hello from New York!!!

If you are new to the International Tamaskan Forum, please introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Please CLICK HERE to read the Forum Rules!
wolfewarrior
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

hello from New York!!!

Post by wolfewarrior » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:02 pm

Hello my name is Helen I'm very new to forums (I've never been on one) I'm still getting use to working it but I'll get it eventually :oops:. I've done my own research on the breed but I hope to get more acquainted with everyone here and learn more about the breed. I'm currently living in Far Rockaway, New York but ill be moving early February to Chatham, New York with our pack (2 dogs and 2 cats) to a house where I plan to start a new and work on getting a Tamaskan puppy since me and my boyfriend have become obsessed with the breed :P I'm a groomer and he is a dog trainer please check me updated with upcoming litters around my area or if someone can help me keep up with it would be much appreciated :D

Eventide
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Re: hello from New York!!!

Post by Eventide » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:12 pm

Welcome Helen :) Love to see pictures of your "pack" when you get a chance.

wolfewarrior
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by wolfewarrior » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:04 am

we have a Maltese mixed with a Lhasa Apso his name is milo (I attached two pictures of milo one with me and the other by himself after I groomed him)

a mini austrlian shepard named Kato (I attached a picture of Kato and Chili)

and two tabby cats named chili and tara
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ryphen
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Ryphen » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:18 am

Huh. Chatham isn't that far from us. Not sure when you're moving, but you could meet our Tam if you wanted to see one in the fur. Welcome to the forum.

wolfewarrior
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by wolfewarrior » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:23 am

that would be awesome!!! we will be moving late January early February. we can set a play date with our dogs and your tam. do you have a faecbook? what is the dog's name and is the dog friendly with other dogs?

wolfewarrior
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by wolfewarrior » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:25 am

where did you get your dog from?

Eventide
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Eventide » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:26 am

What a great looking family :!: :)

wolfewarrior
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by wolfewarrior » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:36 am

thank you :D

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:23 am

Welcome to the forum! :D
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

wolfewarrior
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by wolfewarrior » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:44 am

thank you sylvaen I wish I lived near you or you could import your puppies to usa I've seen your most recent litter and they came out gorgeous!

HiTenshi16
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by HiTenshi16 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:07 am

Hello Helen, welcome to the forum! Your pack is cute :D Do share more photos in the 'Other Pets' section!

wolfewarrior
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by wolfewarrior » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:28 am

will do :P

Ryphen
Tamific (Novice)
Tamific (Novice)

Post by Ryphen » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:33 pm

Ah, a winter move. I remember doing those. Always a good time if it decides to snow. I do have Facebook, although I use it more to keep up on news than to post anything. xD Our dog's name is Kumho and we got him from Jim and Judy at Double J Kennels. He's pretty reserved when meeting new dogs but tends to warm up to them after being around them a while. The calmer they are, the faster he feels comfortable.

Sylvaen
Tamificent (Guru)
Tamificent (Guru)

Post by Sylvaen » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:42 pm

wolfewarrior wrote:thank you sylvaen I wish I lived near you or you could import your puppies to usa I've seen your most recent litter and they came out gorgeous!
Thanks, I think so too... but I guess I'm biased... :D :D

Actually, it is no problem for us to export puppies to the USA / Canada... it just requires a lot of paperwork / preparation and advance warning (it cannot be arranged at the last minute). With our recent litter, due to the timing, it was not possible to arrange export to the USA because of airline regulations (winter / cold weather restrictions) and also right around Christmastime, which is the busiest time of year, due to the USA's security protocols. Importing a puppy during the spring or summer shouldn't be a problem though. ;)
The future lies before you, like a path of pure white snow...
Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

wolfewarrior
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)
Tamthusiastic (Newbie)

Post by wolfewarrior » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:43 pm

Ryphen wrote:Ah, a winter move. I remember doing those. Always a good time if it decides to snow. I do have Facebook, although I use it more to keep up on news than to post anything. xD Our dog's name is Kumho and we got him from Jim and Judy at Double J Kennels. He's pretty reserved when meeting new dogs but tends to warm up to them after being around them a while. The calmer they are, the faster he feels comfortable.
kumho is handsome my dogs are very calm one is a lap dog (milo) and the other always responds with the same engery from the dogs around him (kato) it would be great to see how they all get along
Sylvaen wrote:
wolfewarrior wrote:thank you sylvaen I wish I lived near you or you could import your puppies to usa I've seen your most recent litter and they came out gorgeous!
Thanks, I think so too... but I guess I'm biased... :D :D

Actually, it is no problem for us to export puppies to the USA / Canada... it just requires a lot of paperwork / preparation and advance warning (it cannot be arranged at the last minute). With our recent litter, due to the timing, it was not possible to arrange export to the USA because of airline regulations (winter / cold weather restrictions) and also right around Christmastime, which is the busiest time of year, due to the USA's security protocols. Importing a puppy during the spring or summer shouldn't be a problem though. ;)
really i didnt know that around how much do you think the import would cost and when will you be planning your next litter i really hope charmander finds a good home he is a beautiful boy i wish i could keep him i like how you chose to use pokemon names for the puppies me and my boyfriend got excited when we saw you named them after pokemon :lol: