would look natural to me.

By large ears I meant German Shepherd type ears. German Shepherds have huge ears.

Example:
Saarloos Ears:
[img]http://hal_macgregor.tripod.com/kennel/Saarloos2.jpg[/img]

German Shepherd Ears:

Eurasian Wolf Ears(And before anybody says anything,yes the coloring on this wolf is somewhat simliar to the above Saarloos. However,this wolf is a golden color while the Saarloos is like a strawberry blonde color.)

I don't expect the dogs to look exactly like pure wolves. I just would except them to have a wolfy look and in my opinion, Saarloos look more like shepherd type dogs than having any kind of wolfy look to them. I've seen some purebred siberian huskies that look more wolfy to me than the dogs I posted at the top of the post.

Kootenaywolf
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Kootenaywolf » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:20 pm

Just saw the discussion on wolfy looking CSV...these are my personal favourite "wolfy" CSV!

Emba von der Wolfsranch

And Hargo L'amico Del Lupo

And then, there is Demoniak Diamond de la Louve Blanche, but there has been much suspicion over him being a "mix" with more wolf blood added...

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:48 pm

Oh they are gorgeous :D

Kootenaywolf
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by Kootenaywolf » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:54 pm

Aren't they? I seriously looked into a CSV for a while and I really wanted an Emba puppy...even more an Emba x Hargo puppy (I even talked to the owners trying to make it happen!! haha). I'm not sure if that litter will ever happen but the pups would be gorgeous...

caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by caninesrock » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:25 am

Beautiful animals. ^^ I love the last one. I personally wouldn't mind having a wolfdog/wolf-Czech Vlack mix as long as the breeder I got the dog from was honest about it not being a purebred Czech Vlack and having wolf or wolfdog mixed in. I would also love a purebred Vlack as well though.

Katlin
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Katlin » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:26 am

Oh god, better add that last dog on the want list, STUNNING <3
Polarose Tamaskan
Polardog Outfitters
Owner of Sierra Kaweah RN RI TDI TRN TTDN CRN-MCL @ Polarose

Misaya
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Misaya » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:55 am

Katlin wrote:Oh god, better add that last dog on the want list, STUNNING <3
Totally :) He's got a fabulous chunky look, while I think CSV's can be lovely, I think they are a little on the fine boned side nowadays.
- Fiona -

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce

wolfwoman
Tamtastic (Apprentice)
Tamtastic (Apprentice)

Post by wolfwoman » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:36 pm

My CsW-male Yukon

http://www.vantaelsesluske.nl __ greetings Stefanie

TerriHolt
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by TerriHolt » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:27 pm

He's lovely :D

~ Cherokee Proverb

~ Albert Einstein

susann
Tamabulous (Promoter)
Tamabulous (Promoter)

Post by susann » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:13 pm

I think we all see this differently.. Some see "wolf" in Maccon and some don't... it's in the eye of the beholder. I don't see any wolf in these CsW exept from the ones with "more wolfblood" like Emba von der Wolfsranch. They must be closer to the wolf that F5? The CsW and Saarloos I've seen in Sweden looks like pure dogs...but I still don't like the look of any of them. Something with their wide foreheads... just dont like their heads. Tamaskans got nice heads :D

caninesrock
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by caninesrock » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:28 pm

@Wolfwoman:
Incredible looking dog. If you ever breed him and if you ship out of the country, you may have a future customer. ;)
(In the distance future though as I still have alot of things to settle about my personal life and circumstances before I'm in the right position to take on any kind of large dog,not to mention one that requires as much attention and training as a Vlack.)

Just throwing this out there as a suggestion,but don't you think some pups crossed between Yukon and Emba would look gorgeous if you two could get your dogs together? ;)
I don't see any wolf in these CsW exept from the ones with "more wolfblood" like Emba von der Wolfsranch.
I don't believe Emba has any extra wolf in her. I don't think anyone said there was any suspicion of that. If there was extra wolf though, it appears to be a very tiny bit of European wolf in my opinion.

There is definitely no extra wolf in Hargo in my opinion. He looks very doggie to me personally, with a wide, fat head on a disproportionately thin/lean looking shaped body. His face looks kind of wolfy in the face close ups though.

Demoniak looks like he has had some Timber wolf added into him in my opinion though due to his large size, his head and face shape, and his general fluffiness compared to other Vlacks.
Something with their wide foreheads... just dont like their heads.
Actually, if you look at the pics I posted of the Eurasian Wolf and Eastern Wolf in my post above, they have quite wide heads themselves.